• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
I am ready and willing to admit that Ahri would probably have a cooler moveset than Lara, but it's Lara Croft! Too timelessly cool to ignore.

Very important question, if Ahri gets in can we get K/DA as stage music?
There's some legal mumbo jumbo around K/DA songs so probably not

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Well, this is just an imaginary game, Ms. Pac-Man also had tons of legal problems irl and not to mention our Obama and Kermit the Frog commercial lol.
Speaking of which, should we run a poll on whether or not we should update Pac-Land so that Pac-Mom appears in the background instead of Ms. Pac-Man if Ms. Pac-Man is on the stage?

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Well, enough time has passed. We accumulated 19 total votes and, to say the least, this was quite the voting period!

NameTotal
Ahri9
Lara10

Click below to see the results
Lara Croft Joins Infinite!

Lara Croft narrowly managed to score a win which was given near the end of the voting period! This was pretty much neck to neck and tied for most of the voting duration! I feel Lara's iconic and treasured gaming history helped her cinch victory. That being said, Ahri did very well for herself so I do hope we consider her as a potential inclusion in the future!

We will be conducting jobs relating to this franchise including movesets, stages, additional content, music, spirits, and Mii Costumes shortly.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
In my head cannon, many of our top contenders who didn’t get victory would appear on a hypothetical “cut content/planned content” SSBwiki page.
"Holy ****, they were gonna put TEKKEN BOB in this game?"

"I think we dodged a bullet with the Bubsy spirit, guys."

"Jesus, they wanted a lot of games about teen suicide in this."

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Question: How will Lara differ from Jill?
No focus on an Inventory system, for one. Jill and Leon have the movesets they do because in Resident Evil, managing inventory is one of your most important mechanics. AFAIK, Tomb Raider isn't about that. A majority of Tomb Raider's gameplay, from what I'm finding, comes from evading obstacles and attacking from a good distance with her twin pistols. Lemme put it this way: if Jill and Leon are Zelda, than Lara would be Sheik.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
In my head cannon, many of our top contenders who didn’t get victory would appear on a hypothetical “cut content/planned content” SSBwiki page.
I do believe ARMS and Xenoblade 2 characters appeared in Ultimate's cut content/planned content page prior to Min-Min and Pyra/Mythra being announced as DLC, so I guess the hope of Ahri fans and the fans of any other character in that page would be to end up like the those examples that got second chances.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
Question: How will Lara differ from Jill?
In addition to the above, Tomb Raider has a lot of mystical thematic elements that Lara can incorporate. The artifacts she steals tend to have curses or magical effects to them, like Excalibur, the sword wielded by King Arthur, and Mjolnir, which can only be wielded of you have the belt and gauntlets of Thor on your person. I imagine she'd be more acrobatic than the Resi fighters, as well as focus on using those artifacts to position herself better.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Lara Croft Gameplay Submission & Discussion

Alright, so we will be moving onto working on Lara's character creation. I feel based on the above answers, Lara is a more straight forward character compared to Ratchet and Sol. That being said, I still want us to have a gameplay submission period.. This includes adding her stats and any particular gameplay mehcanics that might set her apart from the rest of the cast. She does have the ability to run and gun so perhaps she has something similar to Mega Man? This is where we discuss and submit these sort of things.

Here are some things I pulled from the internet..

Link

Videos

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Okay, so Lara would definitely have a run-and-gun mechanic like Mega Man, but she'd also be a lot more mobile, being on par with the likes of ZSS. Her playstyle, I imagine, would be an adaptable rushdown character whose game plan is to deal damage from a distance before closing in up-close. Her longer-range moves would be weaker but quicker and more spammable while her melee is slower but stronger. Additionally, I can see Lara being able to use her guns while dodging to simulate her more acrobatic jump-and-shoot gameplay.

warpenguin55

Smash Journeyman
Both Ahri and Lara are among my top 5 most wanted characters, so either way I was going to be happy with the winner.;

I think she should absolutely have a tether recovery with the grappling hook. Not sure if that should be a grab or Up special, but she really should have one.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Lara Croft Moveset Submissions

Alright, based on what I’m seeing here, Lara would have a run and gun type gameplay with the ability to walk, run, jump, directional jump, and crouch. This causes for her Jab, Forward Tilt, Down Tilt, Nrutral Air, Forward Air, snd Back Air to bring user up for this run and gun type style. If you have any issues with this, please voice them.

Lara will also have a tether ability, can crawl, and has a wall jump.

When submitting moves, please provide a clear description of these moves with their source material as well. Please try to order them to make it easier to go through the moves.

Jab: Lara does a punch, cross hook and kick combo. As multi-jab, she could do cross hooks.
(Punch: 5.2%, cross hook: 7% and kick: 6.5%)

Side Tilt: Knife stab - Lara Croft uses her knife and stabs the opponent with it. She can walk while stabbing. The knife comes from TR: The Last revolution. The move can be spammable.
(Damage: 7%)

Side Smash: Shotgun - Lara pulls out her Shotgun from first game and she shoots straight at opponent. The Smash attack can be aimable like other Side smashes and it deals huge damage when close and weaker damage when far.
(Close: 12%, far: 4% per shot)

Neutral Special: Twin Pistols - Lara Croftuses her twin pistols as her Neutral B. First she shoots one bullet, later second one and at the end both bullets (Double damage).
It acts like Joker's Neutral B, but with 2 guns.
(5% per bullet)

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Jab: Lara does a punch, cross hook and kick combo. As multi-jab, she could do cross hooks.
(Punch: 5.2%, cross hook: 7% and kick: 6.5%)

Side Tilt: Knife stab - Lara Croft uses her knife and stabs the opponent with it. She can walk while stabbing. The knife comes from TR: The Last revolution. The move can be spammable.
(Damage: 7%)

Side Smash: Shotgun - Lara pulls out her Shotgun from first game and she shoots straight at opponent. The Smash attack can be aimable like other Side smashes and it deals huge damage when close and weaker damage when far.
(Close: 12%, far: 4% per shot)

Neutral Special: Twin Pistols - Lara Croftuses her twin pistols as her Neutral B. First she shoots one bullet, later second one and at the end both bullets (Double damage).
It acts like Joker's Neutral B, but with 2 guns.
(5% per bullet)
“This causes for her Jab, Forward Tilt, Down Tilt, Nrutral Air, Forward Air, snd Back Air to bring user up for this run and gun type style”

That being said, I’m willing to negotiate that perhaps we could include this while also making her neutral attacks be physical ones when Lara is close to the opponent with her gun attacks being far away.

Last edited:
“This causes for her Jab, Forward Tilt, Down Tilt, Nrutral Air, Forward Air, snd Back Air to bring user up for this run and gun type style”

That being said, I’m willing to negotiate that perhaps we could include this while also making her neutral attacks be physical ones when Lara is close to the opponent with her gun attacks being far away.
Okay, good idea. Lara can fight close with physical attacks and fight far with her guns.

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
If we truly consider Venus' idea on distance-based normal attacks and Lara's signature dual pistols may end up being her far-away weapon for those, I probably would suggest a different Neutral Special there. And give the Survivor trilogy some recognition besides that climbing axe, which may be included as a two-part sideways slash attack (Side Tilt) like in the reboot, unlike Angel of Darkness' melee combo and maybe Legend's slide kick.

Neutral Special - Competition Bow

Lara will stand up as she brings out her bow, which she used in the 2013 game and Rise of the Tomb Raider, and pulls back it's string by holding the button. When released, she will shoot an arrow forward that flies a medium distance. Similarly to Sora's Neutral Special, Lara will shoot one of the five different arrows through a rotation every time she uses the special move. This is signified with a white icon next to Lara in her damage percentage.
  • Standard (a triangle) - Works same as Link's. The longer the player holds a special button, an arrow will deal more damage and fly a bit faster.
  • Fire (a flame) - When an arrow hits the opponent, it will set them on fire and makes them flinch, but fires slightly slower than a regular/standard arrow. If it hits a ground, it will leave a flame trial on the ground for a few seconds.
  • Poison (a skull) - When an arrow hits the ground or a wall, it will release out a small green cloud of mist that slowly deals minor damage to opponents before disappearing.
  • Explosive (a explosion cloud) - When an arrow hits anything (like either an opponent, a wall or ground) on-contact, it will detonate and cause a strong-damaging explosion with bigger radius, though it covers less distance than normally.
  • Penetrating (a red cross) - Deals less damage compared to other arrows, but fires much faster and can hit through multiple opponents on it's path.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Side Special - Excalibur:
1653235670959.png

Taking out the Sword of King Arthur, Lara winds up in a stance similar to Mythra's Lightning Buster, the blade building up with bright green energy. After a maximum of 4 seconds of charge, Lara unleashes a large bolt of green power that travels across the stage and deals 10%-22% damage based on charge, killing anyone at 110%-50% from the center of the stage.

Regardless of charge, there's also a hitbox at the start that deals an additional 10% damage and enough knockback to kill at 82%. The range of the sword is on par with Ragnell, and the energy blast is about as far-reaching as Byleth's fully-charged Failnaught. In turn, however, using Excalibur requires a lot of upper-body strength, so she may need a moment to cool down after use.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
Forward Smash: Might of Mjolnir - Lara equips the gauntlets and belt of Thor, and winds up an attack with his hammer, Mjolnir, starting from behind her in an overhead attack, smashing it into the ground like a sledgehammer. Her slowest move, but just as powerful as Byleth's down special. As a bonus visual effect, it creates cracks in the ground that fade after the attack is finished.

Up Smash: Exalted Excalibur - Lara performs an upward slash with Excalibur, similar to Link's up Smash, though it can only swing once.

Down Smash - Ora Dagger Storm - Lara slashes the ground on both sides of her with the Ora Dagger. Fighters hit by it take electrical damage and are subjected to stun, which lasts longer based on how much the attack was charged.

Down Special: Philosopher's Stone - Lara holds the Philosopher's Stone in her hands as long as the button is held down, changing her bullets to gold bullets at a rate of 1 bullet per gun for each 0.5 seconds. Gold Bullets deal an additional 2% damage and cause fighters to flinch when used, though they fire slightly slower. Lara will automatically use gold bullets as her primary ammo until they're gone, and she can hold up to 12 at a time, as indicated by a bullet gauge above her fighter portrait.

Final Smash: Sealing Ritual - Lara kicks forward quickly. If she hits an opponent, they'll fly backward, dragging up to two other foes with them, before landing in a sarcophagus. Lara then uses the Amulet of Horus to seal the Sarcophagus shut, where it explodes, KO'ing fighters over 100% damage.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'd go Classic. I have no problems with the modern trilogy but they're a little more serious.

Anniversary era is where I'd probably pull from.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
One of the videos said that the Legends-era is the most iconic design. I say we go for that.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
It's probably also important to determine which version of Lara will be the base of her character in this game since there's like three of em
Sounds like a job for the polls to determine, either a thread poll on Smashboards or a Google Forms poll.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom