• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Following this job, we will be submitting music for the winning stage so please keep that in mind. That being said, following the music submissions, we will be starting our next to last pack (not chronoigically).

This character will be of Western origin. So I want to hear your opinions, should we keep the prompt open or should we narrow it down?

Please keep in mind:
  • Ratchet can cycle between weapons which, technically, would work in the same way as an FPS fighter
  • We have two sword users
  • One fighter
  • No girls so far
  • No one who uses fists
  • Platformer, Fighting, Adventure, and RPG are represented
Based on that, what do you think is a desirable prompt? General submissions OR something more focused?
Using this criteria these are the first 3 characters that I thought of

Jaina from Warcraft
Cadence from Crypt Of The Necrodancer
Monika from Doki Doki Literature Club

No I don't know why these were the first 3 I thought of

Honestly, I think keeping the prompt open with the only rules being the ones above could be neat.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Figured out the perfect character: Manny Calavera from Grim Fandango

• He's western, made by LucasArts
  • He's from a point-and-click adventure game, one that's considered one of the greatest of all time
  • He has a scythe, not a sword
  • His moveset could feel like a point-and-click adventure in and of itself without the need for a gimmick.
  • Is one fighter.
Real question how a point and click would work in Smash?, You don't control the character but a mystical cursor?

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Real question how a point and click would work in Smash?, You don't control the character but a mystical cursor?
Well, here's the thing: usually point-and-click adventure games are about puzzles. You explore the map in search of items that allow you to solve puzzles that advance the story. Perhaps Manny has an inventory of items like the RE folks that he can use against foes? And unlike with the RE folks, his items would be random everyday items and not guns and herbs.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
I still think Infinite should have an edutainment rep of some form. The top candidates are Carmen San Diego (who did start off as a video game character), Freddi Fish or any Humongous Entertainment character, a JumpStart character, Pal (the V.Smile mascot), even Zayzoo, etc. Definitely could be an out-of-left-field pick for sure here.

Last edited:

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
Figured out the perfect character: Manny Calavera from Grim Fandango

• He's western, made by LucasArts
  • He's from a point-and-click adventure game, one that's considered one of the greatest of all time
  • He has a scythe, not a sword
  • His moveset could feel like a point-and-click adventure in and of itself without the need for a gimmick.
  • Is one fighter.
How about Guybrush Threepwood from Monkey IslandTM? Would work as a shill pick, considering that (I'm DEAD serious with all of this):
  1. Return to Monkey Island was recently announced the last month and is releasing this year. And that's quite a big deal, since the series is very important to the history of a genre itself overall.
  2. Even before that, some current relevance like:
  3. The series does have history with Japan (the first game and LeChuck's Revenge via SEGA CD & FM Towns respectively) and Nintendo consoles (Tales of Monkey Island on WiiWare).
  4. A iconic (and smart) character, who made multiple cameos in other LucasArts games (Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II & Indiana Jones and The Infernal Machine - he did a Jedi mind trick before 😉 ) and was referenced as a easter egg outside them like Uncharted 4, The Witcher 3 and Tiny Tina's Wonderlands.
  5. A pure pirate rep unlike King K. Rool, like how Takamaru is kind of a ninja (despite being a samurai) compared to Sheik.
  6. Guybrush's moveset would work without making him entirely a swordfighter, though insult swordfighting (known for being one of the most iconic puzzles in a point-and-click adventure genre) deserves a special move on it's own.
  7. Other LucasArts/Lucasfilm Games IPs such as Maniac Mansion/Day of the Tentacle, Full Throttle and Grim Fandango would be implemented as Mii Costumes and Spirits.
  8. Content potential:
  9. Last, but not least: The one and only, Murray the Demonic Talking Skull, accompanying Guybrush in his taunts, like Morgana, Slime and Rex.
"I found the Treasure of Mêlée Island, and all I got was this stupid letter!"

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I feel for our next newcomer, we should do a general "Submit a newcomer from a Western franchise that is from a genre not yet represented in Infinite." There are tons of choices here from Miner Willy, Doomslayer, Carmen San Diego, Freddi Fish, Dirk, etc. Going general would be the best route.
Wouldn't Miner Willy be a Metroidvania rep? I guess we don't have a Metroidvania newcomer at least.

D

Deleted member

Lara could work for a western rep. Plus she's technically not a Sqaure character now. Not rlly a new genre though

Slayer is an obvious pick. Maybe someone from Legaue?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend

1. Shapeshifter, character type Smash has yet to have and negates a need for weapons.
  2. Genre (utility) only has one fighter thus far (Wii Fit Trainer)
  3. Species (anthropomorphic inanimate object) not yet seen in Smash
  4. Not a duo
  5. Familiar to Nintendo fans despite not having any Nintendo releases
  6. Home-grown, non-acquirred Microsoft character
  7. No silver or grey DLC characters yet
  8. Frequently discussed, every time he returns causes some kind of interest
  9. Could bring along some banger tunes and a stage that writes itself

Last edited:
Discussion:
Master Chief (Microsoft)
1652882210792.png

1. Western character (He was made by Bungie for Microsoft, American company)
2. Has a sword and he uses his fists, but his most of his arsenal is basically guns or rifles, so we count is as non-sword/fist user.
3. He comes from FPS games, unrepresented genre in the game.
4. He may not appear on Nintendo consoles, but if Ratchet appeared in roster, so he does Chief.
5. He is one of most requested 3rd party fighters for smash.
6. He is not a duo fighter, but solo one.
7. He has moveset potential due to huge amount of guns, which it speaks for itself (Also other animations like taunts would work well)
8. He would be gimmicky fighter that his gimmick would be faithful to his home series.
9. Also he has cool soundtrack that realy should be represented in the game (Notorious example: Halo: Combat Evolved - Main theme)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My submission:
Master Chief (Microsoft)

View attachment 352804
1. Western character (He was made by Bungie for Microsoft, American company)
2. Has a sword and he uses his fists, but his most of his arsenal is basically guns or rifles, so we count is as non-sword/fist user.
3. He comes from FPS games, unrepresented genre in the game.
4. He may not appear on Nintendo consoles, but if Ratchet appeared in roster, so he does Chief.
5. He is one of most requested 3rd party fighters for smash.
6. He is not a duo fighter, but solo one.
7. He has moveset potential due to huge amount of guns, which it speaks for itself (Also other animations like taunts would work well)
8. He would be gimmicky fighter that his gimmick would be faithful to his home series.
9. Also he has cool soundtrack that realy should be represented in the game (Notorious example: Halo: Combat Evolved - Main theme)
I don't think submissions are open yet. This is just a discussion period

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Alright everyone,

So I took a look through the votes and we have had thirteen votes. That being said, I feel there is a clear winner....

Name3 Votes2 Votes1 VoteTotal
World of Civilization0011
Kagasuchi2 (6)017
The Zoo1 (3)2 (4)07
Battle Bus01 (2)24
SIm's House1 (3)1 (2)27
Aperture Smash Chamber4 (12)3 (6)220
Nuketown2 (6)017
Anor Landor01 (2)13
Rapture04 (8)19
Presidium0000
Hangar1 (3)014
Watchpoint1 (3)1 (2)15

The only stage to get into the double digits was Aperture Smash Chamber which represents Portal as a franchise/universe in Smash. Any Spirits from Portal; ones previously included or included later, can utilize this stage. In addition, we will be opening up:

10 Music Tracks for this stage. When you submit music, only submit two please.

Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario and ivanlerma ivanlerma , you could both submit two tracks? Wario3 for the Mappy stage and Ivanlerma for Winter Sports Events. Obviously, these tracks has to be from these games. Beyond these two new tracks, Mappy will use Pac-Man related music and Winter Sports Events will utilize Mario AND Sonic music.

Lastly, what would Portal's Series Icon be?

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
  1. Still Alive (Crooner Mix)
  2. Your Precious Moon
Just realised anyone can submit for Portal. There's also a Sinatra-style Want You Gone by the same channel as the Still Alive, but it isn't really as energetic as their Still Alive so I'll pass on submitting that. For Precious Moon I just skimmed through random songs until I found one I liked.

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
You know we've passed two indie characters (the game having three total if you count Steve) without Undertale yet and I feel that's sorely remiss. Frisk would be perfect to add, no? Not exactly a fist fighter but would probably unorthodox methods of fighting and maybe even an entirely unique Mercy mechanic. Does hugging count as using your fists :3?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I feel Undertale's rep should be Undyne; Asgore; or Mettaton - Sans isn't that unique moveset wise once you remove his role in the game/fan favourite status, and Frisk's mercy/paths mechanics could get way too complex.

Also, if we added Mettaton, we'd have a fighter directly inspired by the cinema-defining masterpiece A Grand Day Out.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Are we allowed to submit other Valve game Music or are we keeping it to just Portal in case we add a Valve rep at some point?
Since Portal and Half-Life are of the same universe it shouldn't be a crime but I don't make the music rules, forgot what Venus said about shared universes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom