• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Super Mario RPG: The Order of the Sky Diamond

Summary:

There is a new threat looming above the Mushroom Kingdom. Though Culex's time in the world was brief, his battle with the heroes of the world awakened something...horrific. The Black Hole Legion has brought upon the world darkness, slowly corrupting the Thinkupp Kingdom and tainting the world's minds with dark thoughts. Now Mario must gather allies, old and new, and meet up with the Sky Diamond, a massive star spirit from another galaxy. Together, they form the Order of the Sky Diamond and set off to end the Black Hole Legion...

Characters:
Every playable character that has appeared in SMRPG returns in this game. But on top of that, we have several new characters: Luigi, who serves as a support-DPS unit, joins Mario in this new adventure. Yoshi, a high-speed DPS character, also joins Mario. Sketcha is a traveling sketchbook person who is, in actuality, a High Priestess of the Thinkupp Kingdom. And lastly, but certainly not least, Michell, a Black Hole Legion defector who initially starts off as a recurring enemy, but later joins the party.

Gameplay:
Super Mario RPG: The Order of the Sky Diamond is a game that takes some of the aspects of Final Fantasy VII Remake and adapts it to its battle system while still retaining the timing aspect of its battle system. In addition to the usual abilities that your party members have access to, they also gain new abilities. For example, Geno gains a new technique called Geno Comet, which is a multi-target ability that allowed Geno to damage multiple targets at once. Another example is Bowser, who gains his Flying Slam attack from Super Smash Bros as another ability, being a single-target attack that also deals powerful AoE damage. Because of the real-time change in the battle system, AP is built up by dealing damage and can also now be spent to enhance items in your inventory mid-battle.​

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Sorry if this was discussed and I missed it, but are there any plans for a music DLC pack like we did with the stages?
We already have music packs, for the moment we create 2 (one with spring-themed music and another for music from the first game of a series). Very likely we will have more in the future.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
GolisoPower’s submission wins be default:

Super Mario RPG: The Order of the Sky Diamond

Summary:

There is a new threat looming above the Mushroom Kingdom. Though Culex's time in the world was brief, his battle with the heroes of the world awakened something...horrific. The Black Hole Legion has brought upon the world darkness, slowly corrupting the Thinkupp Kingdom and tainting the world's minds with dark thoughts. Now Mario must gather allies, old and new, and meet up with the Sky Diamond, a massive star spirit from another galaxy. Together, they form the Order of the Sky Diamond and set off to end the Black Hole Legion...

Characters:
Every playable character that has appeared in SMRPG returns in this game. But on top of that, we have several new characters: Luigi, who serves as a support-DPS unit, joins Mario in this new adventure. Yoshi, a high-speed DPS character, also joins Mario. Sketcha is a traveling sketchbook person who is, in actuality, a High Priestess of the Thinkupp Kingdom. And lastly, but certainly not least, Michell, a Black Hole Legion defector who initially starts off as a recurring enemy, but later joins the party.

Gameplay:
Super Mario RPG: The Order of the Sky Diamond is a game that takes some of the aspects of Final Fantasy VII Remake and adapts it to its battle system while still retaining the timing aspect of its battle system. In addition to the usual abilities that your party members have access to, they also gain new abilities. For example, Geno gains a new technique called Geno Comet, which is a multi-target ability that allowed Geno to damage multiple targets at once. Another example is Bowser, who gains his Flying Slam attack from Super Smash Bros as another ability, being a single-target attack that also deals powerful AoE damage. Because of the real-time change in the battle system, AP is built up by dealing damage and can also now be spent to enhance items in your inventory mid-battle.​
Geno Comet will be Geno’s Up Special! We will be going Spirit submissions after we finish Mii Costumes.

Submit a Mii Costume from SMRPG

We will be submitting content that is unique to SMRPG. This means characters that appear in other Mario titles won’t be allowed. As per usual, please indicate what class this is and how is may affect the Mii costume?

Submit a Veteran Mii Costume

We have saved Dante, Rathalos Armor, Doomslayer, and Travis Touchdown from becoming Mii Costumrs bit that doesn’t mean they will be prevented from being costumed before the end. That being said, we will include a veteran Mii costume. It can’t be a costume from that above list. Please consult our front page to see what costumes we currently have.

PastaRorroKuma

Smash Journeyman
New Mii Costume: Culex (Brawler)
1655631639733.png

This looks like everything except a Mario character but, it was a boss SMRPG, his costume would be a brawler, the headgear would be a mask reminiscent of his face with his horns, while the body would be his body with his 4 crystals serving as a cosmetic bonus.

Returning Mii Costume: Sans (Gunner)

Mii costume submission:
Axem Ranger (Swordfighter)

Who are they?
Axem Rangers are minor antagonists of Super Mario RPG game and they are teenage members of Smithy Gang (the antagonistic group of the game).

Axem Rangers are parody of Super Sentai (Power Rangers in western regions) due to their name and designs.

Mii costume description:
As for Mii costume, the costume would consist of:
  • Headgear: Axem Ranger's helmet
  • Outfit: Axem Ranger's armor
  • Melee weapon: Their axe
The costume would be for swordfighter class.

The costume has 2 variations (Female and Male) and the costume would be colored like your Mii's body (Black, Green or White for example).

I nominate Axem Rangera as mii costume, because their designs could fit well as Miis and they also are one of important NPCs in the game.
Also we need a DLC mii costume based on villains like them for example.

Returning Mii costume: Shantae (Brawler)

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Mii costume submission:
Axem Ranger (Swordfighter)

Who are they?
Axem Rangers are minor antagonists of Super Mario RPG game and they are teenage members of Smithy Gang (the antagonistic group of the game).

Axem Rangers are parody of Super Sentai (Power Rangers in western regions) due to their name and designs.

Mii costume description:
As for Mii costume, the costume would consist of:
  • Headgear: Axem Ranger's helmet
  • Outfit: Axem Ranger's armor
  • Melee weapon: Their axe
The costume would be for swordfighter class.

The costume has 2 variations (Female and Male) and the costume would be colored like your Mii's body (Black, Green or White for example).

I nominate Axem Rangera as mii costume, because their designs could fit well as Miis and they also are one of important NPCs in the game.
Also we need a DLC mii costume based on villains like them for example.

Returning Mii costume: Shantae (Brawler)
We already have Shantae as a Mii Costume. She was added in as a Mii Costume before being actually revealed as a Mii Costume.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Everyone, I come bearing bad tidings.

Horrible reviews, plunging sales, and lackluster sales has led Nintendo to considering pulling the plug on Infinite. As the director, I’m partially to blame for poor leadership and a lack of general direction. Up on the top of the thread is a way for you decide our future.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Sales that were already lackluster are now plunging? Damn, that's bad!

Honestly, the game's DLC being cancelled right as Geno was in development would be the most depressing thing ever - even I'd feel bad for the Geno fans if that info came to light.

That being said, I'mma go with team cancel. This thread gets way too heated in a way that only harms the ficticious game, and I feel it'd be best for everyone to find more specific creation threads where the melting pot of contradictory visions and uncommon fandoms isn't in play.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
The lacklusterness of these plunging sales is certainly a bad tiding indeed.

All quips aside, I take it that there is some fatigue about this project from members of the leadership, and I can totally understand if the stress gets too much sometimes (at least that's what I assume, I could be totally wrong as well). Although I did have some fun with this project, I would be lying if I didn't say there was at least some stress and tension at certain times as well as from engaging in this thread, and I'd imagine that stress would be even more so for the people who actually have to run things. My feelings are a little mixed at the moment, though, so I'll have to think things a little more through before I decide on voting.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Dang it, I knew Geno was more trouble than he was worth. Stupid stingy Square Enix...

(This is a joke, please don't be mad).

I'll admit, I think it might be a good to call it quits while we're still ahead. That being said, if we DO go for Season 3, we're gonna have to go ALL IN on fan requests. Clearly, the general audience did NOT like our choices, and we need all hands on deck to rectify that.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
That being said, if we DO go for Season 3, we're gonna have to go ALL IN on fan requests. Clearly, the general audience did NOT like our choices, and we need all hands on deck to rectify that.
Nah man **** the audience we should go even harder on the niche historical picks, those are the coolest ones. Put in mother****innnnnnnn I dunno the Portopia Serial Murder Case dude

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
But for real, attempting to recontextualize our more niche picks as "the crowd HATED those characters!!!!!" picks comes across as a really gross way of devaluing these kinds of choices to me. Characters like Sakura may not have the flash of someone like Crash or what have you, but they have their place in video game history regardless, and in several cases, getting them in here was like a triumph for fans of them. These characters help make our roster stand out and feel more varied, and trying to retcon them into being these super badly-recieved picks as a way of sneakily shifting the focus to nothing but Big Known Characters rubs me the wrong way real hard

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Reminder that if we cancel Infinite’s DLC season 3, Geno will still be available.

We will keep SMRPG and Veteran Mii Costumes open.

D

Deleted member

I kind of feel that we've come too far to quit now and that the good out ways the bad with the project. I've had a lot of fun.

But if the team really feels we should end it and that will make their lives more comfortable then who am I to argue? Geno is a pretty high point to end on.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
I assume the actual deal is some leadership fatigue, which is fair because this has been going on for a year and a half.

My vote would be to finish but lump a lot of jobs together.

So we could start with character stuff as a standalone and then do thigs in groups. So the character can go first, then moveset, gimmick, and extra content like taunts. Then the stage, music, and mii costumes can be 1 or 2 days smashed together

If we manage it right we can be done in like 2 weeks or so

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
In the case that this is serious and not a joke, personally is a shame since I joined later in the party and I wanted to stick a little more but at the same time I can understand that the ones that are on the thread for more time (main mention to the leadership and especially Venus) are already bored of the same. And I also understand Wario3 opinión about how the thread usually has opposite ideas that could work better in separate threads. That being said I hope this is just a joke since I think in the case that everyone wants to already shut down the thread then at least ending in a good way and not in a sad note.

Maybe at least just a quick run job of list things that the people wanted in the future without the needing to explain it on detail or something like that

Last edited:

PastaRorroKuma

Smash Journeyman
I think if the team decides to close it, it would probably be a good decision since the game (despite being a fan-project) has become kinda ridiculous, it is still good but, I just think everything included in the base roster made more sense, however this last 2 or so months everything added just feels like a fever dream and it doesn't sit that well with me personally.
Besides that, dude, if the team is tired of this ****, cancel it asap, just leave the thread visible so we can all se everything if we feel nostalgic or if we want to get inspiration for our own stuff.

Despite all of that, I like this thread and if it continues I'm gonna be happy, but personally I'd rather close it, it's not like Geno isn't an amazing choice to close it, and besides that, there's a lot of sick creation threads out there and more will probably come eventually.

D

Deleted member

Feel like if the team wants to end it they just should. There's no way a public vote goes anything but continuing. And I say this as someone who's pro continue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom