• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
ONE THING I FORGOT TO DO WAS TO VOTE ON THE ORDER.

Our current order is

• Nightmare
  • Red
  • Doomslayer
  • Ahri
  • Noah & Mio

You can vote on what the preferred order is in the link below and, once we have enough votes, I will look and take it into consideration. The last fighter will stay the same.

CLICK HERE TO VOTE

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Alright, the time we have been waiting for....

We have our final character submission for Super Smash Bros. Infinite. Yes, we do have a Definitive Edition planned but that will be reltaively quick. I do want to take the time to reflect since we started this project. Super Smash Bros. Infinite started in December 2020 (on Christmas) during the COVID pandemic. When I started the project, I didn't intend to 1) see it through and 2) for it to get where it did. I never had a roadmap and even into Spring 2021 so I didn't have a 100% idea on how I would proceed with the thread. It was thanks to people like Janx_uwu Janx_uwu , Mr. Robotto Mr. Robotto , airConditioner airConditioner , Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku , Krookodilian Krookodilian , as well as input from Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer and Capybara Gaming Capybara Gaming . This alslo includes help on the Wikia which has been amazing. More importantly though, the work and input you all give as a community truly what made this project great. I am truly thankful for all of the help you all have done and this was certaintly an era. Believe it or not but this thread will be 2 years old this Christmas. We have been through a lot and I have a lot more to say when we finally close up shop but I wanted to just use this space before we start submitting to say thank you to everyone.

Final DLC Character Submission

We will be submitting our final character for SEason 3. Remember that this character won't change their palcement in the season 3 lineup like the rest of them. Remember that this character is NOT 4th Party. We decided to GAMING-ONLY for this final character. This character gets that privledge of being featured as our final character so we need to be particular about how we submit the character. They need to follow some key aspects:
  1. Popular
  2. Marketable
  3. Globally visible
  4. Iconic
The character must have had some presence on a Nintendo console but, like Sora, this won't be strictly enforced but they must warrant this by being iconic and popular to the gaming industry.

When submitting, please provide the following information:
  • Name of the character with an image
  • Series
  • Company
  • Why they are not only deserving to be in Smash but ALSO why they are deserving of being the final character as DLC

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I would say Dant-no wait, then it should be Sabe-no wait, then it should be the Master Ch-no wait...

Jokes aside, I would say that the most popular choices are apparently Ryu Hayabusa and 2B, even having a previous discussion not too much ago, and I'm fine with both of them. It's hard to me to think into a character different to them.

I will not submit anything thoughtm since I think they both would be submitted by other people so...good luck for all!

We have our final character submission for Super Smash Bros. Infinite. Yes, we do have a Definitive Edition planned but that will be reltaively quick. I do want to take the time to reflect since we started this project. Super Smash Bros. Infinite started in December 2020 (on Christmas) during the COVID pandemic. When I started the project, I didn't intend to 1) see it through and 2) for it to get where it did. I never had a roadmap and even into Spring 2021 so I didn't have a 100% idea on how I would proceed with the thread. It was thanks to people like Janx_uwu Janx_uwu Janx_uwu Janx_uwu , Mr. Robotto Mr. Robotto Mr. Robotto Mr. Robotto , airConditioner airConditioner airConditioner airConditioner , Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku , Krookodilian Krookodilian Krookodilian Krookodilian , as well as input from Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer and Capybara Gaming Capybara Gaming Capybara Gaming Capybara Gaming . This alslo includes help on the Wikia which has been amazing. More importantly though, the work and input you all give as a community truly what made this project great. I am truly thankful for all of the help you all have done and this was certaintly an era. Believe it or not but this thread will be 2 years old this Christmas. We have been through a lot and I have a lot more to say when we finally close up shop but I wanted to just use this space before we start submitting to say thank you to everyone.
Also thank you so much for the mention! I personally don't feel that I aported too much to this thread, specially since I kinda abandoned it after some decisions made by the rest that just putted me off (very childish of my part I must admit) but I will try to be of help in the final track!

GolisoPower

Smash Master
1669262202250.png

YoRHa No.2 Type B (NieR:Automata, PlatinumGames + Square-Enix)

Who is she?
YoRHa No.2 Type B, or 2B as she will be majorly called, is one of three playable characters and protagonists of the critically-acclaimed action RPG NieR:Automata. 2B is a combat android tasked with combatting Machine Lifeforms that invaded Earth in the year 11945, near the turn of the 12th Millenium.

Why 2B?
NieR:Automata is arguably one of the biggest entries in the entire series, having won several awards and being the one entry that put the NieR series on the map, much like how Joker put Persona on the map with Persona 5. 2B is a very recognizable character, being on the cover of the boxart and being known for many things. From her design to her fighting to...other noticeable parts about her, 2B has a lot of things that people would remember her by. Furthermore, 2B is no stranger to crossing over, having appeared in SoulCalibur VI as a guest fighter alongside Geralt of Rivia and Haohmaru.

She also deserves to be the final character in this DLC because Venus gave us this thread to have fun in and build something good...so with this final DLC, I feel it's the perfect opportunity for us to give back, since he's been wanting 2B for a long time. Time to give our man some vindication.

How would she play?
Don't let that sword fool you, 2B has a lot more than that. Much like Bayonetta, NieR:Automata is a game known for its high-adrenaline combat, and I believe her set should showcase this. She has six methods of attacking her foes: the four weapon classes (Small Swords, Large Swords, Spears, Combat Bracers), and her small companion, Pod-042. This little flying metal box is capable of firing projectiles while she's moving and using special skills called Pod Programs to further mix things up. The sixth is Self-Destruct, a high-risk high-reward attack that leaves 2B at critical health levels and a healthy dose of clothing damage. Unless you have a specific mod. In addition, there's also the Perfect Dodge technique that can work similarly to Bayonetta's Bat Within, but with a few major tweaks to set her apart from the Umbra Witch.

Last edited:

Justoneguyhere1999

Smash Journeyman

Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden, Koei Tecmo)

Ryu Hayabusa, the main character of Ninja Gaiden and an classic NES icon. Hayabusa is a human-dragon hybrid who wields an ancestral weapon called the Dragon Sword, and is the leader of the Hayabusa Ninja Clan. Ninja Gaiden is one of well-known hardest NES game at the time and that alone would make him earn a place in Nintendo's history. His hardcore gameplay created a franchise on its own in general and his company worked with Nintendo once to create games together.

He can use his Dragon Sword that allows him to have a Hit-and-Run playstyle along with other ninja tolls to pull off long-ranged attacks such as his shurikens or bow and arrow. Even able to shoot fireballs from his hands with the art of the inferno. There is a variety of attacks one can pull from his modern and classic games.

Ryu Hayabusa is considered to be an NES all-star by gamers and would fit right into Smash just like Megaman and Simon Belmont.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Quick Question: can we submit a character that appeared in the last spirit submission round or is that off limits?

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
View attachment 364135

Who is she?
YoRHa No.2 Type B, or 2B as she will be majorly called, is one of three playable characters and protagonists of the critically-acclaimed action RPG NieR:Automata. 2B is a combat android tasked with combatting Machine Lifeforms that invaded Earth in the year 11945, near the turn of the 12th Millenium.

Why 2B?
NieR:Automata is arguably one of the biggest entries in the entire series, having won several awards and being the one entry that put the NieR series on the map, much like how Joker put Persona on the map with Persona 5. 2B is a very recognizable character, being on the cover of the boxart and being known for many things. From her design to her fighting to...other noticeable parts about her, 2B has a lot of things that people would remember her by. Furthermore, 2B is no stranger to crossing over, having appeared in SoulCalibur VI as a guest fighter alongside Geralt of Rivia and Haohmaru.

She also deserves to be the final character in this DLC because Venus gave us this thread to have fun in and build something good...so with this final DLC, I feel it's the perfect opportunity for us to give back, since he's been wanting 2B for a long time. Time to give our man some vindication.

How would she play?
Don't let that sword fool you, 2B has a lot more than that. Much like Bayonetta, NieR:Automata is a game known for its high-adrenaline combat, and I believe her set should showcase this. She has six methods of attacking her foes: the four weapon classes (Small Swords, Large Swords, Spears, Combat Bracers), and her small companion, Pod-042. This little flying metal box is capable of firing projectiles while she's moving and using special skills called Pod Programs to further mix things up. The sixth is Self-Destruct, a high-risk high-reward attack that leaves 2B at critical health levels and a healthy dose of clothing damage. Unless you have a specific mod. In addition, there's also the Perfect Dodge technique that can work similarly to Bayonetta's Bat Within, but with a few major tweaks to set her apart from the Umbra Witch.
you know, i did buy Nier: Automata for switch a while ago but i haven't played it yet due focusing on other games such as Danganronpa, Demon Slayer, and Pac-Man World. then again i've already finished pac-man so i shall make room for Nier.

If she wins, then i might consider playing her game to learn about her more.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I think I'll submit a character who fits VERY well with our last Spirit event.

We've got a ton of consoles repped in Smash Infinite. Pretty much every Nintendo, tons of arcade machines, some Sega consoles, Xbox consoles (if you count Steve and Banjo as Xbox characters), and most surprisingly, Sony's PlayStation line of hardware. However, there is one manufacturer that has been seriously neglected. One who is invaluable to all of gaming history. And I think we all know who...

Yup. We still lack an Atari fighter!

However, it's understandable why. Who would you even add? Atari's graphics are very limited by today's standards, which might make you think we'd have to either get really creative or base a fighter off of their game's box art, like adding the prisoner from Breakout. However, I can think of one character who absolutely takes the cake as a rep for the landmark gaming system, the Atari 2600. A character who transcends time, popularity, marketability, you name it.

That character is none other than...

Adventurer

A yellow square. Not only that - the second most popular yellow square in all of media! The Adventurer is the single-pixel protagonist of Atari's hit title, Adventure. I'm sure the first thing you're wondering about this guy is - what the hell is a yellow square going to do in Smash Bros?

I imagine Adventurer would have a moveset not unlike Mr. Game and Watch's, acting as a representative for other popular outings of the Atari consoles. Like, imagine a projectile based on Missile Command, an Up B having the little guy bounce off of the little bar thing from Breakout, maybe a tether grab where he gets help from the Centipede? The potential is endless with how many games Atari has developed, and how many of them would work super well for the purposes of the Adventurer's moveset.

Now, why should he have such a moveset? Reason being he's the perfect blank slate - just a square. If this was a character like Paperboy, it would be harder to work in references to other Atari things becasue there's so much to work with in the character alone, and they don't lend themselves as well to a "kitchen sink" type of moveset as Adventurer does. That doesn't mean the Adventurer would just be Atari References, The Character though. He would have the Key and Sword as his main weapons, the Magnet for a few attacks, and perhaps call in the three dragons for his three smashes.

But WHY? Why this yellow square in Smash Bros? And why as the final fighter?

For the simple reason that it's necessary. We still lack an Atari rep. Y'know. Videogames, the company? This is a choice not made out of want, but of reverence for what this little dot has done for the gaming industry. Giving us the open-world format as well as easter eggs, and acted as basically the oft-forgotten mascot of the well-known line of consoles. Ending on Adventurer would just be...right, y'know? The perfect swan song to the most ridiculous and impossible community-created game that ever didn't exist.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Ranni The Witch
Ranni is a major character and a fan favorite character in the 2022 Fromsoft game, Elden Ring

Elden Ring is an open world soulslike game with a wide cast of interesting characters, Before submitting Ranni, I thought about Radahn, Blaidd, Malenia and Alexander but I ultimately decided on arguably the most popular character

In terms of gameplay, Most of it would have to be made up as she does not fight in game, but she is a snow witch and there are a wide variety of things in Elden Ring to use as attacks.

I think for a final character they should be from a big hit, should bring something unique and also be memorable and I think Ranni fits all 3.

PastaRorroKuma

Smash Journeyman
jonesy-the-first-featured.png

**** yes
Jonesy (Fortnite, Epic Games)
Fortnite is one of the most popular games of all time, achieving massive succes in barely a year of it's release, it has died down a bit but it still has a huge fanbase.
Jonesy in Smash it's a big deal representation-wise and gameplay-wise, with fortnite mechanics just like building plus the insane amount of items the game has he could bring a very unique moveset.
Finally, Jonesy as the last character would be pretty unique, 2B and Hayabusa are for the fans, but Jonesy is for everyone, it's a Steve situation really.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
Sub-Zero (Mortal Kombat, WB Games/NetherRealm Studios)
1669274786098.png

If he's eligible, I think he's about the only character with the shock factor enough to warrant, and unlike his fellow MK contemporaries, he's reasonable enough that he could be toned down without losing out on the spirit of the character. We have ALL the other big fighting game series repped here, except MK. We don't have a cryomancer on the roster, and his ability to play with ice could make for an interesting kit, though honestly I'd say we should skip the input extras on him, just make him simple. It'd be the first time a Disney character and a WB character had the chance to duke it out too. He skirts the line of too violent, but I think he can keep it PG enough to duke it out with the greats. MK itself is banned from being sold in Japan, but it does have an audience there, and considering it's basically this series that gave us the modern day ratings board, it has legacy for better or for worse.​

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
This is my preferred submission.....

2B

NeiR Automata

Commanding System: Check
Prompts Completed: Check
Hype Percentage Calculated: 75%
Black Box Temperature: Normal
Moveset Potential: Omega Level
Company Onboard: Confirmed
Vitals:
Green
Worthy of being DLC: Confirmed

YoRHA requests confirmation by Nintendo HQ for YoRHa No.2 Type B to participate in the greatest battle for humanity. Unit is ready to engage in hostiles upon receiving the Invitation Message Program. Unit 2B will come equipped with only the best tools to wipe away any threat. Despite her heavy frame, she remains quick and agile with remarkable attack speed on levels not seen yet. Unit 2B would be a mobile heavyweight with attacks to fit almost any situation which makes her. A flexible and malleable fighter unlike many in the database. Unit 2B will be accompanied by a YoRHA Pod which is capable of dozens of different programs which aim to defeat any enemy she may encounter. What program she had access to is for you to decide.

Hardly does any fighter have such a list of potential attacks to choose from. Unit 2B has plenty of attacks to choose from with both stance-based weaponry, projectiles, and even self-detonation. If this does not convince you that 2B would be a worthwhile addition, perhaps this may convince you to include 2B:

One of 2B’s most flexible aspects is the use of POD which can fire out various types of projectiles or even be used for attacks. The POD is 2B’s most trusted helper so it would make logical sense to have the POS be carefully grafted into her moveset.

The software program NieR Automata has a plethora of content to choose from with such locations such as Abandoned Factory, City Ruins, Forest Kingdom, or Amusement Park. These locations offer plenty of content which YoRHA believes would transition well into Smash variables. Speaking of YoRHA, we have dozens of personnel and databases on enemies to provide as both cameos and Spirits not to mention assist trophies, bosses, and other includable content.

And dare we mention how NieR Automata won the Best Gaming Score in 2017 (according to Wikipedia). Our processors believe that including such a score would be a huge success in Smash with plenty of tracks to choose from. We scoured our musical databases and found this to be of significance. Plus, focusing heavily on this amazing soundtrack would be fitting considering it’s win in 2017

Please note, human, that our musical programs contains three types: Quiet, Medium, and Dynamic.

Due The consensus chose several tracks for your audio input pleasure as the music of this software is one reason why the authority wants to see 2B imported into the Smash mainframe

YoRHA databases indicate several other potential engrams which can be imported such as an assist trophy of A2 or Pascal, a Pascal Master Spirit, robotic enemies for Smash Dungeon as well as a Smash Dungeon level, and more.

The We understand that some users might not see the appeal of such a fighter and series to be imported due to a lack of general relevancy and important. NieR:Automata won many accolades and awards when it was released and 2B saw herself imported to other games such as SoulCalibur to much excitement. Indeed, 2B could be becoming just as irrelevant as potential one hit wonders. That being said, 2B still enjoys a lot of popularity due to her roll for being in a successful NeiR game; something that never happened before due to the lack of success in the series. This would also be a great way to incorporate this unit in.

Also, just incase this logic wasn’t enough…here is an idea how she would look compared to everyone else while smashing

This was done by a consensus within YoRHA but written in a way that is more approachable for past humans. We truly hope, for the sake of mankind, that YoRHA Unit 2B is included.

Disconnected…

But I don't wanna do a dual submission so.....

View attachment 352921

Ezio Auditore de Firenze

While not the original assassin, this could serve as our tie in like the Kazuya over Heihachi or Min-min over Spring Man type thing for Infinite. Ezio hails from Assassin's Creed from Ubisoft and is one of the flagship series of the Assassins Creed games. Not only did this game spawn numerous games but it brought forth comics, books, novels, and even a tv show. It is a huge series to say the least and for a game that strives to include important franchises from across the gaming universe, Assassin's Creed is one of glaring omission. With Altair obviously stuck being a Mii Costume, Ezio is honestly the next best choice best regardless. Ezio remains one of the more popular Assassins within the series and one that everyone sort of looks to for being "the Assassin". Not only that but AC2 and Brotherhood sold very well.

Ezio could have a moveset that incorporates his assassin based moveset with using his twin hidden blades, crossbows, grenades, and melee-oriented attacks with moves that could be a bit of a nod to Snake. Grapple moves that seek to immobilize opponents rather than outright launch them. He could be a glass-cannon character with hard hitting attacks that takes patience and time to set up but the end result is extremely satisfying. Or, make a mistake, and it's lights out for this assassin. Thus its a high-risk-high-reward type playstyle.

In terms of content, the series has a wide range of music to choose from, could lend itself to having a Masterpiece, Master Spirit, or a Smash Dungeon. The stage would be quiet interesting in that it would be based on a real location; something Smash doesn't do very often if not at all. This would obviously be Rome or one of it's locations.

Mii Costumes could also get the Ubisoft treatment with Rabbids returning along with a potential Rayman second costume, Far Cry, Splinter Cell, or even Brawlhalla. Likewise, we could include Mii Costumes that sort of fall within this general category along with Ezio with Mii Costumes composed of Joanna Dark, Dante, Corvo from Dishonored, or more.

I was going to do the Sims and I feel the character would be really fun but they would be super gimmicky. We have three characters who both have various gimmicks and mechanics so I felt that including Ezio would be a nice balance as we could be a bit more simple in terms of his design but also have some fun with creating stealth based moves.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Farmer (Stardew Valley)

Logo of Stardew Valley.png

Stardew Valley has been a massive commercial and critical success, appraised for its music, characters, and relaxing qualities. The farmer would be an avatar character with a farm based moveset, using crops, livestock, and farm tools to fight in Smash. The character would have both male and female costumes like previous avatar characters, with 6 costumes to each gender. The farmer would be another addition to the casual cast of Smash fighters, which is still relatively limited. Overall, the enormous success of the game gives this character more than enough star power to be added as the final DLC.

D

Deleted member

Tw3_Geralt_of_Rivia_newest_render.png

Geralt of Rivia
The main character of the Witcher series of RPGs. Witcher 3 is considered one of the greatest games ever made. Numerous new witcher games are coming out, including a remake of the orignal game and a game that's meant to start a new trilogy.

Geralt was enhanced in order to slay monsters. Geralt has plenty of weapons at his disposal, and can also use magic.

Yes. We'll need to address the elephant in the room. The Witcher was originally a book series but the Geralt of the games almost feels like a different person than the one in the books, and they use their wagons differently. Witcher content was allowed to be submitted during base game.

If we want a character who's gonna shock pepole, then Geralt is certainly one of the best possible picks for that.

Last edited by a moderator:

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Ok, given the huge success of Scarlet and Violet, here is my submission.

Baxcalibur

1669326301732.png

This Pokémon debuted in Scarlet and Violet. It is an ice/dragon type, which formerly exclusive to Kyurem. This Pokémon will use ice type and dragon type moves in it’s moveste. It will also represent the Semi-Legendaries in the franchise.

Overall, we are very long overdue for a new Pokémon rep. And this Pokémon would be a great choice. There are lots of other ones, but they have been discomfirmed, so this is one the best choices I got. Scarlet and Violet as sold 10 million copies and up, that is surprisingly successful.

Also I’m glad to join this project.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here are our submissions!

View attachment 364135

Who is she?

Why 2B?

How would she play?

Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden, Koei Tecmo)

Ryu Hayabusa, the main character of Ninja Gaiden and an classic NES icon. Hayabusa is a human-dragon hybrid who wields an ancestral weapon called the Dragon Sword, and is the leader of the Hayabusa Ninja Clan. Ninja Gaiden is one of well-known hardest NES game at the time and that alone would make him earn a place in Nintendo's history. His hardcore gameplay created a franchise on its own in general and his company worked with Nintendo once to create games together.

He can use his Dragon Sword that allows him to have a Hit-and-Run playstyle along with other ninja tolls to pull off long-ranged attacks such as his shurikens or bow and arrow. Even able to shoot fireballs from his hands with the art of the inferno. There is a variety of attacks one can pull from his modern and classic games.

Ryu Hayabusa is considered to be an NES all-star by gamers and would fit right into Smash just like Megaman and Simon Belmont.
I think I'll submit a character who fits VERY well with our last Spirit event.

We've got a ton of consoles repped in Smash Infinite. Pretty much every Nintendo, tons of arcade machines, some Sega consoles, Xbox consoles (if you count Steve and Banjo as Xbox characters), and most surprisingly, Sony's PlayStation line of hardware. However, there is one manufacturer that has been seriously neglected. One who is invaluable to all of gaming history. And I think we all know who...

Yup. We still lack an Atari fighter!

However, it's understandable why. Who would you even add? Atari's graphics are very limited by today's standards, which might make you think we'd have to either get really creative or base a fighter off of their game's box art, like adding the prisoner from Breakout. However, I can think of one character who absolutely takes the cake as a rep for the landmark gaming system, the Atari 2600. A character who transcends time, popularity, marketability, you name it.

That character is none other than...

Adventurer

A yellow square. Not only that - the second most popular yellow square in all of media! The Adventurer is the single-pixel protagonist of Atari's hit title, Adventure. I'm sure the first thing you're wondering about this guy is - what the hell is a yellow square going to do in Smash Bros?

I imagine Adventurer would have a moveset not unlike Mr. Game and Watch's, acting as a representative for other popular outings of the Atari consoles. Like, imagine a projectile based on Missile Command, an Up B having the little guy bounce off of the little bar thing from Breakout, maybe a tether grab where he gets help from the Centipede? The potential is endless with how many games Atari has developed, and how many of them would work super well for the purposes of the Adventurer's moveset.

Now, why should he have such a moveset? Reason being he's the perfect blank slate - just a square. If this was a character like Paperboy, it would be harder to work in references to other Atari things becasue there's so much to work with in the character alone, and they don't lend themselves as well to a "kitchen sink" type of moveset as Adventurer does. That doesn't mean the Adventurer would just be Atari References, The Character though. He would have the Key and Sword as his main weapons, the Magnet for a few attacks, and perhaps call in the three dragons for his three smashes.

But WHY? Why this yellow square in Smash Bros? And why as the final fighter?

For the simple reason that it's necessary. We still lack an Atari rep. Y'know. Videogames, the company? This is a choice not made out of want, but of reverence for what this little dot has done for the gaming industry. Giving us the open-world format as well as easter eggs, and acted as basically the oft-forgotten mascot of the well-known line of consoles. Ending on Adventurer would just be...right, y'know? The perfect swan song to the most ridiculous and impossible community-created game that ever didn't exist.
Ranni The Witch
Ranni is a major character and a fan favorite character in the 2022 Fromsoft game, Elden Ring

Elden Ring is an open world soulslike game with a wide cast of interesting characters, Before submitting Ranni, I thought about Radahn, Blaidd, Malenia and Alexander but I ultimately decided on arguably the most popular character

In terms of gameplay, Most of it would have to be made up as she does not fight in game, but she is a snow witch and there are a wide variety of things in Elden Ring to use as attacks.

I think for a final character they should be from a big hit, should bring something unique and also be memorable and I think Ranni fits all 3.
View attachment 364144
**** yes
Jonesy (Fortnite, Epic Games)
Fortnite is one of the most popular games of all time, achieving massive succes in barely a year of it's release, it has died down a bit but it still has a huge fanbase.
Jonesy in Smash it's a big deal representation-wise and gameplay-wise, with fortnite mechanics just like building plus the insane amount of items the game has he could bring a very unique moveset.
Finally, Jonesy as the last character would be pretty unique, 2B and Hayabusa are for the fans, but Jonesy is for everyone, it's a Steve situation really.
Sub-Zero (Mortal Kombat, WB Games/NetherRealm Studios)
View attachment 364145

If he's eligible, I think he's about the only character with the shock factor enough to warrant, and unlike his fellow MK contemporaries, he's reasonable enough that he could be toned down without losing out on the spirit of the character. We have ALL the other big fighting game series repped here, except MK. We don't have a cryomancer on the roster, and his ability to play with ice could make for an interesting kit, though honestly I'd say we should skip the input extras on him, just make him simple. It'd be the first time a Disney character and a WB character had the chance to duke it out too. He skirts the line of too violent, but I think he can keep it PG enough to duke it out with the greats. MK itself is banned from being sold in Japan, but it does have an audience there, and considering it's basically this series that gave us the modern day ratings board, it has legacy for better or for worse.​
Farmer (Stardew Valley)

Logo of Stardew Valley.png

Stardew Valley has been a massive commercial and critical success, appraised for its music, characters, and relaxing qualities. The farmer would be an avatar character with a farm based moveset, using crops, livestock, and farm tools to fight in Smash. The character would have both male and female costumes like previous avatar characters, with 6 costumes to each gender. The farmer would be another addition to the casual cast of Smash fighters, which is still relatively limited. Overall, the enormous success of the game gives this character more than enough star power to be added as the final DLC.
View attachment 364182
Geralt of Rivia.
The main character of the Witcher series of RPGs. Witcher 3 is considered one of the greatest games ever made. Numerous new witcher games are coming out, including a remake of the orignsl game a game that's meant to start a new trilogy.

A man who was enhanced in order to slay monsters. Geralt has plenty of weapons at his disposal, and can also use magic.

Yes. We'll need to address the elephant in the room. The Witcher was originally a book series but the Geralt of the games almost feels like a different person than the one in the books, and they use their wagons differently. Witcher content was allowed to be submitted during base game.

If we want a character who's gonna shock pepole, then Geralt is certainly one of the best possible picks for that.
Ok, given the huge success of Scarlet and Violet, here is my submission.

Baxcalibur

View attachment 364180
This Pokémon debuted in Scarlet and Violet. It is an ice/dragon type, which formerly exclusive to Kyurem. This Pokémon will use ice type and dragon type moves in it’s moveste. It will also represent the Semi-Legendaries in the franchise.

Overall, we are very long overdue for a new Pokémon rep. And this Pokémon would be a great choice. There are lots of other ones, but they have been discomfirmed, so this is one the best choices I got. Scarlet and Violet as sold 10 million copies and up, that is surprisingly successful.

Also I’m glad to join this project.
  • 2B (Nier Automata)
  • Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)
  • Adventurer (never specified which series)
  • Ranni the Witch (Elden Ring)
  • Ezio Auditore de Firenze (Assassin's Creed)
  • Jonesy (Fortnite)
  • Subzero (Mortal Kombat)
  • Geralt of Rivia (Witcher)
  • Stardew Farmer (Stardew Valley)
  • Baxcalibur (Pokemon)
We will now commence .....

Submission Discussion Round

We have our submissions locked in and we won't be accepting new ones to be submitted. Which ones do you feel that best fits as a last character? Which ones not so much? Which ones speaks to you as final DLC season ending material that manages to get people hyped up about the DLC package but also sad that DLC has infact ended?

We will do voting in the next four hours.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
2B - I love NieR and 2B, she doesn't really scream "Finale pick" to me but I can think of much worse characters for that category.

Ryu - I don't have much of an opinion on Ninja Garden but a lot of what I said about 2B applies here. There are much worse ideas for a finale pick

Adventurer - an Atari rep always slips my mind but this would be a fun send-off and a unique pick

Ranni - Self submission

Ezio - Another one like Hayabusa and 2B a generally good pick that wouldn't be the most bombastic finale but not a bad one.

Jonesy - I would love a Fortnite rep and it would be a fun conclusion.

Subzero - I am not super fond of MK but I absolutely acknowledge how impactful the series is, This would be a great finale simply based on the legacy

Geralt - I don't like the Witcher but I like the idea of breaking the boundaries of what counts as a video game character

Farmer - Wouldn't be the best finale but would be a fun character to play as and farming sim representation is something that is needed

Baxcalibur - I didn't even know this Pokemon existed until this submission so there is that, I guess this Pokemon could be a big deal in this alternate future but I personally do not think this would be a good finale choice.

Last edited:

PastaRorroKuma

Smash Journeyman
2B - I like her, even if I never played Nier Automata she's fine, not a bad final pick

Hayabusa - I like him much more than 2B but for me Hayabusa really doesn't say final pick

Adventurer - I would like an Atari rep and all but the Adventurer being just a plain cube kinda throws me off

Jonesy - My own submission

Sub-Zero: Maybe my favorite option here, a nice and interesting pick that I would actually use if he got in Smash

Geralt: I've said it a couple of times but he's the perfect 4th party, I would even go as far as to say he isn't even a 4th party considering the differences between the witcher's books and games

Farmer - Never played Stardew Valley so I don't have an attachment, would be weird to have it as a indie rep before things like Shantae or Undertale

Baxcalibur - The name sounds really badass and all but I just don't see it, maybe in the Definitive Edition

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I forgot to mention that I swapped my 2B submission out for Ezio. My 2B submission is still there but I added Ezio as my official submission whereas the 2B submission was in support of the first one made.

D

Deleted member

2B - A pretty soild pick. Kind of a Bayonetta analogue honestly. People have been wanting her for a while now and she's probably the biggest missing fan requests who isn't in already or who we haven't disconfirmed. Maybe doesn't have that sense of finality that Sora had but if we wanna just go for a fan favorite then she's a great pick. Being the thread owner's most wanted is also a touch.

Ryu Hyabusa - Another soild pick. Kind of similar reasons to 2b. He's been a character who's been talked about for some time. The last big nes icon. One of the last big speculation picks for ultimate who we haven't added or disconfirmed. I personally think there are more interesting characters, but he's definitely a soild character who deserves his spot.

Adventurer - I get the idea here but I'm not sure making a box our last character makes a ton of sense. I feel a lot of players would just be confused. I'm not trying to imply Atari is unimportant, it's honestly the most important thing here. But I just can't see most players being exited by this.

Jonesy - I honestly think it might be his time. Fortnite is huge and has been proven to not be a splash in the pan thing. We don't really have a modern character as DLC, apart from Zagrus and the Xenoblade 3 duo. I don't even find him that interesting as a character but it would be a big thing to end on.

Ranni - An Elden Ring character is a pretty good idea but why Ranni? She's probably the best character don't get me wrong. I like her a lot and she's a fan favorite. But she's an NPC who doesn't fight. A tarnished or Malenia would probably be the best ER reps.

Ezio - This is actually a pretty underrated pick. Ubisoft is probably the biggest publisher without a playable rep. Ass Creed is a huge series with a ton of content t pull from. And as much as I'd prefer Rayman, a AC rep is the way bigger draw.

Sub-Zero - Mixed on this. MK is a pretty huge series. Probably one of the biggest currently left out of our roster. But we have have lot of fighting game characters already, and we already added a mk mii costume.

Geralt - Own pick

Farmer - A cute idea but not really beffitng of a final character. Also Harvset Moon / SOS should definitely be the farming game chosen if any.

Baxcalibur - I'm not a Pokémon fan so I'm lacking in knowledge here. This dude looks pretty rad but I don't see why we'd add a random Pokémon as our final character. But i do think us not doing a Pokémon as DLC was kind of odd so maybe in the definitive edition?

Last edited by a moderator:

BowserKing

Smash Lord
A lot of the choices are quite great. As for my Pokémon choice, a lot of my ideas for one has sadly been discomfirmed (Lugia, Garchomp, Meinshao Mimikyu, Cinderace, Corviknight and Dragapult, to name a few). That Pokémon is one of my final options left, one to represent a smash hit. Obviously my choice will not be my number 1 voted choice, due to obligations, but Nintendo characters are highly important for smash, since it started with them in the first place.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I think this ultimately boils down to 2B vs Hayabusa. Sure, there are some candidates that catch my eye like Baxcalibur, Sub-Zero and surprisingly Adventurer, but the combat android and the dragon ninja are effectively, and arguably, the biggest of the bunch. Honestly, 2B could be the perfect mix of Bayonetta and Sora because NieR:Automata is made by Platinum (The devs behind Bayonetta) and Square (One of the collaborators for Kingdom Hearts) and she could take in a bit of both characters.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
One issue I have with Atari is that we already had an Atari Sprit Event. This is something that got passed me previously but something I feel could be an issue Spirits wise.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Well, this is it! Our last Newcomer voting! Thank you to everyone who has taken part on this project! Future stuff may be coming after we finish this stuff up but it's time for the tthread to take a much needed break.

PLEASE VOTE HERE

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
Quick Thoughts:
2B - Solid pick from a smash hit game, but I would argue that while her game is a huge deal, her series doesn't have a huge effect on gaming as a whole. Not to mention three PlatinumGames characters are already here.
Hayabusa - A character who feels like a missing choice, however, again I feel like his effect on gaming is pretty limited. Yeah, everyone knows Ninja Gaiden was balls hard in the 80s, but so were Mega Man and Castlevania. Huge support for the character but if we want the wow factor he's not exactly the pick I'd go for.
Adventurer - Considering they couldn't even be bothered to mention it's series... why was this even allowed? Atari had a spirit event, that's more than enough. What a joke.
Ranni- Flavor of the week, and doesn't even have it's game on Nintendo, and no, Elden Ring is not a Dark Souls games, it's it's own universe. Why not include an actual Dark Souls character, and at that, either the playable rep or a boss, you know, the thing people come to Soulsborne games for?
Ezio - IMO, the best choice other than maybe Sub-Zero. Ubisoft absolutely deserves a rep, and at this point I feel AssCreed and even Splinter Cell would be more likely to take that spot. You could also make his alts other assassins like Edward and Altair; and an assassin hit-and-run style of play would actually be pretty rad.
Jonesy - Same thoughts as usual, but if we're looking for wow factor, this is the pick. Fortnite is huge and absolutely deserves some representation, though I'd personally prefer a Mii Costume. I don't think the moveset really has the potential to be that unique.
Sub-Zero - My own submission, but I genuinely think legacy is the saving grace here, plus the ability to be a cryomancer, not to mention we literally have all the other big fighting game series. MK is a glaring omission.
Geralt of Rivia - I don't really know how I feel like this, considering it's based on a book character that, unlike Dracula, isn't in public domain, and also whether or not the game character and book character are so similar that they'd need to deal with that; if he's different enough I suppose I'm fine with it personally.
Stardew Farmer - Frankly, if we're getting a farming sim rep, which Nintendo apparently loves, a Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons rep should be the one. Plus I feel the star power here isn't worth it for the final fighter.
Baxcalibur - This Pokemon's even on my team. A kaiju-inspired fighter would be pretty cool, and Ice and Dragon are types we don't have, but I wonder how people would react if a first-party/second-party character from a franchise people already think is bloated in Smash would react to this being a DLC character at all, much less it being the final one, even if S/V is the biggest launch in series history.

Personally, I think if I were to rank them by most wanted to least... Ezio, Sub-Zero, 2B/Geralt tie, Hayabusa. Baxcalibur, Jonesy, Farmer, Ranni, Adventurer.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Adventurer - Considering they couldn't even be bothered to mention it's series... why was this even allowed? Atari had a spirit event, that's more than enough. What a joke.
BRO WHY DOES EVERYONE KEEP SAYING I DIDN'T MENTION THE SERIES
The Adventurer is the single-pixel protagonist of Atari's hit title, Adventure.
DO I HAVE TO PUT EVERYTHING IN BIG BOLDED TEXT TO MAKE SURE Y'ALL SEE IT

NanayaGaming

Smash Journeyman
Aww, I missed the submissions, I just wanted to say that I think it would be better submit Ceruledge has a SV rep since it was announced vía trailer unlike Bax so there is already a general impresión of him and it is a very good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom