• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Please tell me those reasons, I am open for a debate and I am open to losing it - however, you and the rest of the thread have not managed to sway my opinions on Arwing thus far.
I explained it fairly clearly earlier. Its mechanics would be far too broken and unrealizable. Arwings are far too large and slimming them done for fighting aside from platforms would be ridiculous. It wouldn’t make sense as a fighter. The whole cockpit thing. Krook mentioned how the Spacies do most of what the Arwing could do in their movesets. Not to mention that there are other discrepancies such as Arwing appearing on stages already plus the Fox/Falco Final Smashes which could confuse people. I already devoted way too much time debating something that’s not worth debating. I am sorry but I simply don’t have the time to sit down and do a back and forth on this. I’m saying Arwings are ineglible. If you want to submit something else, that’s fine. If you don’t, that’s fine. I’m not trying to be mean but I’m trying to set standards, standards I expect people to follow to an extent as we head into DLC territory. Especially since I will possibly be leaving the project in the near future.

It’s not about “well, it probably won’t get any votes” but “we need to set a boundary for what’s permissible“ as to avoid situations where the winner was a complete “what the ****”bin the bad way. Like Marin.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I explained it fairly clearly earlier. Its mechanics would be far too broken and unrealizable. Arwings are far too large and slimming them done for fighting aside from platforms would be ridiculous. It wouldn’t make sense as a fighter. The whole cockpit thing. Krook mentioned how the Spacies do most of what the Arwing could do in their movesets. Not to mention that there are other discrepancies such as Arwing appearing on stages already plus the Fox/Falco Final Smashes which could confuse people. I already devoted way too much time debating something that’s not worth debating. I am sorry but I simply don’t have the time to sit down and do a back and forth on this. I’m saying Arwings are ineglible. If you want to submit something else, that’s fine. If you don’t, that’s fine. I’m not trying to be mean but I’m trying to set standards, standards I expect people to follow to an extent as we head into DLC territory.
  1. What makes a platform different from a fighter? Corneria isn't a reverse-Pikmin kaiju stage, it is just the Great Fox in its regular size.
  2. What do you mean by "too broken?" - is this about unlimited flight? Because you know we can just not let it fly unlimited, right? Give it 8 floaty jumps, give it a Brawl glide like Steve, give it a fuel system, there's a lot of ways to make it work without giving it unlimited aerodynamics.
  3. We don't need a cockpit pilot, they can be covered up by blue fog and that'd be fine - after all, this is the machine I'm submitting and not the pilot. As I mentioned earlier, if having a pilot is that important, we can make it Super FX style, kinda like Steve, meaning it can't have a pilot
  4. Arwing is not a single character, it is a vehicle that has been built multiple times for multiple pilots. If you're thinking about confusion with the platforms, that is also something a Super FX approach can solve, and if not we could just give it a darker or lighter colour scheme, or even just hope however bigger/smaller we make it compared to the platform would do the work.
  5. Only the reflector is taken from the Arwing, the blaster originates from SF64 multiplayer and everything else is loosely based on things the Arwing has done, not things it frequently does. The "body" shape and mobility difference alone justifies Arwing seperate from Fox/Falco.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Actually Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario ,

Let’s do this instead of throwing stuff back and forth. Put forth a write up for Arwing and really try to sell it. I’ll consult with the Leadership team as well as the thread once you put it out. Along with that, you can also do a secondary submission in case we veto the Arwing. I know this creates more work for you but I plan to leave the submissions open for a little while longer than usual. If we veto it, we will go with your second submission. If we go with your Arwing then we will shelf your secondary.

Urilizing the Walker would also sell it quite well.

Also, if I came off as rude, it’s not because of you. I have been having a lot of ****ty stuff happen within a short span of time not to mention on planning curriculums for three new courses and studying for upcoming exams for my job. So I’ve been on edge the whole week. I literally am getting 3-4 hours of sleep per day despite it being fall break because I spend time with the kids all day and then both work my second job and prepare for classes/study until 3 am. I know this not in relevant to anything but I’ve been on edge and stressed. I’ve allowed it to seep into this thread despite trying to not get overwhelmed by everythin.

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
PROMOTIONAL FIGHTER: DOC LOUIS

(I submitted Doc previously but I don't have the energy to fetch my old submission.)
Doc Louis would be pretty neat. He doesn't have a ton of precedent as an opponent in Punch Out (other than the Club Nintendo thing) so you can do a lot with him, and his characterization is pretty clear even just from the NES game. I think having a boxing coach who has seen more exciting days in his own boxing career would be a cool niche to fill. And his design is expressive and simplistic, so even though he isn't the most well-known character of the potential candidates, every player could get a good sense of who he is when selecting him (a big guy who's powerful and energetic yet lighthearted in spirit). And he could have a cool "gimmick" with his chocolate bars-a limited-per-stock healing move that can double as an absorbing attack that triggers a more powerful "Cheetah-print Doc", which would be one of the weaker stance changes at the benefit of lasting for the entire rest of his stock. It doesn't have to work exactly like that, but I'm just throwing potential ideas out there. As for the character on the whole, he'd have a mix of moves that center on his old boxing moves (may of which were likely taught to Mac) and moves that focus on his career as a coach.

Plus, he's just a fun character! He's silly and he's funny and he's layered, ugh he's so cool. Vote for Doc please!

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
starts up campfire

In years past, there was a creation from Nintendo who struck fear and terror into the hearts of players everywhere. A simple accident would summon him INSTANTLY to your player, and leave you both scarred for life. Children everywhere were terrified, and even Nintendo themselves had to warn others of his existance. He may not be a villain per se, but he is more malicious than any you've ever seen. I am, of course speaking of...

Promotional Fighter: Mr. Resetti (Animal Crossing)
300px-Resetti_aF.png

(I spent almost five minutes on that intro, BTW).

Mr. Resetti is an infamous character from the Animal Crossing series, who only appears under a very specific situation: if you reset your game without saving first. Do this, and he will be summoned to TORTURE you! With words. Because mental torture is worst than physical torture, as we all know. Anyway, he very quickly gained infamy in the series for his short advance warning and even shorter temper, until one day, the unexpected happened: New Horizons was released with an autosave function, putting the nightmare of many children out of a job (literally). He may have found a new calling helping with Rescue Services, but deep down he still has that seething anger of a thousand suns... and what better way of satiating it than in Smash?

As you can see, Mr. Resetti wields a pickaxe, which is like a normal axe, except for digging. It also happens to make the PERFECT weapon to bludgeon you're vic-AHEM, I MEAN opponents with, be it the head, the stomach, you name it! It also helps him with his digging: being a mole, he's kinda known for that, and can use it to travel all around the stage (within reason) to put you in your place.

Why Mr. Resetti? Well, honest answer, I can't think of anything better. But an idea came to mind: Mr. Resetti is an infamous part of Animal Crossing's history, and no doubt had an impact on many. If we wanted to go for an oddball, why not someone who's whole schtick is to make you feel bad for resetting your game? Plus, he'd be pretty unique as far as AC reps go, being more of his own character rather than yet another translation of AC's gameplay into Smash.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
wait a second - why isn't Pokemon on the table again? If we're giving Zelda a third shot (which i have no problem with), i feel like giving Pokemon a second wouldn't be too unreasonable. Especially seeing as Grovyle is rather distinct from your average pokemon.

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
wait a second - why isn't Pokemon on the table again? If we're giving Zelda a third shot (which i have no problem with), i feel like giving Pokemon a second wouldn't be too unreasonable. Especially seeing as Grovyle is rather distinct from your average pokemon.
Tbh I'd wait until we see what Legends: Arceus has in store if it has a more marketable new Pokemon or new form... you know because this new timeline is a bit slow on fhe uptake.

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
Unless I missed a post where Venus changed his mind, Zelda is ineligible. Pokemon was also not included due to Grovyle being in the second half of fighters, a Wild Area stage being in base, TPC probably wanting to include surrounding content around a fighter, and saving the later potential for a Legends: Arceus rep.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Promotional Fighter:

Giygas (Earthbound):

We already have a metric ton of villains in Infinite already: Bowser, Ganondorf, Mewtwo, Meta Knight, Wolf, Ridley, King K. Rool, Sephiroth, Kazuya, Waluigi, DJ Octavio, Dr. Eggman, Iori, Dark Samus, Dark Pit, and Medusa. But out of all of them, it's a travesty that we haven't had a single new Earthbound fighter since the Brawl days, and Porky is sadly ineligible, so why not hit two birds with one stone anyway and go with Giygas? Now you probably may have known him from this:
1637718913292.png

A non-physical form that really can't be playable, right? Well, surprise-surprise, turns out he actually does have a physical form:
1637721281048.png

This Mewtwo-like form is taken from his appearance in Mother 1 (Called Earthbound Beginnings here in the West), which predated Earthbound by 6 years. Though we don't see him outside of this capsule-like thing shown, the Devil's Machine, the lore states that he existed without it and that the reason why he was in it in the first place was because he was raised by humans prior to the alien invasion that occurred during the events of Mother 1.

Another reason he should be in is that Giygas can be considered the most powerful villain Nintendo has ever created, and in Smash perhaps his canonical power would surpass even that of Sephiroth's. As for his moveset? Well, I imagine Giygas would be a snowballing disjointed character who builds up power as the battle progresses, and uses powerful psychic abilities to space your opponents and disorient them.

Last edited:

Yiptap

Smash Lord
BUP!
Toad chooses to ex-spore Smash!

Apologies, I've been living my whole life under a mushroom. Who is Toad?
Toad is one of the most abundant species in the Mushroom Kingdom. Toad's are usually Peach's guards (A job they're not very good at), as well as occasionally being hosts for events. And although it's not shown much, Toad has spore producing abilities.

Gah, I tripped on a mushroom! Anyway, how would Toad play?
Toad would be light but have powerful knockback. Most of his attacks would be taken from his spin-off games. Before you mention Waluigi, all of his attacks were limited to Waluigi himself, while Toad could have a moveset that revolves around general abilities in the spinoffs. One of my ideas was having a lot of his moves have to do with the Mario Party Minigames specifically, due to Toad usually being the host. His moves could also pull from the Captain Toad games as well.

Yeeeargh! I accidentally swallowed a mushroom spore! Anyway, why should Toad get in?
Toad has been in the series since the very beginning. He is the only playable character from Super Mario Bros 2, Super Mario 3D World, and Mario Party 10 (Not Unlockable) who isn't in Smash yet. Plus, this is one of the final chances Toad has to get in, since there isn't a lot of misc content Toad can get if he isn't Captain Toad. All in all, Toad is very swag, so be sure to vote for him!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Arwing/Walker

I hate to admit this, but Arwing is really a fighter I'm submitting out of spite. However, I will try to make my argument.

What is an Arwing?
The Arwing is not a character, but rather a machine from the Star Fox series - a fighter spaceship used by team Star Fox. It is an extremely iconic piece of imagey and important part of the franchise's gameplay and lore, being what your eyes are fixed on at all times in most instalments. It shoots a variety of lasers and bombs, and is highly mobile. Importantly for this particular writeup, it also has a "Walker form" featured in the once-unreleased-now-canon Star Fox 2 (which did run on FX Chip, which will be important later) and the recent Star Fox Zero that allows it to walk on land by changing in a Transformer-esque way to have legs

Who is piloting this Arwing?
Nobody! As the Star Fox franchise usually has the Arwing seen from behind there's really no reason from the perspective of "game accuracy" to have the Arwing's pilot visible - and if you insist, we can also use an SNES Super FX Chip Arwing design which inherently cannot have a visible pilot due to a low texture quality. The Super FX Chip design could also counter out concerns about Arwing being both a fighter and a stage platform (Duck Hunt can be both by being 8-bit as a stage hazard and 3D as a fighter for example), additionally since the SNES Star Fox used nonsense Banjo talk instead of VA, we can also imply a pilot without revealing who they are, adding a fun mystery. It can still have a personality in taunts and victory animations without revealing the pilot - stretch the G-Diffusers (wings) to cool off, do cocky flips and tricks, gracefully dodge oncoming fire, so on.

How does the Arwing fight? Can't it just fly off and throw bombs?
While it'd obviously be in Walker mode on land, there are many potential solutions to Arwing's mobility that could still leave it as a formidable air fighter
  • Give it multiple jumps like the winged fighters and balloons
  • Give it a fuel system as opposed to a set amount of jumps
  • Give it a Brawl glide like Steve
  • Just give it a really good recovery and jump height with no gimmicks
A legitimate problem for the Arwing, one I find hard to deny, is that it has no fists to punch with, only legs (which it wouldn't even have in the air) - however, fists aren't the only way to win a fight and the Arwing has a lot of options both in its weapony and general shape. It could loop-de-loop through the air, dive right down, barrel roll with a drill-like tip, overheat the exhaust for a powerful blast, stretch out the G-diffusers to stab in both directions, or bring out the walkers in air for a devistating stomp! Now, the weapons are what really sells the Arwing - Fox, Falco, and Wolf have a reflector and blaster, and both of those would be essential for the Arwing - there are plenty of ways to add variation to the blaster and reflector though, just look at the Spacies' custom moves in 3DS/Wii U, or hell the blaster could just be its jab like Mega Man at expense of a shorter range. The Arwing has a homing system which we could try to impliment, and a hatch to deploy Smart Bombs - Smash has historically gotten creative with Star Fox, so we could also have it deploy other types of weapon and explosive, mostly taken from Assault. It would undoubtedly be a Mega Man-esque Zoner at least. There are lots of laser types in Star Fox so there could be many different unique lasers for the Arwing to use, possibly even an Upgrade system of some sort. (maybe a Supply Ring-related move that charges a meter for example)
9F8FD142-C597-4626-8DDC-9D9E0BFFAC50.jpeg

Would Arwing convince early purchasers?
It's iconic and unlike any fighter Smash has seen before, the mere idea of playing as a fighter spaceship would sell a lot of people on it, be it because it's quirky and unconventional or because it's genuinely cool. Low-poly aesthetics are gaining popularity so if we go FX that's a point for it. Arwing is a vehicle most Smash fans will be familiar with on virtue of appearing in every Star Fox stage in Smash's history (interactable in all except Lylat Cruise, where it's a blink-or-miss-it background element) and even without that factor it is what takes center stage in most Star Fox games' gameplay and promo material. Also, you can fight against fist and sword-fighters using a fighter space jet, what sugar-high action-loving kid wouldn't be tantilised by that wild prospect, Star Fox familiarity or no?

Last edited:

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
Bowser Jr. Alts
Boom Boom (Red)
Pom Pom (Salmon)
Nabbit (Purple)
Sunshine Mask (Navy)
The Boom Boom and Pom Pom renders were found on some weird advertisement riddled png website so credit goes to whoever made them
After a long heated debate, we have our four Jr. alts! Koopa Kid had a decent showing, but other than that the results were pretty conclusive. It seems like there's no solution that would please everyone, but based on the votes these are hopefully the least controversial. Some extra details worth noting are that instead of using the hammer, Boom Boom will use his arms, Pom Pom will use her ninja star, and Masked Jr. will use the paintbrush. Nabbit still uses hammers bc he's a thief.​

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
Bowser Jr. Alts
Boom Boom (Red)
Pom Pom (Salmon)
Nabbit (Purple)
Sunshine Mask (Navy)
The Boom Boom and Pom Pom renders were found on some weird advertisement riddled png website so credit goes to whoever made them
After a long heated debate, we have our four Jr. alts! Koopa Kid had a decent showing, but other than that the results were pretty conclusive. It seems like there's no solution that would please everyone, but based on the votes these are hopefully the least controversial. Some extra details worth noting are that instead of using the hammer, Boom Boom will use his arms, Pom Pom will use her ninja star, and Masked Jr. will use the paintbrush. Nabbit still uses hammers bc he's a thief.​
How's Nabbit gonna breath fire for a taunt?

Promotional Fighter: Katt Monroe (Star Fox)
1637725399921.png

Why Katt?
There's a couple reasons. She has a similar body type to Fox, making her easier to make - and whereas Falco joined Fox's crew, Katt joined with him. She could play as a mix of Fox and Wolf - Fox's speed and agility, but with some of Wolf's claw attacks sprinkled in, as well as her long legs providing extra reach on kick attacks, and her tail as well. She could utilize a sniper rifle as opposed to a blaster, and latch onto people's faces like Diddy (you know, like a cat. or maybe use it as a command grab by combining it with a Phantasm-style special. She could even throw smart bombs. She also carries Falco's cocky attitude.

Katt's never been more relevant to the franchise either, as she's a major member of Team Star Fox in both of the most recent games - Star Fox Zero (where this design comes from) and Star Fox 2, which was officially released for the first time recently.

Katt would make a fine substitute for Krystal, who is ineligible apparently, as both a member of Team Star Fox and a representative of the series as a whole, being that she was created in the original days of the franchise.​

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Promotional character

Ok, so I know this one is breaking the rules, but hear me out on this.

My character is:

Unsafe Wiimote Guy!

Why Unsafe Wiimote Guy?

1. He follows the same path as Piranha Plant for a major WTF pick as the promotional character. And personally I think going that route makes a ton of sense. You probably shouldn't put a serious character in this spot business wise when hyping up the base roster or DLC packs would be better spots for them. Instead putting a fun/silly character just as a bonus does 2 things.

First, it doesn't feel like said character is taking a spot up from someone. Getting a joke character in as DLC feels kinda cheap when everyone knows spots are limited as is, so putting someone like Unsafe Wiimote Guy as a extra surprise doesn't feel like you're shorting anyone in that area. And like I said, it's an add on character nobody really expects to get

2. Well..... he's kinda iconic. Yeah sure, maybe not in the conventional sense that someone like Mario, Kratos, or Master Chief is. But if you asked anyone who grew up with the Wii about the safety screen they would instantly know what you're talking about. They'd very likely remember what it consists of as well, which is a man with a wiimote dangerously swinging it around. If someone saw the gameplay parts of the trailer they'd for sure know who exactly it was. And in the end, that's kinda what matters right? Piranha Plant was chosen due to the fact he was both a very well known character but a goofy enough pick that made it so it not being base or DLC didn't lose them anything(Yes, I know she was meant for the base game but wasn't done in time, there's a reason why Plant was the one pushed back over a Ken or Incineroar though).

In conclusion, while Wiimote Saftey Man doesn't fit the requirements above, I think he absolutely deserves a look. The character is absolutely well known. He's better suited to this spot than anything, where being clever is more rewarded than it would be in the DLC or base game, and the reaction to a major WTF pick would be a lot better this time since we didn't have about 500 deconfirmations happen alongside him. Overall, someone like UWMG is exactly the type of pick Nintendo would make here and should be allowed on the ballots.

EDIT: Didn't realize the actual submission process started yet. I'll add some additional sections though

Moveset:
So, what could UWMG's moveset look like? Well, even though it looks like not a ton, there's actually a lot here to use. You see, his moveset could very easily just make up of all the dangerous **** you could possibly do with a wiimote.

Swinging it without the strap, resulting in an accidental throw? Yep!
Knocking objects over on people? Oh yeah
Swinging the nunchuck like a whip? You know it(come on, we all did this when we were younger)

Spinning the wiimote and nunchuk in the air like a propellor? Using it to grab and trip people? Tying someone's legs with it? Really only your imagination is what's limiting you with this character. There's so many ways to improperly use the wiimote and nunchuck that it's more of indictment on someone for not being able to think of anything than it is anything else.

He can also swing his body around unsafe as well. After all, you're supposed to mind the space your in while playing the wii! Examples of this can be throwing his limbs around wildly, imitating the just dancer while a wild spin-a-roonie, swinging the wiimote like a bat in the wii sports baseball game, uppercutting like you're playing bowling, etc. Once again, there's so much here to look at.

On top of that, you could also use the other Wii attachments and accessories unsafely too! The steering wheel, the zapper, the sensor bar, the microphone, the Wii U game pad, maybe the rockband set. All of these used improperly and unsafely of course.

Last edited:

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
Wait! Why not the B-Dasher from Mario Kart?
View attachment 338653
It's not as WTF as an Arwing, and it's comparatively pretty small, too. I mean, they only seem pretty small if they're driven by, say, Bowser or Donkey Kong. Furthermore, there's some precedent for a playable car in a fighting game before. Just look at this schet!
If it happened before, it can happen again!
Amen, at least Perkilator Perkilator did make a Mario Kart-based moveset before. And we also have :mariocircuit: and Figure-8 Circuit as stages in official Smash installments.

Last edited:

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
How's Nabbit gonna breath fire for a taunt?
the flames will simply be removed. Byleth's Up Taunt is different per gender, and Ike's voice lines change per alt, so there is precedent for edited taunts.

Now that I'm thinking about it Boom Boom and Pom Pom have never been shown to breathe fire either, but I guess they're still koopas.

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
This is the bare minimum for what I can do because I don't know a thing or two about Luigi's Mansion.

King Boo
Brings the scare!

King of the titular Boos and The Big Bad of Luigi's Mansion he lingers no more as he floats his way down to Smash Infinite!

Haven't you heard, the ghost that lived in that Mansion?
King Boo's first appearance was captured in the original Luigi's Mansion as the main antagonist, agitated by E. Gadd for capturing his minion he makes a grand scheme by building a giant mansion to lure in guests specifically the Mario Bros for treating them so poorly in their previous encounter hoping that they get to taste their own medicine. After trapping Mario in the portrait for being too unfortunate to set his foot inside what's left is the younger brother to meet his demise. Unfortunately or fortunately the scared brother finally overcome his fear and fights King Boo head-on equipped with the Poltergust that is rumored to be effective against ghosts even making the King itself tremble on his way to free his brother and rid his presence off of the mansion.

Since then he has somewhat become a mainstay in the Mario world donning two different appearances but he still retains his title and his high-spirited personality that we all know and feared.

How's he more different than a regular boo and a sentient potted plant?
First and foremost he is a unique character despite his appearance as just a bigger variant that has existed before him, just like Bowser he has the title of King for a reason being more powerful, superior, and of course more than just a standard mook, while the boos are just regular enemies being evil nor good King Boo, on the other hand, has been portrayed as the big bad for 3 consecutive games minus the spin-off which make everyone as neutral as possible, this spin-off also gave him more spotlight whether showing him in a playable role or giving him his own board and minigame.

Can he even be hit?
Surprisingly, yes. Despite what the gameplay of Luigi's Mansion tells you the boo species has been depicted to be able to physically interact either being affected by items or just straight up killed, it is where we are shown that they are tangible at all times with one of their traits being they can become freely invisible as well.

While at it the hitbox wouldn't be a problem as well given that King Boo's usual height is the same as either Mario or Bowser and we can make him float closer to the ground just like Sora's and Cloud's dashes.

How is he going to interact?
Admittedly this is where I'm weak at but for those who have played Luigi's Mansion because I haven't knows that he has a lot of attacks that can be pulled either using his tongue or some ghost magic.

Why him?
Restating my point, He is an absolute fan favorite with Luigi's Mansion being a beloved game for many people with the newly released LM3 bringing in more interest to the series since forever. King Boo is a perfect middle point for the series being not too generic to not be forgettable and not too unique to overshadow the game itself given that there's already a stage and a couple of music from the series, while he could be DLC if it weren't for the Mansion already being a stage this wouldn't be a problem but from what I've heard the setting for LM3 has some interesting environment which can be a cool hazards.

King Boo will probably draws in a lot of people "a character that floats and doesn't have legs, how would they play?" is probably going to be the most common question that people asked.​

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Pauline

Mario's original love interest. Pauline was there at the very beginning, making sporadic appearances through the years in games such as the Mario vs Donkey Kong seires. But her recent re-appearance in Super Mario Oddesy gave her a bunch of new fans. She could use objects from the original Donkey Kong, minis from Mario vs Donkey Kong, and swinging around her microphone.

Job about Bonus Fighter!
Kamek the Magikoopa (Yoshi Series)

Kamek is main Antagonist of Yoshi series. He is magikoopa that stole Baby Luigi from Yoshi and Baby Mario and they need to save Baby Luigi before Kamek gives him to baby Bowser.
Kamek is iconic Mario Character and he could have potential for Super Smash Bros.

His moveset in Smash infinite would be similar to his appearances in the Game's like he could use his Spells as Neutral B that gives opponents random effects or Up B can be Broom Flight like Ashley's, but he could also use his Neutral B while flying. He could also do random stuff like sending Shy Guys or Yoshi Mooks for help in random attacks like Side Smash.
Also, his Final Smash could be Naval Piranha, where it eats fighter and KOes them without the issue.

I picked Kamek as WTF character, because he could be another Yoshi rep for the roster and we needed it for long time. Also, it could be inspiration taken from Paraster's thread of Alternate SSBU DLC, where he appeared instead of Piranha Plant. Also he could fit like Piranha Plant, since they both are Enemies from Mario Universe.
THAT'S ALL I WANT TO SAY ABOUT KAMEK.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
The Leadership Team decided to accept the Arwing submission for the bonus fighter but this acceptance does come with a warning. As we go into DLC, we are going to be a bit more stricter with what is acceptable in terms of submissions as an entire fighter’s pack will be molded around them not to mention a price tag. Needless to say, Arwing would be certainly disqualified is proposed as a Fighter’s Pack candidate. Contesting this disqualification is permissible but ultimately the choice will lie with the Leadership team. This goes with all submissions; not just ones put forth by yourself.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Ahh…one more thing I forgot. Raven beak is deconfirmed on the same bases Elma is due to Metroid Dread getting a stage. I realized this after I was about to submit him.

Promotional character

Ok, so I know this one is breaking the rules, but hear me out on this.

My character is:

Unsafe Wiimote Guy!

Why Unsafe Wiimote Guy?

1. He follows the same path as Piranha Plant for a major WTF pick as the promotional character. And personally I think going that route makes a ton of sense. You probably shouldn't put a serious character in this spot business wise when hyping up the base roster or DLC packs would be better spots for them. Instead putting a fun/silly character just as a bonus does 2 things.

First, it doesn't feel like said character is taking a spot up from someone. Getting a joke character in as DLC feels kinda cheap when everyone knows spots are limited as is, so putting someone like Unsafe Wiimote Guy as a extra surprise doesn't feel like you're shorting anyone in that area. And like I said, it's an add on character nobody really expects to get

2. Well..... he's kinda iconic. Yeah sure, maybe not in the conventional sense that someone like Mario, Kratos, or Master Chief is. But if you asked anyone who grew up with the Wii about the safety screen they would instantly know what you're talking about. They'd very likely remember what it consists of as well, which is a man with a wiimote dangerously swinging it around. If someone saw the gameplay parts of the trailer they'd for sure know who exactly it was. And in the end, that's kinda what matters right? Piranha Plant was chosen due to the fact he was both a very well known character but a goofy enough pick that made it so it not being base or DLC didn't lose them anything(Yes, I know she was meant for the base game but wasn't done in time, there's a reason why Plant was the one pushed back over a Ken or Incineroar though).

In conclusion, while Wiimote Saftey Man doesn't fit the requirements above, I think he absolutely deserves a look. The character is absolutely well known. He's better suited to this spot than anything, where being clever is more rewarded than it would be in the DLC or base game, and the reaction to a major WTF pick would be a lot better this time since we didn't have about 500 deconfirmations happen alongside him. Overall, someone like UWMG is exactly the type of pick Nintendo would make here and should be allowed on the ballots.

EDIT: Didn't realize the actual submission process started yet. I'll add some additional sections though

Moveset:
So, what could UWMG's moveset look like? Well, even though it looks like not a ton, there's actually a lot here to use. You see, his moveset could very easily just make up of all the dangerous **** you could possibly do with a wiimote.

Swinging it without the strap, resulting in an accidental throw? Yep!
Knocking objects over on people? Oh yeah
Swinging the nunchuck like a whip? You know it(come on, we all did this when we were younger)

Spinning the wiimote and nunchuk in the air like a propellor? Using it to grab and trip people? Tying someone's legs with it? Really only your imagination is what's limiting you with this character. There's so many ways to improperly use the wiimote and nunchuck that it's more of indictment on someone for not being able to think of anything than it is anything else.

He can also swing his body around unsafe as well. After all, you're supposed to mind the space your in while playing the wii! Examples of this can be throwing his limbs around wildly, imitating the just dancer while a wild spin-a-roonie, swinging the wiimote like a bat in the wii sports baseball game, uppercutting like you're playing bowling, etc. Once again, there's so much here to look at.

On top of that, you could also use the other Wii attachments and accessories unsafely too! The steering wheel, the zapper, the sensor bar, the microphone, the Wii U game pad, maybe the rockband set. All of these used improperly and unsafely of course.
Bro, that's great Idea! We should vote for it!
It's really unique pick for WTF Character.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
And what about Kamek?
He is also candidate for Joke Character.
I forgot about him

Mind you, this doesn’t mean that they aren’t accepted. Just videos I was searching for to help people form an idea around characters. I won’t be doing this for every single character.

Krystal was my second most wanted after Skull Kid but my desire to see Krystal playable in Infinite was mostly due to honor Shorts, a member and friend who passed away in 2014 who was an avid fan of Krystal. Krystal eventually couldn’t get included and has been regulated as an Assist.

So I wish to put forth Slippy, a member of Team StarFix which Krystal was apart of.

Slippy was a character I’ve been pretty much against for a long time but my roster expectations has greatly lowered in the past few years to the point I would be fine with Slippy. He could be a bumbling fool with potentially powerful attacks that could have a luck based system to them. They could work or malfunction. As the engineer of the team, he could utilize several futuristic gizmos to attack with including some that would be different from the Spacies includes a smaller version of the Smart Bomb, cloaking, summoning an orbital bombardment, and more.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Daisy Mae
2DB447F0-B727-4E05-B606-F37BF3038F61.png

Daisy Mae is a character that first appears in Animal Crossing: New Horizons, replacing her grandmother Joan as the local turnip salesman. In this role, as head of the so-called stalk market, she’s garnered quite some popularity, importance and even moveset potential. The importance of Turnips in Animal Crossing, combined with the booming popularity of New Horizons has given Daisy Mae and her stalk market mainstream coverage as well.

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
Wahoo, it's-a-me, Paper Mario!

PMOK_Mario_Jumping.png

A perfect bonus fighter that already has a stage so he most definitely doesn't need one. This flat variarion of Mario cuts a lot deeper for moves that you'd think. Paper Mario could surely enter the fold and hold his own against other fighters by using his hammer and his timed jumped attacks. With enough creativity, we could easily tape together a well crafted moveset for him.

He's got his fans that will most definitely want to stick with him as their main. Paper Mario is a real star that would make a great fighter in Super Smash B

Wahoo, it's-a-me, Paper Mario!

View attachment 338692
A perfect bonus fighter that already has a stage so he most definitely doesn't need one. This flat variarion of Mario cuts a lot deeper for moves that you'd think. Paper Mario could surely enter the fold and hold his own against other fighters by using his hammer and his timed jumped attacks. With enough creativity, we could easily tape together a well crafted moveset for him.

He's got his fans that will most definitely want to stick with him as their main. Paper Mario is a real star that would make a great fighter in Super Smash B
Isn't he already an Assist Trophy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom