• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Yeah but at least I think Miku has some more of things at her favour, I mean, she has videogames in consoles. I find the clip assistant more of an utility than a game in that sense.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Yeah but at least I think Miku has some more of things at her favour, I mean, she has videogames in consoles. I find the clip assistant more of an utility than a game in that sense.
Wii Fit is also a utility and that has rep in Smash.

Clippy has games and - although he only exists in Microsoft Office - he serves as a mascot for the entire Windows brand, which has a long history of games and gamelike features not unlike those of Wii Fit. Hell, even if looking at just Office there's Word 97 Pinball and Hall of Tortured Souls.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Honestly I prefer don't discuss all the clippy thing, its something that appears from time to time and its always nonsense fight between if we should or no allow the inclusion of that class of content and it always ends in nothing. My only opinion is that in any case if we streeeeeetch too much the rules maaaaaybe we should at least allow a spirit of him if we do some sort of Microsoft-related spirit board.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Would you mind providing reasoning not only for this, but also for why Miku and Wii Fit Trainer are acceptable where Clippy isn't?
I would prefer not having to explain something that’s already been explained before. It gets tiring.

More over, we are submitting Sega spirits. Not discussing Clippy.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Here's your old Clippy reasoning
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario , your submission for Clippy was ultimately vetoed by the leadership staff based on the following criteria:
1. It isn’t an actual video game character as the rest of the roster.
2. From our perspective, the character works more as a cameo or acknowledgement within the one game it appeared in. It doesn’t have a central role within the game which was one of the requirements of the submission guidelines.
3. This appears to be an offshoot collection of the Microsoft games and entertainment programs which, again, goes against the submission guidelines.

You are free to resubmit a more appropriate character if you would like to but, sadly, we can’t in good faith allow Clippy. No matter how meme worthy it is.

For the rest of the thread, we will be concluding submissions this evening and then doing a discussion round until tomorrow concerning the submissions.
The first reason is still contradictory to Miku and WFT, while the other two are specific to the context of that submission and it's requirement of a Nintendo console release. That condition is no longer relevant and thus cannot apply to Clippy anymore. This also seems to be running off of the logic I am submitting Clippy because it's funny, which isn't true. (and even if it were, it wouldn't invalidate Clippy as a pick anymore than any other comedy-centric character like Waluigi or Conker)

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
Here's your old Clippy reasoning

The first reason is still contradictory to Miku and WFT, while the other two are specific to the context of that submission and it's requirement of a Nintendo console release. That condition is no longer relevant and thus cannot apply to Clippy anymore. This also seems to be running off of the logic I am submitting Clippy because it's funny, which isn't true. (and even if it were, it wouldn't invalidate Clippy as a pick anymore than any other comedy-centric character like Waluigi or Conker)
Stop.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
(and even if it were, it wouldn't invalidate Clippy as a pick anymore than any other comedy-centric character like Waluigi or Conker)
Even if it's true that I personally don't like any of the two in particular, I think they both has more sense, at least they have history in Nintendo (in fact, one of them is an actual character from their own). Honestly I can't known if any of the things that you say are for the lolz or if you really want them but one thing it's true and it's that it looks that most of the current users of the thread aren't particulary interesed in that idea.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Even if it's true that I personally don't like any of the two in particular, I think they both has more sense, at least they have history in Nintendo (in fact, one of them is an actual character from their own). Honestly I can't known if any of the things that you say are for the lolz or if you really want them but one thing it's true and it's that it looks that most of the current users of the thread aren't particulary interesed in that idea.
"History with Nintendo" is honestly a pretty dumb reason for a third party character. Third parties should represent what their respective companies have brought to the table, not just what can be marketed to Nintendo fans the easiest.

I can't believe I still have to do this song and dance: I don't submit or support characters because they're funny, I just prefer unconventional characters - and unconventional characters often also lend themselves to humour.

I'm not trying to convince y'all Clippy is a good pick, I just want to convince you that he is a viable pick and be able to submit Clippy, regardless of if he wins.

Even if Windows isn't a game, it very clearly falls into Smash's definition of a video game. Were people really buying Wii Fit to play Hula-Hoop? Or Cooking Guide for the Game & Watch easter egg?

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
You were asked to stop by the thread owner, who's also an admin. Learn to let it go.
How is Venus being an admin relevant to this discussion in any way? I can't be banned for "defending a talking office supply too hard in a make believe character list" - and if I could be banned for that, that would be very worrying. Anyway, I'm not gonna "let go" until my most wanted is accepted as a valid pick. He doesn't need to be in, he just needs to be allowed.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
How is Venus being an admin relevant to this discussion in any way? I can't be banned for "defending a talking office supply too hard in a make believe character list" - and if I could be banned for that, that would be very worrying. Anyway, I'm not gonna "let go" until my most wanted is accepted as a valid pick. He doesn't need to be in, he just needs to be allowed.
You need to learn to let it go when you've been told it's not happening. What don't you get about "the team said no." Take the L and forget about it instead of acting so damn stubborn.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I have explained my reasoning for Clippy. I am leaving it at that. we were submitting Sega spirits but, unfortunately, we got sidetracked. I probably shouldn't of even commented about Miku and Clippy so perhaps that's my bad.

I want to move us forward and away from the Clippy discussion as 1) it has been covered before and 2) it detracts from the conversation. Also, no one is being banned or removed for simply defending a character. That's plan silly and my role as a moderator has no bearing. I would rather give up my role as a staff member then to misuse and abuse the privileges I have for my own benefit.

That being said, here are our Sega spirits.

View attachment 352826Kiryu Kazuma (Yakuza)
Class: Ace
Type: Primary Attack, 2 Slots
Effect: Punch Attack ↑
  • Puppet Fighter: :ultkazuya: (White Suit)
  • Stage: Shopping District, Taiping Street
  • Music Track: Akuma Stage (Super Street Fighter II Turbo) (New Remix)
  • Match: Stamina (300 HP)
  • Conditions:
    • The enemy has increased punch attack
    • The enemy has increased throw power
    • The enemy is attracted to battering items
    • Item: Battering Items

I also submit Arle Nadja
Bonanza Bros.
Bonanza Bros. series
Ace class support - Sleep immunity

Stage: Battlefield Moray Towers (Night)
Song: Flying Battery Zone
Opponents: Blue Plumber Wario, Red Plumber Waluigi
Rules: Sleep floor, deku nuts and banana peels spawn often, hostile Klaptrap ATs spawn, foes become invisible

Goro Majima (Yakuza)
Class: Advanced
Type: Support Attack, 1 Slots
Effect: Home-Run Bat Eqquiped
  • Puppet Fighter: :ultsnake: (yellow-ish skin)
  • Stage: Shopping District
  • Music Track: Red Hot Fist
  • Match: Stamina (150 HP)
  • Conditions:
    • The enemy starts the battle with an enhanced Home-Run Bat

Also submitting Ringo, yeah, Goliso's submission really inspired me.

(Also the Puyo Puyo spirits would disconfirm Arle?, honeslty even if I don't know too much about Puyo Puyo I find she one of the best elections for another Sega rep alongside Kiryu who is getting an spirit anyway and the most biased election of Joe Musashi (and of course without counting Atlus' reps since with that then my first idea would be either the Demifiend or the Nahobino).
Landsknecht (Etrian Odyssey) [Artwork: Etrian Odyssey 4]
Class: Advanced
Type: Primary Attack, 3 Slots
Effect: Sword attack up
  • Puppet Fighter: Link and Lucina
  • Stage: Yggdrasil's Altar
  • Music Track: Hand In Hand
  • Match: 1 stock
  • Conditions:
    • The enemies sword attacks are more powerful
    • The enemy likes to use smash attacks
View attachment 352845Spirit Name: NiGHTS (NiGHTS into Dreams)
Type: Support Attack, 1 Slot
Effect: Slumber Immunity

Puppet Fighter: Purple Greninja, Pink Villager and Default Villager
Stage: Fountain of Dreams
Song:Title Theme - Skylanders
Conditions:
  • The enemy(Purple Greninja) is lightweight
  • Defeat the main enemy to win
Hornet (Daytona USA)
Type: Primary Attack, 3 slots
Effect: Speed Up
  • Puppet Fighter: :ultlarry:
  • Stage: Wuhu Island (Beach section)
  • Song: Coconut Mall
  • Match: Time (30 seconds)
  • Conditions:
    • The opponent favors Side B's.
    • POW blocks spawn often
    • Defeat the opponent to win
I tried to come up with a way that made this Spirit battle distinctly a Hornet fight and not just a random car fight, so that's why I added the POW blocks, to reference the force feedback that the steering wheel gave you on the Daytona USA arcade machines.

Returning Spirit: Axel Stone
View attachment 352853Beat (Jet Set Radio)
Type: Defense Support
Slots: Takes 1 Slot
Ability: Rainmaker Equiped
Puppet Fighter: Inkling (Blue Male)
Stage: Moray Towers
Music Track: Ink Me Up
Rules:
  • Slippery Floor
  • The enemy has increased speed
  • The enemy runs away from you
  • The enemy favours special attacks
Returning spirit: Billy Hatcher
Alright lads, it's spirit time!
View attachment 352852
Alex Kidd (Alex Kidd) [Artwork: Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX]
Type: Primary Attack
Effect: Hand attacks up

• The enemy favors Smash attacks
  • Defeat the opponent to win
  • The enemy loves to jump
Launch ones (I will be adding a few more once I put it up on the front page to even some things out)
  • Arle
  • Billy Hatcher
  • Axel Stone
  • Ringo

New Spirits
  • Bonanza Bros.
  • Alex Kidd
  • Beat
  • Hornet
  • NiGHTS
  • Landsknecht
  • Goro Mijima
  • Kiryu Kazuma (I seeing this being a big deconfirm for people lol)

CHARACTER SUBMISSION ROUND INCOMING

SOON

Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario I will provide a more detailed reasoning as to Clippy but not today. I am sorry I was snappy but I haven't been the best mentally as of late and I am dead exhausted. Once I have more energy, I will sit down and explain why and hopefully we can come to an understanding.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Character Submission Round

Alright, so, as I mentioned earlier, we will be jumping into our submissions!

Our next character will indeed be a Western based character which will join Minecraft Steve Ratchet & Clank as a western rep. That being said, I do need to explain a few ground rules that are needed to keep our Season 2 DLC balanced but also make submissions fun and engaging.

1) The character can be from Microsoft and Activision. Playstation/Sony is obviously out.

2) The character can't have a selectable weapon mechanic like Ratchet. Having two characters who has the same gimmick and both being Western picks wouldn't do well for diversifying the roster. Having another swordie is also sort of cringe. Let's try diversifying the roster a bit.

3) The character can't be identifiable by Orange, Turquoise, or Dark Red. We made an exception for Sol Badguy and attributed Lloyd to turquoise. That being said, I don't like doing that. Please pay attention to our color schemes.

4) We are lacking a female rep. I don't want to limit submissions since I had backlash before for limiting gender but incorporating a female fighter would be a huge plus; especially considering our next submission will be a first party character.

5) Please explain why this character should be included. We don't need massive write ups like we have had before but having one liners like "Lol because for lolz" or "It would be cool" aren't really acceptable. Do try to put some effort as to why this character should be included.

6) The character should of been on a Nintendo console and should have enough popularity/legacy to add to the DLC roster.

7) Indie is fine.

I look forward to our submissions!

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Character Submission Round

Alright, so, as I mentioned earlier, we will be jumping into our submissions!

Our next character will indeed be a Western based character which will join Minecraft Steve Ratchet & Clank as a western rep. That being said, I do need to explain a few ground rules that are needed to keep our Season 2 DLC balanced but also make submissions fun and engaging.

1) The character can be from Microsoft and Activision. Playstation/Sony is obviously out.

2) The character can't have a selectable weapon mechanic like Ratchet. Having two characters who has the same gimmick and both being Western picks wouldn't do well for diversifying the roster. Having another swordie is also sort of cringe. Let's try diversifying the roster a bit.

3) The character can't be identifiable by Orange, Turquoise, or Dark Red. We made an exception for Sol Badguy and attributed Lloyd to turquoise. That being said, I don't like doing that. Please pay attention to our color schemes.

4) We are lacking a female rep. I don't want to limit submissions since I had backlash before for limiting gender but incorporating a female fighter would be a huge plus; especially considering our next submission will be a first party character.

5) Please explain why this character should be included. We don't need massive write ups like we have had before but having one liners like "Lol because for lolz" or "It would be cool" aren't really acceptable. Do try to put some effort as to why this character should be included.

6) The character should of been on a Nintendo console and should have enough popularity/legacy to add to the DLC roster.

7) Indie is fine.

I look forward to our submissions!
Spyro (character) - Wikipedia

Spyro

Obviously, if we are getting an Activision Rep we should definitely include Spyro. Since Crash got in as a base character, I can imagine that in-universe people would say that it's weird that Spyro isn't included as well. While that would be a good reason to include him as well, Spyro also has many other reasons for inclusion:

1. Spyro has many different incarnations. This gives him many different possibilities for movesets. While he may use his reignited design Legend's Dark Spyro and Skylanders' Legendary Spyro would obviously be an alternate color for him.

2. One of the series he was a major part of, the Skylanders series, has close ties to Nintendo. Not only were Bowser and DK Skylanders in the Wii U version of Superchargers, but the Wii U is the only console where you can play every single Skylanders game.

3. It would give us a more traditional fighter while still being distinct. He could focus on elemental breath attacks with different effects as well as flight. This would make him like Banjo, lacking a gimmick but still distinct.

4. Spyro like Crash and Sonic, was console exclusive, but later they had exclusive games on Nintendo consoles.

5. Spyro is just iconic and has lots of stage and spirit potential.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
1653006832724.png

MONIKA
Monika is a central character in the indie visual novel video game, Doki Doki Literature Club. President of the titular Literature Club, Monika's duty is to guide the player and teach them the basics of the game, giving advice when it comes to courting one of the three girls: the childhood friend Sayori, the bratty half-pint Natsuki and the shy and mature Yuri. Now you may be hard-pressed to think Doki Doki Literature Club is anything other than a typical romance simulator taking place in a Japanese high school, but many fans of the game know that that couldn't be further from the truth. In reality, Doki Doki Literature Club is a psychological horror game with disturbing themes and extremely dark twists in the story. Monika herself? As it turns out, she's the main villain of the game, directly manipulating the game itself to her whims just so she could romance the player. Doki Doki Literature Club Plus would also reveal that "Monika" is also an experimental A.I. made by Metaverse Enterprise Solutions.

Now, why should Monika be in Smash Infinite? Well, Doki Doki Literature Club Plus!, an expanded port of the original DDLC on consoles, is on the Switch, obviously, but a bigger reason is its background: Dan Salvato, the developer of Doki Doki Literature Club, has a bit of a history with Smash, having a hand in one of the most popular mods in the history of the franchise: Project M, which was a powerhouse in the competitive scene despite not actually being made by Nintendo. Furthermore, Monika represents not one, but two genres not represented in Smash: visual novel and psychological horror.

But how would Monika fight? Well, she's well-known for her ability to directly tamper with the game's code, which we could represent without a gimmick just as easily as with, perhaps distorting the stage to summon the glitched limbs of other fighters, arm herself with elements from other stages, and perhaps even weaponizing the Pause menu for a grab, for example. But we can't turn a blind eye to the pure, skin-deep innocence of the first few minutes of the game, can we? We can have Monika write poems, using certain words to bolster her attacks, and perhaps use Sayori, Natsuki, and Yuri in some moves in a way that doesn't delve into the more adult facets, such as having Natsuki throw cupcakes at Monika to heal her like with Isabelle's Assist Trophy in Smash 4, or Yuri serving as a wall where she can drop books on top of foes.

So to recap:

• Monika appears on the Switch
  • DDLC was made by the mind behind the most popular mod in Smash
  • She hits two birds with one stone in terms of genres (VN, Psycho-horror)
  • Monika's powers would be unique in the context of Smash, being abilities that directly tamper with the game's code.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Miner Willy

Miner Willy is the protagonist of the Manic Miner series of games. While perhaps not known to our mostly American userbase here, it is a hugely influential series here in the UK, and the second instalment in particular, Jet Set Willy, is an example of an early Metroidvania.

F7906797-46D3-4775-81F4-8C1861E8F3BB.jpeg
6DAD37FF-1D05-415B-881E-F7010676EF30.jpeg

Willy's moveset would be focused on mining, of course, and possibly incorporate the life of riches he achieved in Jet Set Willy and/or sprites from the original games (there are some crazy enemies in these games) - I had made a Willy moveset on the Another Universe thread with a bit of a trapper/zoner style, which I'd recommend checking out.

The 80s microcomputer scene is an extremely significant and interesting, but also extremely overlooked, era in gaming history that is slowly succumbing to obscurity as gaming culture becomes more of a shared experience and the American gaming crash becomes seen as more of a universal history. An upside to this is that a lot of the major IPs of this era would likely be cheap to license out, allowing us to use music and Spirits from series that didn't necessarily have ties to Miner Willy; Matthew Smith; or Bug-Byte, but are part of the small little gaming subculture that Willy thrived in. Of note would the similarly alliterative miner-themed series, Monty Mole, which houses one of the most well known songs in retro gaming.

Manic Miner recieved an official port to the Game Boy Advance in 2002.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
Lara Croft (Tomb Raider)

1653008517396.png

By far the most iconic video game character not in Smash yet, and one of the most recognizable video game characters of all time, no longer owned by Square Enix but rather by Embracer Group. Her series has been a mainstay in the gaming consciousness for over 20 years, and on top of that her moveset potential is near limitless, between being able to dual wield guns (while running and jumping no less), using a machete and grappling hook, but most importantly, for being able to use the artifacts from the tombs she raids with all their magical power, such as the mighty sword Excalibur, Thor's Gauntlets, and Amulet of Horus, just to name a few.

warpenguin55

Smash Journeyman
Busy ATM, but going to quote my previous Ahri post so I can finish packing.

Ahri- League of Legends (Riot Games/Tencent)

View attachment 351484

Why League of Legends?
Because it's still one of the most popular games in the world! According to Twitch, LoL is the 2nd most popular game being watched at the time of writing. It's also one of the biggest e-sports in the world, if not the biggest. Not to mention, Tencent owns Riot Games and was a major contributor in getting the Switch into China. They also made another MOBA game together, that being Pokemon Unite.

Why Ahri specifically?
Ahri is one of the most popular champions in LoL, and unlike the vast majority of characters in LoL her moveset would translate pretty well into Smash. She's also one of the most promoted champions, being in spin off games like Ruined King, Wild Rift, Legends of Runeterra, and she's even in the LoL KPop band K/DA(yes they have that.). Ahri is extremely recognizable, especially in the east.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Alright, the time has come and so have I impressive isn't a Devil May Cry submission

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IN THE FIRST AGE, IN THE FIRST BATTLE, WHEN THE SHADOWS FIRST LENGTHENED, ONE STOOD....
BURNED BY THE EMBERS OF ARMAGEDDON, HIS SOUL BLISTED BY THE FIRES OF HELL AND TAINTED BEYOND ASCENSION, HE CLOSE THE PATH OF PERPETUAL TORNMENT.
IN HIS RAVENOUS HATRED HE FOUND NO PEACE, AND WITH BOILING BLOOD HE SCOURED THE UMBRAL PAINS SEEKING VENGEANCE AGAINST THE DARK LORDS WHO HAD WRONG HIM.
HE WORE THE CROWN OF THE NIGHT SENTINELS AND THOSE THAT TASTED THE BITE OF HIS SWORD NAMED HIM....

THE DOOM SLAYER

WHAT IS DOOM?
First released in 1993 on the MS-DOS, DOOM quickly became a landmark title and helped pioneer the FPS genre. With its direct sequel the following year, DOOM II: Hell on Earth, building upon the original, the former Nintendo 64 exclusive DOOM 64 in 1997, the alternative take on the franchise in 2004, DOOM 3, and the recent reboots of DOOM in 2016 and DOOM Eternal in 2020, the series has been far from lacking.

DOOM history with Nintendo isn't lacking either, the first two games have ports for Super Nintendo, Game Boy Advance (both of these with censorship tho) and more recently Nintendo Switch alongside all the other games of the series. The franchise even had his own exclusive game for the Nintendo 64 with DOOM 64 that it wasn't until a few years ago that appeared in another console that doesn't belong to Nintendo. The ports of DOOM 2016 and Eternal are also well knowed for how well they run for be in an "inferior" device in comparison to Playstation, Xbox or PC.
WHY THE DOOM SLAYER?
WHY NOT?, seriously, the father of what we known has the modern FPS's, the genre doesn't have a proper representation in the game and it's the most likely option of all the posibilites (maybe just tying with the Master Chief and Gordon Freeman). The Doom Slayer was one of the most popular choices for newcomers from the West, and it's a very recognizable character not just in the Nintendo fanbase but in the videogame community in general. He would also bring an interesing playstyle being sort of a heavy all-rounder character with strengths in far and close distance apart of a breath of fresh air in terms of visuals changing from the cartoonish Ratche & Clank and the anime-esque Lloyd and Sol.

Also come on, this character like Sol is one of those that a lot of people just want it for the bangers he could bring to the game both from the classic and modern games. Here are some of my favorites has examples:
Heck, if we allow the shared universe with Wolfenstein apart of the obvious Blazkowicz Mii Costume we can have the perfect music to kick Nazi's Asses! I would love to have songs like House of the Rising Sun, Terror Billy and Right Trigger Warning here too!

HOW WOULD THE DOOM SLAYER BE?
Has I said before, the Doom Slayer would be considered a character that excels in both far and close combat having various projectiles and huge strenght in terms of normals. Has drawbacks he is heavy, something that it's good for tank damage but it also leaves him pretty susceptible to combos. He will also have the same problem of Kazuya with his very low jumps, requiring him to use his second jump to reach the Battlefield platform.

In terms of special moves one of the most used mechanics when someone tries to make a moveset for the Slayer is the Weapon Whee-

BUT THE WEAPON WHEEL MECHANIC ISN'T ALLOWED!
And you are right!, but, why he should need it?, I mean, I would like to have the mechanic but isn't like if he can't work with that. You can assign some normal/aerial/smash moves to some of his weapons and use the main ones for special moves. In fact, he can just don't have any special gimmick, if he needs to have one, maybe he could have access to stronger weapons via ammo that can be obtained attacking, but that would be too forced so I think having the Slayer gimmick-less is fine.

Just for bring examples, have the Crucible, the Chainsaw and the Super Shotgun has Smash Attacks, the Plasma Rifle, the Equipment Launcher, the Rocket Launcher and the Meathook has specials. And of course, the BFG-9000 has a Final Smash, or heck, BE MORE CRAZY, USE THE BFG-10000 AND SHOOT A HOLE IN THE SURFACE OF MARS!

BUT DOOM IS SO GOREY AND IS THE ESSENCE OF THE GAME!
Maybe it's true that the DOOM series is violent, but that doesn't mean that the essence of the game. Has someone who plays DOOM and talked with other people who play DOOM most of them and I agree that the most important thing in DOOM is the action (not necessary blood and gore). Even if we talk about guns, his weapons in modern games have a more sci-fi aesthetic with more or less the exception of the Super Shotgun (that even then, I don't think a shotgun with a grappling hook it's too realistic).

In short...
  • The Doom Slayer is an icon of the FPS and of the gaming industry in general.
  • He could bring a fun playstyle with the use of his variety of weapons and close combat attacks.
  • He doesn't need the Weapon Wheel mechanic to work.
  • We will have one of the best OST's in all gaming history (imo).
  • DOOM has a long history and relationship with Nintendo (and so Microsoft too).
  • The Slayer would be identified by a dark green color, so there is no problems with the rest of color palettes.
  • The gore isn't a problem since the Slayer doesn't need to have blood to be well represented.
RIP AND TEAR UNTIL IT'S DONE

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Alright, the time has come and so have I impressive isn't a Devil May Cry submission

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IN THE FIRST AGE, IN THE FIRST BATTLE, WHEN THE SHADOWS FIRST LENGTHENED, ONE STOOD....
BURNED BY THE EMBERS OF ARMAGEDDON, HIS SOUL BLISTED BY THE FIRES OF HELL AND TAINTED BEYOND ASCENSION, HE CLOSE THE PATH OF PERPETUAL TORNMENT.
IN HIS RAVENOUS HATRED HE FOUND NO PEACE, AND WITH BOILING BLOOD HE SCOURED THE UMBRAL PAINS SEEKING VENGEANCE AGAINST THE DARK LORDS WHO HAD WRONG HIM.
HE WORE THE CROWN OF THE NIGHT SENTINELS AND THOSE THAT TASTED THE BITE OF HIS SWORD NAMED HIM....

THE DOOM SLAYER

WHAT IS DOOM?
First released in 1993 on the MS-DOS, DOOM quickly became a landmark title and helped pioneer the FPS genre. With its direct sequel the following year, DOOM II: Hell on Earth, building upon the original, the former Nintendo 64 exclusive DOOM 64 in 1997, the alternative take on the franchise in 2004, DOOM 3, and the recent reboots of DOOM in 2016 and DOOM Eternal in 2020, the series has been far from lacking.

DOOM history with Nintendo isn't lacking either, the first two games have ports for Super Nintendo, Game Boy Advance (both of these with censorship tho) and more recently Nintendo Switch alongside all the other games of the series. The franchise even had his own exclusive game for the Nintendo 64 with DOOM 64 that it wasn't until a few years ago that appeared in another console that doesn't belong to Nintendo. The ports of DOOM 2016 and Eternal are also well knowed for how well they run for be in an "inferior" device in comparison to Playstation, Xbox or PC.

WHY THE DOOM SLAYER?
WHY NOT?, seriously, the father of what we known has the modern FPS's, the genre doesn't have a proper representation in the game and it's the most likely option of all the posibilites (maybe just tying with the Master Chief and Gordon Freeman). The Doom Slayer was one of the most popular choices for newcomers from the West, and it's a very recognizable character not just in the Nintendo fanbase but in the videogame community in general. He would also bring an interesing playstyle being sort of a heavy all-rounder character with strengths in far and close distance apart of a breath of fresh air in terms of visuals changing from the cartoonish Ratche & Clank and the anime-esque Lloyd and Sol.

Also come on, this character like Sol is one of those that a lot of people just want it for the bangers he could bring to the game both from the classic and modern games. Here are some of my favorites has examples:
HOW WOULD THE DOOM SLAYER BE?
Has I said before, the Doom Slayer would be considered a character that excels in both far and close combat having various projectiles and huge strenght in terms of normals. Has drawbacks he is heavy, something that it's good for tank damage but it also leaves him pretty susceptible to combos. He will also have the same problem of Kazuya with his very low jumps, requiring him to use his second jump to reach the Battlefield platform.

In terms of special moves one of the most used mechanics when someone tries to make a moveset for the Slayer is the Weapon Whee-

BUT THE WEAPON WHEEL MECHANIC ISN'T ALLOWED!
And you are right!, but, why he should need it?, I mean, I would like to have the mechanic but isn't like if he can't work with that. You can assign some normal/aerial/smash moves to some of his weapons and use the main ones for special moves. In fact, he can just don't have any special gimmick, if he needs to have one, maybe he could have access to stronger weapons via ammo that can be obtained attacking, but that would be too forced so I think having the Slayer gimmick-less is fine.

BUT DOOM IS SO GOREY AND IS THE ESSENCE OF THE GAME!
Maybe it's true that the DOOM series is violent, but that doesn't mean that the essence of the game. Has someone who plays DOOM and talked with other people who play DOOM most of them and I agree that the most important thing in DOOM is the action (not necessary blood and gore). Even if we talk about guns, his weapons in modern games have a more sci-fi aesthetic with more or less the exception of the Super Shotgun (that even then, I don't think a shotgun with a grappling hook it's too realistic).

In short...
  • The Doom Slayer is an icon of the FPS and of the gaming industry in general.
  • He could bring a fun playstyle with the use of his variety of weapons and close combat attacks.
  • He doesn't need the Weapon Wheel mechanic to work.
  • DOOM has a long history with Nintendo (and so Microsoft too).
RIP AND TEARS UNTIL IT'S DONE
While i would love Doom Slayer, having two gunners from western game seems overkill to me.

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
ah... screw it I'm gonna go with my first idea

Recruit

1653009093858.png

The so-called "recruits" are the general name for the default skins that players can put on their character in world-conquering, genre-defining, meme-generating smash hit Fortnite: Battle Royale. Fortnite is obviously a global sensation, you and I both know it, and despite its reputation of having a fanbase of seven-year-olds, it's still got a hugely successful online presence with people of all ages due to its easy-to-pick-up gameplay style and quick gameplay loop. The Recruit fighter here would be represented by the eight default skins, four male and four female. Steve proved that building could work in a Smash setting if it's balanced properly, and that's Fortnite's entire signature ignore the fact that it was removed recently. The game has been on Switch for years now, and the bright, popping colors that separate it from its contemporaries in the shooter and battle royale genres slot nicely into the rest of the Nintendo characters in the game. Notably, Fortnite isn't just about the guns! As mentioned before, the Recruit could have building mechanics, but they could also lay down traps, use explosive projectiles, inflict status effects, and even whack opposing fighters with their starting pickaxe as a melee weapon. Lots of potential here for a game that once caused Amogus-level brainrot in all of us. Don't even get me started on how cool the stage could be.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Commander Shepard

Commander Shepard is the main character of the Mass Effect franchise. Mass Effect and Bioware's games in general are some of the most influential Western RPGs helping define the genre.

Now you may be saying "Commander Shepard is a western gun wielder" and while they would use guns they also have a wide variety of Biotic and Tech abilities in addition to their weaponry. They can even get up close and personal with their Omni-blade. Who knows maybe the Normandy's crew could even show up. as Mass Effect has a large focus on squad tactics. There is also the morality system

In terms of Nintendo

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Joanna Dark (Perfect Dark)

1653009687134.png

Joanna Dark is the main character of the Perfect Dark series, a classic N64 Rare series. The game received critical acclaim for its gameplay and has been well beloved by many gamers as a spiritual successor to Goldeneye 007. Joanna would be a great pick for Infinite as another Rare classic rep alongside Banjo and Kazooie, albeit from a completely different genre.

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Commander Shepard

Commander Shepard is the main character of the Mass Effect franchise. Mass Effect and Bioware's games in general are some of the most influential Western RPGs helping define the genre.

Now you may be saying "Commander Shepard is a western gun wielder" and while they would use guns they also have a wide variety of Biotic and Tech abilities in addition to their weaponry. They can even get up close and personal with their Omni-blade. Who knows maybe the Normandy's crew could even show up. as Mass Effect has a large focus on squad tactics.

In terms of Nintendo

Shoot I submitted the Presidium stage how'd I forget this one

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I mean what's the wrong thing with that, if we can have two swords, why not two guns?
Well, there's gonna be a bit more overlap in this case, especislly given they're both Western. I'm still debating if I'm gonna submit, but I feel we need a bit more diversity in this case.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
We only just started and most of the submissions are gun users...
I mean, we were recommended against sword users, guns just happen to be one of the more popular weapons in games as an alternative to swords. (Also this being a western rep, with shooters making up a larger portion of the western picks compared to the Japanese picks).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom