• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Wait, I just realized: what would Lara's series symbol be?
Personally, I'd go with an ankh - it's a classic icon of tomb raiding in pop culture, and it represents the Amulet of Horus, an artifact Lara steals. You could also use the Atlantean Scion, the first treasure she went after in the series, but it's a far more complex symbol.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
View attachment 353178

The choice of choosing the game that has more content but that we can't actually play (so we'll never know how the gameplay actually plays like) or the games with less content but that we can actually play (that we actually know how the gameplay itself is like).

Maybe we should make a fangame for it to be playable.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Alright, so we are done with moveset submissions! I will be compiling them and hopefully put them forward to see if people approve of them!

That being said, we will be progressing to...

Additional Content for Lara Croft

We will be adding additional content for Lara Croft. That being said, I feel that going with the traditional version of Lara Croft to be the most reasonable. This was chosen based on the same rationale for characters like Mega Man, Pac-Man, Ryu, Ken, Simon, and Sora was chosen - going with their debut or more iconic appearance. That being said, Lara will have multiple skins though. We will decide those later.

Here are the content we are adding:​
  • Entrance Animation (1)​
  • Idle Poses (2)​
  • Taunts (4)​
  • Victory Screens (3)​
  • Crowd Chant (1)​
  • Kirby Hat (1)​
  • Victory Theme (1)​
  • Boxing Ring Title (1)​
  • Debut Trailer Title (1)​
  • Palutena's Guidance (1)​
  • Snake Codec (1)​
  • Classic Mode (1)​
PLEASE ONLY SUBMIT ONE PER CATEGORY TO ALLOW OTHER PEOPLE TO SUBMIT CONTENT

Entrance animation:
Lara swings on the rope and jumps from it, landing like in her games.

Crowd chant:
LA-RA CROFT x4 times

Kirby hat:
Her wig alongside her iconic sunglasses.

Kirby uses her Neutral Special.

Splash title:
"LARA CROFT RAIDS THE COMPETITION!"

The title refers to her title series "Tomb Raider" and she is explorer that raids various temples or ancient Ruins.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I figured out how to do svg files on Inkscape so all Series Symbols are done and I have done stock icons for Sakura and Agumon. They are up on the wikia

You can see them all here:

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I figured out how to do svg files on Inkscape so all Series Symbols are done and I have done stock icons for Sakura and Agumon. They are up on the wikia

You can see them all here:

Okay but what IS the Tomb Raider symbol

And while we're at it what is the Guilty Gear symbol? Where is it derived from?

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Okay but what IS the Tomb Raider symbol

And while we're at it what is the Guilty Gear symbol? Where is it derived from?
For the TR symbol, I think that's a shield with an ice pick on it.

For the GG symbol, it's derived from this:
1653341376510.png

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
The Guilty Gear symbol was what was submitted and what’s recognizable throughout the series.

As for TR, I looked around and found the climbing axe from 2013. That being said, I don’t mind replacing it. It was fairly easy to do while Guilty Gear took some…trial and error. Nearly took me 5 hours how to figure that one out in Inkscape. Tales one took even longer. I’m still figuring this software out.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
The Guilty Gear symbol was what was submitted and what’s recognizable throughout the series.

As for TR, I looked around and found the climbing axe from 2013. That being said, I don’t mind replacing it. It was fairly easy to do while Guilty Gear took some…trial and error. Nearly took me 5 hours how to figure that one out in Inkscape. Tales one took even longer. I’m still figuring this software out.
I still think the Ankh would be a better representation, that symbol isn't super recognizable for Tomb Raider. :/

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
I still think the Ankh would be a better representation, that symbol isn't super recognizable for Tomb Raider. :/
I agree with this sentiment, either that a or a more stylized pickaxe. Both iconic items in the series. The shield makes the lines too thin when most series symbols are nice and thick and most importantly recognizable from afar.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We will continue to submit additional content for Lara but that being said, we will begin to add palettes.

Here is what I decided to do:

1653415941804.png

Default - Classic Skin
1653416389747.png

Tomb Raider Chronicles Lara Croft
1653416131959.png

Tomb Raider Legends Lara Croft
1653416232365.png

2013 Lara Croft
RecolorRecolorRecolor
Recolor

1653416549550.png

Polygonal

Recolor
RecolorRecolor

Thoughts on these alts and alternate colors? I feel restricting them to just four is a good medium that works well for her appearances as, for the most part, its some sort of shade of blue or brown for the top and brown or black for the bottom.

Attachments

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
??????????

HUGE SHOUT OUT TO airConditioner airConditioner for most of these! They did most of them while I finished up Season 1, Season 2, and sporadic ones such as Impa, Ms. Pac-Man, King Boo, and Takamaru.

Well poop....our site hates svg files. That took away 10 minutes of my life.\

You can see them here then...

icons.png

Not the same but oh well

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I will add the mole in as I need to redo it but not the eye. This is to reflect Pac-means as erll
But the original Pac-Man sprite does not have an eye, the Ms. Pac-Man one does. If you're replicating the sprite I don't see why Ms. can't have an eye like Kirby; Sonic; e.t.c.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
??????????

HUGE SHOUT OUT TO airConditioner airConditioner for most of these! They did most of them while I finished up Season 1, Season 2, and sporadic ones such as Impa, Ms. Pac-Man, King Boo, and Takamaru.

Well poop....our site hates svg files. That took away 10 minutes of my life.\

You can see them here then...

View attachment 353265
Not the same but oh well
The Images from the top are X'ed Out.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
But the original Pac-Man sprite does not have an eye, the Ms. Pac-Man one does. If you're replicating the sprite I don't see why Ms. can't have an eye like Kirby; Sonic; e.t.c.
I’ll look into it then. I dont know what the ms PacMan sprite looks like and was just looking at the Mr Pac-Man. Shouldn’t be an issue. I wasn’t happy how it turned out anyways so it’s a good excuse to go back to it later.

The Images from the top are X'ed Out.
I uploaded a cropped version. It’s because the site doesn’t support svg files.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Why its so important, its just an eye, isn't like most of the stocks include eyes. In fact the stocks are supposed to be simplifications of a character using only the most characteristics things that made it recognizable.

Also all the stocks looks very clean, maybe my only compliment would be Sol since its weird that all the stocks use the face at front and Sol looks different, eitherway is a great work!

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Why its so important, its just an eye, isn't like most of the stocks include eyes. In fact the stocks are supposed to be simplifications of a character using only the most characteristics things that made it recognizable.

Also all the stocks looks very clean, maybe my only compliment would be Sol since its weird that all the stocks use the face at front and Sol looks different, eitherway is a great work!
Agumon and Sakura are also the side. That being said, I’m not good at doing this freehanded so I use a stock photo as a basis. As there aren’t many images of Sol facing the screen directly, I went with the best possible option that’s available to me. Air is much better at this than I am but since they left the project, I decided to learn how to make svg files. While they aren’t perfect, I feel I’ve improved even after a day of using it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom