• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
King Boo's Classic Mode: From The Grave

Theme: Villainous characters who have died or passed into a death equivalent state but were later revived.

RoundFighterStageMusicReference
1.GanondorfGerudo ValleyThe Dark World (Brawl)Ganondorf's continuous cycle of reincarnation in the Zelda series.
2.Giant Ridley (Alt 2)NorfairVs. Meta RidleyMeta Ridley is a revived cybernetic form of Ridley.
3.MedusaMurasame CastleKid Icarus Retro MelodyHades routinely revives Medusa to use as his servant.
4.Zombie Team x8Minecraft World (Plains)Clockwork CrafterZombies, self explanatory.
5.KazuyaMishima DojoKazuya Mishima, Devil KazuyaKazuya was thrown off of a cliff by Heihachi in Tekken 2 and was later brought back by his devil gene. It was also the devil gene that let him survive the first cliff fall.
6.Mii Swordfighter Team x3,
Sephiroth
MidgarOne-Wined Angel (Advent)Sephiroth comes back in some form in Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children. The Mii Swordfighters represent Kadaj, Loz and Yazoo, the remnants of Sephiroth's spirit that let him come back to the living world.
BonusBreak the Target
FinalDraculaDracula's Castle (Boss version)Phase 1: Nothing to Lose
Phase 2: Black Night
Dracula like Ganondorf is routinely revived but strictly every 100 years and is the main enemy of the Belmont clan.

Last edited:

Caryslan

Smash Apprentice
Developer Suggestion Character: Takamaru from The Mysterious Murasame Castle
View attachment 297171

Takamaru has kept up a notable fan following in the Smash community for a long time now, especially in the Smash 4 days. His game is no longer Japan-exclusive since the last known time he was considered, acclaimed Japanese game devs have given it their blessing and expressed interest in a revival, and it's one of the few "dead" Nintendo IPs with the distinction of continuing to be given little nods outside of Smash to this day, indicating that they still have the character on their minds to some degree.

In terms of gameplay, Takamaru would bring with him a completely new character archetype: the samurai. Additionally, reflecting on his original game's nature of always being on the move and dodging enemy attacks, he would be a quick, nimble and responsive fighter, his repertoire also putting emphasis on projectiles such as shuriken, pinwheel knives and fireballs in addition to physical attacks with his katana.

did I do it right
A bit late in my reply, but I like your idea for Takamaru. He's one of my most wanted picks, and I love his game of origin. I picked it up on my 2DS!

The one thing I would add to his kit would be the ability to deflect projectiles with a swing of his sword. It would not be a true reflector nor would it erase them like some fighters can do like Marth when his sword hits Mario's fireballs.

I would add an animation of the projectile being deflected away like in his home games. It would add an interesting element to his gameplay and is not really something we have seen yet in Smash.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Thanks everyone! So we will be closing King Boo submissions. Some people have asked when when they ghastly king is getting revealed. We are little over a week of the game getting launched. The character will be revealed during a special live announcement including additional content that will be revealed on December 1st. There will be an upcoming job detailing that which we will be submitting tonight. The timing is a bit off but should work itself out.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Actually, I have time now to announce our evening job. That way we can get a head start. I wanted to elaborate a bit on our DLC pathway but I can do that tomorrow.

On December 1st, we will be announcing King Boo. Due to development, the character will be made available on December 25th, the day of Christmas. However, registering and unlock the character before then will help you automatically get the character when he is released.

Job #223: Submit a Promotional Mii Costume for our Smash Season 1

The Leadership Team has decided to follow a similar pathway to DLC as Ultinate which includes Fighter’s Passes or, for Infinite, Smash Seasons. These seasons will be composed of numerous content including fighters, stages, costumes, and more. We will reveal the exact number of seasons and how many characters you can expect per season on a later date. Much like Rex and the Ancient Armor, purchasing the full season pass will grant you access to a promotional Mii Costume. This Mii costume will only be available in this manner.

The Mii Costume can’t be from a current content that’s already in the game so, sorry, we can’t have Mii Costumes of Felix, Muddy Mole, or Eggplant Wizard. That being said, the Mii Costume can be based on a current Spirit; much like how Rex was. It can be from a series that doesn’t have a fighter or stage rep; meaning a series that’s not repped at all in Smash.

IT MUST BE FROM A FIRST PARTY SERIES

As always, please explain the what Mii Fighter it’s for and if it changes the style of weapon at all. In addition, please provide a brief explanation on why this costume deserves or should to be included as a promotional Mii costume.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Resubbing GameCube
My turkey submission is missing.

1. Pizza
2. Turkey
(pickle)

WTF costume:
GameCube and GameCube logo mask
View attachment 318568

Was originally going to submit Bubsy, and he would be my first vote if someone else submitted him - even if we didn't have the second-or-third only rule - but I went with this instead.

The drawing says it all. The GameCube would have alternate colours based on the Mii's chosen colour. The GameCube logo mask would completely replace your Mii's head with a floating GameCube logo, so you can fully immerse yourself in the idea of playing as a GameCube that has it's logo flying above it, or you can surgically remove Shantae's head and replace it with a GameCube logo, I won't kinkshame. The GameCube logo would be a 2D image and constantly face the screen (mostly because the GC logo's side view is unflattering to say the least)

No matter which colour you use the controllers will be the same: a row of indigo, black, white, and orange. Most Mii colours default to indigo as a console colour, so only a few are supported, those are:

Black

White:

Orange:

Both blues: (Tales of branding removed)

Red or Brown: (MTV branding removed)

Green (MTV branding removed)
Since the passes will likely be purchased by die-hard fans, it makes sense to make the bonus costume Nintendo-themed.

Season 1 Costumes:
Mach Rider (Gunner)(Resubmittion)

The Mach Rider Mii Costume would consist of Mach Rider Helmet and Mach Rider Outfit along with his Gun as blaster skin.
The Helmet of Mach Rider resembles Mach Rider's helmet from Smash Melee version. The visor is slighty transparent due to being black or Chromatic.
The Outfit of Mach Rider Costume also resembles Melee version. The outfit has similarties to Melee Design, but it has some details from NES Incarnation. It has also gun taken from NES Mach Rider version.

The Color of Outfit depends on what color does you Mii have:
Example:
White Mach Rider costume: Lighter colors like Yellow, White or Light green.
Black Mach Rider costume: Blue, Purple or Black.
The is also small change that the Stripes on Mach Rider costume will also change colors like Green or Red.

I nominate Mach Rider Mii costume, because it could be Retro character costume that could represent Mach Rider in sort of Mii costume. it could perfectly fit into game, since the Season 1's theme could be Retro and Mach Rider as costume could be fitting for the theme and aesthetic. Since he never appeared physically ever again since his Trophy appearance, he could reappear as 3D in form of Mii Gunner Costume. The inclusion of costume based on Legendary Hero of 80's could bring Mach Rider fans here and possibly people, who left Smash Community long ago.

That's everything I said about inclusion of Mach Rider Mii Gunner Costume.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Job 223:
Foreman_Spike_(Mario_Character_Encyclopedia).png

Foreman Spike (Swordfighter):
For those who have purchased the Infinite First Season Bundle, players will have access to the Mii Swordfighter of Foreman Spike from Wrecking Crew. While it is majorly based on the above, it's actually made as a means to promote the Mario movie, and will take some cues from his portrayal by Sebastian Maniscalco. The headgear will be consisting of his helmet and sunglasses, while his costume will consist of yellow overalls with a cream shirt and white gloves holding a hammer the costume uses as a sword.

I believe Foreman Spike should be at least a costume because going from Nintendo's point of view it would make sense for them to have something to promote the Mario movie. Plus, the guy hasn't had a major role in a Mario game since Wrecking Crew. If Illumination thought he was important enough to bring back for the movie, than Nintendo can damn well make a costume for this dude.

Last edited:

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Job 223: Petey Piranha (Brawler)

Petey Piranha is a special kind of Piranha Plant that debuted in Super Mario Sunshine. Although Petey doesn't appear in mainline Mario titles anymore, he still appears in the spinoff titles. Considering how he was King Boo's partner in Mario Kart Double Dash, he makes sense to appear as a Mii costume. It's kind of hard to describe how the costume would look, so I made a mockup of how it would probably look like:
F4ED0D67-5F49-47A8-BA01-5615B8B41A1A.jpeg

Petey's head is the headpiece, with the Mii's face appearing in the mouth. The rest is self-explanatory.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

Petey Piranha is a special kind of Piranha Plant that debuted in Super Mario Sunshine. Although Petey doesn't appear in mainline Mario titles anymore, he still appears in the spinoff titles. Considering how he was King Boo's partner in Mario Kart Double Dash, he makes sense to appear as a Mii costume. It's kind of hard to describe how the costume would look, so I made a mockup of how it would probably look like:
View attachment 339270
Petey's head is the headpiece, with the Mii's face appearing in the mouth. The rest is self-explanatory.
This is iffy if best as I stated that we won’t be accepting costumes based on existing elements such as characters and assist trophies. Petey Piranha is technically present via Plants FS.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Perhaps this is just me, but I'm really sure I can visualize a "titan" mii working to the same degree as the other classes. The others still have a standard mii as the base character, merely holding a different weapon. What we're discussing right know seems to be some sort of Hulk/Zangief type character, which changes the whole build of a mii, to where its no longer a mii, and simply a customizable character named mii.
View attachment 321072
vs.
View attachment 321070
If we make some fat bulky titan mii, It would really only be a mii in face and name only, based on the descriptions I'm hearing at least. Not to mention that the heavy characters in smash don't exactly have a consistent weapon/playstyle beyond being heavy to be represented with this mii.​
I kinda had a similar idea for Mii Fighters.

I was thinking of splitting the original 3 fighters into two versions.

Mi Brawler > Mii Grappler
Mii Swordfighter > Mii Sword & Shield
Mii Gunner > Mii Mage

Each with different playstyles and attributes.

What do you think?

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

Almost a near Deluxe Costume but the mouth opens up to reveal the Mii’s head encased. This would be a Mii Gunner with Slippy utilizing a blaster. As a side bonus, quickly inputting down on the taunt on a Star Fox stage would open up the SF codec much like the Spacies. This only works for the Slippy costume.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Dark Matter Outfit (Swordfighter)
1638378115148.png

This would compose of the Dark Matter Helm and the Dark Matter Cloak. The Dark Matter Cloak has shadowy tendrils where limbs usually are, and the Helmet visor cracks above 115%, revealing a more traditional Dark Matter Eye..

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here are the submissions for the Promotional Mii Costume!!

Resubbing GameCube

Since the passes will likely be purchased by die-hard fans, it makes sense to make the bonus costume Nintendo-themed.
Season 1 Costumes:
Mach Rider (Gunner)(Resubmittion)

The Mach Rider Mii Costume would consist of Mach Rider Helmet and Mach Rider Outfit along with his Gun as blaster skin.
The Helmet of Mach Rider resembles Mach Rider's helmet from Smash Melee version. The visor is slighty transparent due to being black or Chromatic.
The Outfit of Mach Rider Costume also resembles Melee version. The outfit has similarties to Melee Design, but it has some details from NES Incarnation. It has also gun taken from NES Mach Rider version.

The Color of Outfit depends on what color does you Mii have:
Example:
White Mach Rider costume: Lighter colors like Yellow, White or Light green.
Black Mach Rider costume: Blue, Purple or Black.
The is also small change that the Stripes on Mach Rider costume will also change colors like Green or Red.

I nominate Mach Rider Mii costume, because it could be Retro character costume that could represent Mach Rider in sort of Mii costume. it could perfectly fit into game, since the Season 1's theme could be Retro and Mach Rider as costume could be fitting for the theme and aesthetic. Since he never appeared physically ever again since his Trophy appearance, he could reappear as 3D in form of Mii Gunner Costume. The inclusion of costume based on Legendary Hero of 80's could bring Mach Rider fans here and possibly people, who left Smash Community long ago.

That's everything I said about inclusion of Mach Rider Mii Gunner Costume.
Job 223:
View attachment 339266
Foreman Spike (Swordfighter):
For those who have purchased the Infinite First Season Bundle, players will have access to the Mii Swordfighter of Foreman Spike from Wrecking Crew. While it is majorly based on the above, it's actually made as a means to promote the Mario movie, and will take some cues from his portrayal by Sebastian Maniscalco. The headgear will be consisting of his helmet and sunglasses, while his costume will consist of yellow overalls with a cream shirt and white gloves holding a hammer the costume uses as a sword.

I believe Foreman Spike should be at least a costume because going from Nintendo's point of view it would make sense for them to have something to promote the Mario movie. Plus, the guy hasn't had a major role in a Mario game since Wrecking Crew. If Illumination thought he was important enough to bring back for the movie, than Nintendo can damn well make a costume for this dude.

View attachment 339270
Mii Costume: GolurkView attachment 339280
This Pokémon will be a Mii brawler Costume
Job 123:
Legends Arcues Trainer Costume - Mii Brawler

Almost a near Deluxe Costume but the mouth opens up to reveal the Mii’s head encased. This would be a Mii Gunner with Slippy utilizing a blaster. As a side bonus, quickly inputting down on the taunt on a Star Fox stage would open up the SF codec much like the Spacies. This only works for the Slippy costume.
Dark Matter Outfit (Swordfighter)
View attachment 339315
This would compose of the Dark Matter Helm and the Dark Matter Cloak. The Dark Matter Cloak has shadowy tendrils where limbs usually are, and the Helmet visor cracks above 115%, revealing a more traditional Dark Matter Eye..
Job 123:
Legends Arcues Trainer Costume - Mii Brawler

Here are the submissions in:
  • Gamecube
  • Mach Rider
  • Foreman Spike
  • Petey Piranha
  • Golurk
  • Slippy
  • Dark Matter
  • Hsuian Trainer
PLEASE VOTE HERE

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here are the results of voting!

Name3 Points2 Points1 PointTotal
GC Logo1 (3)1 (2)27
Mach Rider4 (12)3 (6)220
Foreman Spike2 (6)1 (2)311
Petey2 (6)1 (2)210
Golurk01 (2)02
Hsuian Trainer2 (6)3 (6)315
Slippy3 (9)1 (2)213
Dark Matter02 (4)04

Based on the voting, Mach Rider will be a promotional Mii Fighter costume!! This costume will represent the Mach Rider series.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
But I submitted a GameCube costume with a GameCube logo hat, not just a GameCube logo hat - that's an important distinction that could heavily effect votes for people who didn't read the posts.
Considering that Mach Rider nabbed 20 votes, I’m pretty sure redoing the votes again with a GameCube costume wont heavily affect the votes

Mach Rider is the clear winner. I don’t want to redo the voting process again cause of an insignificant technicality that amount to much.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Considering that Mach Rider nabbed 20 votes, I’m pretty sure redoing the votes again with a GameCube costume will heavidly affect the votes

Mach Rider is the clear winner. I don’t want to redo the voting process again cause of an insignificant technicality that amount to much.
I am aware that GC wouldn't have won either way, but I feel somewhat demeaned by the mistake, and want to make it clear as I do plan to resubmit this costume in future

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So one thing I forgot to include before we launched the game was the inclusion of older content. The Leadership team decided to include content introduced in Ultimate by default which doesn’t include third party DLC content. That being said, most if not all first party DLC Mii Costumes made it in as launch costumes.

So we will deciding on the following Brawl/4 content…
  1. Mii Costumes
  2. Pokemon
  3. Assist Trophies
  4. Ultimate DLC Mii Costumes
  5. Smash Run Enemies for Smash Dungeon

This is lengthy so please set aside some time to work on it if are able to.

Please go here to vote

GolisoPower

Smash Master
So one thing I forgot to include before we launched the game was the inclusion of older content. The Leadership team decided to include content introduced in Ultimate by default which doesn’t include third party DLC content. That being said, most if not all first party DLC Mii Costumes made it in as launch costumes.

So we will deciding on the following Brawl/4 content…
  1. Mii Costumes
  2. Pokemon
  3. Assist Trophies
  4. Ultimate DLC Mii Costumes
  5. Smash Run Enemies for Smash Dungeon

This is lengthy so please set aside some time to work on it if are able to.

Please go here to vote
Yo, everything except for the Ultimate DLC costumes are using the wrong selection process. Just wanna let you know.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Yo, everything except for the Ultimate DLC costumes are using the wrong selection process. Just wanna let you know.
That’s intended. You are selecting a number of older content to include into the game while the Iltimate dlc costumes is decide to wether include in Launch, include as later DlC, or to not include into the game as DLC costumes.

The Jill & Drill Dozer AT is missing, and probably a few others too
That form has been glitching up and removing things randomly. I remember adding it in and then it got removed. Not sure why. She’s added back in there. If it gets removed again, let me know and I’ll look through it. Anything else that is missing has been included in the game already I believe.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
That’s intended. You are selecting a number of older content to include into the game while the Iltimate dlc costumes is decide to wether include in Launch, include as later DlC, or to not include into the game as DLC costumes.
Ah. I see. In any case, the old Mii Costumes section says "Select 30" when it's only 20 options to pick from.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Announcing Smash Infinite’s DLC Roadmap

Smash Infinite will begin gearing up for its DLC phase which means more sporadic jobs that span out to ensure the thread remains active and involved. We will be insituting a DLC roadmap similar in execution to both Smash 4 and Ultimate but with more emphasis on the universe that is being included rather than the fighter.

Here is how our DLC will function:

Smash Infinite will have Smash Seasons. Seasons can be seen as Fighter’s Passes but will have content included that’s not solely dedicated to that fighter. Within each Smash Season will be a number of bundles which will feature a number of content including a fighter, stage, Spirits, music, and depending on the bundle, additional content such as Items, Assist Trophies, Bosses, and more. Included in the Season Pass but also available out of it is other content like Mii Costumes, SmashSpace Content, and more.

Purchasing a Season Pass will allow access to all the content available for that Season plus the Mach Rider costume. The cost for each Season Pass costs roughly $45-50 dollars but will include access to the Mii Fighter costumes. For those who don’t purchase or download the content within the Season Pass once a Season concludes, they can exchange that for in-game gold, Spirits, and other content. This is called a SmashBack. SmashBack allows players who purchase a Season Pass to forgo downloading or owning content they don’t approve of and, in exchange, converting that to in-game content. Players can return the content they download in the Season Pass within the week they initially download it.

To further prevent players from abusing the system, they are able to take a new character for a spin via Trial Periods. This will occur three days before said character launches. This will allow players to participate in Vs matches utilizing this character. That being said, this is available for those who purchase a Season Pass as well as those who don’t. Of course, people can purchase content individually without getting a Season Pass.

The First Season Pass will feature four total characters which will be entirely third party. We will be indicating the prompt for the first dlc fighter at a much later date as we get our plans lined up. We will be far more focused with our content due to the nature of our DLC.

Now, in terms of what’s availiable in the Smash Seasons, we will see a simile formula to what’s in Ultimate but more content than previous with, as mentioned before, a focus on the universe rather than the fighter. These “packs” are called Bundles.

While for short-hand purposes, we will call these Bundles based on the franchise they feature (Tekken Bundle, Banjo-Kazooie Bundle, etc). However, we will officially be creating names for these bundles based on the franchise. So a Persona Bundle could be called “Never Saw it Coming” Bundle or SNK Bundle would be called “Shatter All Expectations”. We feel these names for bundles creates a sense of unity, chi heaviness, and personality to the bundle.

As mentioned above, content can be purchased individually without purchasing a Season Pass. While 45-50 is steep for a single pass, it allows access to all the content at once at a flat fee and is easily the more cheaper option than purchasing all of the content that’s available. Of course, that’s if you are a completionist. That being said, individually purchasing things would be the cheaper route for those who don’t intend to have all of the content.

Individual content is restricted but not limited to characters, stages, Mii costumes, Game modes, SmashSpace, etc. Spirit Boards, Music, Dungeons, and additional content relating to that series will be accessible only via downloading the entirety of that Bundle.

You can expect DLC related prompts within the coming weeks.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
The FNAF(Other Horror) And First Person Shooter Rep were teased but didn't make it to the main roster, maybe this will be their chance.

Also, I'll be rooting for Shadow the next we do another 3rd party or SEGA job.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
The FNAF(Other Horror) And First Person Shooter Rep were teased but didn't make it to the main roster, maybe this will be their chance.

Also, I'll be rooting for Shadow the next we do another 3rd party or SEGA job.
I have yet to authorize the previous Assist Trophies that we voted in but Shadow is for sure coming back as an Assist thus rendered ineligible for future submissions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom