• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Yoohoo, been a hot minute. Figured I'd join in for the grand ginale

I'm personally rooting for Hayabusa but I'd bee cool with all three of these, and they'd all make for appretty great finale
We actually still have two spots left after this, not counting the echo passes we've started doing.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Personally, i'm sad that Ahri didn't make it and Hayabusa did.

I mean i get but still she would've introduced a new genre.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I can still vote multiple times.
How? Well I can’t get into it now. Maybe in a few days. Sorry

it’s always been like that. Anyone who votes twice gets a vote removed. It’s happened multiple times but making it be a one time response requires logging into Google which was something some people couldn’t do.

yourself, ivanlerma ivanlerma , GolisoPower GolisoPower and @Darkonedagger voted multiple times so I will be removing obe of those bites at my discretion.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

How? Well I can’t get into it now. Maybe in a few days. Sorry

it’s always been like that. Anyone who votes twice gets a vote removed. It’s happened multiple times but making it be a one time response requires logging into Google which was something some people couldn’t do.

yourself, ivanlerma ivanlerma , GolisoPower GolisoPower and @Darkonedagger voted multiple times so I will be removing obe of those bites at my discretion.
That's my bad. I saw that and assumed my vote hadn't went through or something. Sorry.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Oh man...this was tough....

Here are results! Thank you to everyone who voted! I double checked all of our voting to ensure that there weren't any repeat votes and I have been able to safe guard against multiple votes. Please check the winner here...

NameMostMidLeastTotal
2B66921
Hayabusa78621
Ahri96621
Please see the below spoiler for explanation of results...

It was a very tight race but Ahri managed to grab more Most votes than Hayabusa did with his grabbing more mid votes. That being said, technically speaking, The results are fairly vague but, based on what we are seeing, Ahri nabbed more Most Votes while Hayabusa nabbed more Mid votes. 2B was obviously the clear winner for Least Votes.

I don't wish to have another run-off poll that removes 2B based purely on the fact that it will cause the voting period to be extended. Are you content with an Ahri win or do you think we shoudl move into a run-run-off pole to remove 2B from voting?)

D

Deleted member

Was the one of the three I was least interested in, but it's clear people want her. Unless there's major pushback then I say we go with her winning.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
I'd be able to accept this, Ahri is someone i like to see be used and we haven't utilize another genre, i wish to see how she would play in this game to get an idea on how she fights(or heck just learn about her in general).

Also, if it makes you any better venus, i voted mid for 2B.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I'm not really sure what system was intended with this, but if we count each Most vote as 1, each Mid vote as 0, and each Least vote as -1, 2B gets -3, Ryu gets 1, and Ahri gets 3.

If we count each Most vote as 3, each Mid vote as 2, and each Least vote as 1, 2B gets 39, Ryu gets 43, and Ahri gets 45.

It may be close, but the last two runoff polls with Ahri both had her lose by a single vote. I see nothing wrong with letting her win (by technically a larger margin in both systems) in this case.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I agree with
I'm not really sure what system was intended with this, but if we count each Most vote as 1, each Mid vote as 0, and each Least vote as -1, 2B gets -3, Ryu gets 1, and Ahri gets 3.

If we count each Most vote as 3, each Mid vote as 2, and each Least vote as 1, 2B gets 39, Ryu gets 43, and Ahri gets 45.

It may be close, but the last two runoff polls with Ahri both had her lose by a single vote. I see nothing wrong with letting her win (by technically a larger margin in both systems) in this case.
This logic. I also have to apologize to everyone that I haven’t been able to fully get ourselves out of this rut. I’ve been tremendously busy as I mentioned many many times. It will improve by next week thankfully but until then, I ask for you all to bare with me. Announcement is forthcoming.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Ok! Say welcome to our third to last fighter! Remember we will reorder all but the last character so while this character is our third to last, they could technically be our first character!

1663612374290.png

Ahri from League of Legends
Ahri from League of Legends will be our next character for Infinite and will round off our western third party characters. This means the remaining two will be infact Japanese since LoL is from an American studio. This also makes the MMORPG represented via character, Ahri. This also adds a female fighter in our Season 3 DLC. We have two more characters following Ahri so the stakes are quite high. I will be adding our next job shortly.

It's not really a spoiler like other newcomers so the next coming job will be coming soon.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
It was a long hard fight, but 3rd times the charm! After losing two runoffs, I really thought she embodied this job perfectly and it was a well deserved win.

While we're in the process of adding a new character to the front page, I'd like to note the Stylist image is broken.

1663612807278.png

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Ahri Gameplay Submissions

I feel Ahri would be rather straight forward compared to how Red, Nightmare, and Doomslayer is and be a rather middle road in terms of gameplay. That being said, I am not an LoL player by any stretch of the imagination so Ican't say 100% can or should play as. How do you feel Ahri should play as?

Her is a look at her tookskit:

Abilities
Essence Theft

INNATE: Ahri generates a stack of Essence Fragment whenever she kills a minion or monster. At 9 stacks, she consumes them to heal herself for 35 − 95 (based on level) (+ 20% AP).
Whenever Ahri scores a champion takedown within 3 seconds of damaging them, she consumes their essence to heal herself for 75 − 165 (based on level) (+ 30% AP).

Orb of Deception
COST:

60 / 70 / 80 / 90 / 100 MANA
COOLDOWN:
ACTIVE: Ahri sends her orb in the target direction that deals magic damage to enemies hit. At maximum range, the orb homes back to her to deal the same in true damage to enemies hit.

Fox-Fire
COST:

30 MANA
COOLDOWN:
9 / 8 / 7 / 6 / 5

ACTIVE: Ahri gains 40% bonus movement speed that decays over 2 seconds and conjures three flames which orbit her clockwise for up to 2.5 seconds.
After 0.25 seconds, each flame targets a visible enemy, or after 0.4 seconds targets the closest visible enemy in range, dealing magic damage. The damage is doubled against minions below 20% maximum health.

Flames prioritize enemy champions hit by Charm, then enemy champions, then minions that would die to Fox-Fire's damage, and then the target of Ahri's last basic attack within 3 seconds.

Charm
COST:

60 MANA
COOLDOWN:

ACTIVE: Ahri blows forth a kiss in the target direction that deals magic damage to the first enemy hit, knocking them down and charming and slowing them by 65% for a duration.

Spirit Rush
COST:

100 MANA

ACTIVE: Ahri dashes to the target location and then fires essence bolts to up to 3 nearby visible enemies, each dealing magic damage.

Spirit Rush can be recast twice more within 15 seconds of the activation at no additional cost, with a 1 second static cooldown between casts. Consuming a champion's essence with Essence Theft while Spirit Rush is active extends the recast duration by and up to 10 seconds, and grants an additional recast, storing up to 3 recasts at a time.

RECAST: Ahri mimics the first cast's effects.

Spirit Rush's recast duration will persist even after having used all recasts. Fox-Fire can be cast during the dash. Spirit Rush will cast at max range if cast beyond that.

Here is also a video I dug up which sort of explains how Ahri could play as in Smash

WE AREN'T DOING MOVESET SUBMISSIONS JUST GAMEPLAY

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Honestly, I like the idea of her playing as a Sheik-type character where she can attack from anywhere at once, but I'd like to propose another mechanic we could give her:

In League of Legends, for every Champion and Minion you kill, you gain a little something called, "XP", which enhances your stats, unlocks abilities and upgrades said abilities. I imagine Ahri would have a similar mechanic in Smash Infinite: starting at Level 0 every match, Ahri gains XP by one of the following methods:
  • KOs: You are immediately awarded 100 XP for taking an opponent's stock.
  • Knockback: Ahri will gain XP based on how far you launch a foe, gaining 1 XP per 1/10 Training Squares. For example, launching a foe 4 Training Squares away grants Ahri 40 XP.
  • Spiking: Spiking a foe grants Ahri 50 XP by default.
  • Combos: Landing combos grants a stackable multiplier of 0.05x per hit, adding itself to the KO, Knockback or Spike methods. For example: a 14-hit combo will grant Ahri a 1.7x multiplier to her total XP.
  • Being In Close Proximity To a KO or a Knockback Instance: Ahri will gain XP for standing 1.5 Training Squares near a point where a foe was launched, but only half the total since she herself was not involved. This replicates the mechanic of gaining XP near an enemy minion or Champion that perishes at your teammates' hands.
Ahri has a total of 18 Levels she can gain in a single match:
1663614722153.png

Each level she gains, she can use to directly upgrade the most recently-used Special (3 of her 4 Abilities in League could be upgraded up to 5 times, but the other, her Ultimate, could only be upgraded 3 times). So at early percentages, Ahri's...not too good. But as you gain more and more levels, Ahri eventually becomes a major powerhouse.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
How do we feel about this proposal?

Honestly, I like the idea of her playing as a Sheik-type character where she can attack from anywhere at once, but I'd like to propose another mechanic we could give her:

In League of Legends, for every Champion and Minion you kill, you gain a little something called, "XP", which enhances your stats, unlocks abilities and upgrades said abilities. I imagine Ahri would have a similar mechanic in Smash Infinite: starting at Level 0 every match, Ahri gains XP by one of the following methods:
  • Knockback: Ahri will gain XP based on how far you launch a foe, gaining 1 XP per 1/10 Training Squares. For example, launching a foe 4 Training Squares away grants Ahri 40 XP.
  • Combos: Landing combos grants a stackable multiplier of 0.05x per hit, adding itself to the KO, Knockback or Spike methods. For example: a 14-hit combo will grant Ahri a 1.7x multiplier to her total XP.
  • Being In Close Proximity To a KO or a Knockback Instance: Ahri will gain XP for standing 1.5 Training Squares near a point where a foe was launched, but only half the total since she herself was not involved. This replicates the mechanic of gaining XP near an enemy minion or Champion that perishes at your teammates' hands.
View attachment 361054

Each level she gains, she can use to directly upgrade the most recently-used Special (3 of her 4 Abilities in League could be upgraded up to 5 times, but the other, her Ultimate, could only be upgraded 3 times). So at early percentages, Ahri's...not too good. But as you gain more and more levels, Ahri eventually becomes a major powerhouse.
I do feel that limiting it a bit would be within our best interest considering it’s Smash. Maybe limiting it to 8 levels to make it more manageable. This makes the charqcter more scaleable and with each level having a noticeable benefit. Having 18 levels is far too much and the changes wouldn’t be noticeable. There should be some sort of accomplishment felt by gaining a level but I feel that this can’t be accomplished by giving her so many levels. Otherwise, she would feel broken as each level would be a bit increase in power

warpenguin55

Smash Journeyman

View attachment 361054

I tried thinking of ways to make LoL characters (not only Ahri) work in smash. None of these ideas ever involved XP and leveling because I never had an idea that could work. This idea is promising, good job.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
How do we feel about this proposal?

I do feel that limiting it a bit would be within our best interest considering it’s Smash. Maybe limiting it to 8 levels to make it more manageable. This makes the charqcter more scaleable and with each level having a noticeable benefit. Having 18 levels is far too much and the changes wouldn’t be noticeable. There should be some sort of accomplishment felt by gaining a level but I feel that this can’t be accomplished by giving her so many levels. Otherwise, she would feel broken as each level would be a bit increase in power
You know, I'd be okay with reducing the levels to 8. It'd make the "upgrading Specials" aspect only two levels since there's no way we're locking our Specials behind levels, and it makes it a lot easier to keep track, too.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So for one…I feel relieved. Basically, I’ve cut off a lot of what was stressing me out and making me overly busy by drastically cutting down hours and even leaving a job. Aside from my 50-60 hour a week job, I am in the process of leaving my 25-hour job and, instead, taking up work that allows me to decide my own hours.

I feel far better both physically and mentally. I hope to finish this thread strong and to see it through to the end.

So we will be taking up GolsiPower’s submission as Ahri’s gameplay but we will be drastically reducing it by allowing Ahri access to a total of eight levels. This can be done much like how GolisoPower explained. This is my take on what Goliso offered. This is de power the character who make her more manageable.

• Blocking/Perfect Shielding: Scoring a Perfect Shield yields 5 XP while blocking, like knockback, is 1% and scaleable based on the damage taken.
Here is how Ahri’s upgrade process looks like:

Level 1: 120
Level 2: 180
Level 3: 240
Level 4: 290
Level 5: 340
Level 6: 400
Level 7: 450
Level 8: 500

This allows Ahri to be able to access her higher levels not easily but capable even for low level players. This is the benefits that gaining levels brings:

Level 1: Increases attack output and speed by .5%.Slightly noticeably faster with more attack damage capability which can be seen by those who pay attention
Level 2: Higher launch resistance by 2%
Level 3: Higher jump and air speed by 2.5%.
Level 4: Reduced animation lag in particular moves which allows for further combos.
Level 4: Specials are more potent by dealing 2.8% more damage with 1.5% more knockback.
Level 5: Increased speed by 2%. Attack magnifier for infinite jab by .8%.
Level 6: Increased area damage from attacks by 3%.
Level 7: Gains superarmor in some attacks
Level 8: Attack, Smash, and Speed increase by 3.8%

Ahri’s Specials also upgrades as Ahri gains more levels.

Now, I have a few questions:

Should players be able to stack benefits? Meaning by the time they get to level 8, should all gained level up benefits be available? Or perhaps only the most recent two plus the current level benefit with earlier benefits being discarded?

Should Ahri be able to cancel an EXP upgrade in order to stay within a preferred range based on the players playstyle?

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I think all the level-up benefits should be available at once, that way, Ahri has a major goal to work for throughout a match.

As for the canceling upgrades thing...that...isn't really a thing in League, and I'm unsure if it'd fit really feel like playing League. For the most part, we've had our third-parties feel like somebody is playing the game they came from, so I think we should be as faithful to the source material in some aspects as we could.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I think all the level-up benefits should be available at once, that way, Ahri has a major goal to work for throughout a match.

As for the canceling upgrades thing...that...isn't really a thing in League, and I'm unsure if it'd fit really feel like playing League. For the most part, we've had our third-parties feel like somebody is playing the game they came from, so I think we should be as faithful to the source material in some aspects as we could.
Ok, I just thought it’s a bit limiting to type-cast a player into playing how they may not want to play in exchange for a potential reward that they might not even end up appreciating.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Ahri Job: Moveset Submissions

We will begin submitting a moveset for Ahri. We need to pull from her toolkit from LoL. She also has a passive attack that could be reworked as a gimmick mechanic along with Xp.

Here is a video on how Ahri plays like in LoL

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Side Special: Charm

Ahri takes a little to strike a...playful pose then performs an equally-playful wink to release a heart projectile the size of a Kafrizz that travels as fast as Marth's walk speed. Anybody within 1/3 BF that's hit will take 2% damage, but will be forced to go at max walking speed towards Ahri's location for 2 seconds, or until she strikes them for 1.2x the normal damage and knockback. This Special also has the unique flavor of changing their eyes, similar to when they have a Smash Ball, except this time, their eyes are glowing a bright pink while Charmed.

Down Special: Fox Fire

Ahri summons 3 balls of foxfire that constantly float around her like Mega Man's Leaf Shield for 5 seconds. If anybody gets within 1/4 BF of Ahri during that time, the foxfire balls will automatically lock onto them and deal 9% damage total with medium-low knockback at Level 0, prioritizing anybody under the effects of Charm.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom