• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
Attention all Fortuna Entertainment idols, Tsubasa Oribe needs YOUR help. She is currently stuck in the Idolasphere fighting enemy Mirages and all her team mates are down so she can't perform chain sessions! However, you can send some revival items her way and all you need to is send her your credit card number, the expiration date AND the three whacky numbers on the back but HURRY! It won't be long before all of Tokyo is sent to ruin!

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Attention all Fortuna Entertainment idols, Tsubasa Oribe needs YOUR help. She is currently stuck in the Idolasphere fighting enemy Mirages and all her team mates are down so she can't perform chain sessions! However, you can send some revival items her way and all you need to is send her your credit card number, the expiration date AND the three whacky numbers on the back but HURRY! It won't be long before all of Tokyo is sent to ruin!

D

Deleted member

Gonna be blunt. I know very little about Fire Emblem. But I decided to go with someone who I think would be a fun addition.

Anna

A recurring character across most Fire Emblem games. Anna is a shopkeeper who has appeared as an NPC in almost every Fire Emblem game, and has became a recurring playable character from Awakening onwards. Some even believe there may be multiple Annas.

Anna's many appearances give her a huge amount of moveset potential, as she has wielded different weapons over her appearances. She also has potential for multiple alternative skins.

Ending on a character like Anna would be fun as she's not a character many would think would be playable, but is important enough to her seires to earn a place.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Job #201

Micaiah

File:FERD Micaiah.png

Micaiah is one of the main protagonists of Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn alongside Ike. She would be a mage character similar to Robin, but she would be using light magic as part of her arsenal to differentiate herself. Micaiah is one of the more fan favorite characters in the series and had a popular following during the Brawl days, so I think she would fit great in Smash. Radiant Dawn is also one of the more beloved games in the series as well, so all the more reason she would be a great addition as a unique mage fighter.

Last edited:
R.O.B. Alts:
The Wii U alt was passed up in favor of the OLED alt due to having a less distinctive color scheme and being less relevant.

Toon Link Alts:
Additionally, Toon Link's AlttP alt will be edited to have pink hair, similar to this render by @AltsUltimate on twitter.

The Pink Hearts alt for Toon Link was passed in favor of the Ravio alt since Ravio is more relevant than a costume from tri force heroes, and they share the color of pink.
Wolf Alts:
Panther (Silver) Mr. Robotto Mr. Robotto
(Render by @AlphaSSB
Leon (Navy) Krookodilian Krookodilian
(Render by @AlphaSSB )
Brawl (Dark Blue) @AlphaSSB (Render by @AlphaSSB )
The Brawl Green alt was passed due to being a smash original, and Wolf already having a green alt, and the Wolfen alt was passed due to being very similar to the current Red and Pink Wolf alts.

And that wraps up Brawl Newcomers!​
This is Dissapointing. The Wii/Wii U alt. could be tribute to Nintendo History.
Like NES ROB and Switch ROB exists, why now Wii U could be joining?
But OK. Wii U was Irrelevant, but I Agree.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
1635273061010.png

Considering what games i've played and what options i had there wasn't that much ideas i can pull for a fire emblem rep that would be different so, Here's Shamir from Three Houses.

She's a mercenary who works for the Knights of Seiros yet not an instructor unlike Byleth, Manuela, and Hanneman.

Shamir would fight using her bows & arrows and a lance since the bows are her main weapon & for lances she offers for weekend seminars. She wouldn't be the most high requested character for smash but she'd be one of the most unique fire emblem reps to request.

Last edited:

airConditioner

Smash Ace
Like with the fighting game characters, I really enjoy a lot of these submissions. Though there are a few that stick out to me, for better or for worse. I've separated this by saga for ease of navigation.

• Archanea (Tiki/Jedah/Celica): Okay, each of these submissions are of really really good characters. Tiki and Celica being fan-favorites that are common names in speculation. Jedah is a left-field pick, a villain, and has an interesting mechanic as detailed by Peridot. The only real gripe I have with all three submissions is that there's 4 (four) characters from Archanea already. All other sagas are repped with only one fighter, or not repped at all. They're good characters and are all important, but I'd like to see characters from other sagas as well. Something else against Tiki is that though she has appeared in FE1 and FE3, the design she already uses in Smash is from Awakening and I'm assuming (though this is just an assumption) that the Tiki that we'll be using is from Awakening. Awakening makes up 3 of the 4 Archanea reps so as much as I prefer the older Tiki design over the child, it'd kind of suck to have another character rooted in Awakening.
  • Jugdral (Sigurd): Sigurd is my own submission, so I'm a bit fired up. I think he would be a hot new addition to Smash. He'd be a trailblazer for new ground in terms of Fire Emblem, and that's perfectly fine. I know I did say that Jugdral is its own thing separate from Archanea, but the embers of connection are still there, as it's tied to by the faintest threads of lore, but nothing as blazingly obvious as having the same characters in games. But yeah, if you want to see why Sigurd has my heart entrenched in flames I think you should check out the Sigurd post.
  • Elibe & Magvel (No submissions yet): I'm really surprised we haven't gotten any submissions from these eras. Usually, Lyn, Hector, and Ephraim would dominate conversations about a Fire Emblem newcomer. They're important games and where a lot of poor souls start out. I actually hoped to see a submission from these 3 games, whether it be a lord or a villain (LYON!!), but I don't really think that would be happening now.I originally submitted Lyn as a Mii Costume to have a more interesting FE round than just Lyn and Black Knight winning and I think it worked, for better or for worse.
  • Tellius (Oliver/Micaiah): I submitted Black Knight for our final First Party echo a while back and I'm surprised he hasn't made a return. That being said, this batch is just really interesting to me. Micaiah, the main lord of FE10 and... Oliver. I like Oliver! He's great, he's funny, he provides a niche that isn't explored by any Fire Emblem in smash. He's also relevant to the story, unlike some other side character submissions. But... I don't ever see him being in Smash, let alone before other more important characters from Tellius. Realistically, he'd probably be good as the third or fourth rep from Tellius, but not as the second when characters like Micaiah, Black Knight, Elincia, etc. are still in minor roles. Really, if this were our own FE roster, I would spam votes for him. Though I wouldn't mind if he won. Oliver is great! Micaiah would also be a great addition, but one that makes more sense. She's a main character after all, and she would be decently different from the other mages (or mage wannabes) in Smash, especially Robin. I'd also like to see how, if possible, we could implement Yune (Micaiah's little bird) in attacks since she's cool too.
  • Fates (No submissions yet): I do not care for Fates aside from the music.
  • Fódlan (Edelgard/Leonie/Lysithea/Shamir): This is where I have my most concerns. Three Houses is a topical game, as the most recent release in the mainline Fire Emblem series. The thing that I think pushed Byleth as the frontrunner over other characters in Ultimate was that they aren't super affiliated with any house in particular. That being said, Edelgard is probably one of my favorite fictional characters despite her flaws and I have like a million fancams of her saved. She definitely has moveset potential, being a heavy axe user with capabilities for magic. When I first submitted Seteth as an Assist Trophy forever ago, I noted that the most important gameplay mechanic introduced in Three Houses, the gambits, were completely absent aside from a little reference in Byleth's trailer. This would most likely be Edelgard's final smash, to avoid spoiling what is arguably the most complete route in the game, Azure Moon. But yeah, Edelgard is really really cool and of the three + one house leaders, I really think she would be next in line for a Three Houses character. She's story relevant in every route (whether or not she is well implemented is another can of worms), she's unique, she's a villain, just awesome character all around. Now... the other three. Imagine, if you will, you have gotten up at 6 am to watch the new Smash Trailer. The two lines cross the screen and you are sitting on the edge of your seat. The screen is dark and you hear a blaring horn sound. A crewmate from Among Us walks into frame, and you are screaming. Screaming " oh my GOD AMONGUS???" but the splash screen never comes. Instead, the crewmate just walks to the task where you dump out the leaves, and one of the leaves is the fighter. The trailer abruptly ends, and you are left confused. A dead leaf?? from Among Us?? This is how I would feel about having these three in Smash. Not only are they three random students, they happen to fall into the lower to mid-tier of relevancy for students. (Shamir is an instructor but I'll have a separate part for her.) The kicker is that these students come from the Golden Deer house, and there's not much that would put them above the other characters in the other houses. Would I love for my favorite students to be playable in Smash? Hell yeah. But really, as our last newcomer, especially in a Fire Emblem game with at least 3 other clear characters (Edelgard, Dimitri, and Claude) to come next, it's just confusing. Shamir is a little better, but not by much, as she doesn't have affiliation with another house. She's alright, but probably one of the least important staff members. If a member of Church staff is playable (and they are, their name is Byleth), I believe characters like Seteth and Rhea would take priority. Again, priority for characters is something that has been kind of pushed aside since we've had characters like Min Min and Kazuya, but there's a difference between having one of many faces of a game be playable and a random character with no plot or marketing relevance (Lysithea gets a pass here only because she's popular) be playable in a crossover.
  • Heroes (Kiran/Fjorm): Heroes is great, it's Nintendo's mobile money maker. I don't really have much to say for them since they are definitely important to the series despite being a spinoff and they're both story relevant characters. Kiran is the one I have an issue with because of the Breidablik being an item, but GolisoPower gave a pretty good alternative. My only problem with this alternative is that it's not too indicative of Kiran. Sure, he has the abilities to fight without summoning Serra from FE7, but what's the point of having the summoner not summon? It's just kind of boggling. Maybe if he was submitted in Smash 64, this would fly, but with stronger technology comes a stronger tie to the source material. Onto Fjorm, I originally had issues with her because she's just one of the new book protags and there's not much to put her above Eir, Peony, and Reginn. But I haven't played Heroes in forever (I quit a year after the game came out, but went back for Fjorm for another year, and then quit again) and WeirdChillFever has rightfully noted that she's been pretty relevant and marketable since her inception. Cool! Another Ice user, especially one tied to a melee weapon instead of projectiles would definitely be great. Definitely a good rep for the Heroes games.
  • Tokyo Mirage Sessions (Tsubasa/Itsuki): I have never played TMS Sharp FE so please excuse me for anything I get wrong. I really like the idea of having these characters in and I have no idea who to pick as the representative. I'd probably go for Itsuki since he's the main protagonist but Tsubasa seems to be pushed more overall. Plus, Caeda is a cool persona haha. TMS Sharp FE may be a spinoff title and be a weird crossover, but it's a spinoff title that Nintendo and IntSys still like, proof being in the rerelease on Switch and having a bunch of these suckers in Heroes. Hell, Itsuki was even in the FE History video for Heroes. So yeah, TMS Sharp FE is definitely a great choice for a visually distinct FE rep, and one with a unique playstyle. Whoever wants to argue for their pick for the rep can go ahead because I do not have a preference.
  • Anna (Anna): Anna has been a recurring character forever. If you don't know how prevalent she is, she's practically the Nurse Joy of Fire Emblem. Her variable weapons and status as a shopkeeper would give her an interesting moveset. She's popular and also one of the main characters of Heroes. Being a DLC character in Three Houses, her moveset has expanded quite dramatically with the ability to spec into nearly every class in the game. Every other character I think I had a legitimate concern on, but for Anna, I don't really have one besides thinking that she fits a lot better as an NPC shopkeeper than a fighter. But that's just me.
  • Other, nonspecific thoughts: Being in the Leadership Team and having to find out guidelines for uniformity for spirits and renders has kind of scarred me. Another reason why I'm a bit hesitant to vote for the side characters is that they likely don't have renders and especially so for Three Houses. We haven't released the Fire Emblem spirit guidelines yet, but the only characters with usable art for spirits are the House Leaders, Byleth, the Flame Emperor, the Death Knight, and the characters in the Smash Spirit Board and Three Houses DLC. So if I had to give an estimate, that would be around 15% of characters with usable art, and art that we already used in Smash nonetheless. Just a little thing to think about.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Aight, offbeat unlikely pick time
1635287575506.png

Job 201 - Nephenee
Quick rundown, Nephenee is a unit from Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance and it's sequel, Radiant Dawn. She's a farm girl from Crimea who ended up recruited into the militia during the fight with Daein. Due to her rural accent and mannerisms, she's shy and afraid of embarrassing herself in front of the rest of the army. Also she ended up pretty popular as far as Tellius characters go, though in the current era of Fire Emblem with more modern installments and the recent boom of fans after Three Houses, she might've dropped off a bit compared to the earlier years.

I terms of importance... Well, she has a lance. It's customary for the Soldier class, and that last bit's actually pretty notable because Soldiers are usually the generic mooks to be mowed down in Fire Emblem. We did get a couple playable Soldiers when they debuted in Gaiden, but Gaiden's the black sheep of the franchise and was Japan-only, before the series really took off. Ephiram from Sacred Stones basically has a flashier version of the Soldier as his class, but for the most part he's counted as a Lord rather than a mere Soldier. Nephenee was the first time the West ever got a playable Soldier. And again, she was pretty popular when the Tellius games first came out, and despite their poor showing sales-wise Path of Radiance is regarded pretty well by the Western fanbase, or so I'm told.

Adding to that, Nephenee's whole farmer-to-soldier thing could be used to demonstrate FE's mechanics of promotions, with the Tellius games having three different levels; In her case, the Soldier levels up to the Halberdier, and in Radiant Dawn she can go further to the nigh-unstoppable Sentinel. So that's another thing going for her.

But mainly I just think she's neat. Honestly she's probably gonna be one of those out-there character submissions that only get a couple votes, but hey, it was worth a shot :drshrug:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Submissions are closed!

Alright, here is our final form for newcomers in our launch roster! This will decide fighter number 101 so make sure your vote counts! Please take a look at the roster and consider the characters we have included since then and the possible picks offered here. While I want to encourage you to vote for who you like, I feel it’s very important to vote who you think would be an appropriate representative for Fire Emblem in the launch roster and bring something unique to the table.

here we are…

The Dawn of the Final Day

I'm gonna be on Wario3's ****list for the FE character I'm choosing, but...

Job 201:
View attachment 335762
Kiran:
Kiran is the player avatar of the mobile game Fire Emblem Heroes, which is listed as Nintendo's highest-grossing mobile game, surpassing other Nintendo mobile games like Mario Kart Tour, Dr. Mario World, and even heavy-hitter Dragalia Lost. In the game, Kiran is a summoner, a character who conjures Heroes from across the Fire Emblem franchise to fight alongside him. In the game, Kiran uses something rather special. Remember this item from that job a while back?:
View attachment 335763
This is the Breidablik, a magical handgun that he uses to summon Heroes, which range from the spear-toting ice princess Fjorm...
View attachment 335764
...to the Askr Prince Alfonse...
View attachment 335765
...to even the FE characters we have in Smash already. In Smash Infinite, this is already an item, so this puts Kiran at an uneasy state as far as including him goes. But wait! Turns out the Breidablik can transform into different weapons:
View attachment 335766View attachment 335767
So not only is he not entirely helpless, but he also has something to build a moveset on! Kiran should be picked because not only is it Nintendo's most successful mobile game to date, it seems like a decent alternative now that Euden has been relegated to Assist Trophy status. Also what better way to piss off anti-FE people than to make that FE character a mobile game character? lol
Job #201: Tsubasa Oribe from Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE

View attachment 335770

"Kowa****ai daijisou ni kakaeta watashi o zenbu~!"

Debuting in the spin-off Fire Emblem title Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE with an appearance in Fire Emblem Heroes, the shining idol of Fortuna Entertainment joins the fray of Super Smash Bros.!

You might be asking yourself "What the heck is a Tokyo Murder Session Hashtage F.E.?" Well luckily for you, I'm here to tell you all about it.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions was conceived when there was an idea to bring a group of remarkably talented people so when the world needed an epic crossover, they could bring the worlds of medieval tactical RPG Fire Emblem together with the post-apocalyptic wastes of Shin Megami Tensei, one of Atlus' flagship franchises.

So when people were hooked on the idea of the two series' crossing over, Nintendo and Atlus got together to create... Idol Persona. Okay yeah so the game was nothing like what was promised from the teaser of having the characters of FE and SMT combine. This atop of being a Wii U game amidst censorship issues across the seas.

In fact, the most the game features from FE are a few characters appearing as villains and "Mirages," Persona-like allies to the people of Fortuna Entertainment but I can explain more of that later. The game uses a combat system very similar to the SMT games including a lot of their spells and a modified press turn combat system.

Who is Tsubasa Oribe?

While Tsubasa Oribe is not the main protagonist of her game, that title belonging to Itsuki Aoi. However, as evident by Min Min, Pyra/Mythra and Kazuya, that's not a necessity. In fact, she is the only character from TMS with a spirit in Ultimate.

She is an aspiring idol who ends up getting sucked into a strange dimension where she encounters hostile enemies called Mirages. However, she and her partner Itsuki are able to break free a Mirage from its spell and ally with them. While Itsuki allied with Chrom, Tsubasa allied herself with Caeda. Similarly to Joker, she'd have Caeda fighting by her side like Arsene.

Caeda is a pegasus knight in her home game and she shares this ability with Tsubasa from time to time. Additionally, Tsubasa would be a lance user focusing in straight precise hits over overarching swings. Additionally, she would be the only Fire Emblem character at this point to-

-NOT USE A SWORD.

I mean come on, that's gotta be worth something, right? Additionally, Tsubasa Oribe represents an aspect of Fire Emblem that hasn't been yet, the spin-offs for as little as there are.

So to conclude, Tsubasa Oribe would be an awesome new addition to Smash for bringing new aspects on all fronts to the Fire Emblem series. And if you're questioning her legitimacy as a Fire Emblem character, her spirit uses the Fire Emblem series logo. She also has appeared as a playable unit in Fire Emblem: Heroes, the other Fire Emblem spin-off game currently downloadable on the app store.4

Tsuabasa supremacy is eternal.

Appears in Tokyo Mirage Session #FE
Job 201: Fiya Emburem

Fjorm: Princess of Ice

View attachment 335769

Introduction:
Fjorm is a character that first appeared in Fire Emblem: Heroes. Appearing first in Book II of the story, Fjorm is the Princess of Nifl, the realm of ice and a neighbouring realm to Askr. In Book II, it is revealed that Nifl is under attack by Muspell and its general, Surtr. Fjorm, with the help of Alfonse, Sharena, Anna and the Summoner, defeats the tiran king and restores peace to Nifl at the cost of having sacrificed her life to Nifl, the Ice Goddess and protector of the kingdom of Nifl.

Fjorm’s story is revisited in the Tempest Trials series Ice and Flame. In this series of events, Fjorm’a debt to the Ice God Nifl is not paid with her life. Instead, Nifl enlists her to defeat the Flame God, Muspell as her Champion.

Why should Fire Emblem’s latest be from Fire Emblem: Heroes?
Fire Emblem: Heroes is a massively succesful mobile game, being the highest grossing mobile title Nintendo has put out by a mile. Said mobile endeavors are not represented by a character yet. Furthermore, Fire Emblem: Heroes is the latest Fire Emblem title so far and is still active.

Why should Fjorm be the Heroes rep?
While it is true that Fire Emblem Heroes in itself has a rotating cast of original characters, none are so beloved as Fjorm. Fjorm has received more in-game alts than any Fire Emblem Heroes original yet, and the Ice and Flame Tempest Trials is the only time a book’s story is revisited after the book is closed. Fjorm as a character has received a push by Nintendo as well, with both a music video and a chibi-style recap of the story of Book II.

Fjorm can thus act as the rep for Heroes, as Kiran has only recently been fleshed out as a character and the Askr Trio of Alfonse, Sharena and Anna are equal in prominence. Out of those, Alfonse exclusively uses a sword, whereas Fjorm has a lance and ice magic under her belt, as well as a canonical Ascendant form that uses an axe.

What can Fjorm offer?
As said before, Fjorm uses a lance named Leiptr. In-game, it’s a lance that can counter from any distance. Supplemented with ice magic, Fjorm has a defensive playstyle centered on countering the opponent. Ice Mirror, her exclusive special, reduces damage from magic attacks and retaliates based on the amount of damage she has taken.

Her Ascendant Form takes this playstyle to the next level. In this armored form with more stats, she can use her axe, Nifl’s Bite, to retaliate regardless of skills the opponents has, and can catch blows meant for the opponent with her Save skill.
Job 201

Tiki

Tiki is a recurring character in Fire Emblem appearing all the way back in the first game and has appeared in Fire Emblem Awakening, The Remake of Shadow Dragon, Tokyo Mirage sessions, Project X Zone 2, Dragalia Lost and FE Heroes. Tiki is a Manakete, which means she can shapeshift into a dragon. That fact can add a new playstyle not yet seen in smash and that is a Shapeshifter. This one idea has a lot of potential, she could use her Dragonstone like a dagger, similarly to how it's used in Warriors, She can use weapons she's had in Fire Emblem heroes or even use dragon magic outside of her dragon form.

Why should we go with Tiki?: Well with her status as an assist trophy people who are not necessarily into fire emblem are somewhat familiar with her. She tends to be a crossover darling with her appearances in TMS and PxZ. and the concept of a Shapeshifter fighter is interesting and has a lot
of potential.
The Gospel of Duma: The case for why Jedah should be added to Smash.

Here we are, the dreaded Fire Emblem round (or not, I’m typing this up in advance). The people have resigned themselves to voting for a realistically proportioned anime character with blue hair and a bladed weapon. Praise, for lord Duma has offered a gift to save us from this! I introduce you, to Jedah!

Those of you who do not play Fire Emblem might not recognize this man. Even those who do might not. Many mistakenly assume I am referring to the Jedah from the Darkstalkers series. Allow me to fix this problem, by systematically explaining why Jedah is the best choice for the ninth Fire Emblem character.

#1: Who is Jedah?

Jedah is the main antagonist of Fire Emblem Gaiden, and it’s remake Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia. He’s the head priest of the Duma Faithful, a church dedicated to the worship of one of the two gods of the continent of Valentia, Duma. Duma (and his sister, Mila) are dragons, and are succumbing to madness, but Jedah has a plan to alleviate his madness. Jedah stormed the Temple of Mila, sealed the goddess via the sword Falchion (not Marth and Chrom’s Falchion, but a sister blade), and hides the corpse in the depths of Duma Tower. Without Mila’s influence, crops get worse and worse. Somewhere around here, Jedah sacrifices the souls of two of his three daughters to eternal servitude to Duma, and the third wasn’t spared intentionally..

Jedah seeks out Princess Celica, who herself was searching for Mila (Jedah's scheme was hardly common knowledge). Jedah convinced her to sacrifice her soul to save both of the gods, in reality, he had no plans of saving Mila, revealing the goddess's body only after it was too late. Alm finds Mila a corpse, Celica a puppet, and Jedah having essentially won. Obviously, various Dues Ex Machinas happen to ensure a happy ending, but Jedah’s scheme was well executed and almost worked.

#2: Why Jedah?

Gaiden/Echoes is easily the second most important Fire Emblem game to not have a playable character in Smash brothers. I will admit that FE7, as the game to introduce the series to western audiences, outshines it in that aspect. But unlike FE7, which at least has an Assist Trophy (and Roy as a direct link to that game), there’s a painful lack of Valentian content in Smash. There was a new remix in Brawl and Smash 4 each, but in Ultimate (right after it got a shiny new remake)? Basically nothing. A handful of ported tunes and a shared Alm and Celica spirit is all the game got in Ultimate. I’d argue Genealogy got the better deal, at least there was a new remix and multiple spirits for it.

OK, let’s hypothetically say that we had a Valentian character confirmed for Smash. The obvious first choice is to go with the main character, but here’s the problem with that: there’s more than one main character. Alm and Celica are of equal prominence, you can’t really choose one over the other. Neither have particularly intresting moveset potential either. Why not go with the villain, then? Jedah is a bit more prominent in the Celica side of the story, but he still plays a key role for both of them. And while some might be opposed to having a side character before a main one, I feel the sheer number of Fire Emblem heroes already present in the game makes up for it

#3: What could Jedah do?

Ok, by now you have most assuredly been convinced that Jedah is the most deserving character from the FE series by far. Some naysayers, their mind consumed by ideas of inferior characters, might be saying “but would Jedah have a unique moveset?”. And to that, I have one word… yes.

Do not worry, for Jedah has never once held anything resembling a sword in his hand. He is a mage, a trope that Smash is severely lacking in: Magicians. There are only a handful of characters who use magic in Smash, and none that use it like Jedah would. The two that come closest are Zelda and Palutena. Unlike those two, Jedah would use black magic instead of light, and would channel it into projectile attacks instead of close range buffs to hand to hand blows.
He also would have a mechanic only prominently featured on one character on the Smash roster: Self damage. Instead of tomes being breakable like in most games in the series, Valentian magic can theoretically be used infinitely… but at the cost of damage to the castor. Jedah would have incredibly powerful spells, one of the strongest zoners on the roster, but they slowly take their toll on him. Jedah’s defensive stats wouldn’t be all that grand, and would be rather slow on account of being one hundred and forty seven years old. A few good hits, once the opponent gets past the spells that Jedah cast, will find him down a stock. This is quite similar to how Cantors, a generic type of enemy that Jedah is similar to, functioned in the Valentian games. They’re tricky to deal with, not because they’re all that strong but because they summon more minions for you to deal with, plus the fact that they can self heal. I’ve made my own Jedah moveset, the link is here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BpKEueZyTYKvy2J7grzAX9Jx4l3WPMO8pt19eWeskZo/edit?usp=sharing

(one part of Jedah that would not make it into Smash would be the fact that only one hit out of four on him would do anything. That would be atrocious, though perhaps an event battle could use that…)

#4: Other things

In essays in school, I always have to summarize at the end, and i put more effort into this than an actual school project. Here’s the cliffnotes as to why Jedah should be added.
  • Gaiden/Echoes are one of the most important and popular games in the series, but with little in the way of Smash content.
  • Alm and Celica share importance, picking one over the other would be difficult.
  • Jedah would be a much needed Fire Emblem villain
  • He has moveset potential through the roof.

A few miscellaneous statements...
For starters, if we get Jedah then that means we get Twilight of the Gods, a fantastic piece of music that’s exclusion from Ultimate haunts me to this day (there was even a fake leak that claimed it was getting a new remix, why does one do this unless their soul is even crueler than Jedah’s).

The side content that Jedah could bring… Duma Tower or Thabes’ Lab from Valentia seem like the best stage choices. Rudolf seems like a good choice for an Assist Trophy, mounted units have no representation in Smash and he’s the secondary villain.
I've had this writeup prepared for quite some time.
Oliver
Much like many other Smash fans, I don't know much about Fire Emblem - but I do have a good enough grasp on Google to search "fire emblem ugly characters", and frankly after glancing over his face on Google Images I think Oliver has a lot going for him. I guess I could call him a "Fire Emblem character for people who hate Fire Emblem". Not an effeminate twink with blue hair nor a skimpily dressed waifu, Oliver would prove many of the Smash fandom's (justifiable) generalisations about FE wrong - a fat, greedy anti-hero who's balding, bares a stunning moustache, and has ties to slave labour.

A cowardly bishop who values beauty above all, Oliver's personality would be unique not just for FE but Smash in general as we have yet to see a truly cowardly Smash fighter. His skills are Shove (push the enemy away one tile) and Corona. (reduce enemies' damage output) He has two weapons: Light Magic and a Staff, his starting spell is Nosferatu, which Robin already uses but we could create a new Oliver-specific version of, and his starting weapon is the Silence staff which can make his enemies inable to use magic - perhaps a Smash equivalent could be disabling special moves?

Although I don't believe Oliver has a Spirit in Smash Ultimate, he does have a history with Smash due to his theme song (Power-Hungry Fool) having been a series staple since Brawl. As an unpopular character with a pathetic history in FE:H's voting events Oliver would shock even those anticipating or wanting a new FE rep, and his more Scrimblo-ey personality could certainly win over at least some non-fans of FE.
Job 201: Celica

View attachment 335779

People liked Echoes, right?

Celica's got the advantage of having both magic and a sword, though unlike Robin, her spells are more limited, her swordplay more graceful - she could be Robin, but infinitely less terrible!*

*Tier wise.

Plus she's cute as a button, and we love our waifus here, right? She's half the main duo of Echoes. Alm could join her in her FS and victory animations.

I dunno much about FE, but I like her design a lot.
I was originally going to submit my favorite lords, Eirika and Ephraim as a duo unit, but seeing as we already have a good amount of two-in-ones in Infinite as well as completely forgetting how I was originally going to have them work, I decided to go for my other choice.

Sigurd: The Holy Knight

First Appearance: Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War (1995, Super Famicom)
Latest Appearance: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (2018, Nintendo Switch)

Genealogy of the Holy War
Released on the Super Famicom in 1995, Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War is the fourth installment of the Fire Emblem series. Genealogy of the Holy War, or FE4 (which I will refer to it as from hereon out) set many standards and broke many boundaries for the franchise. The first, and honestly one of the most important, is that it is the first game to not take place in the Archanea saga. Unlike FE1 and FE3 (Marth's starring roles) and FE2 (Alm's & Celica's) before it, FE4 takes place in a new setting, that being the continent of Jugdral. The Jugdral saga consists of two games: Genealogy of the Holy War and its midquel, Thracia 776. Moving on from lore to gameplay: Genealogy of the Holy War is the first game to implement the Weapon Triangle, which has since been a staple element of the Fire Emblem series since. This mechanism is pretty self explanatory: the two types of attacks (weapons and magic) are split into triangles. These triangles dictate what weapon or what type of magic (though the magic triangle has effectively been phased out after Radiant Dawn) is effective against another. Another key element of the Fire Emblem series introduced in FE4 is the skills system. Skills are little bonus abilities that can grant the holder bonuses that can change the course of a battle. Finally, a mechanic that hasn't been too usual of an addition but one too important to gloss over is the love & inheritance system. FE4 is split into two parts (sound familiar?), with the first part focusing on Sigurd and the latter focusing on his son Seliph. Naturally, the time gap in between means that there would be an entirely new cast to play with, and who better to play as than the characters' kids? These kids are the result of certain pairings between characters, and depending on which characters, they'll inherit unique skills and traits.

Storywise, I won't go as in depth as I had for the previous character prompts because it is like 1 in the morning and I am in midterm season. All that you need to know is that this place called Jugdral was under subjugation by some evil dragon guy named Loptous for a good amount of time. However, this changed when a bunch of dragon lords gave their power to a dying resistance group, forming the Twelve Crusaders. These twelve folks would go on to found a bunch of kingdoms, the most important right now being Grannvale. Sigurd is a descendant of one of the Twelve Crusaders and has a pretty cozy job as a knight of Grannvale. When he gets word that it is suddenly attacked after some political shenanigans, Sigurd sets off to build his army. This is the premise for the first half of FE4. The second half focuses on Sigurd's son Seliph after Sigurd is put out of commission in the Battle of Belhalla. Seliph builds his resistance army after the main villain Arvis takes over Grannvale and becomes an oppressive ruler.

Presence in Smash
Sigurd himself is a spirit, which is pretty obvious. He's an important character from a well regarded game. But there's more! There is a key track in Ultimate: Edge of Adversity, which is the map theme for the Battle of Belhalla, where Sigurd and Arvis have their fated showdown. Infinite adds another with Uprising in Agustria, the map theme in Chapter 2. We also have the final battle between Seliph and Julius (Arvis's kid), The Final Holy War. One of our newly added masterpieces (which it is indeed a masterpiece) is Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War, where you get a whole 8 minutes to play the game! In addition to these bits of representation, Sigurd is the basis for one of Ike's alt costumes. You know, the white and blue one. The good looking one. You know who else is a non Tellius character who was an Ike costume? Chrom. This doesn't mean much but it's a little food for thought.

Why Sigurd?
I've already discussed some reasons why Genealogy of the Holy War should be represented with a character - it established many of the series' most iconic gameplay mechanics. Without this game, Fire Emblem would not have important mechanics like the weapon triangle or skills, or the fun discourse that comes with the inheritance system. In addition to these important mechanics, it is often rumored that a Genealogy remake would be coming soon. Of course, these are just rumors and don't really mean anything. However, in the chance that these rumors are indeed real, wouldn't it be just like Nintendo to put in a promotional Fire Emblem character? ha ha ha. Anyways, Genealogy is often considered to be one of the best narratives in Fire Emblem (my summary does NOT do it justice at all, please actually play the game or watch a playthrough.) It also represents one of the unrepresented eras of Fire Emblem, that being the Jugdral saga. Many common suggestions tend to fall into already represented sagas like Archanea (being the games featuring Marth, Alm & Celica, and Chrom & Lucina) and Elibe (Roy). Adding Sigurd would represent a new saga and one that is highly popular at that. Also it has one of the best characters in Fire Emblem ever, my boy Arden.
<- cool guy​
Now going on to why Sigurd specifically should be in Smash: he's the more recognizable protagonist of the two. Sigurd has often appeared in official merchandise and games a lot sooner than Seliph: Sigurd is the only one of the pair to appear on the FE Premium Arrange II Album cover, a cover that is a celebration of every single Fire Emblem protagonist, even the Three Houses Lords. Seliph is just really oddly absent from it. Sigurd is a lot more recognized in Fire Emblem Heroes, with more alternate costumes than his son. He's also pretty popular, landing comfortably at 55 of 791 eligible characters in the 2017 Choose Your Legends poll and 29 of 801 eligible characters in 2021. Thus, it can be argue that Sigurd is the face of Genealogy as recognized by Intelligent Systems. Sure, we have broken precedence a lot, especially with Kazuya and freaking IORI YAGAMI in Smash over the more recognizable Heihachi and (arguably) Kyo. This leads us to why he should be in Smash Bros., period, with how his gameplay and imagery would be completely different than his son and other typically suggested Fire Emblem characters.

Possible Gameplay Styles
If you haven't noticed, every single piece of artwork I have used for Sigurd in this post have two things in common. His sword Tyrfing, and his horse. Yep, a horse. Sigurd, unlike many other common suggestions who have horses, starts his game out with his horse and ends his arc with his horse. Thus, when creating his moveset, we will have two givens: Sigurd will wield a sword, like his Fire Emblem friends before him (sadly), and he will remain put on his horse. This technically means that we will have the first quadrupedal Fire Emblem character. Naturally, as a Knight Lord, Sigurd will have high speed around the stage. However, like with other commonly suggested vehicular fighters, Sigurd will be awkward in the air. He's propelling two bodies at once, after all. There are ways to work around the problems faced in the air: magic, and the fact Fire Emblem horses are known for being quite... nimble (see the GBA and Three Houses critical animations). So combined, we would have a way for Sigurd to recover as well as hit enemies in the air.

Another way to distinguish Sigurd from the other blue hair pretty boys is with his sword. While we already have pretty mechanically interesting Fire Emblem swords (Marth and Lucina's Falchions), Sigurd's Tyrfing has the chance to be more accurate to his source material as well as be more mechanically interesting. It also comes with the skill Miracle, which allows for the wielder to have the chance of surviving lethal blows. This could be implemented in a number of ways, such as buffing his defense or activating via a button or condition. Regardless of how Tyrfing's skills are implemented, the combination of the factors that make Sigurd unique truly allows him to stand out from his peers.

Final Thoughts and TL;DR
So, if you read through all of that, you can probably see why Sigurd is not your typical anime pretty boy with blue hair. Sigurd's inclusion would recognize the origins of key Fire Emblem mechanics, introduce a new era, and hell, a new play style. While we do have an abundance of main characters from Fire Emblem, the series' rotating cast makes it difficult to branch off into side characters when there are so many interesting protagonists remaining. It would be pretty cool to have a main character on a horse, don't you think?

TL DR ↓↓
1. Sigurd represents Genealogy of the Holy War, which comes from one of the two unrepresented main Fire Emblem universes. (the other is Sacred Stones)
2. Sigurd and his game are extremely popular, often scoring high on polls and receiving high reviews.
3. Genealogy of the Holy War introduced many of the core Fire Emblem gameplay mechanics that are still in use today, and are still not represented in Smash.
4. He would be our first fully vehicular fighter, and a quadrupedal one at that, leading to a unique play style, especially for Fire Emblem.
5. He's hot 😏
ITSUKI AOI

It's Marth.. with a Persona, who doesn't want that right?

Hailing from a game that gets SMT fan the short end of a stick, he's basically our player character trust into a world of the Japanese idol industry that is far from normal, balancing between his life of acting and killing Mirages. He also made an appearance in Heroes and Cypher and is a legitimate part of the Fire Emblem series.

He's inclusion is basically the same as Grovyle and that it represent the series' spin-off title and while so far we've only gotten 1 game and am enhanced rerelease who's to say they won't make more?

Unpopular opinion but male idol > Female idol.
This and Bob? Hmm, beginning to sense a pattern here

Anyways my submission will be a bit of an odd pick, but still a popular character a lot of people love: Lysithea. There will probably be spoilers for Three Houses:
View attachment 335786
Who is Lysithea?
Lysithea is one of the students in the Golden Deer house on Fire Emblem: Three Houses. She’s a magic prodigy who is hard-working, a bit stubborn, and easily gets frustrated when she thinks people treat her like a child but is still a nice person. She also really likes sweets. Lysithea also has a pretty sad back story: she was kidnapped and experimented on as a child to put two crests into her body, something which has never been done before. For those of you who don’t know, crests are rare magic abilities in Three Houses that allow people to do a certain type of magic. In the game they’re often used to discriminate against people who don’t have crests and they have caused a lot of suffering in people, including Lysithea. Anyways this worked but it unfortunately shortened her life span greatly meaning she had to live her life knowing she would die young. There are some endings of the game where she can be cured but most of the time she does end up dying. This makes her a pretty tragic figure but also one that shines brightly and is remembered by a lot of people. It may seem a bit sad to include her as a character given this backstory but I don’t think it would be that big of a point against her.

Her personality and backstory has made her a really popular character in the fanbase, and there are a lot of memes about how since she’s good with dark magic she can really easily beat the Death Knight enemy, who is really strong. She also yells out “You’re irrelevant!” in one of her win quotes which could be hilarious as a taunt.

Why Should She Be In Smash?
Why should Lysithea be in smash? Well, I think the popularity, like I mentioned before, is enough to consider her for a slot but it’s mostly her moveset which is based around dark magic. I imagine she would hit hard with big dark magic attacks and would be able to use a lot of the dark attacks we see in the game. This would make her a pretty unique fighter as far as potential FE reps go and would make her pretty fun to play as, as well. Overall it’s a character that would be a bit of a surprise but one they would make a lot of three houses fans excited, especially given the lack of any FE side characters in this game being playable.
Gonna be blunt. I know very little about Fire Emblem. But I decided to go with someone who I think would be a fun addition.

Anna

A recurring character across most Fire Emblem games. Anna is a shopkeeper who has appeared as an NPC in almost every Fire Emblem game, and has became a recurring playable character from Awakening onwards. Some even believe there may be multiple Annas.

Anna's many appearances give her a huge amount of moveset potential, as she has wielded different weapons over her appearances. She also has potential for multiple alternative skins.

Ending on a character like Anna would be fun as she's not a character many would think would be playable, but is important enough to her seires to earn a place.
Job #201

Micaiah

File:FERD Micaiah.png

Micaiah is one of the main protagonists of Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn alongside Ike. She would be a mage character similar to Robin, but she would be using light magic as part of her arsenal to differentiate herself. Micaiah is one of the more fan favorite characters in the series and had a popular following during the Brawl days, so I think she would fit great in Smash. Radiant Dawn is also one of the more beloved games in the series as well, so all the more reason she would be a great addition as a unique mage fighter.
View attachment 335809
Considering what games i've played and what options i had there wasn't that much ideas i can pull for a fire emblem rep that would be different so, Here's Shamir from Three Houses.

She's a mercenary who works for the Knights of Seiros yet not an instructor unlike Byleth, Manuela, and Hanneman.

Shamir would fight using her bows & arrows and a lance since the bows are her main weapon & for lances she offers for weekend seminars. She wouldn't be the most high requested character for smash but she'd be one of the most unique fire emblem reps to request.
Aight, offbeat unlikely pick time
View attachment 335830
Job 201 - Nephenee
Quick rundown, Nephenee is a unit from Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance and it's sequel, Radiant Dawn. She's a farm girl from Crimea who ended up recruited into the militia during the fight with Daein. Due to her rural accent and mannerisms, she's shy and afraid of embarrassing herself in front of the rest of the army. Also she ended up pretty popular as far as Tellius characters go, though in the current era of Fire Emblem with more modern installments and the recent boom of fans after Three Houses, she might've dropped off a bit compared to the earlier years.

I terms of importance... Well, she has a lance. It's customary for the Soldier class, and that last bit's actually pretty notable because Soldiers are usually the generic mooks to be mowed down in Fire Emblem. We did get a couple playable Soldiers when they debuted in Gaiden, but Gaiden's the black sheep of the franchise and was Japan-only, before the series really took off. Ephiram from Sacred Stones basically has a flashier version of the Soldier as his class, but for the most part he's counted as a Lord rather than a mere Soldier. Nephenee was the first time the West ever got a playable Soldier. And again, she was pretty popular when the Tellius games first came out, and despite their poor showing sales-wise Path of Radiance is regarded pretty well by the Western fanbase, or so I'm told.

Adding to that, Nephenee's whole farmer-to-soldier thing could be used to demonstrate FE's mechanics of promotions, with the Tellius games having three different levels; In her case, the Soldier levels up to the Halberdier, and in Radiant Dawn she can go further to the nigh-unstoppable Sentinel. So that's another thing going for her.

But mainly I just think she's neat. Honestly she's probably gonna be one of those out-there character submissions that only get a couple votes, but hey, it was worth a shot :drshrug:
  • Kiran (Heroes)
  • Tsubasa Oribe (Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE)
  • Fjorm (Heroes)
  • Edelgard (Three Houses)
  • Tiki (reoccurring)
  • Itsuki Aoi (Tokyo Mirage)
  • Jeddah (Echoes)
  • Leonie (Three Houses)
  • Oliver (Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn)
  • Celcia (Echoes)
  • Sigurd (Genealogy of War)
  • Lynthea (Three Houses)
  • Anna (reoccurring)
  • Micaiah (Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn)
  • Shamir (Three Houses)
  • Nephenee (Path of Radiant/Radiant Dawn)
OUR LAST LAUNCH ROSTER NEWCOMER

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Submissions are closed!

Alright, here is our final form for newcomers in our launch roster! This will decide fighter number 101 so make sure your vote counts! Please take a look at the roster and consider the characters we have included since then and the possible picks offered here. While I want to encourage you to vote for who you like, I feel it’s very important to vote who you think would be an appropriate representative for Fire Emblem in the launch roster and bring something unique to the table.

here we are…

The Dawn of the Final Day

OUR LAST LAUNCH ROSTER NEWCOMER
So, about the other character choices(Horror/FNAF, Shooter, and The Last Nintendo Character) are they just gonna be saved for DLC?

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Like with the fighting game characters, I really enjoy a lot of these submissions. Though there are a few that stick out to me, for better or for worse. I've separated this by saga for ease of navigation.

• Archanea (Tiki/Jedah/Celica): Okay, each of these submissions are of really really good characters. Tiki and Celica being fan-favorites that are common names in speculation. Jedah is a left-field pick, a villain, and has an interesting mechanic as detailed by Peridot. The only real gripe I have with all three submissions is that there's 4 (four) characters from Archanea already. All other sagas are repped with only one fighter, or not repped at all. They're good characters and are all important, but I'd like to see characters from other sagas as well. Something else against Tiki is that though she has appeared in FE1 and FE3, the design she already uses in Smash is from Awakening and I'm assuming (though this is just an assumption) that the Tiki that we'll be using is from Awakening. Awakening makes up 3 of the 4 Archanea reps so as much as I prefer the older Tiki design over the child, it'd kind of suck to have another character rooted in Awakening.
  • Jugdral (Sigurd): Sigurd is my own submission, so I'm a bit fired up. I think he would be a hot new addition to Smash. He'd be a trailblazer for new ground in terms of Fire Emblem, and that's perfectly fine. I know I did say that Jugdral is its own thing separate from Archanea, but the embers of connection are still there, as it's tied to by the faintest threads of lore, but nothing as blazingly obvious as having the same characters in games. But yeah, if you want to see why Sigurd has my heart entrenched in flames I think you should check out the Sigurd post.
  • Elibe & Magvel (No submissions yet): I'm really surprised we haven't gotten any submissions from these eras. Usually, Lyn, Hector, and Ephraim would dominate conversations about a Fire Emblem newcomer. They're important games and where a lot of poor souls start out. I actually hoped to see a submission from these 3 games, whether it be a lord or a villain (LYON!!), but I don't really think that would be happening now.I originally submitted Lyn as a Mii Costume to have a more interesting FE round than just Lyn and Black Knight winning and I think it worked, for better or for worse.
  • Tellius (Oliver/Micaiah): I submitted Black Knight for our final First Party echo a while back and I'm surprised he hasn't made a return. That being said, this batch is just really interesting to me. Micaiah, the main lord of FE10 and... Oliver. I like Oliver! He's great, he's funny, he provides a niche that isn't explored by any Fire Emblem in smash. He's also relevant to the story, unlike some other side character submissions. But... I don't ever see him being in Smash, let alone before other more important characters from Tellius. Realistically, he'd probably be good as the third or fourth rep from Tellius, but not as the second when characters like Micaiah, Black Knight, Elincia, etc. are still in minor roles. Really, if this were our own FE roster, I would spam votes for him. Though I wouldn't mind if he won. Oliver is great! Micaiah would also be a great addition, but one that makes more sense. She's a main character after all, and she would be decently different from the other mages (or mage wannabes) in Smash, especially Robin. I'd also like to see how, if possible, we could implement Yune (Micaiah's little bird) in attacks since she's cool too.
  • Fates (No submissions yet): I do not care for Fates aside from the music.
  • Fódlan (Edelgard/Leonie/Lysithea/Shamir): This is where I have my most concerns. Three Houses is a topical game, as the most recent release in the mainline Fire Emblem series. The thing that I think pushed Byleth as the frontrunner over other characters in Ultimate was that they aren't super affiliated with any house in particular. That being said, Edelgard is probably one of my favorite fictional characters despite her flaws and I have like a million fancams of her saved. She definitely has moveset potential, being a heavy axe user with capabilities for magic. When I first submitted Seteth as an Assist Trophy forever ago, I noted that the most important gameplay mechanic introduced in Three Houses, the gambits, were completely absent aside from a little reference in Byleth's trailer. This would most likely be Edelgard's final smash, to avoid spoiling what is arguably the most complete route in the game, Azure Moon. But yeah, Edelgard is really really cool and of the three + one house leaders, I really think she would be next in line for a Three Houses character. She's story relevant in every route (whether or not she is well implemented is another can of worms), she's unique, she's a villain, just awesome character all around. Now... the other three. Imagine, if you will, you have gotten up at 6 am to watch the new Smash Trailer. The two lines cross the screen and you are sitting on the edge of your seat. The screen is dark and you hear a blaring horn sound. A crewmate from Among Us walks into frame, and you are screaming. Screaming " oh my GOD AMONGUS???" but the splash screen never comes. Instead, the crewmate just walks to the task where you dump out the leaves, and one of the leaves is the fighter. The trailer abruptly ends, and you are left confused. A dead leaf?? from Among Us?? This is how I would feel about having these three in Smash. Not only are they three random students, they happen to fall into the lower to mid-tier of relevancy for students. (Shamir is an instructor but I'll have a separate part for her.) The kicker is that these students come from the Golden Deer house, and there's not much that would put them above the other characters in the other houses. Would I love for my favorite students to be playable in Smash? Hell yeah. But really, as our last newcomer, especially in a Fire Emblem game with at least 3 other clear characters (Edelgard, Dimitri, and Claude) to come next, it's just confusing. Shamir is a little better, but not by much, as she doesn't have affiliation with another house. She's alright, but probably one of the least important staff members. If a member of Church staff is playable (and they are, their name is Byleth), I believe characters like Seteth and Rhea would take priority. Again, priority for characters is something that has been kind of pushed aside since we've had characters like Min Min and Kazuya, but there's a difference between having one of many faces of a game be playable and a random character with no plot or marketing relevance (Lysithea gets a pass here only because she's popular) be playable in a crossover.
  • Heroes (Kiran/Fjorm): Heroes is great, it's Nintendo's mobile money maker. I don't really have much to say for them since they are definitely important to the series despite being a spinoff and they're both story relevant characters. Kiran is the one I have an issue with because of the Breidablik being an item, but GolisoPower gave a pretty good alternative. My only problem with this alternative is that it's not too indicative of Kiran. Sure, he has the abilities to fight without summoning Serra from FE7, but what's the point of having the summoner not summon? It's just kind of boggling. Maybe if he was submitted in Smash 64, this would fly, but with stronger technology comes a stronger tie to the source material. Onto Fjorm, I originally had issues with her because she's just one of the new book protags and there's not much to put her above Eir, Peony, and Reginn. But I haven't played Heroes in forever (I quit a year after the game came out, but went back for Fjorm for another year, and then quit again) and WeirdChillFever has rightfully noted that she's been pretty relevant and marketable since her inception. Cool! Another Ice user, especially one tied to a melee weapon instead of projectiles would definitely be great. Definitely a good rep for the Heroes games.
  • Tokyo Mirage Sessions (Tsubasa/Itsuki): I have never played TMS Sharp FE so please excuse me for anything I get wrong. I really like the idea of having these characters in and I have no idea who to pick as the representative. I'd probably go for Itsuki since he's the main protagonist but Tsubasa seems to be pushed more overall. Plus, Caeda is a cool persona haha. TMS Sharp FE may be a spinoff title and be a weird crossover, but it's a spinoff title that Nintendo and IntSys still like, proof being in the rerelease on Switch and having a bunch of these suckers in Heroes. Hell, Itsuki was even in the FE History video for Heroes. So yeah, TMS Sharp FE is definitely a great choice for a visually distinct FE rep, and one with a unique playstyle. Whoever wants to argue for their pick for the rep can go ahead because I do not have a preference.
  • Anna (Anna): Anna has been a recurring character forever. If you don't know how prevalent she is, she's practically the Nurse Joy of Fire Emblem. Her variable weapons and status as a shopkeeper would give her an interesting moveset. She's popular and also one of the main characters of Heroes. Being a DLC character in Three Houses, her moveset has expanded quite dramatically with the ability to spec into nearly every class in the game. Every other character I think I had a legitimate concern on, but for Anna, I don't really have one besides thinking that she fits a lot better as an NPC shopkeeper than a fighter. But that's just me.
  • Other, nonspecific thoughts: Being in the Leadership Team and having to find out guidelines for uniformity for spirits and renders has kind of scarred me. Another reason why I'm a bit hesitant to vote for the side characters is that they likely don't have renders and especially so for Three Houses. We haven't released the Fire Emblem spirit guidelines yet, but the only characters with usable art for spirits are the House Leaders, Byleth, the Flame Emperor, the Death Knight, and the characters in the Smash Spirit Board and Three Houses DLC. So if I had to give an estimate, that would be around 15% of characters with usable art, and art that we already used in Smash nonetheless. Just a little thing to think about.
This is a good writeup, but I want to clear something up for those who aren't FE fans. This writeup somewhat oversimplifies the Archanea saga, which I would say composes of three main branches.

• FE1/3 and their Remakes are the games that actually take place in Archanea. This is where Marth, Caeda, Tiki, etc. come from.
  • FE2 and it's remake take place in a seperate continent in the same universe, Valentia. It takes place in the same time period as the Marth games, and a few characters from them show up, but they're essentially cameos and on the whole it's rather seperate. The remake does include a bit more Archanean content in the post game, but it has next to nothing to do with Marth.
  • FE12, Awakening, takes place in Archanea (now called Ylisse) almost two thousand years after the first three games. The main plot has suprisingly little connection to prior games, but there are nods to them (the biggest of which is the return of Tiki). As for Valentia, about a third of the game deals with what that continent has been up to, and the FE2 remake adds some post game content to reference Awakening.
Additionally, a few of the continents mentioned as seperate have Archanean connections. Jugdral (FE4/5) canonically take place in the same universe, Fates has a few characters from Awakening show up (both in the flesh and in contrived reincarnation stuff), and Tellius (the Ike duology)... it depends on if you view Priam as canon, and you don't get a FE fan started on that. I agree that we really don't need a fourth Awakening rep, and a second Archanea rep is iffy... but Valenia is just as viable as Jugdral or FE6 to me.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So, about the other character choices(Horror/FNAF, Shooter, and The Last Nintendo Character) are they just gonna be saved for DLC?
umm..what are you trying to ask exactly? I’m not just really understanding your question.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Ah no.. that wouldn’t have any bearing on the dlc prompts

Job 202: Submit a Fatal Fury Stage

As mentioned earlier, we will be putting the King of Fighter’s Stadium within the King of Fighters universe. We will then give Fatal Fury an entirely new stage to accommodate for Terry. I get the feeling that perhaps only a select few might now about Fatal Fury stages so here is a list:

This has links to each Fatal Fury game which has a section for stages

As per usual, please provide the name, a picture, what game is it from, how does it look like, any stage hazards or gimmicks, cameos, and it’s battlefield and omega form.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Obligatory Tiki Shill Post

DRAGONS ARE REALLY COOL AND TIKI IS A DRAGON SO THAT IS COOL TIMES 2

anyways

Job 202

Freight Express (Garou: Mark Of The Wolves)

This stage would be pretty simple, it would be a decently sized platform with 2 half-length walls on both sides that act as walkoffs

After the train passes by in the background you can see a random combination of Garou characters.

After while the train starts to move

The train eventually goes back to the station.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Job 202:
1635303033688.png

Geese Tower:
A prominent location across all SNK fighting games, Geese Tower is home to Geese Howard, Terry Bogard's eternal enemy for killing his adoptive father Jeff. The stage takes place atop the tower at a temple in the middle of the stage. At first, it looks like a simple FD-style stage with nothing too special. But, there is a unique mechanic to it: by holding Shield and tapping the jump button with the joystick up or down, you can jump into a different lane, just like in Fatal Fury! Just be careful, though: if the opponent is in a different lane when you hit them, they will be forcibly dragged into that same lane as you, just so it's fair.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Quick thoughts on the FE vote - Anna all the way.

There isn't any new game that has to be promoted this time around, and I'm generally against the "main protags only" mindset. There are plenty of unrepresented FE games that could use a playable character, but I don't find any of them exceptionally noteworthy. I feel like it's a good time to add the character who has incredibly flexible moveset options, represents the series as a whole and has a far more unique personality when compared to the main lords of each game. I've always liked the idea of Anna in Smash, and without any need to represent the newest game, I feel like it's a good time to finally add her.

...and I missed the FG character vote. Given that MK was off the table, I probably would have pushed for Sol...but Iori is based as ****, so I'm not complainin'.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Vote for a character who's not some rando!

Tiki, Anna, Celica, Sigurd, Micaiah, Edelgard, or that chick from Tokyo Mirage Sessions
No, let's vote for all the randos. Let's make an entire roster out of randos.

I voted for the the purple devil guy.

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
I remember I made it very clear a while ago as to who my vote was going for when this round eventually came to be. That being said, it wasn't the easiest vote surprisingly. some very good picks here

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Anna has a few drawback given that she's a very minor character but has a lot of appearance, it's basically like putting Nurse Joy as a character but, I don't mind that because I like Nurse Joy.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Vote for a character who's not some rando!

Tiki, Anna, Celica, Sigurd, Micaiah, Edelgard, or that chick from Tokyo Mirage Sessions
Jedah is the main antagonist of Fire Emblem Garden and it's remake. I'd argue that makes him more than "some rando", or at least not a Bob Tekken tier one.

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
Job 202: Fatal Fury Stage
The Freight Express

6lbIMgm.gif

The Freight Express is a very iconic location from Garou: Mark of the Wolves, the most recent (1999 lol) and well-known mainline Fatal Fury game of the bunch. The stage is very reminiscent of the West Albuquerque stage in Fatal Fury 2, which is the stage you see when visiting Terry's spirit board in Ultimate. Now, if the looks already didn't imply, this is Terry's stage in Mark of the Wolves.

In the original game, this stage is a freight train that runs through New South Town. It's carrying timber logs on the left side. On the main platform, there's a wooden box, ropes, a tow bag and the expression "Running Wild". On the right side there's a caboose. In the first round, the fight occurs while the sun rises from the horizon with the beautiful ocean in view, in the 1st round, with the train stopped in the waiting line in the 2rd round and a bridge in the final rounds. Linked are videos of the specific rounds in gameplay, to give you an idea.

So in Infinite, how would this stage exactly work? The platform, just like in the original, would keep rumbling to really sell the idea of it being continental traintrip. As for the stage layout itself, visually-speaking it would pretty much be identical to its Garou counerpart. When zoomed out the entire stage would come into view, here's a shoddy mock-up I've made to visualize the size of the stage. The wooden logs and caboose on the sides would work as walls, so you'll only be able to blast your opponents to the upper sides and the sky. Although that isn't everything this stage has to offer...

Here comes the dealmaker, the stage's background isn't constantly going to be the ocean. In fact, this train will visit iconic places from the Fatal Fury series, so you better hop in before it departs! Inbetween the locations are smooth periods of transition. The stage will go through an entire day, from morning, where the start of the cycle begins, till night, where the end of the cycle ends! Of course, this is to reference the fact that a lot of Fatal Fury stages have these daytime/nighttime transitions inbetween rounds. The stage would both start AND end in the waiting line very early in the morning (2nd round version of the original stage) and after around 10 seconds it will start to ready for its departure. Here's a roadmap of the stage in full (spoilered), along with some mockups of mine that would help visualize the stage along with the train. While I do want to preface that the mockups don't represent the actual stage, and they're just here as a visualization tool, cause you're gonna have to do a bit more imagining yourself.

SectionInfo
1. Freight Express Station

Garouterry2bg.gif
This is the first section in this stage, although it is originally the second round variant of Terry's stage. This is where we start off, passengers. While the original version takes place in the middle of the day, we'll take some liberty and set this up in the morning, right before sunset. After around 10 seconds, we'll start to depart!​
2. Sunrise

6lbIMgm.gif
One of the travelling sections in this stage, originally this is the first round variant of Terry's stage in MotW. Here you can take in the beautiful sunrise. Sometimes an airplane might appear in the distance, which clearly upon further inspection belongs to Alfred Airhawk. Once that's over with, we'll slowly enter a foresty area...​
3. Sarah Forest

6lbIMgm.gif (5).png
Still in the late morning, we have our first stop after departure. This is Butt's/Marco's homestage from Garou: Mark of the Wolves. No cameo from him though, only his lonely hut, training equipment, broken trees due to incredible training and animals. We'll stay in this section for around 20-25 seconds, then we'll start to depart yet again. Once we leave this forest area, it starts to become a bit desert-ish.​
4. West Albuequerque

In the heat of the day, at noon, yet another travelling section, in the background of the Freight Express we see the iconic Mount Rushmore from Terry's stage in Fatal Fury 2. Nostalgic! Once Mount Rushmore disappears, our transition to a new area begins and our next stop awaits. We enter a city.​
5. South Town Village

6lbIMgm.gif (7).png
Once afternoon comes, we travel through South Town village, based on Billy's stage in the first ever Fatal Fury. Just like the original stage, you can spot a car with the word "SNK" graffiti'd on it. Unlike the original stage in Fatal Fury, there are no random onlookers viewing the battle. Perhaps all gone to watch the battle in the KOF Stadium? After a good 15 seconds, we'll stop in another nearby and very iconic location.​
5. Howard Arena

6lbIMgm.gif (6).png
We're now in the late afternoon and we have a temporary stop. In the center, from a distance, we notice the iconic Howard Estate, based on Fatal Fury 3. With the passing of time, the clouds begin to close, until raindrops fall. In addition, the light from the buildings in the background lit up. Once we depart yet again, the weather has mercy on us and it stops raining.​
6. Barbaroi Falls

6lbIMgm.gif (9).png
In the evening we enter a rocky mountaneous area and travel through it, upon resting at a waterfall spot. We take a breather and fully take in that beautiful waterfall. This location is based on Gato's stage in MotW. Once night comes, which is in about 15 seconds, we'll start riding. There's seems to be a coast ahead of us.​
7. Blue Wave Harbor

6lbIMgm.gif (10).png
We finally enter night, and make yet again a temporary stop, this time at the Harbor, more specifically Blue Wave Harbor. This is originally B. Jenet's stage from Mark of the Wolves, who is the captain of the Lilien Knights. In the background we notice their ship that is destroying the pier. We also notice some more boats, palm trees and some sailors. After a bit, we depart, nearing the end of our trip.​
8. Freight Express Bridge

stageterrymotw3.png
We're finally nearing the end of our tour of both Old and New South Town and mount a bridge. No stop here, we ride this entire bridge, baby. Instead of it being day, like in the original version of Terry's stage in MotW, we're pretty late into the night. We ride on the Express Bridge for a while, and arrive back to our station for a temporary stop, this resets the cycle, and we depart yet again early in the morning.​

And that's about it. Seems like the Freight Express itself already got submitted, so if it's too much of a hassle to have 2 submissions of the same name during voting, you may call my stage "Transcontinental Railroad" instead.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I can understand people wanting to vote for tokyo mirage sessions characters over characters from other parts of the series but I feel like just because they’re from a part of the series that doesn’t have a rep doesn’t mean they should instantly be prioritized over other characters. That’s just my opinion though.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Let me make a small argument for Oliver in the context of this specific job:

An FE rep is, at this point, always gonna be a bummer. An FE rep right before launch? A real bummer. However, an unpredictable character who is completely different and appeals to many tropes the series' detractors would likely enjoy would soften the blow somewhat.

Imagine a world where FE and Mario are swapped - popularity, history, Smash rep, but the games are the same, and then Rosalina is revealed. A character completely unlike any other playable Mario character and clearly appealing to that more serious tone. That would soften the blow if you were a fan of the serious characters who are oft passed up in favour of Scrimblos in this alternate-universe-of-an-alternate-universe, right?

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master

An FE rep is, at this point, always gonna be a bummer. An FE rep right before launch? A real bummer. However, an unpredictable character who is completely different and appeals to many tropes the series' detractors would likely enjoy would soften the blow somewhat.

Imagine a world where FE and Mario are swapped - popularity, history, Smash rep, but the games are the same, and then Rosalina is revealed. A character completely unlike any other playable Mario character and clearly appealing to that more serious tone. That would soften the blow if you were a fan of the serious characters who are oft passed up in favour of Scrimblos in this alternate-universe-of-an-alternate-universe, right?
I feel like this applies to a lot of the other side characters that were submitted as well since FE doesn’t really have any yet

Last edited:

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord

I think Oliver would make FE fans (the people a FE character should be catered to, not the people who wouldn't want more FE) upset lol. It's like if instead Piranha Plant, the generic enemy joke rep for Mario was Battle Beetle from Super Mario Land 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom