• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
After Seeing Jomo's Post, I'm gonna express my thoughts on 4th parties here.

Personally, i don't want to see 4th parties get in here. Smash is all about nintendo & gaming and has been labeled by Sakurai as a celebration to Gaming(Even Digimon's a game series before it was an anime).

If we put 4th parties, it'd be weird and quite unnecessary especially if they are already getting their own smash platform fighting games(Nick All-Star and Multiversus) or had an existing fighting game of their own(J-Stars and Injustice).

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We will be stopping our music submissions for Super Mario RPG content. Thank you everyone for submitting content for it! So, I totally forgot to put the poll to finish in a day but rather it finishes in 7 days. I would like us to continue with our next content. That being said, how do you all feel about:

Masterpiece
Smash Dungeon & Enemies

D

Deleted member

We will be stopping our music submissions for Super Mario RPG content. Thank you everyone for submitting content for it! So, I totally forgot to put the poll to finish in a day but rather it finishes in 7 days. I would like us to continue with our next content. That being said, how do you all feel about:

Masterpiece
Smash Dungeon & Enemies
Sounds good. A boss would have been nice but I I don't think we've had a Masterpiece in dlc yet so a change is good (though we may have done one with Sakura actually.)

Actually. Have we done a DLC item yet? Might be something to consider for S3

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So while the poll hasn’t finished, we will be incorporating Smash Dungeon plus Enemies as well as a Masterpiece.

What portion should the SMRPG Masterpiece focus on?
Where do players first start off at when they start the masterpiece?

Smash Dungeon
Due to Forest Maze being a stage, we will focus on another location to base a dungeon on. Pleaze include up to 3 enemies that will appear in this dungeon. We may pull enemies from submitted dungeons after we choose from our submissions.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Probably a large part of the reason, yes, but if they were able to negotiate it's rerelease on Wii and Wii U virtual consoles, not sure why its so difficult now. Especially when they were able to negotiate with Microsoft of all companies for Banjo Kazooie on N64 online.
I mean... does Square Enix have ANY games on NSO?

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I mean... does Square Enix have ANY games on NSO?
Fair point, it's weird how all the Playstation FFs are on Switch but not the Nintendo ones, it seems Square prefers having their games released individually, but not on a subscription service. So that kinda screws the NES/SNES Square games which usually would go on NSO.

Anyways this is kinda getting off topic so I'll just tap out here.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So we will be incorporating Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds submission for the SMRPG Masterpiece segment which includes Forest Maze portions of the game and we will be accepting @Darkonedagger submission for the Smash Dungeon which is Smithy's Castle. Both be defauly as we didn't get any other submissions.

Submit SmashSpace Content

We will be submitting content for SmashSpace. You may submit up to 3 per post and please indiciate what category it falls under. You can find the specifics at the front of the page.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
1655425506204.png

Star Pieces
The titular Seven Stars of which the legend follows. When first-interacting with this item, the seven stars will scatter all over your SmashSpace, and if you so wish, you can find them all by interacting with other items in your room. As soon as you collect all seven stars, the original location glows bright with rainbow power for a moment.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So we will continue to submit SmashSpace Content but we will be starting on our next job as well. This was sometthing I wanted to do earlier but I hadn't thought it through enough...

As I mentioned before, we are lacking an up special for Geno. It was always my intention that, with this upcoming job regardless who got in, we would be doing a submission job for a new installment in that series. So with that being said...

Submit a Overview of Super Mario RPG 2

This new game should have the following in its content:​
  • Name (Not just SMRPG 2)​
  • Overview of the story (h​
  • Any returning characters (which characters from SMRPG will return?)​
  • Any new characters (Any new ones; villains or new party members? NPCs?)​
  • Overview of the gameplay (does it change things up from the previous game? Does it stay the same?)​

While we do have a new SMRPG game, the content we are submitting for focuses on the original SMRPG since this sequrl will be announced in the same Direct/Event as the Geno reveal trailer much like how Isabelle and New Horizons was revealed.

Submit Geno's Up Special

This is an entirely new attack that will be present in this SMRPG 2 which will be also utilized in Smash. If you want to create a system where the attack has timed hits, feel free. Please provide information on the following:

• Name​
  • How does the attack function in SMRPG?​
  • How does the attack function in Smash?​

For the last two, how would the attack differn between the two games? What is similar? While many attacks that are lifted from the origianl source act similarily, they also differ on another of things. Please provide some info on how this attack functions in both games.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Geno Up Special:

Geno Comet:
Glowing as bright as the star he was before possessing the doll, Geno bolts upwards for a bit. Geno can stop his flight to perform an omnidirectional follow-up at any point in the recovery, adding to his mix-up game. Usually, this does 8% damage and some low-medium knockback, but pressing the button just before hitting a foe allows him to barrage foes with multiple hits, dealing a total of 13% damage and medium-high knockback.

In SMRPG 2, Geno Comet was a multi-target ability that Geno could use to deal damage to up to 3 different foes on the field, evenly distributing it among them as a means of softening them before other party members dealt the final blow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom