• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I only remember Edelgard and the Amazon being submitted once, I don't think they should be added to the list but that is just me.

Nahobino and Tom Nook are fine

I also think Jonesy should be added.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Is this replacing the submission round entirely? Like are we voting for the newcomer directly on the list?
That is one thing I am working on which is th ebest way to approach it. I still want people to submit content but its like, well, if we already know what is being accepted....do we need to submit?

We shall see.

It's also not being done in th ebest of times as I gotta work a lot this Friday night and weekend. My phone is also broke so I can't check up stuff as much.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Alright, I decided this.

Submit a Thread-Favorite Newcomer

We will allow submissions including characters who were not discussed previously. That being said, there some ground rules:

1) The character either must of been submitted more then 2 times

or

2) Submitted just once but did well with voting (2nd or 3rd place)

You can search in our thread by typing in newcomer and/or results and putting the "By" member" and inputting my name in there.

Characters that are ineligible are characters that are:
  • Supported/shilled/nominated by just one person
  • Characters who are already in the game
  • Fighting game character
  • 1st Person Shooter
  • Indie Game
Just to let you know that if we go Western pick for this character, most likely, the final character will need to be from a Japanese IP. Which is perfectly fine but something to keep in mind.

In your submission, please provide valid reasoning why this character fulfills one or both of the above rules. This includes any past voting results, submission posts, discussion posts, etc.

Now, I don't want you to police each other but I will largely be unavailable. Like I said, my phone is out of comission and that is how I keep in touch. I work 6 am to 4 pm and 5 pm to 11 pm today and 10 am to 6 pm tomorrow and Sunday is 2 pm to 11 pm followed by three back to back shifts of 6 am to 4 pm and 5 pm to 11 pm Monday to Wednesday. I will be available during portions of the day next week but most won't be active this weekend. With that being said, could you guys help keep submissions inline with the above ruling. If any aren't, please discuss why they aren't and then make present that to me by pinging me. That way I can make the final decision when I organize our submissions.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Members of Leadership. League of Legends.

:
D E A T H

But in all seriousness…

Ahri here is one of the over 100 champions playable in the MOBA-turned multimedia franchise, League of Legends. Love or hate the game, you cannot deny that it has done so much for eSports and streaming as a whole.

Why Ahri?
Ahri here can be considered the face of League of Legends, as in, she’s one of the most popular characters in the franchise, with no shortage of costumes, a role in the band K/DA, and being chosen as one of the playable characters in the recently-released Ruined King: A League of Legends Story. All this, and the only character that can rival her in recent memory is Jinx.

And as mentioned before, LoL has done a lot for streaming as a whole, elevating Twitch to what it is today, and has even become one of the biggest eSports in the history of the industry. Furthermore, this game was what elevated the popularity of patches in the game, giving balance patches every 2 weeks and adding new characters per month.

How Would She Play?
Here’s the thing: in League of Legends, you start off at Level 1 alongside the rest of your team. But as you play a match of LoL, you begin to slowly grow through leveling up with Champion Experience, which is used for unlocking abilities and directly upgrading said abilities. Furthermore, leveling up also grants you a boost in statistics, such as defense, mana, attack power, and attack speed. In Smash, I imagine her gimmick to be the same way, except it’s only used to upgrade her abilities and bolster only her damage and frame data. And from the recently-released preview of Project L, Riot’s new League fighting game, we have more to work with in terms of what kind of moveset she would have.

But as for her playstyle? I imagine her being an extremely mobile zoner who hops around the stage and attacks from a distance. Like, imagine Zero Suit Samus but with Mega Man-style projectiles. You basically have Ahri. She has a boomerang projectile that heals her if you hit someone enough times, you have a projectile that can charm people and force them to harmlessly walk towards you, and you have an Up Special that is effectively Sora’s Sonic Blade that shoots fireballs at nearby foes. Furthermore, a Champion Experience gimmick could resonate with people who main Frank West in Marvel vs. Capcom, giving her a good snowball mechanic, to boot.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
The Master Spirit Dojo descriptions don't actually detail the stats being changed, just the descriptions of those stats, some of which become super cryptic as they were written to explain the stat choices rather than show what the stats are (like my Kangaroon)
Would you like to take a crack at rewriting them so it details the stats being changed rather than describing which ones?

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Bringing in Porky (Mother series)

Porky is one of the main villains of the mother series, enough for him to appear as a boss in Brawl. Yet I’m surprised that he is completely absent in Brawl. Anyways, Porky can sent out porky bombs and lasers, in addition to using the machine legs as weapons.

Porky was close to being in the base game, and would have won, if someone did not duplicate an account. Thanks to that, DJ Octavio got in. Perhaps this is Porky’s time to shine.

After all, we do need a new Mother rep, and a Mother villain would be great as well. That is why Porky should be playable in Infinite.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
Once more.

Spyro the Dragon

View attachment 357061

Smash remains to have criminally few quadruped fighters, and there's no gaming icon better to represent them than Spyro the Dragon. A mascot of the PS1 era, and eventually the Wii era as well through... less than fantastic means, Spyro's one of gaming's most popular mascots (even if he is particularly popular for a certain niche.) The character could be unique by allowing him to glide, and as a dragon have a special mechanic where he has Smash attacks even in the air. He could have additional jumps, he can breath multiple elements, and his franchise is praised for it's fantastic level design and music, meaning he could bring plenty of incredible stages with him. In initial speculation, he was always overshadowed by his fellow former Sony mascot, but with Crash here, I feel like uniting the duo once again is a long time coming.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
2B (Nier)

2B Nier Automata.png

2B is the main character of Nier Automata, a spin off of the Drakengard series that has received critical acclaim for its story, themes, gameplay, music, and design. 2B was a popularly discussed character in Smash speculation throughout Ultimate's lifespan, which was even before her series was ever brought to a Nintendo system. Now that we have her game announced for the Switch, now is a perfect time to add her to Infinite. Her announcement for Smash would bring much excitement to the fanbase, around her gameplay and all the content she would bring with her in a challenger pack.

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
I will submit Rayman

images (2).jpeg

Rayman is the eponymous protagonist from a video game series created by Ubisoft, he is a thingamjig created by the nymphs. Rayman had various adventures,as escaping a pirate ship from robot pirates,defeat hoodlums and knaarens and defeat five evil teensies.

Rayman is a iconic Ubisoft character,i know that he is in other platform fighter called Brawlhalla and he is Smash Infinite as a Spirit and Mii Costume,but Min Min and Pyra & Mythra are the proof of Spirits don't deconfirms playable characters and Link,Samus and Meta Knight are also the proof of Mii Costumes don't deconfirms playable characters. So probably,Rayman can joins the roster.

D

Deleted member

I will submit Rayman

View attachment 360938

Rayman is the eponymous protagonist from a video game series created by Ubisoft, he is a thingamjig created by the nymphs. Rayman had various adventures,as escaping a pirate ship from robot pirates,defeat hoodlums and knaarens and defeat five evil teensies.

Rayman is a iconic Ubisoft character,i know that he is in other platform fighter called Brawlhalla and he is Smash Infinite as a Spirit and Mii Costume,but Min Min and Pyra & Mythra are the proof of Spirits don't deconfirms playable characters and Link,Samus and Meta Knight are also the proof of Mii Costumes don't deconfirms playable characters. So probably,Rayman can joins the roster.
Pretty sure he's been deconfirmed, sadly.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
The Recruit/The Looper (Fortnite)

The Recruits are the Default skins in Fortnite, Fortnite took the whole world by storm in 2018 and as such created a phenomenon of Battle Royale games, The Defaults are the most seen skins and most other skins are derived from these characters.

The Looper is the name of the player in Fortnite we could decide on what name to use later or something idk.

A Fortnite character could bring some unique playstyles that enhance the concepts brought up with characters like Steve and Snake. The Recruit would be able to use many different firearms and abilities and can also build structures that give them a competitive advantage.

But hey there are 3 major game modes in Fortnite and dozens of weapons and mechanics you could make a move set for the Recruits based on just about anything.

There are also dozens of defaults and over a thousand other skins you could use

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I will submit Rayman

View attachment 360938

Ratman is a deconfirmed mii costume. Since his deconfirmation, he hasn’t appeared on submissions. And yes, Mii costumes do confirm charqcters. Link, Samus, and Meta Knight are poor examples since they were already included in the game prior to their Mii costume being added.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Alright, with our lowest amount of submissions yet, here are our characters! Thank you for taking time to make these submissions.

I’ll resubmit Ezio

A character who’s been submitted a lot now and for good reason, Ezio is from one of the best selling game series not in smash yet and would bring in a pretty interesting new moveset and aesthetic to the game
Members of Leadership. League of Legends.

:
D E A T H

But in all seriousness…

Ahri here is one of the over 100 champions playable in the MOBA-turned multimedia franchise, League of Legends. Love or hate the game, you cannot deny that it has done so much for eSports and streaming as a whole.

Why Ahri?
Ahri here can be considered the face of League of Legends, as in, she’s one of the most popular characters in the franchise, with no shortage of costumes, a role in the band K/DA, and being chosen as one of the playable characters in the recently-released Ruined King: A League of Legends Story. All this, and the only character that can rival her in recent memory is Jinx.

And as mentioned before, LoL has done a lot for streaming as a whole, elevating Twitch to what it is today, and has even become one of the biggest eSports in the history of the industry. Furthermore, this game was what elevated the popularity of patches in the game, giving balance patches every 2 weeks and adding new characters per month.

How Would She Play?
Here’s the thing: in League of Legends, you start off at Level 1 alongside the rest of your team. But as you play a match of LoL, you begin to slowly grow through leveling up with Champion Experience, which is used for unlocking abilities and directly upgrading said abilities. Furthermore, leveling up also grants you a boost in statistics, such as defense, mana, attack power, and attack speed. In Smash, I imagine her gimmick to be the same way, except it’s only used to upgrade her abilities and bolster only her damage and frame data. And from the recently-released preview of Project L, Riot’s new League fighting game, we have more to work with in terms of what kind of moveset she would have.

But as for her playstyle? I imagine her being an extremely mobile zoner who hops around the stage and attacks from a distance. Like, imagine Zero Suit Samus but with Mega Man-style projectiles. You basically have Ahri. She has a boomerang projectile that heals her if you hit someone enough times, you have a projectile that can charm people and force them to harmlessly walk towards you, and you have an Up Special that is effectively Sora’s Sonic Blade that shoots fireballs at nearby foes. Furthermore, a Champion Experience gimmick could resonate with people who main Frank West in Marvel vs. Capcom, giving her a good snowball mechanic, to boot.

Ryu Hayabusa is one of the remaining iconic NES popular characters not in smash yet and we could have a few more Ninjas in smash. His company is in Infinite already so its best to have the guy in.
Bringing in Porky (Mother series)

Porky is one of the main villains of the mother series, enough for him to appear as a boss in Brawl. Yet I’m surprised that he is completely absent in Brawl. Anyways, Porky can sent out porky bombs and lasers, in addition to using the machine legs as weapons.

Porky was close to being in the base game, and would have won, if someone did not duplicate an account. Thanks to that, DJ Octavio got in. Perhaps this is Porky’s time to shine.

After all, we do need a new Mother rep, and a Mother villain would be great as well. That is why Porky should be playable in Infinite.
Once more.
2B (Nier)

2B Nier Automata.png

2B is the main character of Nier Automata, a spin off of the Drakengard series that has received critical acclaim for its story, themes, gameplay, music, and design. 2B was a popularly discussed character in Smash speculation throughout Ultimate's lifespan, which was even before her series was ever brought to a Nintendo system. Now that we have her game announced for the Switch, now is a perfect time to add her to Infinite. Her announcement for Smash would bring much excitement to the fanbase, around her gameplay and all the content she would bring with her in a challenger pack.
The Recruit/The Looper (Fortnite)

The Recruits are the Default skins in Fortnite, Fortnite took the whole world by storm in 2018 and as such created a phenomenon of Battle Royale games, The Defaults are the most seen skins and most other skins are derived from these characters.

The Looper is the name of the player in Fortnite we could decide on what name to use later or something idk.

A Fortnite character could bring some unique playstyles that enhance the concepts brought up with characters like Steve and Snake. The Recruit would be able to use many different firearms and abilities and can also build structures that give them a competitive advantage.

But hey there are 3 major game modes in Fortnite and dozens of weapons and mechanics you could make a move set for the Recruits based on just about anything.

There are also dozens of defaults and over a thousand other skins you could use
In list form:

Ezio (Assassin's Creed)
Ahri (League of Legends)
Porky (Mother)
Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)
2B (Neir: Automata)
Recruit (Fortnite)

To highlight on these submissions:

Ezio and Aassassin's Creed already has representation in Smash via Altair Mii Costumes and Spirits. Plus, we have yet to have an Unisoft character so perhaps now is the time to change that! The series has tons of potential to bring to Smash with tons of content like stages, music, spirits, and more. Ezio would also be unique as a stealth based fighter that could surpass what Greninja couldn't do.

Ahri and League of Legends has always been a front-runner contender as a character as early as the second pass and even in launch. Ahri enjoyed popularity during Ultimate's DLC run thanks due to fake leaks. LoL is a massively popular game and is representative of PC gaming. Not only that, Ahri is a magic user which is something we already have (a gunner, a swordfighter, and a bird who throws other birds).

Porky is a character who has long been hinted during Ultimate due to a lack of spirit. Bringing Porky back and in his spider mech would be a nice move to acknolwedge the Mother series. Why it's questionable if we need further Mother content than what we already have (given we have good representation in the form of music and Spirits); bringing Porky into playable form could help bring a more Nintendo focus into our third season.

Ryu Hayabusa and Ninja Gaiden are yet another front runner in terms of speculation due to long being rumored in Smash Ultimate's DLC. His addition in the roster could help bring back and validate his popularity back then to now. This also finally gives Koie-Tecmo a character slot. While we a sword fighter already, Ryu would be a cominiation of the sword fighter, magic user, and stealth fighter all in one.

Spyro is a character who, while a purpl dragon like Ridley, walks on all fours and has a more sunny disposition. Spyro is largely seen as a companion series to Cradh so it would only be fitting to have both in the game.

2B and Nier Automata was a highly successful game whose legacy is still relevant today with Neir getting a Switch port. 2B would bring her own brand of content with POD attacks that could REALLY make her unique and fun to play as but a killer soundtrack that has won mutliple awards.

Recruit and Fornite could be the right move due to Fortnite's massive popualrity and the fact we have a Fortnite spirit (strange huh) in Smash already. Now, Recruit would be massively different than to Doom Slayer due to his Steve-like mechanic of building as he goes. COnstructing things and mining stuff could make the character very customizable. Plus, a Forntite stage would be amaaaaazing.

Also, pleas ekeep in mind that Doom SLayer represents Green, Red represents Red, and Nightmare represents purple. We can play around with representative colors later but it's best to keep in mind.

CLICK HERE TO VOTE!!!

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
Alright, with our lowest amount of submissions yet, here are our characters! Thank you for taking time to make these submissions.

In list form:

Ezio (Assassin's Creed)
Ahri (League of Legends)
Porky (Mother)
Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)
2B (Neir: Automata)
Recruit (Fortnite)

To highlight on these submissions:

Ezio and Aassassin's Creed already has representation in Smash via Altair Mii Costumes and Spirits. Plus, we have yet to have an Unisoft character so perhaps now is the time to change that! The series has tons of potential to bring to Smash with tons of content like stages, music, spirits, and more. Ezio would also be unique as a stealth based fighter that could surpass what Greninja couldn't do.

Ahri and League of Legends has always been a front-runner contender as a character as early as the second pass and even in launch. Ahri enjoyed popularity during Ultimate's DLC run thanks due to fake leaks. LoL is a massively popular game and is representative of PC gaming. Not only that, Ahri is a magic user which is something we already have (a gunner, a swordfighter, and a bird who throws other birds).

Porky is a character who has long been hinted during Ultimate due to a lack of spirit. Bringing Porky back and in his spider mech would be a nice move to acknolwedge the Mother series. Why it's questionable if we need further Mother content than what we already have (given we have good representation in the form of music and Spirits); bringing Porky into playable form could help bring a more Nintendo focus into our third season.

Ryu Hayabusa and Ninja Gaiden are yet another front runner in terms of speculation due to long being rumored in Smash Ultimate's DLC. His addition in the roster could help bring back and validate his popularity back then to now. This also finally gives Koie-Tecmo a character slot. While we a sword fighter already, Ryu would be a cominiation of the sword fighter, magic user, and stealth fighter all in one.

2B and Nier Automata was a highly successful game whose legacy is still relevant today with Neir getting a Switch port. 2B would bring her own brand of content with POD attacks that could REALLY make her unique and fun to play as but a killer soundtrack that has won mutliple awards.

Recruit and Fornite could be the right move due to Fortnite's massive popualrity and the fact we have a Fortnite spirit (strange huh) in Smash already. Now, Recruit would be massively different than to Doom Slayer due to his Steve-like mechanic of building as he goes. COnstructing things and mining stuff could make the character very customizable. Plus, a Forntite stage would be amaaaaazing.

Also, pleas ekeep in mind that Doom SLayer represents Green, Red represents Red, and Nightmare represents purple. We can play around with representative colors later but it's best to keep in mind.

CLICK HERE TO VOTE!!!
Why didn't you mention Spyro?

Also, you can vote multiple times on this poll. You should restart so as not to let people cheat by piling in votes for characters.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here are the results! Thank you to everyone who both submitted and voted!

[/ISPOILER]
Name3 Points2 Points1 PointTotal
Ezio1 (3)4 (8)112
2B2 (6)5 (10)218
Ahri4 (12)2 (4)319
Hayabusa4 (12)4 (8)020
Porky Micnh01 (2)56
Spyro2 (6)1 (2)412
Recruit4 (12)03 15

Please check the spoiler box to see who won!!

Alright, I decided to run a run-off poll just because these results were very leveled across the board. This run-off poll will be between the following characters:

• Hayabusa
  • Ahri
  • 2B
I didn;t include Recruit cause, despite capturing 4 3 point votes he didn't do so well with the other 2 point and 1 point votes so I decided not to include Recruit in this based on that merit alone. That being said, the Recruit getting 4 points total is pretty telling how we view the character so that is something to keep in mind perhaps. Recruit also wasn't in the 3 point striking range and missed by just one point sadly enough.

I will be running a run-off poll and I am doing the poll in a different way than before.

This is how we will do voting. Instead of just picking one - three options; we are going based on how much we want these two characters. They are popular characters who often get submitted/voted so theres a eason why they are here. I felt changing the pol structure to fit with this to be more fitting.

So, you will vote for all of them but ONLY BASED on how much you want them. You want this character? Give that character a Most Rating. You feel meh. Give them a midrange. And if you don't want that character, please get them a Least.

HERE IS THE VOTING LINK

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
One minute I need to recount them. Give me a second.

Ok, we are good.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ahri definitely a soild pick and probably deserves this, I just have a slight preference for the other two

Ryu is probably taking it imo

Last edited by a moderator:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Yoohoo, been a hot minute.

I'm personally rooting for Hayabusa but I'd be cool with all three of these and they all make perfect sense here

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom