• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

The complaints about Pyramid Head aways come from people who haven't played a SH game. Pretty much all horror characters have messed up origins. I don't like when they bring him back in other SH games because it never makes sense. But for a big dumb crossover like Smash? Whatever.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Kerrigan
Starcraft
Kerrigan is the Queen of Blades who commands the Zerg. Originally a Terran operative, she was captured by the Zerg and infested leading her to become a leading commander of its forces and, eventually, it’s ruler. Kerrigan is constantly featured on top lists for both villain and female gaming characters. I chose Kerrigan based on this as I feel having both fulfilled would be a step in the right direction but she is nearly universally recognized and appreciated. This also brings RTS games into the mix and adds Starcraft. While Warcraft is more recognized than Starcraft, Kerrigan, to me, has more to work with. In regards to her attacks and powers, she utilizes psionic powers that would make her similar in application to the Mother heroes and Mewtwo but also utilizing devastating melee attacks along with Zerg units to retain the RTS gameplay.

Why is Kerrigan a Good Choice?

Beyond coming from a new series and being from a real-time strategy game, Kerrigan is a rather unique villain as she was forcibly transformed to forsake humanity and became to be the queen of a war-worshipping race that infests other planets. Beyond that, she has unique psychic abilities combined with the ability to use this infestation to destroy her opponents. This could provide to not only be unique as a mewtwo-like character but also the antithesis of Shulk where she can sabotage opponents. This and compiled with excellent zoning and edge guarding abilities would be quite an interesting character. This can be coupled with her unique design which is something we don’t often see in Smash. She has such an evil yet graceful design that doesn’t clash with the Smash aesthetic much.

And don’t forget Dwight Schrute from the Office cosplayed as her

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

NightmareSCV.png

Nightmare

I know we have a lot of fighting game characters. But Nightmare stands apart from the other muscled punch men by being an armored demon with a sword. He is so much more than just another sword user, though. He uses dark magic and his claw. SC has wonderful music and stage options.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
View attachment 355850
Nightmare

I know we have a lot of fighting game characters. But Nightmare stands apart from the other muscled punch men by being an armored demon with a sword. He is so much more than just another sword user, though. He uses dark magic and his claw. SC has wonderful music and stage options.
Honestly, this one feels like the best option for a villain rep.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Professor Layton is currently in the lead with 16 votes being casted which causes me to award Professor Layton with the win.

I’m sorry for being so late but Rare/Microsoft Villains are available to submit. Considering Fulgore’s role as KI’s villain; he is eligible.

Last edited:

NanayaGaming

Smash Journeyman
My submission for this job is Gilgamesh from Fate, Fate has games in Nintendo Switch in the form of the Extella series where Gil is also playable.
I love my AUO and I think he is very cool, he is also very popular and is even one of the protagonist characters in Fate/Extra CCC
1656723723331.png

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
My submission for this job is Gilgamesh from Fate, Fate has games in Nintendo Switch in the form of the Extella series where Gil is also playable.
I love my AUO and I think he is very cool, he is also very popular and is even one of the protagonist characters in Fate/Extra CCC
Is this a villain?

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
View attachment 355821
REVOLVER OCELOT

Who is he?
Revolver Ocelot is a recurring character in the Metal Gear series, usually a villain and sometimes an anti-hero. A counterpart to Snake, Ocelot has consistently been in an antagonistic role for most of the series, with Metal Gear Solid V being the exception, and even then he's an antihero.

Why Ocelot?
Up there with Snake, Ocelot is one of the most important characters in the Metal Gear franchise, pretty much as popular as the likes of Raiden or Big Boss. And with Metal Gear making its way back into Smash Bros via Ultimate, the franchise is due another character, I feel. This is where Ocelot comes in.

How Would He Play?
In Smash Bros, Snake is a stage control character with versatile specials and projectiles, constantly forcing his foes to a disadvantage. I believe we could invert this somewhat for Ocelot: in Smash, Ocelot would be more of a focused character with less versatile, yet still strong specials, some tight up-close combat, and a unique aimable disjoint that allows him to strip the foe of their advantage as opposed to forcing a foe to disadvantage.
Maybe a weird election, but trust me I have some reasons to why consider him.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Suffering defeat after defeat, that man’s body was reaching it’s limit…
breaking down… but he couldn’t die yet, the man had a job that must be done:
To defeat his twin brother"

VERGIL
SHOWS HIS MOTIVATION!

Who is Vergil?
Vergil is one of the sons of Sparda the Legendary Dark Knight and the human Eva apart of the twin brother of Dante, Vergil was always be portrayed has his opposite being their main difference how Dante rejected his inner demon embracing his human heritage meanwhile he constantly denies his humanity searching the power that his demonic blood can provide. The first appearence of Vergil wasn't actually completely has himself but a brainwashed version called Nelo Angelo, his more well-know portrayal appeared in the third game Dante's Awakening where he is the main antagonist of the game, in Devil May Cry 4 he had a pseudo-canonical appearence has a playable character in the Special Edition of the game and reappears once again in Devil May Cry 5 being the main antagonist (and also the villain) this time. You can even say that even when Vergil doesn't appear he is always related in some way to the plot.
Why Vergil over Dante?
Probably the question most people would be doing the moment they looked this, why you should include he instead of Dante who is the protagonist?, well, first for all, is kinda fair to say that Capcom doesn't care about Dante's status has the protagonist since the actual games even if include him in the poster it's Nero who should be considered the protagonist, yet even then this doesn't answer the question of why we should add him over Dante or even Nero, well I think there are two reasons why he must be at least considerated.
  • Fan Preference
Vergil is the most popular character of the franchise, you can note it just searching how many memes, fanarts, etc are of him, everyone loves Bury the Light and everyone hates (and at the same time love) how broken he is in Marvel vs Capcom 3, and the proper Capcom tends to use him has the main push for buy the Special Edition's of the games. Even if Dante is cool (and I would love to see him) Vergil isn't a bad election in terms of popularity.
  • Lore
Has I said before you can perfectly say that DMC's plots is about Vergil and you would be right, Vergil is always present in a way or other into the story, in DMC1 he appears has Nelo Angelo, part of the reason why Dante has a drastic chance in DMC2 is because Vergil, in DMC3 Vergil appears physically and the plot is about how Dante must stop him, Vergil's son is the protagonist of DMC 4 and 5, in DMC4 his sword is an important key in the game and in DMC5 Vergil is the only reason why Dante was even interesed to take the job, so not only in fan popularity but in terms of the game's story Vergil is relevant enough to be considered a good replace of the other son of Sparda.
How Vergil would play?
The main reason why I would even think on include Vergil over Dante is his gameplay, sure maybe Vergil lacks Dante's variety of weapons but he compesates it with something in particular and it's his technique. You can say that Vergil would be "a generic swordsman" and you will be totally wrong, because...did you even see what Vergil can do even with just three weapons?
He could also bring almost anything Dante could have in terms of gimmicks (combos, Devil Trigger, between some others) with the exception of the styles (that honestly I usually don't like those fanon Dante's moveset that uses the Style gimmick..., mainly because they try to change all his special moves and even his normales that actually makes his moveset more limited than variante). He also has his own unique mechanic in the form of the Concentration meter that it's unique since it could be considered the Anti-Tension Meter, it compensates when you do precise attacks, walks slowly and even just standing still but whiff to much, being attacked and even run unnecesary reduces this meter and with that Vergil's power, Good Vergil players should avoid the move spamming and try to control of the space mantaining mostly estathic (unless they are using his teleport) whole a bad Vergil player would be punished for miss moves and take hits that the could avoid.
Summary
  • Vergil is a submission equally good to Dante.
  • Vergil could bring a similar playstyle to Dante or even a more unique one.
  • Vergil has the approval of the fanbase to be the DMC rep.
  • Vergil is awesome.
Emet-selch (Final Fantasy XIV)

MAJOR FFXIV SPOILERS BELOW!

The main villain of Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers and a recurring presence throughout the series. Emet-selch is an ancient and a member of the Ascians and he helped to establish the nefarious Garlean Empire and ruled it under the name "Solus Zos Galvus"

Emet-selch's true name is Hades and uses the power of darkness

Emet-selch can use the abilities he has in his boss fight and also the powers he has as an ancient as seen in Endwalker

Final Fantasy XIV is an incredibly popular FF title and has received near universal praise for it's writing and gameplay.

FFXIV also has an incredible soundtrack that also has near universal praise.

In conclusion, Emet-selch would not only be an interesting character to add not only for his gameplay but also the new Final Fantasy representation is valuable.

Majima isn't a villain my guy, he's an antihero.

Either way...

Handsome Jack (Borderlands series)
View attachment 355817

Borderlands is pretty cool, and Jack is known far and wide as one of gaming's most charismatic villains, and is arguably the main character of Borderlands 2 (at least, in his own mind). The self-proclaimed ruler of Pandora definitely knows his way around a gun, and he's got a wide arsenal of weaponry he could pull from. Borderlands also has iconic enemies like the Psycho Bandit and Claptraps who could theoretically assist him; and the alien world of Pandora would make for a killer stage.
Here’s my submission for a third party villain

Master Xehanort (Kingdom Hearts)

View attachment 355824

He is (well, was) basically the major antagonist across the entire Kingdom Hearts franchise. I don’t recall us adding much Kingdom Hearts content so I feel his pack can come with a lot more content from the spin-offs and all. Maybe even some Kingdom Hearts x Final Fantasy crossover spirits, heh? He would fight by using his powers of darkness and his keyblade as well making him the anti-Sora. Oh yea, and we can add another Kingdom Hearts location as his stage given the multitude of original locations in the game. Given that Kingdom Hearts 4 is coming out within Infinite’s timeline, another Kingdom Hearts character can get fans more excited to play the game but with a former main antagonist.

Crow/Goro Akechi (Persona 5)
Since Persona fans will now play their favorite game thanks to the Switch port and Akechi is supposedly getting it's own spin-off I think it's a good time to submit him, while he wasn't the main villain from what I know, he is one of the villains in the game and the most iconic probably, he has a good moveset potential, the only thing that for me kinda of ruins Crow's inclussion it's the amount of Persona content already, but there's always something to add.
I hope Crow gets included because Persona 5 is every Persona fan's most wanted game to play
Character submission:
Shao Kahn (Mortal Kombat - Midway/Netherrealm studios/Warner bros. Interactive/Warner Bros. Discovery)
View attachment 355823
"Nothing can alter your destiny, nor mine!"

Who is this lad with the mask?
Shao Kahn is the primary antagonist of Midway's fighting game series Mortal Kombat and he is powerful tyrant of the Outworld throne. He is praised as one of most popular video game villains. Alongside Shinook, he serves as a primary antagonist of the series.
Although Shang Tsung is a main antagonist of the series, Shao Kahn is more popular than him in comparison. After his debut in MK II, he started to appear in other MK games as boss or even playable.

Shao Kahn the Konqueror is the overlord of Outworld and he served as antagonist for most of the series. He appeared as boss in multiple games and he was an antagonist in MK (2011)'s story mode and a secodary one in MK11's story mode. He was even an announcer for the game's arcade.

How the heck he could work in smash?
Well, well, well. Shao Kahn is not a stranger for fighting games, since he appeared in many of them. Yes, so his moveset for smash would be taken from Mortal Kombat games. He could use his signature hammer, fists, legs and more, given the fact that he is a fighting game character.
His gimmicks would be 1-1 Facing, Command Inputs, Button commands and he would have new gimmick in game like Super Meter, where it rises while dealing damage or taking damage. It can be spent to Amplify his special moves by holding the button or perform a deadly breaker move by pressing the special while shielding, which he could break out of his combos.
The gimmicks could reference MK games, where he originated from.

He would be heavyweight rushdown fighter with slow speed and he doesn't have any movement options such as crawling or wall-jumping. He could also have universal armor gimmick like Kazuya and Bowser.

There is a secret when you play him. When you could choose him as playable fighter, the announcer's voice changes into Mortal Kombat's one (It's kinda similar to Kazuya's situation, where he has different announcer).

Why Shao Kahn as fighter for Smash Infinite?
Shao Kahn should be added to smash roster, because he would represent Mortal Kombat franchise, or even Warner Bros. games as whole, which it would be similar to Sora, since he (Sora) is owned by non-video game company, just like Shao Kahn. Also he would have genuine moveset potential like using his hammer as side smash or even his final smash would be based on his Fatality move.

Since we got a Scorpion Mii costume, he would be suprise pick for the game, tricking many fans & gamers that the franchise got disconfirmed, but actually it wasn't.
His inclusion would expand the MK representation in Smash just like Tekken (Where we got a fighter after mii costume from the same franchise).

Also I know MK is "banned" in Japan, but due to Scorpion's inclusion as mii it would increase it's popularity to be included in the game.

Also like I mentioned earlier, he would be another character who is owned by non-video game company (Warner Bros. Discovery).

(Also imagine his reveal trailer, where fighting game characters encounter him in the battle).
Bad Piggy (Rovio)

Who are the Bad Piggies?
Coloured green as an at-the-time topical swine flu joke, the Bad Piggies are the villains of the massively influential Angry Birds series of games - within the plot of the original game, they had stolen the bird's eggs and planned to fry them as a meal, led by the greedy King Pig Smooth Cheeks, and thustly the birds needed to tear down their forts to get their eggs back.

The Bad Piggies would go on to star in their own title: Bad Piggies, where the player is tasked with building inventions to help the pigs get to their much-desired eggs using a variety of parts and gizmos. While maybe not as big as Angry Birds, Bad Piggies was a big deal when it first launched - propelling to the top of the App Store charts. This game will be the basis for my piggy pitch and the reason to choose them over their avian rivals

Why should a Bad Piggy be in?
Bad Piggies is due to recieve a long-awaited sequel very soon, and as a whole the Angry Birds franchise is having a nostalgic resurgence due to its fans becoming adults with their own money - the classic Angry Birds games have been returning to app stores for example. Zoomers who may have already been attracted by the inclusion of Crazy Dave and Steve would be very happy to see the Piggy join. Angry Birds is a puzzle franchise, something we still haven't properly represented, and at that a physics puzzle franchise, which would make it unique even if Dr. Mario is considered a puzzle rep. We also already have Angry Birds content in base game.

What would a Bad Piggy do?
The Bad Piggy's moveset would probably revolve in some form around vehicle creation - while this isn't the only possibility, my idea is that the piggy should be inside a single frame with a wheel on the bottom - the left, right, and top all have different gizmos attached that can be swapped with a Down B, these would modify back/neutral, forward, and up attacks respectively - so, for example, you could put a fan at top to deal damage with your Up B and add a windbox to your up smash, or an umbrella to add a slow descent after your Up B and give your up smash a bigger hitbox. Similarly, you could put a Soda bottle as your back part to get a multihit back air and neutral B that creates a long, damage dealing geyser backward, or put on a pump to have your back air propel you a bit forwards and Neutral B that pushes foes behind you away with wind. (this is assuming that the Up B and Neuteal B are just standard flight and dash attacks, which they probably won't be)
View attachment 351476
There are many other ways to handle this though, like creating your own kart shapes; or having a destructible kart with some kind of physics to it.

Why a pig over a bird?
The most memorable part of Angry Birds is the wooden and steel structures - something the birds just can't represent since their goal in the game is to destroy them. The pigs, being the ones who build the structures, can represent the structures in the form of vehicles. Although there's only one Bad Piggies game, it is just as beloved as the other games, if not moreso, and has kept relevance through nostalgic memes and absurd inventions that show them as more than just the washed up pop culture icons people tend to (wrongfully) see the birds as.
Kerrigan
Starcraft
Kerrigan is the Queen of Blades who commands the Zerg. Originally a Terran operative, she was captured by the Zerg and infested leading her to become a leading commander of its forces and, eventually, it’s ruler. Kerrigan is constantly featured on top lists for both villain and female gaming characters. I chose Kerrigan based on this as I feel having both fulfilled would be a step in the right direction but she is nearly universally recognized and appreciated. This also brings RTS games into the mix and adds Starcraft. While Warcraft is more recognized than Starcraft, Kerrigan, to me, has more to work with. In regards to her attacks and powers, she utilizes psionic powers that would make her similar in application to the Mother heroes and Mewtwo but also utilizing devastating melee attacks along with Zerg units to retain the RTS gameplay.

Why is Kerrigan a Good Choice?

Beyond coming from a new series and being from a real-time strategy game, Kerrigan is a rather unique villain as she was forcibly transformed to forsake humanity and became to be the queen of a war-worshipping race that infests other planets. Beyond that, she has unique psychic abilities combined with the ability to use this infestation to destroy her opponents. This could provide to not only be unique as a mewtwo-like character but also the antithesis of Shulk where she can sabotage opponents. This and compiled with excellent zoning and edge guarding abilities would be quite an interesting character. This can be coupled with her unique design which is something we don’t often see in Smash. She has such an evil yet graceful design that doesn’t clash with the Smash aesthetic much.

And don’t forget Dwight Schrute from the Office cosplayed as her
View attachment 355850
Nightmare

Cant do a full write up but I will officially submit Pyramid Head
Here are our submissions:

• Revovler Ocelot (Metal Gear Solid)
  • Vergil (Devil May Cry)
  • Emet-Selch (Final Fantasy)
  • Handsome Jack (Borderlands)
  • Master Xenahort (Kingdom Hearts)
  • Crow/Goro Akechi (Persona)
  • SHao Kahn (Mortal Kombat)
  • Bad Piggies (Angry Birds)
  • Kerrigan (Starcraft)
  • Nightmare (SoulCalibur)
  • Pyramid Head (Silent Hill)
  • Gilgamesh (Fate/Stay Night)
Did I forget any?

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Ok, everyone. Here are our submissions! Thank you to everyone who submitted content.

Please fill out the link here!

On the wikia, it listed the Black Beast as the sumbol for BlazBlue. I tried making that symbol. I gave up a quarter way of making it. Unless someone else can make an .svg file of it, I opted for an easier Aramasa symbol which is Ragna's sword.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
On the wikia, it listed the Black Beast as the sumbol for BlazBlue. I tried making that symbol. I gave up a quarter way of making it. Unless someone else can make an .svg file of it, I opted for an easier Aramasa symbol which is Ragna's sword.
Makes sense, I guess. I was thinking of just sticking with the head to make it easier, like with Dead Spike, but I guess the Aramasa's a better choice.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
While we vote, we can have a discussion on our submissions and which characters could possibly fit into the final season. Remember, this season will be the last chance for some characters to make it in so please carefully consider our options. Also, try to picture additional content that could be included as well.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I once a quarter finished and while I could continue, I gave up lol.

1656727223330.png

SO I settled for this
1656727258819.png

That aside, we will be doing something while we discuss our nominations and vote...

When will Season 2 Newcomers Appear

Season 1 saw the following:
  • Zagreus was revealed at the TGA and released on Jan 27th
  • Phoenix was revealed at E3 and released June 28th
  • Sakura in an August Direct along with Agumon but the former gets an August 18th release window while Agumon gets a November 6th.

So, what about Season 2? If Agumon finished around November 6th, there should be a good deal of time between our Season 1 and Season 2. In addition, we will opt out not to show a character at the TGA for Season 2

Here is our order again:

1. Sol Badguy
  2. Lara Croft
  3. Lloyd Irving
  4. Geno
  5. Ratchet & Clank

Please provide the event that you think the character will appear in and the date (month and day)

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Okay, I'll admit: there's no bloody way Ocelot's gonna win out of all of them.

Vergil's a pretty popular choice, up there with Dante in terms of popularity.

I'mma be honest: I don't care what people say, I believe Pyramid Head seems to have the best shot out of everyone because Silent Hill is such an influential franchise and a great counterpart to the Resident Evil series.

Nightmare's a fairly easy runner-up, being a combination of fighting game character, anime swordfighter and the like, and also because Soul Calibur seems to be the next logical step.

Kerrigan, I'll admit, does have a big shot of getting in thanks to StarCraft being so big for the RTS genre...but I think we should consider ourselves lucky that Crash got in before the whole fiasco last year because I highly doubt she's gonna win in today's environment.

Gilgamesh is extremely popular and could have a unique playstyle not because he's an anime character who uses a sword. He's an anime character who uses EVERY ****ING SWORD IMAGINABLE. Honestly, you could make a moveset from his Gate of Babylon alone, and there'd still be enough info for him to make a separate set for him altogether.

Xehanort feels like the Sephiroth of the bunch here, a surprisingly popular villain that would break minds upon announcement. Now like the average single-brain-cell web-surfer, I know very little about Kingdom Hearts lore, so I may have a hard time trying to make a good Xehanort set, but honestly, I'd be happy to work with everyone to give it a shot.

The Bad Piggies...are surprisingly sensible for a Wario3 pick in a history of picks that feel like an LSD trip: Angry Birds utterly dominated the phone game scene back in the day, and you thought of two things when thinking about them: the titular Angry Birds, and the pigs themselves. I doubt we'll get an actual job dedicated to a mobile game character soon, so if anyone wants one, I'd say this is your best shot at the moment.

I know Borderlands is fairly popular and has more guns than the Top 5 biggest military forces in the world combined and there are vaults full of loot and...that's about it. No comment on Handsome Jack.

I...kinda doubt Emet-Selch will make it in, as popular as FF14 is these days.

Akechi feels...honestly like a spoiler. Don't get me wrong, he seems like a fun choice and it'd be cool if he was playable, but...lemme be honest, this is almost like announcing that the final boss of Elden Ring will be a playable character in Smash.

Shao Kahn is one of the more infamous Mortal Kombat characters mainly because he was, as far as I know, the first fighting game boss to talk smack to you while you're down. Scorpion's a Mii Costume, which is a shame, but Shao Kahn is a pretty decent runner-up, even if it is very limited in how people in Japan get Mortal Kombat.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Opinions about the submissions:
  • I think the strongest candidates here are Nightmare and Pyramid Head, both from well knowed and beloved franchises that leave their makrs on the story of the industry.
  • Ocelot, Akechi, Gilgamesh, Shao Kahn and Vergil are also fun suggestions imho, even if some people would think that Raiden, another Persona protagonist, Saber, Sub-Zero and Dante are more fitting options for represent their respective franchises (or in the case of the first two, give additional representation)
  • Kerrigan also looks like a cool pick but I know little to nothing about Starcraft, let alone the RTS genre in general, so I will probably not submit anything in the case she wins.
  • For the rest, or are picks that I think are good but I can't figure too much how they could be since I don't know about their origin games (Jack, Xenahort, Emet-Selch) or I just don't care.
This are my suggestion-slash-wishlist of what I could see in the future (the list is bigger than 5 because I'm just listing candidates not making how the pass would look)
  • Saber or Makoto Naegi: Has I said before another rep of the VN genre is something I would like a lot, anyone is cool for me but my favorites and the ones I think are most likely is either Saber/Artoria Pendragon from Fate/stay night and Makoto Naegi (and other protagonists/deuteragonists) from Danganronpa.
  • The Chosen Undead: FromSoftware is one of those companies that I think it requires to be here somehow, preferible has a whole universe with a playable character, Elden Ring is still quite vigent and I love Bloodborne but since it's the only franchise in Nintendo atm I think a rep of Dark Souls is most likely.
  • 2B: The previous events after the Direct talks by themselves, I think 2B is awesome and Nier Automata (Nier and Drakengard in general tbh) are some of the best games of all time, lets include her in the future!
  • Dante: I don't have too much faith in my own submission tbh because I know most people thinks Dante fits more and I agree, I had Vergil more has a backup than anything, either way I think the wacky-wooho Pizza Man already had too much time without being in so it's time to add him.
  • The Doom Slayer: A similar case to Dante, a popular character that somehow is still being rejected, FPS's are also a genre that isn't represented yet so the Slayer is the best of the elections.
  • Ryu Hayabusa: And another one of those characters, I even feel kinda bad that Sol took his spot since I think Hayabusa is equally badass but it had less chances in other jobs, is definitively one of my top suggestions.
  • Noah and Mio: My opinion about these two could change after playing the game but for the moment I'm really in love with these two and with that it looks going to be XC3, people would consider it a promotional pick but if the game it's good then why not.
  • Vanillaware: Probably the most underground of my likes, Vanillaware games are godlike, and even if they are quite a niche (especially here) I think we should allow giving them a spot, it could be kinda the unexpected character. Momohime and Kisuke are the most likely options since Muramasa the Demon Blade was at the launch of the game a Wii exclusive but I'm also fine with a rep from Odin Sphere, Dragon's Crown or even the most recent game 13 Sentinels Aegis Rim.

Last edited:

NanayaGaming

Smash Journeyman
Gilgamesh is extremely popular and could have a unique playstyle not because he's an anime character who uses a sword. He's an anime character who uses EVERY ****ING SWORD IMAGINABLE. Honestly, you could make a moveset from his Gate of Babylon alone, and there'd still be enough info for him to make a separate set for him altogether.
Contributing with this, you can see some good action of him here:
He could even bring his partner Enkidu either has a weapon or has the clay boy to fight!

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I'm just gonna say that the only character who makes a reasonable amount of sense here is Nightmare. He's also my preferred character, and that's coming from the diehard KH fan here - We don't have a big unga bunga character with a giant ****ing sword in Smash, and Nightmare really could be that. He's from a legendary series, a series which definitely has some Nintendo relevancy (I mean, Link was in one of these games for God's sake), Namco deserves more reps imo, and his design is actually appropriate.

Honorable mentions go to Kerrigan and Jack, who actually are reasonable picks to represent their series over the main character, unlike Vergil, the stupid pigs, and Shao Khan; who both have better representatives for their own series in Dante, Red, and Sub-Zero.

Ocelet is inoffensive I guess but over Raiden? I dunno, I'd rather have the cyborg ninja.

Even as someone who loves Akechi... seriously, spoilers. Not that Smash cares about that... I really don't see what could really be unique to him though, he literally is a black mirror character for Joker. There's also the matter of which Akechi should even be used.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
bro you can’t just give an “honorable mention” to your own submission that’s just weird
I also think my own submission isn't that good, has I said I have Vergil more has a backup for DMC representation rather than "oh yeah Vergil over Dante is a must that should happen". It isn't that I don't love him it's just that I know there are some other better options in the table.

All I can do for Emet-Selch is shill the best Final Fantasy Soundtrack

You said the best FF OST yet I don't see Garuda's theme there/s.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
EMBRACE THE KERRIGAN

VILLAIN?:sakbanjo:
FEMALE? :sakbanjo:
PSYCHIC USER? :sakbanjo:
USES ALL SORTS OF ALIEN SPIKE TENDRILS AS WELL? :sakbanjo:
SYMPATHETIC VILLAIN?
:sakbanjo:
BEEN ON NINTENDO? :sakbanjo:
NEW GENRE REP? :sakbanjo:
SCARY AF DESIGN BUT STILL FITS WITH SMASH?:sakbanjo:
CONSTANTLY SCORES HIGH ON TOP VILLAIN/FEMALE GAMING CHARACTER LISTS? :sakbanjo:

THE QUEEN OF BLADES SCORED 8 9 SAKURAIS. DID YOUR CHARACTER SCORE 8 9 :sakbanjo:?

NO?

I DIDN'T THINK SO. GET ZERG'D, *****.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Be me
Have to factor in all possibilities
Realizes Nightmare has the biggest chance of winning
Goes to preemptively make a moveset in the event that happens
Go whole ham on the moveset
Contemplate whether or not it's too much
Can't ask anybody about it until the results are in
Might be Nightmare, might not
Panic a little over what might and might not happen

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
bro you can’t just give an “honorable mention” to your own submission that’s just weird
I mean I have a very low opinion of most of the other submissions

To be frank I don't give two ****s about Borderlands but I'd rather see him than half the options that got put in here. I want Nightmare to win personally, but I'd be happy with Kerrigan, and Jack is inoffensive. Everyone else I have a problem with.

D

Deleted member

Went Nightmare, Pyramid Head and Kerrigan. I'm more interested in a new series right now and I then I'd rather see the Birds or Sub-Zero over the Pigs or Shou Khan. Jack doesn't do much for ne I'm afraid. Virgil is one of my favorite characters ever but I would still rather see Dante. If we HAD to get a new Persona character I'd rather see someone who isn't from 5. Xenahort's cool but I'd kind of prefer someone like Riku from KH.

PastaRorroKuma

Smash Journeyman
For me personally, I like most of these submissions but my favorites are Pyramid Head, Nightmare and Jack, all are iconic villains and come from influential series, Jack feels a bit weird to me considering that Borderlands will be our first playable FPS representation before Doom, Halo or Half-Life but it's ok.
Besides that tho, Akechi and Ocelot seem like good ways to expand Persona and Metal Gear, but yeah, other protag from persona and Raiden make more sense.
Shao Kahn and Vergil seem like interesting concepts but I don't like having villains or secondary characters representing big-ass franchises like MK or DMC but I'll be ok with them, specially Shao Kahn.
Kerrigan is fine I guess, I'll prefer Thrall from Warcraft as a Blizzard rep but if Kerrigan wins I'll have no problem
The other options (Gilgamesh, Xenahort and Emet), I don't know **** about Fate, KH and Final Fantasy, I would say we don't need more reps from FF or KH in my opinion and that Saber will be a better Fate rep (Probably).
Finally, those ****ing pigs, I'm glad that they won't win but, imagine, the pigs over the birds smh.
Overall we have good picks and underwhelming picks, I wouldn't say any of these dudes are bad (Well, they are villains but not in that sense), not even the pigs which, more than bad are really weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom