• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Lloyd and Sol play veeeeeery differently from each other. So there’s that.
Yes I known, so is Ratchet and the rest of the characters here (well maybe The Recruit would play sort similar, I don't known too much of Fortnite but I think some weapons would be similar). But even then I can understand the negative against a new gunslinger since it would also share the western trait.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Alright, the time has come and so have I impressive isn't a Devil May Cry submission

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IN THE FIRST AGE, IN THE FIRST BATTLE, WHEN THE SHADOWS FIRST LENGTHENED, ONE STOOD....
BURNED BY THE EMBERS OF ARMAGEDDON, HIS SOUL BLISTED BY THE FIRES OF HELL AND TAINTED BEYOND ASCENSION, HE CLOSE THE PATH OF PERPETUAL TORNMENT.
IN HIS RAVENOUS HATRED HE FOUND NO PEACE, AND WITH BOILING BLOOD HE SCOURED THE UMBRAL PAINS SEEKING VENGEANCE AGAINST THE DARK LORDS WHO HAD WRONG HIM.
HE WORE THE CROWN OF THE NIGHT SENTINELS AND THOSE THAT TASTED THE BITE OF HIS SWORD NAMED HIM....

THE DOOM SLAYER

WHAT IS DOOM?
First released in 1993 on the MS-DOS, DOOM quickly became a landmark title and helped pioneer the FPS genre. With its direct sequel the following year, DOOM II: Hell on Earth, building upon the original, the former Nintendo 64 exclusive DOOM 64 in 1997, the alternative take on the franchise in 2004, DOOM 3, and the recent reboots of DOOM in 2016 and DOOM Eternal in 2020, the series has been far from lacking.

DOOM history with Nintendo isn't lacking either, the first two games have ports for Super Nintendo, Game Boy Advance (both of these with censorship tho) and more recently Nintendo Switch alongside all the other games of the series. The franchise even had his own exclusive game for the Nintendo 64 with DOOM 64 that it wasn't until a few years ago that appeared in another console that doesn't belong to Nintendo. The ports of DOOM 2016 and Eternal are also well knowed for how well they run for be in an "inferior" device in comparison to Playstation, Xbox or PC.
WHY THE DOOM SLAYER?
WHY NOT?, seriously, the father of what we known has the modern FPS's, the genre doesn't have a proper representation in the game and it's the most likely option of all the posibilites (maybe just tying with the Master Chief and Gordon Freeman). The Doom Slayer was one of the most popular choices for newcomers from the West, and it's a very recognizable character not just in the Nintendo fanbase but in the videogame community in general. He would also bring an interesing playstyle being sort of a heavy all-rounder character with strengths in far and close distance apart of a breath of fresh air in terms of visuals changing from the cartoonish Ratche & Clank and the anime-esque Lloyd and Sol.

Also come on, this character like Sol is one of those that a lot of people just want it for the bangers he could bring to the game both from the classic and modern games. Here are some of my favorites has examples:
Heck, if we allow the shared universe with Wolfenstein apart of the obvious Blazkowicz Mii Costume we can have the perfect music to kick Nazi's Asses! I would love to have songs like House of the Rising Sun, Terror Billy and Right Trigger Warning here too!

HOW WOULD THE DOOM SLAYER BE?
Has I said before, the Doom Slayer would be considered a character that excels in both far and close combat having various projectiles and huge strenght in terms of normals. Has drawbacks he is heavy, something that it's good for tank damage but it also leaves him pretty susceptible to combos. He will also have the same problem of Kazuya with his very low jumps, requiring him to use his second jump to reach the Battlefield platform.

In terms of special moves one of the most used mechanics when someone tries to make a moveset for the Slayer is the Weapon Whee-

BUT THE WEAPON WHEEL MECHANIC ISN'T ALLOWED!
And you are right!, but, why he should need it?, I mean, I would like to have the mechanic but isn't like if he can't work with that. You can assign some normal/aerial/smash moves to some of his weapons and use the main ones for special moves. In fact, he can just don't have any special gimmick, if he needs to have one, maybe he could have access to stronger weapons via ammo that can be obtained attacking, but that would be too forced so I think having the Slayer gimmick-less is fine.

Just for bring examples, have the Crucible, the Chainsaw and the Super Shotgun has Smash Attacks, the Plasma Rifle, the Equipment Launcher, the Rocket Launcher and the Meathook has specials. And of course, the BFG-9000 has a Final Smash, or heck, BE MORE CRAZY, USE THE BFG-10000 AND SHOOT A HOLE IN THE SURFACE OF MARS!

BUT DOOM IS SO GOREY AND IS THE ESSENCE OF THE GAME!
Maybe it's true that the DOOM series is violent, but that doesn't mean that the essence of the game. Has someone who plays DOOM and talked with other people who play DOOM most of them and I agree that the most important thing in DOOM is the action (not necessary blood and gore). Even if we talk about guns, his weapons in modern games have a more sci-fi aesthetic with more or less the exception of the Super Shotgun (that even then, I don't think a shotgun with a grappling hook it's too realistic).

In short...
  • The Doom Slayer is an icon of the FPS and of the gaming industry in general.
  • He could bring a fun playstyle with the use of his variety of weapons and close combat attacks.
  • He doesn't need the Weapon Wheel mechanic to work.
  • DOOM has a long history and relationship with Nintendo (and so Microsoft too).
  • The gore isn't a problem since the Slayer doesn't need to have blood to be well represented.
RIP AND TEAR UNTIL IT'S DONE
Yeeeeeaaaaaaaa~

Last edited:

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Omori counts has a western right?, since the creator is japanese-american if I remind correctly so I don't known if counts
Wait really? I thought the Omori dev had remained anonymous this whole time.

Either way if that's true, that still counts as western. I'm assuming you're referring to a citizen of the USA with Japanese ethnicity? That tends to just count for the states when you're referring to the origin of something.

NanayaGaming

Smash Journeyman
Wait really? I thought the Omori dev had remained anonymous this whole time.

Either way if that's true, that still counts as western. I'm assuming you're referring to a citizen of the USA with Japanese ethnicity? That tends to just count for the states when you're referring to the origin of something.
Yes, she also have an online shop!, and yeah just that, I don't live in USA (I don't even talk english has a first language) so I don't known too much about that, I tried to search if she includes the place where their offices are but I don't find anything.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Yes, she also have an online shop!, and yeah just that, I don't live in USA (I don't even talk english has a first language) so I don't known too much about that, I tried to search if she includes the place where their offices are but I don't find anything.

I also didnt know the Omori creator was a she

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, my pick is a little bit out-of-left-field like my last submission. I was going to resubmit Octane but I wanted to do something new, time to make a splash. (literally)...

Freddi Fish Solves the Mystery!

3-35313_freddi-fish-freddi-fish-2-the-haunted-schoolhouse.png

Ok...I know what you are thinking but hear me out. We do not have any representation for the genres of edutainment and point-and-click video games that much in Infinite. Why not have both genres covered by Freddi Fish? Here is a list of why I feel Freddi Fish is a good candidate for DLC and for another Western rep.

• Freddi Fish is a female and we do not have any female characters yet in the second Smash season yet.
  • She is a fish and we do not have many aquatic based or even fish fighters on the roster. Plus, we would complete the house pet trio if Freddi joins. We have dogs, a cat and if Freddi joins, we get a fish.
  • She will be identified with the color yellow or gold given she is a goldfish. Neither of those colors are identified yet in the season.
  • She could have a fun moveset with a point-and-click gimmick and even include Luther in some attacks based on the Humongous Entertainment games.
  • The Humongous Entertainment games have recently came on the Switch so Freddi Fish has a more recent relationship with Nintendo. Therefore, this would be an excellent promotional pick to promote the Humongous Entertainment catalog in the eShop.
  • The DLC pack itself would be a perfect opportunity to pull another SNK and allow for content from other Humongous Entertainment games in Freddi's pack such as from Putt Putt, Pyjama Sam, Spyfox, etc.
  • This would be a super out-of-left-field pick which will add to the surprise as well as nostalgia of the older gamers. Imagine Hungrybox or Maxmillian Dood watching the live reveal of Freddi Fish just to be shocked...
Overall, I know my pick is not going to be the top choice but definitely one to consider given the recent addition of Humongous Entertainment's games on the Switch, the lack of an edutainment/point-and-click game rep and a fighter with unique moveset potential. Freddi Fish is a good catch (no fishing pun intended).

Last edited:

NanayaGaming

Smash Journeyman
After asking to some friends they all agree that Omori is a western game, so I will submit SUNNY!
Sunny is the protagonist of Omori, an indie RPG that everyone should play! (unless you can't take some particular things like suicide or depression tho....).

Why adding him?, Because I like it, that's all you need to known./s

Omori is one of the most recent popular indie games, it would be released soon in Switch so it would be cool to have him has a way to promote the game!

Also the music is godlike.

And he will represent by white so, there are no problems with the rest of colors!

Maybe the only thing I worry about this is that there is no way you can do a proper pack for Omori without spoilers, I don't known if that would be a problem....

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
Two characters from games with major themes of depression/suicide, both of which are indie, and a character that can't even walk. Boy, we really are scraping the bottom of the barrel this time, huh?

Ahri, Slayer, Shepard, Spyro, and Lara are the best we got right now

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Two characters from games with major themes of depression/suicide, both of which are indie, and a character that can't even walk. Boy, we really are scraping the bottom of the barrel this time, huh?

Ahri, Slayer, Shepard, and Lara are the best we got right now
Honestly I don't feel that the best way to judge the characters are for their games, I mean sure we will try to represent them in a good way, but the most important thing is the characters and if it's interesing enough, I find both Monika and Sunny very legit choices for characters. (If there are no more submissions I will go for both of them and the Slayer in the votations)

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Penguin (Club Penguin)
The Penguin is the player avatar of the 2005 MMORPG that took the world by storm, Club Penguin. Created by New Horizon Games , this online vaudeville show of a videogame allowed users to create and play as a Penguin and venture on an iceberg full of fun activities like playing minigames, going into various shops, socializing with other members, buying and taking care of a pet, venturing on sidequests, and decorating an igloo of your own. It gained 30 million members by 2007, which is likely what led to the game being purchased by Disney. After this purchase, the game boasted 300 MILLION members by 2013, likely thanks to Disney's constant support of the game. From temporary seasonal additions to a ton of really good marketing, the big D pushed this game hard. It even got three Nintendo titles: two DS ones based on the Elite Penguin Force sub-series, and a Wii one being a minigame collection.

TL;DR Club Penguin is a huge game series that Disney bought, has been on Nintendo hardware before.

Years after Disney's shutdown of Club Penguin in 2017 (and it's successor, Club Penguin Island, in 2018), the series recieves barely any acknowledgement from the company who owns it. That's pretty unfortunate, but it did not diminish the love that Club Penguin fans, young and old, had for the game. By 2017, the series had been around long enough to garner some serious nostalgia, leading to the dedicated fan projects you see today. (Of course, not all of those have gone down so well for one reason or another, but that's beside the point. Club Penguin's legacy waddles on.

Not only that, but Penguin would sell. Young adults who grew up with the MMORPG would be dying as the chance to see a favorite childhood game rise from the dead, and the generation before them who were always desperately curious about this mysteroius game of their older peers but never got to experience it could somewhat do so within the realm of Smash. It won't sell consoles like Steve probably did, but the Penguin would definitely boost sales of the game. And this isn't the first time Disney let Nintendo put a character they didn't care about anymore in Smash (:ultsora:), so no need to worry too much about bargaining for the character and all that.

So, I've proven why the Penguin has an argument to be selected for paid Infinite DLC. But how would they hold up as a fighter? Well, there's a lot you could pull from - the character archetype itself, the minigames of Club Penguin, the Elite Penguin Force spinoffs, certain things that are integral to Club Penguin culture like jackhammers and Puffles, all that good stuff.
So uh yeah, not really a whole lot more to say. I know the Penguin will stand out as the black sheep in this crowd but I was honestly kind of hoping for that. This was very fun to write and I hope you consider the Penguin for your vote due to high popularity, high potential of sales, unique moveset potential, and cool factor.
Oh yeah, and to cover the bases of Venus' rules real quick, just in case the Penguin submission is questioned for any of them:

Not PlayStation
Not a swordie or gunnie
Can come in all different colors
Can be female (though I'd prefer if Penguin's gender wasn't explicitly stated rather than having male and female alts)
See above for reasoning
Nintendo console, check, very popular, double check

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Penguin (Club Penguin)
The Penguin is the player avatar of the 2005 MMORPG that took the world by storm, Club Penguin. Created by New Horizon Games , this online vaudeville show of a videogame allowed users to create and play as a Penguin and venture on an iceberg full of fun activities like playing minigames, going into various shops, socializing with other members, buying and taking care of a pet, venturing on sidequests, and decorating an igloo of your own. It gained 30 million members by 2007, which is likely what led to the game being purchased by Disney. After this purchase, the game boasted 300 MILLION members by 2013, likely thanks to Disney's constant support of the game. From temporary seasonal additions to a ton of really good marketing, the big D pushed this game hard. It even got three Nintendo titles: two DS ones based on the Elite Penguin Force sub-series, and a Wii one being a minigame collection.

TL;DR Club Penguin is a huge game series that Disney bought, has been on Nintendo hardware before.

Years after Disney's shutdown of Club Penguin in 2017 (and it's successor, Club Penguin Island, in 2018), the series recieves barely any acknowledgement from the company who owns it. That's pretty unfortunate, but it did not diminish the love that Club Penguin fans, young and old, had for the game. By 2017, the series had been around long enough to garner some serious nostalgia, leading to the dedicated fan projects you see today. (Of course, not all of those have gone down so well for one reason or another, but that's beside the point. Club Penguin's legacy waddles on.

Not only that, but Penguin would sell. Young adults who grew up with the MMORPG would be dying as the chance to see a favorite childhood game rise from the dead, and the generation before them who were always desperately curious about this mysteroius game of their older peers but never got to experience it could somewhat do so within the realm of Smash. It won't sell consoles like Steve probably did, but the Penguin would definitely boost sales of the game. And this isn't the first time Disney let Nintendo put a character they didn't care about anymore in Smash (:ultsora:), so no need to worry too much about bargaining for the character and all that.

So, I've proven why the Penguin has an argument to be selected for paid Infinite DLC. But how would they hold up as a fighter? Well, there's a lot you could pull from - the character archetype itself, the minigames of Club Penguin, the Elite Penguin Force spinoffs, certain things that are integral to Club Penguin culture like jackhammers and Puffles, all that good stuff.
So uh yeah, not really a whole lot more to say. I know the Penguin will stand out as the black sheep in this crowd but I was honestly kind of hoping for that. This was very fun to write and I hope you consider the Penguin for your vote due to high popularity, high potential of sales, unique moveset potential, and cool factor.
Oh yeah, and to cover the bases of Venus' rules real quick, just in case the Penguin submission is questioned for any of them:

Not PlayStation
Not a swordie or gunnie
Can come in all different colors
Can be female (though I'd prefer if Penguin's gender wasn't explicitly stated rather than having male and female alts)
See above for reasoning
Nintendo console, check, very popular, double check
Okay, real talk, Club Penguin is slowly becoming one of my "never ever" wants for Smash: the only thing going for it is the fact Disney let Sora in Smash, but MAN... my childhood...

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I too am a bit concerned over some of the submissions but I also understand that shooters are really what western games are known for...which kind of shows the state that our current reality is in.

Anyways, I don't like resubmitting content but...

1653043597055.png

Ezio Auditore de Firenze

While not the original assassin, this could serve as our tie in like the Kazuya over Heihachi or Min-min over Spring Man type thing for Infinite. Ezio hails from Assassin's Creed from Ubisoft and is one of the flagship series of the Assassins Creed games. Not only did this game spawn numerous games but it brought forth comics, books, novels, and even a tv show. It is a huge series to say the least and for a game that strives to include important franchises from across the gaming universe, Assassin's Creed is one of glaring omission. With Altair obviously stuck being a Mii Costume, Ezio is honestly the next best choice best regardless. Ezio remains one of the more popular Assassins within the series and one that everyone sort of looks to for being "the Assassin". Not only that but AC2 and Brotherhood sold very well.

Ezio could have a moveset that incorporates his assassin based moveset with using his twin hidden blades, crossbows, grenades, and melee-oriented attacks with moves that could be a bit of a nod to Snake. Grapple moves that seek to immobilize opponents rather than outright launch them. He could be a glass-cannon character with hard hitting attacks that takes patience and time to set up but the end result is extremely satisfying. Or, make a mistake, and it's lights out for this assassin. Thus its a high-risk-high-reward type playstyle.

In terms of content, the series has a wide range of music to choose from, could lend itself to having a Masterpiece, Master Spirit, or a Smash Dungeon. The stage would be quiet interesting in that it would be based on a real location; something Smash doesn't do very often if not at all. This would obviously be Rome or one of it's locations.

Mii Costumes could also get the Ubisoft treatment with Rabbids returning along with a potential Rayman second costume, Far Cry, Splinter Cell, or even Brawlhalla. Likewise, we could include Mii Costumes that sort of fall within this general category along with Ezio with Mii Costumes composed of Joanna Dark, Dante, Corvo from Dishonored, or more.

I was going to do the Sims and I feel the character would be really fun but they would be super gimmicky. We have three characters who both have various gimmicks and mechanics so I felt that including Ezio would be a nice balance as we could be a bit more simple in terms of his design but also have some fun with creating stealth based moves.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

cj_render_by_zractal_dan226s-fullview.png

CJ
GTA is a huge western series with a massive influence. Yes. Some people may say the violent and sexual content may be a little much, but honestly GTA is no more violent than modern Doom or Mortal Kombat imo, and the later factor doesn't need to referenced at all. You could probably pick any GTA protag, and I would like to see the likes of Claude, Niko and the GTA5 trio as skins, but I felt CJ had a recognizablety to him due to the huge influx of memes from his game, plus his is the one people seem to remember most.

There's actually a lot of moveset potential to a GTA rep. There's a wide amount of vehicles and weapons and the star rating system could be used in some way, causing police to flood the stage.

Music may be an issue if we avoid licensed songs, but there is stuff to work with. I'd like to pull from the whole series for our content.

He could fight with guns, his fists, a baseball bat, drive over you in a car. There's a lot to pull from.

I did consider John Marstern or Arthur Morgan from the Red Dead series. But I felt a GTA rep was both more iconic and more interesting in terms of moveset.

Genre wise I guess he'd be repping the "open world sandbox" genre. I don't think we have a rep for that? Unless you count BOTW.

between Scorpion last round and now this, I have a thing for stirring up controversy, huh?

Last edited by a moderator:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
View attachment 352923
CJ
GTA is a huge western series with a massive influence. Yes. Some people may say the violent and sexual content may be a little much, but honestly GTA is no more violent than modern Doom or Mortal Kombat imo, and the later factor doesn't need to referenced at all. You could probably pick any GTA protag, and I would like to see the likes of Claude, Niko and the GTA5 trio as skins, but I felt CJ had a recognizablety to him due to the huge influx of memes from his game, plus his is the one people seem to remember most.

There's actually a lot of moveset potential to a GTA rep. There's a wide amount of vehicles and weapons and the star rating system could be used in some way, causing police to flood the stage.

Music may be an issue if we avoid licensed songs, but there is stuff to work with. I'd like to pull from the whole series for our content.

I did consider John Mastern or Arthur Morgan from the Red Dead series. But I felt a GTA rep was both more iconic and more interesting in terms of moveset.

Genre wise I guess he'd be repping the "open world sandbox" genre. I don't think we have a rep for that? Unless you count BOTW.

between Scorpion last round and now this, I have a thing for stirring up controversy, huh?
Unless I’m mistaken, has GTA ever been on a Nintendo system?

I have a question:
Is Master Chief eligible for the Job?

I know I'm sounding iffy, but Master Chief appeared in Minecraft and Fortnite (Who are also on Switch) and I'm not sure if those appearances might count.
I’m inclining to no.

If Chief is not eligible for the Job, then I submit...
Captain Price (Call of Duty)
I know this pick is kinda off-the-wall and it wouldn't fit for smash, but hear me out.

Who is Captain Price?
Captain John Price
is the main protagonist of Modern Warfare-subseries and one of popular characters from Call of Duty franchise. He is also being one of two characters to be featured in all of the games in the sub-series, the other being Nikolai.
He was first ranked as Lieutenant and later he was served as Sniper under the orders of Captain MacMillian.
Later, he became a captain after experiencing wars in CoD lore.
Captain Price is an icon of CoD games and he may not fit as a fighter, but still he could have moveset potential that could roll on the Battlefield.

How would work in Smash?
I know his games include a lot of guns, but since Snake, Joker and Bayo are here, then we don't need to worry about, because they use guns in Smash. If they can use guns, so does Captain Price.
Captain Price would definitely have also cool moveset potential besides guns like knives (As normal attack) or grenades that explode (As Side B). Also Neutral Special would be rifle that would have aimable reticle (Like in his games) and he could have an Ammo gimmick (It it runs out, he could reload it again) and unique headshot gimmick, where he deals more damage to head hitboxes (Referencing "Headshots" in FPS games) (Actually he could use a lot of guns types in his moveset).
His Final Smash material would be similar to Snake's Brawl Final Smash, where it switches to POV (Like in CoD games) and you shoot at opponents with Sniper rifle while you move the Reticle.
He would be Mid-Heavyweight zoner fighter, who could have double jumps and he could crawl.
Also his alts would reference CoD characters like Ghost, Richtofen or even Frank Woods.

Why Captain Price?
I chose Captain Price, because Call of Duty is very popular franchise and it deserves to be in Smash, since Smash is celebration of Gaming and Call of Duty played huge role in Gaming History because of revolutionizing FPS games that.
Despite Activision is now bad nowadays along with milked Call of Duty, this series need a playable representation of it in Smash!
I forgot that Call of Duty is responsible for modern FPS Multiplayer games, which is also important for gaming history.
And speaking of Nintendo Console, he appeared on Nintendo Wii in CoD Modern Warfare - Reflex Edition. CoD has some games that appear on Nintendo consoles, making his likely for Smash. He would be first Activision character to be DLC Fighter in Smash Infinite.

I know this is also kinda controversial pick, but the inappropriate elements like blood we could tone it down in Smash to make him more kid-friendly.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
If I was going for a more diverse roster, for sure, Ahri, Lara, Penguin, Joanna, and Spyro are top picks.

We could work around the whole "weapon wheel" aspect with Lara and Joanna Dark I feel while Slayer, CJ, and Recruit as well as Price would be a bit more difficult to not incorporate as that is a huge feature of those games.

Freddi Fish, Willy, Monika, and Sunny has me scratching my head on how they would work. They write ups don't do anything for me. Shepard is a huge plus for me and they totally deserve it but now is not the time for it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ezio could be cool. I'd want Rayman more but he's out of the running. Spyro is neat.

Sephard wasn't someone I was thinking about before but now I'm actually pretty into jt! All the submissions have their merits though

We could work around the whole "weapon wheel" aspect with Lara and Joanna Dark I feel while Slayer, CJ, and Recruit as well as Price would be a bit more difficult to not incorporate as that is a huge feature of those games.
I mean, some of them don't need it. Doom Slayer could use weapons as his moveset like Snake, where he brings up a random weapon for each move. Same goes with Lara, CJ and Price.

Not a big deal I think.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
My three picks will probably be Willy (wealth of great content, true UK rep, miner archetype), Monika (glitch-y and psycho-horror archetype would both be cool to see at play, plus would be good for the competitive scene for the PM dev to get his own creation in Smash) and Penguin (what can I say? I love me some wacky movesets and it would sell like hotcakes, plus I have lots of emotional attachment to them).
Freddi Fish, Willy, Monika, and Sunny has me scratching my head on how they would work. They write ups don't do anything for me.
I understand the others but why not Willy? I'm not saying this to be mean or anything, I just really liked the writeup despite saying at first "who?" so I wanna know your perspective on him.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Respect my general thoughts about the submitted characters.

Obviously the Slayer would be my first option, there is a reason why I selected him. Joanna, Sunny, Monika, Lara, Ezio, CJ and Ahri are my second options even if most of them are characters that I didn't played their games (only Sunny and Ezio).

The Penguin isn't bad but idk, even if I played Club Penguin in my childhood I don't feel it has a worth inclusion. Shepard and the guy from CoD aren't bad either but I aren't too interesed in them.

The fish and Willy.......no comments.

Last edited:
My picks are:
- Doomslayer - Yes, he would definitely make sense in the game, given the fact that he is also one of most requested characters for Smash. Also his moveset potential is amazing and basically his Final Smash would be definitely BFG9000, which it would be rad.

- Captain Price - Call of Duty is one of most famous FPS games that brought an impact upon Gaming culture and even pop-culture due to being acknowledged by gamers and non-gamers. Also having a character from multiplayer online game would make sense, since Smash has also Multiplayer online elements I guess.
(Real talk, but CoD character would be also toned down)

- Lara Croft - That was awesome idea, GaminGryff! We honestly need Lara in Smash, because her game series are really popular to be represented in the Game! Also she would be another European character that could join the roster after Diddy, K. Rool, Banjo-Kazooie and Steve.

There are other picks that I could vote for, but I can't.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
To clear something up on Willy: Willy has no canonical powers - his games give you no way of defending against enemies or movement options beyond running and jumping. His moveset would primarily be original concepts like the earlier Smash fighters and weaponised enemies/items/references like Pac-Man - here's the moveset I made for him on the Another Universe thread so you can get an idea for the sort of moveset he'd have. Two of these moves are based on the games, while the other 2 are based on the general idea of mining.

Willy is a trapper sort of fighter, similar to Pac-Man

B: Enemy Summon

Miner Willy summons one of the many enemies from Jet Set Willy, rendered as sprites. You can hold slightly upwards to make them move up and down or slightly downwards to make them not move at all, with moving left and right being the default

Side B: Hot Coal Trap

Willy places down coal, he can move left and right while placing it down and will stop when he's either placed too much or the button is released - anyone who walks over the coal will be damaged slightly but not get knockback. Willy is included however, ajd that can also apply when placing the coal. The enemy summon enemies gobble up coal.

Down B: Squashing Foot

Somewhat similarly to Pikachu's Down B, Willy spawns a foot to come downwards on the highest platform above him. The foot will expand out the coal and destroy the enemies. It also, of course, can crush and ground foes.

Up B: Shovel Spin

Willy jumps upwards while spinning a shovel around him, this is a pretty lousy recovery move, but if used on the ground there'll also be dirt projectiles flying around. Additionally, if Willy hits summoned enemies with the shovel they'll change their trajectory; the coal will bounce up and land on any platforms it may appear above, and the foot will go a little slower downwards.

Last edited:

PastaRorroKuma

Smash Journeyman
I don't even have any ideas to submit so I'll just do my thoughts

My first option is CJ, I want GTA representation in Smash so bad and seeing CJ having atleast one more person besides me that thinks he would be good for Smash makes me incredibly happy so I'm going for him, Slayer and Penguin are my other options, I love both Doom and Club Penguin, the Slayer is a win in every aspect (Character moves and hypothetical content) and the Penguin is a concept that for some reason really has stuck with me even before this thread.

I think Spyro and Lara are the only ones that come close to those 3 in terms of what I like, but I still like Ahri, The Recruit, Joanna and Ezio.

Shephard and Willy look interesting but I have zero knowledge on Mass Effect and Miner Willy.

Finally, Monika, Freddi and Sunny don't really sit well with me, but still I'll have no problem with them

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Honestly if he doesn't have almost any source of options I don't feel it has a viable election. The "creative liberties" should be used more for adapt a character to the game and not for force his inclusion (sure the actual game did it before with characters like Ganondorf but nobody likes that, there is a reason why most of the fanon games tries to give him a different moveset).

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Why are people here always so opposed to a C64 rep? It's a huge part of videogame history, you know the main thing smash ultimate was trying to represent. People said characters like Terry wouldn't be able to get into smash because he's too obscure but look what happened. Just because you don't know about a character or console doesn't mean they're not important. Plus, even if you look at this from just a marketing standpoint the C64 was very popular in some regions which would get attention to our game and likely promote the C64 mini (even though I don't believe Miner Willy actually appears on it, it would still be promotion though.)

If you don't want a character because you don't know about them or think it would be boring to do their content you can just say so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom