• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. 6 Theory

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
Here's a little theory I already said on one thread, but I wanted to make a thread out of it:

January 2020 is the half way point of the Switch's life according to Nintendo, and perhaps Sakurai believed that he wouldn't have time to complete a 3rd Fighter's Pass before the new console gets announced. It's rumored to be released in late 2022 or early 2023 whether Nintendo denies it or not. It's said developers were given the tools for the new console. I think Sakurai might be one of them.

PS, recently Nintendo said that the next console is in the planning phase.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Hmmmm....
What do you guys think another hybrid we already got 1 and one half hybrid consoles!
But to be fair hybrid seems to be the best gimmick ever so maybe Nintendo would do it again!

I was atagonised in another thread for it but what do you think should sakurai lead the next smash or not? after all shinya kumazki seems like he could handle smash pretty well!

Nah

Smash Champion
so like, what is your theory here exactly?

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
so like, what is your theory here exactly?
My theory is perhaps Sakurai is aware of the next console being planned, so he wanted more time to renew the rights of stuff before the next game. I dunno...

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
At the back of my mind I imagine that a smash game will come out multi-platform. I feel like that’d be a bad idea since smash has remained one of the biggest reasons for people to buy Nintendo consoles for nearly 2 decades now, but dunno all these 3rd party characters just make me imagine

MangoHero

Smash Rookie
If Sakurai is planning on pulling another "everyone is here" his dev team would certainly need a lot of time for negotiating all those rights again. Pretty doubtful though.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
My theory/ hope is that the next smash is maybe handeld by shinya Kumazaki!
Atleast let Shinya handle the Kirby content he is great with that!

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
If Sakurai is planning on pulling another "everyone is here" his dev team would certainly need a lot of time for negotiating all those rights again. Pretty doubtful though.
Well, there is a lot of time before the next console so maybe they want to use the time for the negotiations.

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
This. The only way I can see ultimate being played in future consoles is if those consoles are backwards compatible.

I believe the next gen console will be an upgraded switch because I don't see Nintendo leaving the "home console and portable gaming" combo anytime soon. They own the portable gaming market so it makes sense to keep the switch alive. I don't think the new console will be announced anytime soon.

Top Bottom