• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
Hm, perhaps I will make my pitch for a Shin Megami Tensei V stage. Not just a destroyed Tokyo but the backdrop to a full on war between God's forces and motherflipping Lucifer.

Yeah SMT goes kind of hard. This is the real deal, the dark prince of the netherworld literally just dips from the sky to take a giant crack of Tokyo out and nearly destroys the entirety of it right after punching God in the face. Imagine fighting atop a fallen building with Tokyo Tower in the distance among countless angels and demons fighting and then just BOOM, this guy pops in.

Spoilers for SMT V, some context for the stage:
Specifically, the destroyed Tokyo is known as "Da'at." It is what remains of Tokyo after a giant war between divinities occurs. There are some survivors however and by God's blessing, he recreates Tokyo in a Matrix style world where everyone is kept safe from the horrors. The demons in Da'at however seem to slowly be seeping into the fragile bubble of a false paradise forcing the Japanese branch of a worldwide organization known as Bethel to step in to stop them. However, as with most SMT games, the angels are not necessarily good guys. They prioritize order against all costs. The angels will kill demons even if it means humans must be sacrificed. The forces of chaos led by Lucifer eager to free humanity from their chains and create a free society.
unrelated but this has been my PC wallpaper ever since I've reached this scene in the game LOL

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
How far are you in btw? I'm playing at a snail's pace but I just reached Da'at 3 and did a Black Frost side quest. Hee ho supremacy.
superboss spoilers, also vague ending stuff (but not really?)

defeated shiva and finally about to reach the true neutral ending after not liking the OTHER neutral ending

I actually sided with Dionysus for that one but it was on accident LOL, a simple misclick...

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I don't have much stake in the matter, but I will say that Persona and SMT are basically separate series at this point. It's kinda like Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy; They share some spells and sometimes they share characters, but in the case of the Atlus games, it's just some enemies and not major individuals like Cloud and Sephiroth. Sure, SMT has some Spirits and enemies, but it's not really that much more than Hades. I'd say both would be pretty new.

That said I have been eyeing Hades for a while. Regardless of who gets added, maybe I'll actually make good on that interest soon.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Never played either game and they both look subpar to me :x
Pokémon is really the only monster collector I like and Nahobino’s design doesn’t hook me in. Hades on the other hand just doesn’t really interest me asi dislike the art style and I don’t like rogue like-games.

That being said, Destroyed Tokyo seems far more interesting than Palace of Hades. That’s bias though as anything with Tokyo in it makes it great.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I feel like Nahobino and SMT in general could be submitted for a wider range of possible upcoming prompts than Hades. SMT kinda neatly fits the view of DLC we’ve come to expect since Ultimate whereas Zagreus would reinvigorate speculation like Joker himself did, so I feel like the former is more suited for a job down the line given SMT’s noteriety and the latter would be now-or-never at the season’s opening. Question is, do we take the gamble and trust that SMT will come through later?

D

Deleted member

I think both have their merits. One is a legacy JRPG seires and one is a recent indie darling. Despite both being sprawling games that deal with demons and mythology, I feel they both take the pass in different directions. I really don't mind who wins here.

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
Here are some jarring comparisons between the two games.

Persephone.jpg

SMT Persephone
  • Badass demonic design representing her ties between visiting her mother and hades.
  • Torn in half and still just vibes eating pomegranates.
  • Will probably tear you in half too.
Persephone_Portrait.png

Hades Persephone
  • Literally just a normal woman.
  • "Pweez Zagweeus pweez come back to me everyone once in a while 🥺🥺"
  • Could not tear you in half.

SMT Demeter
  • Literally added as waifu bait
  • Innacurate design
  • "Pweez mr. protag-kun, find me de fwuits I need for mr. god 🥺🥺"
Demeter (1).png

Hades Demeter
  • Old and wise, truly emblematic of a mother goddess.
  • Gives and takes away bountiful harvest as she pleases.
  • Don't F with this goddess girlboss.

Attachments

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I feel like Nahobino and SMT in general could be submitted for a wider range of possible upcoming prompts than Hades. SMT kinda neatly fits the view of DLC we’ve come to expect since Ultimate whereas Zagreus would reinvigorate speculation like Joker himself did, so I feel like the former is more suited for a job down the line given SMT’s noteriety and the latter would be now-or-never at the season’s opening. Question is, do we take the gamble and trust that SMT will come through later?
There you go. Both could get in, but this is Zag's only chance. Vote for him.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
And the results are in! The leadership felt that we had received enough votes to clearly show who the winner for our first DLC newcomer. Please remember that this character will be featured as our very first DLC at the Game Awards Show and will start that event off. Following this, the next DLC will be arranged after we decide on which characters to include. This will allow us to adjust the DLC season to be more visually pleasing.

NamePoints
Nahobino9
Zagreus12

With that, our first DLC character has finally been decided!!!

Thank you for everyone for submitting and voting! As we move into our first DLC season, we are eager to see what we come up with and include! This experience should feel far more different than what we were doing before!

Zagreus
Of all of the games in Infinite, Hades is one I know zero about but I also know zero about SMT. That being said, Hades and Zagreus is quite notable for its rogue-like play and winning numerous awards such as Best Indie and Action Game at the Game Awards 2020, nominated for Best Game in 2020, as well as the nominated for many other categories as well. The game is developed by indie developer Supergiant and has gone onto become a critical success but one that doesn't have much a foreseeable future.

In terms of what this means for the rest of the pack, adding Zagreus means we won't be adding the following categories/types into our first Season DLC
  • A Western Character
  • Roguelike Franchise
  • Another Supergiant newcomer
  • Another Indie rep
  • A character loosely based on Hell/Hades/Afterlife/Undead/etc
  • A Dark Red Themed Character (Color Theory)
This is in order to keep the season pack looking fresh and diverse. Now, the ? mark around Western Character is due to it not being entitely decided upon. The leadership team will be discussing more about this at a later date.

You are free to put things in inline spoilers or spoiler tags but within the next hour or so, we will move discussion to what sort of content we could incorporate into this DLC Pack. Remember that Infinite DLC Bundles will contain the following content:

• An unique title for that Bundle
  • New Fighter
  • New Stage
  • Music
  • Spirit/Spirit Board
  • Master Spirit
  • SmashSpace Content
    • Plus two additional content which could be:
      • An Assist Trophy
      • An Item
      • A Smash Dungeon location
      • A Smash Dungeon Enemy
      • A Boss that appears in more than one mode
      • A Masterpiece
We will be discussing what to include as well as the newcomer themselves within the next hour or so.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
A Dark Red Themed Character (Color Theory)
Errr, alright then

This is in order to keep the season pack looking fresh and diverse. Now, the ? mark around Western Character is due to it not being entitely decided upon. The leadership team will be discussing more about this at a later date.
No no, don’t be shy. We’ve got a western character now, no need for any other. Gotta keep it fresh.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Nice job for getting Zagreus into Smash Bros! I've already got a lot of ideas brewing in how he'd play! As for the stage, I think we could serve to go for something that's not entirely obvious like Theseus and Asterius's Arena. I mean, we all thought Traverse Town was gonna be Sora's stage in Ultimate, but nope! We got Hollow Bastion instead! Don't get me wrong, it's a good choice, but it's a much different choice from what was generally agreed on. As for the moveset, for some reason, I imagine Zagreus transplanting some parts of Hero's Down B for his gimmick, since I felt like the major RNG part of that move felt more suited for a Roguelike character than a turn-based RPG character.

D

Deleted member

Don't know a lot about Hades but I'm glad he got in. No more western characters is pretty huge but will maybe help us narrow down the pass.

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
Last edited:
R.O.B was a toy first.
ROB was NES Video Game Peripheral, which he could control blocks in Games like Gyromite and he had relation with Video Games and Nintendo/Super Smash Bros.
But Segata Sanshiro is a Non-VG Commercial character that only beated up Non-Sega Saturn kids and he doesn't have a relation with Nintendo to join Smash.

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
Hades won, nice.

I'm gonna do some content for this pack, got a lot of ideas running through my head (in all respect, would've done the same for Nahobino). I'm for the idea of Zagreus' down special (or shield special, still brainstorming over here) being a randomized boon selection, as it completely visualizes the gameplay of Hades' randomized dungeons. I've got a pretty good idea of how he should play, and I'm looking forward to presenting it here soon.

Also, Hades has a lot to pull from, can't wait for the other jobs like Assist Trophy, stage and music. That's gonna be fun.

Anyways have a comically large Theseus.

Theseus.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom