• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
It seems that we have the content we need for Rock. Thank you Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer for that. I would like to move to our next content which is, like what we did with Jin, adding additional content to the character.

Rock’s Additional Content
  • Entrance Animation (1)
  • Idle Poses (2)
  • Taunts (4)
  • Victory Screens (3)
  • Kirby Hat (1)
  • Boxing Ring Title (1)
  • Debut Splash Title (1)
  • Codecs (1)
  • Classic Mode Route (1)

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Victory Poses:
  • Rock tosses his jacket to the background in a similar way to Terry with his hat. This victory pose will always be used if the fight ends with a Shine Knuckle.
  • Rock's Hand starts to Flow with Blue ki while his eyes turns bright red, then he gets exhausted exclaiming "Chi ga...uzukuno ka!". This victory pose will always be used if the fights ends with Raging Storm or NEO Deadly Rave.
Including the pose submited by Air. All this poses comes from Rock's original game Garou Mark of the Wolves.

Victory Theme:
Kittaah!
the Super K.O. theme from Garou: Mark of the Wolves, like other victory themes is reproduced in a loop.

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
Three of Rock's taunts are taken from Garou: Mark of the Wolves, one normal and two hidden respectively, as shown in linked texts below (except a exclusion from his Right Taunt).
Idle Pose: Rock quickly fixes his hair by flicking it, based on his animation which plays each time he performs a heavy attack/special move. It can also be done while crouching.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Thank you for submitting content! I will work at getting them compiled into our front post.

The next thing we will submitting for are alternate colors for both

Jin Kazama and Rock Howard

Given that Terry doesn't have any alt costumes, Rock will also not have any costumes; just colors. Jin, on the otherhand, will have an alternate costume in the form of his most recent iteration in T7, Hooded Jin.

Rock Howard default color slot is Red while Jin's is Orange (the flame on his pants) but his Hooded costume takes up a Black Spot. Please provide a color swamp for Rock Howard and/or a color swap for either regualr Jin or Hooded Jin. Jin has an alt costume set up much his father, Kazuya. When submitting Jin's colors, please indiciate what costume the swap is for.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Jin:
1663081751939.png

Kazuya (White, T3)

Jin gets an alternate costume for his default appearance where his pants turn white with purple flames, based on his father.

Rock:
1663081939263.png

Blue
Based on one of Rock's alternate colors from Garou: Mark of the Wolves. Rock gains a blue and black jacket, blue eyes and lighter-blonde hair.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Thank you all for your submissions!

I will continue to allow submissions for alternate costumes for both Kazuya and Rock. We will be moving onto our next job which is....

Please submit a Spirit Event based the theme "It's a Small World After All"

This Spirit Event is once again taking launch Spirits that are based on various aspects of real-world culture and including them within this SPirit Event. As per usual, here are the list of spirits. We are looking for Spirits who have a solid connection to real-world locations such as countries and citities. For example, Cammy who is from the UK, Bear Hugger is from Canada, Saki Amamiya is based on destroyed Japan, and so on.

SmashSpace: Beverage it Up!

Please create beverage-based content for our SmashSpace. This could bee coffee cup seats that steam with heat, glass bottle lampshades, or more. Please no prodyct placement. Only general submissions.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Spirit Event:
1) Fahkumram (Tekken) (Hails from Thailand)
2) Krizalid (The King of Fighters) (Hails from Ireland)
3) Great Tiger (Punch-Out!!) (Hails from India)

SmashScape Drinks:
1663173542017.png

Donperi Tower:
A popular item to be ordered in host clubs in Japan, the Donperi Tower is a massive structure whereupon interacting will cause a drink of a random color to be poured into the topmost glass, going down until it reaches the base. The colors are bright so as to disillusion people from thinking that it's alcohol being used. Besides, I'm unsure of how many people know what Donperi is either.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Thank you all for your submissions!

I will continue to allow submissions for alternate costumes for both Kazuya and Rock. We will be moving onto our next job which is....

Please submit a Spirit Event based the theme "It's a Small World After All"

This Spirit Event is once again taking launch Spirits that are based on various aspects of real-world culture and including them within this SPirit Event. As per usual, here are the list of spirits. We are looking for Spirits who have a solid connection to real-world locations such as countries and citities. For example, Cammy who is from the UK, Bear Hugger is from Canada, Saki Amamiya is based on destroyed Japan, and so on.

SmashSpace: Beverage it Up!

Please create beverage-based content for our SmashSpace. This could bee coffee cup seats that steam with heat, glass bottle lampshades, or more. Please no prodyct placement. Only general submissions.
It's a Small World, After All, It's a Small World, After All, It's A Small World, After All, It's a Small, Small, World

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Thank you everyone for submitting content! I feel we have had enough content within our DLC lineup to justify entering into our third to final Newcomer submission! This means that there are 2 more character but also includes two sets of Echo fighters as well so please keep this in mind! This is how we will do that. This doesn't take into account

• Next: Newcomer #4
  • After that: Echo Set: 2
  • Next: Newcomer #5
  • After that: Echo Set 3
  • Final: Character #6
So, what will we be basing our submissions off of? Well, first, we will be doing a brainstorming session....

Infinite-thread Fan Favorite

There were MANY characters submitted during Infinite's lifetime and some of them were selected to appear in the graetest battle in history. Many more were rejected though but these characters all have vlaue. We will be brainstorming characters that either 1) constantly appear as characters in our submissions or 2) did well in voting though not submitted as much. These are our threads "fan favorites" as they were either deemed approrpirate to include in Smash in some context or held at such an asteemed that they warranted considered inclusion - especially if they were voted highly.

Here are some potential picks:

• Nahobino
  • Ring Fit Adventurer
  • Edelgard
  • Ryu Hayabusa
  • Ahri
  • 2B

If you feel there was another character that either:
  • Gets submitted often but never voted it
  • Did very well in the voting periods once or twice (2nd to 3rd place finishers)

If there is a character not included in the list above; please by all means bring that character up. Again, we aren't submitting yet. We are just pooling which characters fit this definition.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
How much was Fortnite submitted? I recently bit the bullet and gave the game a try, but wasn't sure if it was eligible.

Character submission:
Ryu Hayabusa ( Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom )
1663258667108.png

Who is the Ryu Hayabusa?
Ryu Hayabusa is main protagonist of Ninja Gaiden series made by Tecmo back in 1988 on Arcades and NES console. He is a japanese ninja with dragon attributes, who wields an ancestral weapon called the Dragon Sword, which is actually an katana with dragon's power. He is also a leader of his "Hayabusa" clan as it was shown in games.
As it was shown in games, he travels from Japan to other countries like USA to prevent evil from attacking the world.
He is one of iconic video game ninjas that were praised by video game critics and he is considered as one of most iconic Koei Tecmo characters and even one of late 80's video game icons that are still known to today's times.

How he can fight?
Well, Ryu is not a stranger for fighting, since he can fight opponents by using his ancient sword or even use attacks from Dead or Alive series (Fun Fact: Did you know that DoA and Ninja Gaiden take place in the same universe?).
He would use moves from Ninja Gaiden games (Including the rebooted ones) as his attacks like sword slash as his jab attack or shuriken throw as neutral special. He would have a gimmick based on Dragon Arts, which are activated like in his home games where he unleashes his strong attacks to KO opponents (One of his dragon arts are summoning the flame pillars from the ground)

He would also have interesting final smash examples like it would turn into dragon form and wreck havoc across the battlefield.

He would be middleweight rushdown fighter with very fast speed and he could wall jump or wall cling like a real ninja!
Speaking of Ryu Hayabuse, his design would be based on modern incarnation and his alternate model would be taken from early NES games like Ninja Gaiden (1988).

Why Ryu as fighter?
You may ask why I chose him as 3rd Party fighter for this job? Well, because he is a very important 3rd party character to Nintendo history and he appeared on Nintendo consoles back in late 80's and early 90's (And he is still appearing on Nintendo consoles!) and he is considered as "Honorable Nintendo character".
He is also one of most requested 3rd party characters for Smash, which people really want him in Smash.
Keep in mind that he is also a retro character, which it would be cool if we had an 80's fighter in our Season 2 DLC, since we haven't got one in DLC.
Also I wanna tell that Koei Tecmo company needs to be represented as fighter in Smash Infinite, which is definitely Ryu Hayabusa!

At the end of submission, I have a song about ninjas to listen to:
Have fun!

EDIT: I realized that it's not submission period, so I'm leaving this submission for later time.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
How much was Fortnite submitted? I recently bit the bullet and gave the game a try, but wasn't sure if it was eligible.
If there are a few characters that are in the gray zone, we can always do a qualifying vote to see.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
There are quite a bit of choices that are popular

Spyro is one of them.

I submitted an occasional few, but several like Midna, Lugia and Dragapult are sadly not getting in. Same with Knuckles. Which is a shame, cause they are great choices.

Dark Bowser is my main echo choice, but were not doing that now, so he is out.

Krystal would be another choice, but for the same reasons as above, it won’t happen.

My best bet is Porky, since we need a new mother rep and he was very close to winning, if it were not for a double account. Definitely going for Porky.

Justoneguyhere1999

Smash Journeyman
At this point, we need Ahri lol.

Fortnite can be great but we just done Doomslayer. Sure, Fornite is third-shooter but I think there should be a variety near the end.

EDIT: And there is also always Ryu Hayabusa. This may be his best chance of getting in.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Do you think creating a list to submit from of characters that we compile is the better route to ensure the characters meet the requirements. Or perhaps just having people submit and then we vote which ones best fits the requirements?

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So far we have the following:

• Ryu Hayabusa
  • Ahri
  • Spyro

I would be more than willing to have us vote to see if Jonesey/Recruit as well as Porky could be included in this lineup.

Clippy doesn't count as it was only majorly supported/recieved by a single person. Support has been below moderate at best.

I feel that 2B (not bias here) and Ring Fit Adventurer are good additions in here. They both get submitted often with RFA getting submitted even at the start of the thread but never got victory,

How do people feel about Nahobino, Edelgard, Tom Nook, and The Amazon? The former has done well in terms of of votes while Tom Nook and the rest have been submitted more than a couple of times.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom