• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I'm sorry I just don't see any good reason to use the Broodals, Tatanga, or Nabbit (all of whom are in like, one game - and no, I don't care about critical reception of a game when you have characters like the Champions who have been in multiple games now not getting in) when you have actual, reoccuring Koopas to use.

I'm voting for Boom-Boom, Pom-Pom, Kid Koopa, and Bandana Jr. to make up the alts. Jr. himself is clearly the basis on which the moveset was created since he's the one on the CSS, so giving him special treatment with an alt doesn't seem unreasonable (and is honestly very in-character)
I’d choose the Broodals to fill all the slots at once instead of having to resort to characters like Koopa Kid. If all submissions are at the level of Boom Boom ans Pom Pom I wouldn’t feel as “jarred” at the prospect of four unrelated and random characters being added on a case-by-case basis but right now I feel the unity and cohesion the Broodals bring trumps the reoccurence of the Koopa Kids.

If I had to choose an assortment I’d go for Boom Boom and Pom Pom, and then quit while we‘re ahead and add two alternate costumes for Bowser Jr. himself featuring his various bandanas as face masks.

One thing I do like to add is that Bowser Jr’s moveset is quite silly at times, but also quite commanding in its artillery. I’m not sure all submissions straddle that line. Boom Boom for example might not have the juvenile disposition needed to do lick attacks or ride a literal clown car.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Yeah, Nintendo doesn’t have the power to block sites like Twitter and YouTube. I mean, they can crash them but not because leaks are happening.

I recommend us sending C&D to anyone who are making videos of the content on YouTube, Twitch, and Twitter while also doing damage control by fake leaking potential new games.

Yeah, Nintendo doesn’t have the power to block sites like Twitter and YouTube. I mean, they can crash them but not because leaks are happening.

I recommend us sending C&D to anyone who are making videos of the content on YouTube, Twitch, and Twitter while also doing damage control by fake leaking potential new games.
You're GENIUS!
We should send some C&D letters to every leaker's house.
First thing to do is gonna be making letters, later searching their IPs and if we found one of Leakers' houses, then we're gonna tell the local mailman to send the Letter to the Mailbox and if they get C&D, they get punished for the things they did. We're gonna do for every single leaker on the Globe.
No matter how far they are, we all know where they live, since we're gonna search their data on YouTube or Twitter and find their homes and send them cease and desist by suprise mail in form of Invitation, but there's gonna be C&D letter like I'm saying Right now.

Last edited:
I think we should go to the leakers houses and **** on their lawns personally
Yeah dude!
Let's Frick up their lawns with C&D letters and they will know what does Punishment means!
We know where they live. I hacked to Vergeben's house and I k OW that he lives in Stuttgart, Germany on North part of city in neighborhood. And his house locates at north of the Neighborhood, so it means that cool-looking house is Vergeben's house and we're going to Germany with C&D letter packed up in Luggages and we're going to Germany (Everyone with Plane and I with my Car to Stuttgart).

for every new leak that comes up we add one (1) new bowser jr. alt, each one less connected to mario than the last
And Another leaks suggests that the for Bonus Character will be Wii Safety Guy, because Sakurai and We tried to add second Wii Fit rep into smash, which it results with Wii Safety Guy.

Finally
Toad as Bowser Jr alt
Sorry for Double Posting, but I need to sacrifice myself for doing that.

Nope, It's Goomba.
And Goomba in Clown Car is.... Goomba Tower!?!? Nani!?
[Shocked Audience Sound]

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
As for the C&D, while we don’t have access to their addresses, we are capable of DMing them on multiple platforms. In addition, according to Twitter, we can’t strongarm them to terminate leaker accounts but they will remove the copyrighted content. Trying to pull out of the Twitter deal will cause of millions of dollars in breach of contract fines.

However, I hired a Russian hacker team who can find the addresses of the leakers. I also connected with a mercenary team who are composed of “ninjas” who do behind the scenes wet work. We could….remove these leakers forcibly and anyone attached to them…

In other news, to move us forward, I created a Google Forms to decide on what to do with the Bowser Jr alts. The form has two options:
  • Broodal based alts (4 total)
  • Non-Broodal Based alts (conglomeration of Koopa alts)

The leadership team felt this was the more diplomatic route to go with before fully deciding on which one to do.

PLEASE VOTE HERE[/quote]

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Fight leaks with leaks. Let's spread some more fake leaks internally so that the real will be mixed with the ideal.
I second this. Flood the internet with a bunch of wacky fake leaks. If we want to go the extra mile, retcon the timeline so that we had a team working on mods for the sole sake of screwing with people on the off-chance we get leaked.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We will continue voting for Bowser Jr’s aternate costume outcomes and I am currently weighing the best possible method for deciding the alts to avoid any sort of thread upheaval or finger pointing.

That being said, we will continue to decide on which route to go with in regards to dealing with the hackers so feel free to post your thoughts. We will begin voting what package we want to roll out for the Collector’s Edition…

Job 217

Ramen Cart

The Social History of Ramen

Job 218

Collector's Item:

A Smash Ball Trophy with a CD player built into it. Putting in a CD like the soundtrack that comes with the package causes an RGB LED inside the Smash Ball to sync up to the music.

Artwork:

This piece of Art would be a lineup of all the characters in the base game of Infinite but all the character artwork is done in the art style of their original series with their name and debut game underneath it.

Soundtrack:
1. Battle Scene/Final Boss - Golden Sun
2. Main Theme (Crash Bandicoot)
3. Title Theme (Style Savvy)
4. Final Remix
5. The One Who Survives
6. The Mysterious Murasame Castle Medley
7. Eternal Shrine Maiden (Remix)
8. Savior
9. Zombies On Your Lawn
10. Sami's Theme
11. Warrior from Another World
12. Waluigi's Island
13. Body Rock
14. Medusa’s Final Battle
15. Treasure Town
16. Fly Octo Fly
17. Death Egg Robot
18. Ballad Of The Wind Fish
19. Stormy Saxophone 5
20. Return To Nifl
21. Super Smash Bros. Infinite Main Theme <--- The theming is Perfect if you allow 1 more song but if you don't want to change the rules then remove this one.

Letter From Sakurai:

1. Koopa Kid
2. ???
3. ???
4. ???
Job 217:
Samurai's Armor

The Armor hangs on Armor stand and it's based on Samurai armors from Japan's 16th Century (More historic references!)
If you interact with it, you can look at it's details.

Job 218:
SUPER SMASH BROS. INFINITE SWITCH PACK!
It contains:
  • Physical Copy of Smash infinite
  • Nintendo Switch with Smash Infinite skin
  • NS Pro Controller with Smash skin
  • Gamecube Controller based on Smash Infinite
  • Fighter Pass 1 by default
  • Smash Infinite Switch case

Other stuff:
  • Smash Infinite Soundtrack pack (with all songs, including DLC Songs) (In Vinyl form or Casette form)
  • Smash Bros. Infinite Artwork Book (With Game artworks and concepts arts for the Game
  • Isaac, Crash, Waluigi and Crazy Dave default amiibo pack
  • Poster of Smash Infinite Mural with all base roster characters
  • Sakurai's photo with Autograph
  • Official Smash invitations that act like Mail
Job 218:

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Great Fray Bundle:

Content Includes:
-A copy of Super Smash Bros. Infinite!
-A Nintendo Blossm console with a Smash Infinite theme!
-A Nintendo Blossm Pro controller with a Smash Infinite theme!
-The first wave of DLC fighters!

Special Content Includes:
-A library of Super Smash Bros. Infinite: Wishing Stars comics penned and drawn by Dark Horse Comics!
-An Assist Trophy Bluetooth Speaker! Play certain songs on it to display an Assist Trophy that you can summon in Smash Infinite!
-A disc for "Touhou Dairantou ~ Radiance of Chromatic Cross", the fully-endorsed Touhou Project video game by ZUN featuring characters from the Super Smash Bros. Series!
-An official Super Smash Bros. Infinite mural featuring the magical selection of fighters throughout the decades!
You can find the poll at the top of the page.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Job #220: Submit Master Class Spirits for the Following Franchises

We will include our last Master Class spirits for the franchises that’s lacking them but could use one. Here they are:
  • Yoshi
  • Earthbound/MOTHER
  • Sonic the Hedgehog
  • Metal Gear Solid
  • Pac-Man
  • Final Fantasy
  • Bayonetta
  • Castlevania
  • Dragon Quest
  • Banjo-Kazooie
  • Tekken
  • Kingdom Hearts
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Style Savvy
  • Resident Evil
  • Mysterious Castle Murasame
  • Touhou Project
  • Plants vs Zombies
  • Advance Wars
  • Miitopia
  • Celeste
  • Fatal Frame
These spirits can either be for a Dojo, Explore, or Shop. Please provide the purpose of the Master Spirit and a description about it. Please keep in mind what the above three categories mean in regards to content. By this, I mean what style the Dojo has, what items Spirits can find when exploring, or what items the Shops sell. If it doesn’t fit in any of these, please provide a reason why and why we should include it. Also, provide the music that accompanies this location. You may submit a total of 2 Spirits.

Paraster

Smash Lord
Resubmitting my Zidane Master Spirit concept.
Master Spirit Submission

Zidane Tribal (Final Fantasy IX)

The agile and flirtatious protagonist of a fan-favorite Final Fantasy, Zidane teaches spirits Thief Style.

Buffed: Speed, Item Power.
New Ability: Steal an opponent's held item by hitting them with a jab or tilt attack. If you're already holding an item or your jab/tilt is a projectile, you instead have a 100% chance to make the opponent drop their own item.
Nerfed: Defense, Special Moves.

Spirit Battle:
View attachment 325967Zidane Tribal
  • Puppet Fighter: Sheik (green)
    • Robin (blue)
    • Zelda (red)
  • Stage: Miitopia (Greenhorne only)
  • Music: Battle Theme (Final Fantasy VIII)
    • (Would I be allowed to add FFIX's battle theme if Zidane gets added?)
  • Match: Stock
  • Rules/Conditions:
    • The enemy's air attacks have increased power (Sheik)
    • The enemy favors special attacks (Robin)
    • Only certain Pokémon will emerge from Poké Balls (Entei, held by Zelda)

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
1637377699943.png

The Merchant from Resident Evil

A Fellow Wandering Salesman who meets with Leon Scott Kennedy in the 4th entry of the series, this man treats you lightly by offering you different loads of ammo, weapons, and herbs to help you on your journey.

The Merchant should be a spirit with a shop, he'd sell spirit that don't have a battle and some rare spirits with a good high price of cash, he can also sell spirit candy to help level it up. Some of his text bubble lines can be taken from Resident Evil 4 Such as "Not Enough Cash, Stranger" "Got Some Rare Things On Sale! Stranger" and "What're Ya Buyin?"

He's also an iconic Resident Evil Character who would be alright to add in the game.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Master Spirit:
Remilia Scarlet
(Touhou Project)

The Final Boss of Embodiment of Scarlet Devil, and the Mastermind of the Scarlet Mist Incident. Remilia is the Master Spirit of the Dojo teaching Destiny Style.

Spirits learned in the ways of Destiny Style are granted the following:

Buffed:
Dodge Frames
Special Moves
New Ability: All dodge frames are considered counter-frames, and will trigger the moment an opponent strikes you while you're dodging, with F-tilt being used for Spot-dodges, N-airs being used for air-dodges, and dash attacks being used for rolls.
Nerfed:
Shield
Normal Moves

Spirit Battle:
1637377646335.png
Remilia Scarlet
  • Puppet Fighter: :ultzelda:(Purple)
    • :ultsheik: (Black) (Fought First)
  • Stage: Luigi's Mansion
  • Music: Septette for the Dead Princess
  • Match: Stock
  • Rules/Conditions:
    • Hostile Assist Trophies are summoned. (Jena Anderson)
    • The enemy favors projectiles.
    • Defeat the main fighter to win. (Zelda)

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Master Spirit
Chimata Tenkyuu

(Touhou Project)

The secondary antagonist of Unconnected Marketeers, the latest installment in the shoot-em-up line of Touhou games. She is the god of marketplace and the creator of Ability Cards that mimics the ability of yo-kai and others alike that you've previously fought in an attempt to restore her divine power and introduce a central currency to the land only to be taken advantage of by Megumu, her former business partner and waged conflict, essentially Chimata gets scammed.​
ArtworkNameFacilityOriginAcquisitionFacility Music
Chimata Tenkyuu​
Chimata's Market​
Touhou Kouryuudou ~ Unconnected Marketeers
Spirit Battle​
Sleeping Terror
Being the god of marketplaces which she is heavily based off of it would be appropriate for her to run a shop, while she physically doesn't own one we could simply have her shop be themed around a flea market that took place on open land. With how Touhou Project main setting is filled with mystical entities her shop will mostly sell spirits related to monsters or species that is far from the ordinary humans and animals from which includes but are not limited to:
  • Werewolf​
  • Hewdraw​
  • Zoroark​
  • Ifrit​
  • Slime​
  • Goomba​
  • Tora​
  • Youmu Konpaku​
  • Bulborb​
  • Bokoblin​
  • Baby Drago​
  • Venus Djinn​
  • Tengu​
  • Sword Legion​
  • Inspired​
  • Enderman​
  • Tamagon​
Chimata Tenkyuu (Touhou Kouryuudou ~ Unconnected Marketeers)

Puppet Fighter: Pyra (Black)
Stage: Hakurei Shrine (Battlefield)
Music: Where is that Bustling Marketplace ~ Immemorial Marketeers
Match: Stock (1)
Conditions:
  • The enemy's shooting attack has increased power
  • You have increased speed and decreased defense after a little while
  • The enemy's special attack has increased power
    • Items appeared

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Job 220

Xigbar (Kingdom Hearts series)
1637382573394.png

Xigbar teaches spirits Freeshooter style, which trades a lower defense stat and lighter weight for a massive damage boost to attacks made with projectiles and projectile weapons and a substantial speed increase.

Spirit Battle:
Puppet Fighter: :ultdarkpit: (Purple)
Stage: Dracula's Castle (Omega Form)
Music: The 13th Struggle
Match: Stock
  • The enemy starts the battle with a staff.
  • The enemy's projectiles deal additional damage.
  • The enemy's knockback is reduced.
Xigbar's Dojo plays "Organization XIII" while inside.

New Age Retro Hippie (EarthBound series)

1637383483336.png

New Age Retro Hippie teaches spirits New Age Style, a groooovy technique which makes them extra, extra floaty, reduces movement speed and attack drastically, and goes all-in-on defense. Make love, not war, maaaaaaaaan. Why use a sword, when you could use a ruler? It has a bonus effect of making spirits taught it's style also give the fighter immunity to reversed controls.

Puppet Fighter: :ultwiifittrainerm: (Blue)
Minions: x2 :ultness: (Purple and Green alts) Both Nesses have Ramblin' Evil Mushrooms attached to their heads and hold them.
Stage: Onett (Battlefield Form)
Music: Onett Theme/Winters Theme
- The enemy tends to avoid conflict.
  • Your controls are reversed at random
  • Defeat the main fighter to win.
New Age Retro Hippie's Dojo plays "Humoresque of a Little Dog" while inside.​

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Job 220

Xigbar (Kingdom Hearts series)
View attachment 338229

Xigbar teaches spirits Freeshooter style, which trades a lower defense stat and lighter weight for a massive damage boost to attacks made with projectiles and projectile weapons and a substantial speed increase.

Spirit Battle:
Puppet Fighter: :ultdarkpit: (Purple)
Stage: Dracula's Castle (Omega Form)
Music: The 13th Struggle
  • The enemy starts the battle with a staff.
  • The enemy's projectiles deal additional damage.
  • The enemy's knockback is reduced.

New Age Retro Hippie (EarthBound series)

View attachment 338230

New Age Retro Hippie teaches spirits New Age Style, a groooovy technique which makes them extra, extra floaty, reduces movement speed and attack drastically, and goes all-in-on defense. Make love, not war, maaaaaaaaan. Why use a sword, when you could use a ruler? It has a bonus effect of making spirits taught it's style also give the fighter immunity to reversed controls.

Puppet Fighter: :ultwiifittrainerm: (Blue)
Minions: x2 :ultness: (Purple and Green alts) Both Nesses have Ramblin' Evil Mushrooms attached to their heads and hold them.
Stage: Onett (Battlefield Form)
Music: Onett Theme/Winters Theme
- The enemy tends to avoid conflict.
  • Your controls are reversed at random
  • Defeat the main fighter to win.
I love this

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 220

White Mage (Final Fantasy)

White Mage playing volleyball

Artwork: Mario Sports Mix
  • Puppet Fighter: Robin (White Mage Alt) and Ashley
  • Stage: Yggdrasil's Altar
  • Music: Hand In Hand
  • Match: 1 Stock
  • Rules/Conditions:
    • The enemies Magic Attacks are more powerful
    • Item: Fire Flower
    • The enemy may occasionally Heal

They would teach your spirits the Spellcaster Style

Your Magic Attacks, Movement Speed and And Dodge Frames are increased but your Jump Height, Defense and Friction are reduced.

Ienzo (Kingdom Hearts)

Ienzo KHIII.png

This would be a Shopkeeper Spirit

• Puppet Fighter: Blue :ultrobin:
  • Minions: Ganondorf
  • Stage: Frigate Orpheon Omega
  • Music: Scherzo Di Notte
  • Match: 1 Stock
  • Rules/Conditions:
    • The enemies Magic Attacks are more powerful
    • Hazard: Electric floor
    • Defeat the Main Enemy to win

He would primarily sell spirits of Humanoids

Hollow Bastion would play in his shop

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Mappy

I have already submitted Mappy's Spirit battle so that would remain intact. The music that plays in the battle itself would still be Mappy Medley, but his facility would play Namco Arcade Medley Vol. 1

Mappy's utility is Explore: The Mansion.

This takes 15 hours to complete and retrieves Spirits of either inanimate objects or villains.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Hi everyone,

First off, I want to thank everyone for a job well done this past year. Next month will be our one year anniversary when we first started development on Infinite. It was quite the trip and we had our share of hardships, trials, and challenges but also a lot of laughs, fun, and memories. I want to thank everyone for sticking with development, submitting content, and taking your time to vote on what content to include. Truly, it couldn’t of been done without you.

Tomorrow, we launch the game. It will go live at 9 am EST and will be both available in-store and digital.

Now, while indeed we did get lake out of in-game footage by early copies of the game, it’s hard to combat these. Twitter and YouTube has successfully mitigated it to an extent by removing leaked material as well as Smashboards thanks to its stellar moderation team.

But some of the damage was done. How could we mitigate this?

By releasing both real and fake leaks through various channels to news sites, Twitter and other related platforms.

While this isn’t an actual job, I would like us to submit both a Real Leak of an upcoming game and a Fake Leak for us to put forth in about 6 hours.

These leaks don’t have to be large write-ups, a simple title can work or a blurb of the leaked game. It could be an entirely new franchise or a new installment of an existing franchise. They MUST BE from Nintendo though aka first party. Also please note that these leaks are meant to be sacrificial lambs to mitigate damage dealt by Infinite so leaking an actual new Mario Kart game which is a massive IP could work against us as it would unveil a massive new game.

These leaks should carry some weight but leaking these games shouldn’t do more damage than what it’s trying to mitigate.

Here are my submissions:

Fake Leak
Duck Hunt: The Hunt is On

Real Leak
Mario Strikers Voltage

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Fake Leak:
Persona 5 port :troll:

Real Leak:
Touhou 99 (working title), I actually want this to be an actual thing.
First party only. We legally can’t release upcoming titles of third-party games. It’s a logistic and legal nightmare which would require months of back and forth between our two companies. These real games we are leaking are, well, expendable thus need to be first party. This also includes third party fake leaks as we legally can’t come up with fake leaks for third party companies. We would probably be sued if we didn’t get permission and, most likely, that permission wouldn’t be granted in the first place

This is why I said first party only.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Fake Leak: Pokemon: Fetchers(You Playing Virtual Fetch with Your Pokemon)

Real Leak: The Last Story 2(A Sequel to one of the Operation Rainmaker Games from the Wii, The Story is a sequel of the first that focuses on the original character's daughter taking on a new threat in the island with a transfer of her fathers power(And Redconning the Terra Battle Continuation to which it should never existed)).

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Hold up, is Nintendo stuff with third party content allowed? Like Mario & Sonic BC or NSO Commodore for example?
What would the NSO Commodore be? I looked it up and it’s borderline at best. Even the Mario & Sonic BC has a better leg up than this, it seems.

So according to our voting, we are going to utilize four different alts rather than the Broodals.

Broodals had 6 votes while the conglomerates had 10 altogether.

I appreciate a lot of the support they were given and I’m sorry we had to resort to an “all or nothing” way of voting. Now we will begin voting what alts we want to see be included. We will take the results of these votes and factor into the popularity and the “realizability” of each Alt. Here are the alts that were submitted. Please let me know if I missed any. I’ll be making the Google form in the next hour or so.

Well, I've never submitted an alt before, but I'm gonna try now:

Alt Costume: Fawful
View attachment 338134
Fawful is a major character in the Mario & Luigi franchise, being a recurring antagonist in the series. It may require a little tweaking, but I think we can make him work as a Bowser Jr. Alt, as he's of a similar stature to the son of the Koopa King. His version of the Koopa Clown Car, however, would DEFINETLY need to be redesigned to better fit his style.

(Um, since this is my first time submitting an alt, can one of the team let me know if I did it right?)
Job 219:
View attachment 338135
Touhou Koumakyou ~ the Embodiment of Scarlet Devil:
For the first time in history, the Touhou SHMUPs make their debut on Nintendo platforms with the game entry that put Touhou on the map and started a beautiful legacy. You pick from either Reimu or Marisa and can play until either Meiling is beaten, much like how many Touhou demos last until Stage 3, or until 5 minutes have passed.

Alt Costume:
View attachment 338141

Koopa Kid
Koopa Kid can be considered the "precursor" to Bowser Jr., as he made his debut in Mario Party in 1997 and has made consistent appearances until Mario Party 7 in 2005, with box art appearances on the box art of Mario Party: The Top 100 and the recent Mario Party Superstars. Because he's Bowser Jr's predecessor, the Clown Car won't have many changes from Bowser Jr's.
OK.

Tatanga (art by Phantomie on Reddit)

Tatanga would use a special, non-anthropomorphic clown car designed just for Smash. Due to it's faceless nature, the tongue would be replaced by an alien tentacle. The hammer/wand is replaced with a ripped-off lever, complete with wires coming out!
Alt Costume

Lakitu

One of the few of Bowser's minion that fill a role more than just participant, he's been in Mario spin-off mostly as referee and he has been playable in Mario Kart. With his cloud he can soar through the sky and both the cloud and clown car function the exact same so putting him in wouldn't be a bad idea.​
Job 219

Tekken

Tekken 1 an influential game. The Masterpiece would be about 8 minutes and is just Kazuya's Arcade Mode

BowJr.

Pom Pom (Crimson)
Pom Pom - Super Mario Wiki, the Mario encyclopedia

The Clown Car would be red
Bowser Jr. Alt: Nabbit (Purple)

Nabbit is one of the most recent recurring members of the Mario cast, and I believe he can fill one of the four Bowser Jr. alts exceptionally well. To start with a point which I think is crucial, yet doesn't apply to most submissions, Nabbit is a recurring individual Mario character in the mainline Mario series. Playable in 2 mainline 2D Mario games, as well as multiple spin offs, Nabbit's now a cemented part of the Mario universe. He's not a generic enemy, nor a character regulated to spin offs, nor a character which has been retired. Additionally, he's got a decent reason to be in a clown car. Nabbit's whole shtick is stealing items, so just on a surface level stealing a clown car and a hammer fits well enough for him. Furthermore, Nabbit's operated a clown car before in the final boss battle of Super Mario Bros U against Bowser. That's about the extent of his canon relation's with a clown car, but there are some fanon reasons to put him in a clown car too. Nabbit's stature, mischievous nature, and mask are all eeriely similar to Bowser Jr, sparking fan theories claiming they were the same character. While this has yet to be proven, and they have since both appeared at the same time in the same room, the similarities remain, which helps in terms of fitting as a model swap, both logistically and conceptually. Also none of the koopalings are purple so the lack of a purple bowser jr. alt needs to be rectified asap.

He's got a lot of pros in his favor, so I'll try to address some of the potential cons as well. To start with the most obvious, he's not a koopa. While he himself is not a koopa, he does serve a similar function to the rest of the Koopalings in NSMBU. The Koopaling's appear once per world, hindering the player's progress, just like Nabbit. Nabbit's somewhat of an enigmatic character himself, appearing mysteriously in the background of all the endings and credits in NSMBU, so him sticking out a little is fitting. Not to mention all the similarities to Bowser Jr. I mentioned earlier, nor his disposition for stealing, which works for both a clown car and a smash invite. One aspect which would definitely need to be changed is the fire breath taunt. However, given that Male and Female Byleth have entirely different up taunts, simply removing the fire from the taunt seems within the realm of possibility. His stage hazard also presents an issue, and while Chrom and Knuckles show that the same character can be on screen twice at the same time, the cameo can simply be removed if that presents a large enough issue.​
Can't format on mobile so blech.

BOWSER JR ALT

BOOM BOOM

View attachment 338153
Spamton G. Spamton and Ryo are way to big brain alts to include. It would break the game.

Bandana Junior

While not the most exciting, I think this is the most sensible and accurate one. While the picture depicts bsbadava brinh worn around the neck, it would cover Junior’s face. Somehow it doesn’t burn up during his taunt.
Alt submission: Spicy Smokin' Koopa Clown Car

I found this cool image online. Maybe it could be used as an alt for Bowser Jr. referencing Mario Maker? It's the spicy smokin' Koopa Clown Car! Maybe to differentiate the model, remove the bib so technically it's an alt costume and give the clown car permanently angry eyes that are red.

View attachment 338161
Alright, then I believe Topper has already been submitted so I’ll be making my own submission in addition to a Broodal campaign post.

EDIT: Editing in my submission

View attachment 338167
Masked-Up Jr.

Bowser Jr’s look in quite a few games involves pulling his bandana over his face like in the above picture. Would pair best with a “vandalized“ Junior Clown Car that includes small paintings on the side or the Fire Clown Car to elevate the simple change into a true alternate costume, but it is a known and iconic look for Jr. nonetheless.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
In addition, GolisoPower won the Collector’s Edition vote.
AD617F09-945B-418E-95B7-2E55C004BB44.jpeg

Job 218:

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Great Fray Bundle:

Content Includes:
-A copy of Super Smash Bros. Infinite!
-A Nintendo Blossm console with a Smash Infinite theme!
-A Nintendo Blossm Pro controller with a Smash Infinite theme!
-The first wave of DLC fighters!

Special Content Includes:
-A library of Super Smash Bros. Infinite: Wishing Stars comics penned and drawn by Dark Horse Comics!
-An Assist Trophy Bluetooth Speaker! Play certain songs on it to display an Assist Trophy that you can summon in Smash Infinite!
-A disc for "Touhou Dairantou ~ Radiance of Chromatic Cross", the fully-endorsed Touhou Project video game by ZUN featuring characters from the Super Smash Bros. Series!
-An official Super Smash Bros. Infinite mural featuring the magical selection of fighters throughout the decades!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom