• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Ooh I'd totes participate in something like that. Stages are so fun to come up with. And like Goliso said, sometimes it works better for representation.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
I like doing stages, it's just the last few erre from franchises i never heard or played of so that would be something to do

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
A couple of examples I thought of were stuff like Aperture Science, since it's most iconic character literally can't be playable (GLaDOS) but she could certainly be represented with a stage, and it being an iconic game location. Same with Curien Mansion from The House of the Dead, with the location being super iconic but the character's potential already being covered by the Resi Protags.

Though I'm not opposed to giving repped stuff more love.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
A couple of examples I thought of were stuff like Aperture Science, since it's most iconic character literally can't be playable (GLaDOS) but she could certainly be represented with a stage, and it being an iconic game location. Same with Curien Mansion from The House of the Dead, with the location being super iconic but the character's potential already being covered by the Resi Protags.

Though I'm not opposed to giving repped stuff more love.
We still have Chell for Portal content tho

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Well, Chell is the protagonist isnt it? You we'rent the one that said that the protagonist is the most logical option?
If we had to do a character, absolutely. But Portal can be better repped by a stage imo. You can still have the portals themselves, and you get to have GLaDOS.

Chell's just a faceless vessel for the player. She isn't a character that needs to be repped. Hell, she doesn't even do anything in game for attacks. At least Freeman can attack.

Last edited:

PastaRorroKuma

Smash Journeyman
If we had to do a character, absolutely. But Portal can be better repped by a stage imo. You can still have the portals themselves, and you get to have GLaDOS.

Chell's just a faceless vessel for the player. She isn't a character that needs to be repped. Hell, she doesn't even do anything in game for attacks. At least Freeman can attack.
Well, yes and no, I'm a big Portal fanboy so maybe I'm biased but despite the aperture science stage idea being good and all, I think it will be dumb for Nintendo to go to Valve and ask them for just a Portal stage, considering how big a Valve character could be and considering that Chell would give an amazing moveset and even bring with her Atlas & P-Body as costumes. Now, the "Chell's just a faceless vessel for the player" thing is completely wrong, Chell despite being a mute protagonist has a backstory which is the same thing that happens with every character in first person games, characters like Gordon Freeman, Doomguy or even Minecraft Steve have backstories and lore attached to them, which is the same with chell, the thing is that Gordon, Doomguy and Steve didn't get overshadowed by other secondary character.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So how should the packs look like? Multiple stages in one pack but spread out among DLC? One large pack with like five stages? Or perhaps like four dlc stage packs with one stage per pack bit spread more throughout our dlc season,

So how should the packs look like? Multiple stages in one pack but spread out among DLC? One large pack with like five stages? Or perhaps like four dlc stage packs with one stage per pack bit spread more throughout our dlc season,
Not sure, but I wanted to make this stage pass like Fighter's pass, which it has 5-6 stages in one pass.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So here is our rollout plan for a potential DLC stage packs:

There will be three packs released per season. This will occur between characters #2, #4, and #5 for each season. This gives some time between a character release and stages to give players content in dry spells. That being said, we will have to extend our development time a bit more than before.

As for the packs, here’s what I’m thinking:

There will be two stages from unrepresented franchises; either first or third party followed by three stages from represented or connected franchises. If the stage is from an unrepresented franchise, they will be incorporated into its own pack do to being required to have music and any other data alternating content such as spirit battles. This won’t be a “set in stone” rule and we will look at certain aspects to determine that if the stage would require for it to be a standalone pack (heavy development requitements) or coupled with a represented series stage (low development requirements). Represented franchise packs can be coupled together though as we won’t really have to include some many songs if any as they are already available.

We will also be doing dlc stage packs for season 1 but just two packs for it. This will occur between Zagreus and Phoenix and Sakura and Agumon.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Is there a schedule that could be posted to see the list of upcoming jobs like there used to be in the base game?
There really inside a list of jobs because it’s hard to plan for them. A lot of times, it changes last minute depending on what we end up voting to include. In addition, I haven’t given much thought to our last dlc season but, then again, I’ve been busy so I haven’t had a chance to sit down. That being said, we will have at least a two dlc newcomers left plus associates content and the sporadic online tournaments, spirit events, music packs, and stage packs.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
There really inside a list of jobs because it’s hard to plan for them. A lot of times, it changes last minute depending on what we end up voting to include. In addition, I haven’t given much thought to our last dlc season but, then again, I’ve been busy so I haven’t had a chance to sit down. That being said, we will have at least a two dlc newcomers left plus associates content and the sporadic online tournaments, spirit events, music packs, and stage packs.
I see. If I may ask, how many DLC seasons in general are remaining? (And is there a general plan for how many newcomers each remaining season will have?)

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I see. If I may ask, how many DLC seasons in general are remaining? (And is there a general plan for how many newcomers each remaining season will have?)
One more after this. Two left in this season and six next season.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Alright, so we are going to do our first Stage Pack! We are going to start rather easy as this will be our first one and, retroactively, will be plugged into appear between Zagreus' release and the Phoenix Wright reveal at E3. As mentioned, Season 1 will just have 3 new stages. Two stages from represented franchises and one stage from an unrepresented franchise. I know that's not entirely interesting but, for Season 1, it should be fine.

We will work on the first pack which will be labeled "Stage Pack #1" and will focus on represented franchises. Now, the two stages that we will include will be a First Party Stage and a Third Party Stage. As long as these stages appears under that franchise umbrella, it's game. That being said, franchises included in Infinite are barred from inclusion. This includes Golden Sun, Crash, PvZ, and more. This may not be a rule for later packs but for Season 1, this is the rule we are going with.

Stage Pack #1: Please Submit a Stage from a Represented First Party Franchise or Third Party Franchise

This representation can be in the form a franchise that is repped by a fighter or a stage. Basically, it needs to have its own franchise designation in order to be included. This is to curb development time as we would have (technically) develop more content for this stage if it was from a series that may be represented by something less. Any franchise is open for submissions. That being said, to refresh our memories, here are the following franchises that received a new stage in Infinite:

• Super Mario (5)
  • Donkey Kong (1)
  • Yoshi (1)
  • Zelda (1)
  • Metroid (1)
  • Kirby (2)
  • Pokemon (2)
  • Animal Crossing (1)
  • Fire Emblem (1)
  • Gyromite (1)
  • Punch-Out! (1)
  • Xenoblade (1)
  • Splatoon (1)
  • Sonic (1)
  • Mega Man (1)
  • Street Fighter (1)
  • Castlevania (1)

Franchises that don't have a new one yet:
  • Star Fox
  • EarthBound
  • F-Zero
  • ice Climbers
  • Game & Watch
  • Metal Gear Solid
  • Kid Icarus
  • WarioWare
  • Pikmin
  • Mii
  • Wii Fit
  • Pac-Man
  • Final Fantasy
  • Bayonetta
  • Persona
  • Dragon Quest
  • Banjo-Kaxooie
  • ARMS
  • Minecraft
  • Tekken
  • Kingdom Hearts

Please also note that a stage inclusion based on a particular game MAY warrant that character from that game being ineligible for a future character submissions. This is because that character would be represented by this stage and, technically, it would be rather unbalanced to have a character from this particular game and two represented stages as DLC...both of which you would have to pay for. Like for example, if we include Nintendo Switch Sports as a stage but decide to include the Switch Athlete as a fighter in Season 2 or 3. Or include a Pokemon Arceus stage but decide to include an Arceus rep later. This ineligibility will depend on what sort of content we eventually include so please keep this in mind. While I know its tempting to include whatever you want to because you want to, please try to think how it may affect future content.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
We require more representation of Final Fantasy outside FF7, so here is my take:

The Airship
The airship is an iconic vehicle of the FF franchise, it appeared in almost all games in a way or other, sometimes with the appearence of a wooden boat with helicopters, other times with more mechanical looks, here we will use the first appearence of the airship (the image comes from FF3 tho).
1652661968861.png
This will be a simple stage, you will fight in the main deck of the ship bein able to fall of one of the two extremes, behind use we will see the minimap of Final Fantasy 1. When the stage is used in Battlefield/Omega mode the stage will be more or less the same, just that the airship will be replaced with a "compressed" version of the same in the typical form of a floating stage.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Mappy

This is a new Pac-Man series stage. It is semi-retro-styled in that all the textures are 2D images ripped from the game, but the background has a epilepsy-friendly, dimmed-to-prevent-distraction police lights blur with the light reflecting onto the sprites and fighters. The roof of the house is present, but unlike in the game it is only in the background and can't cover players or be walked inside.
000932E5-129A-49D1-8716-25A5B79E67F0.jpeg

The black squares are hard platforms, the green squares are trampolines, the yellow squares are soft platforms, and the red squares are item spawn points - why this is important we'll get back to later. Doors are absent as a mechanic, but permanently-opened doors appear in random locations in the background when the match starts. Mewkies don't appear, but Goro does, which we'll also get back to.

Trampolines can be jumped on - they begin green and shift colours like Pac-Man's Up B before breaking, they'll respawn a bit after breaking. If a trampoline breaks upon jumping on it, you will be instantly KO'd with a semi-unique animation of your character spinning (knocked back pose spins, then lying unconcious pose in its regular positioning, explode) and the Mappy death sound - if they're KO'd on their final stock or as a match-ender, the last few notes of the Mappy game over theme will play. Said sounds are only for the trampoline

Items will always spawn in the exact same locations simultaniously - excluding containers and item spawning moves, there will usually only be 7 items on screen at a time, no more, no less. Every "wave" of items also brings along Goro - every time you pick up or use a naturally spawned item there's a 1 in 7 chance Goro will appear and grant you a major stat boost. Every item wave is gauranteed to have one Goro, no more, no less.
50461306-03A9-441A-B891-EC9B86CC5BAA.jpeg

If items are off or only items that spawn in small quantities are on, the treasures from Mappy spawn instead, with no functionality beyond the Goro hunt.

Multi-part items are disabled on this stage, and the Smash Ball does not apply to this stage's item rules

I don't know if you can tell, but this is a stage idea I've had in mind for a long while, like I've been conceptualising how to adapt this game to a stage since I was a kid.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, now that a Wario Land stage is eligible... here's my idea.

Hall of Hieroglyphics (Wario Land)

Wario_Land_4_Beginning_Level.png

Wario Land is criminally underrepresented throughout the Smash Bros series. Why not make it up with a stage? This stage will be a scrolling stage through the first level of Wario Land 4, the Hall of Hieroglyphics. Here, you will start in the beginning part. Maureen and Spear Masks appear as hazards and will give the fighters damage. It just takes you through the first level.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Did we make The Nether a Minecraft World variant?
(sorry to add on another question, I just think it would be a cool stage but I don't know if it's eligible)

NanayaGaming

Smash Journeyman
My submission is the Geese's Tower from Fatal Fury, would be a very cool stage imo, and maybe even Geese himself can be sort of a stage hazard!

The stage will have breaking walls, more similar to Mishima Dojo than KOF stadium but you will be able to hold the edge of the stage to not fall like certain blond crime lord.

In Battlefield or Omega the center of the stage will become like a floating stage with the ceiling removed.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Big Shell (Metal Gear Solid)
See the source image

See the source image

Ignore the fact that the only good image of the layout I could find was in a GTA 4 mod. Anyways this stage takes place in the very first outside area pf the Big Shell, the main setting of Metal Gear Solid 2. You play on a flat surface with two breakable stacks of crates and two elevators on the edges of the main platform you're on. (You can't go in them, they just act as platforms.) Members of Dead Cells will sometimes come to make cameos.

I feel this stage would be good because the locations in MGS2 are very iconic to the rest of the series and as the first third party series, MGS is more than deserving of a second stage.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
1652666150357.png

THE ANCIENT CITY
Minecraft 1.19

The Ancient Cities are brand-new structures taking place in the Deep Dark Biome of Minecraft 1.19's worlds. A traveling stage that explores some of the new structure's facets, each section of the stage is different and puts all the fighters on their toes. When the match starts, fighters spawn in...

1652666344678.png

The Entrance:
The gateway into the Ancient City. There are three platforms: the main platform spanning as wide as Battlefield, and two tall platforms on opposite sides of the stage. Fighters can only see the stage thanks to the candles scattered throughout. After that, it transitions to one of the following:

1652666492175.png

The City Center:
A section of the stage that's simply FD in background, this is a place where popular fan speculation says is a portal to a Sculk dimension.

1652666587786.png

The Barracks:
Here, you'll find chests that are filled with items. The layout is a much smaller version of the entrance, except the pillars are shorter and closer to the center.

1652666642461.png

The Sauna:
What used to be a place of relaxation is now an abandoned arena of cold water. There is a large pit on the left side of this Big Battlefield-sized platform, where players can drown inside.

1652666746268.png

The Walls:
A scrolling stage similar to 3D Land, the Walls are a constant walk-off stage that's moving to the left at slow speeds. There are two platforms, a soft platform at the top, and a hard platform at the bottom.

1652666827109.png

The Icebox:
A small FD-style stage where portions of the floor are covered in ice, allowing fighters to slide along the ground.

1652666916473.png

The Camp:
A Mishima Dojo-style stage walled off with wool, with the woll serving the same purpose as the walls of Mishima Dojo.

Occasionally, as you fight, your battle generates noise that summons a mortifying background element:
1652667018088.png

This is The Warden, a nigh-invincible second cousin of the Demogorgon who, in the source game, will **** your day up if you don't give it some goddamn peace and quiet. Though it doesn't directly interact with the cast, it'll wander the massive 3D space that is the Ancient City, attracted by the noise of the players. After 30 seconds of battle, the Warden sinks back into the earth for a bit until the battle causes more ruckus to call him back.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
I am glad that the Mario & Sonic Series is acceptable, so i'd like to present my dream stage.

The Olympic Winter Games.jpg

Stage: Winter Games Event(Mario & Sonic At The Olympic Games)

The Olympic Winter Games Stage is based on Mario & Sonic At The Olympic Winter Games, The Stage is a transition one that sends players to different areas based on the events appearing in the game.

Overview: The Main Platform will show the view of the entire Sports Event from above the sky while some balloons float in the air(the balloons are based on the ones shown in the image), as the platform travels around the stage you can see the crowd on different bleachers(toads, shy guys, flicky's, etc.) cheering for the events going on. Various Characters(Minus the playable smash fighters) in the original game participate in the events, However the flags of the playable characters in the original game are still used.

When selecting the stage, the weather will change such as clouds covering the sky with a bit of snow raining down, a small snowstorm brewing, or just a simple sunny day. this is something that happens in the original game(at least the DS version from what i remember) so it makes a lot of sense & brings in some more stages with changes to the environment.

Like all transitions stages, the platform will slowly make a drop to a random location and after a while it'll raise back up in the air again.

1652667287527.png

Alpine Skiing Downhill-The Platform lands on the middle of the Skiing Course nothing really happens except for one of the players skiing down the hill, if the skier gets attacked or crashes into one of the opponents then the crowd will start freaking out which will cause the platform to move back into the air.
The Player gets hit by the skier they are dealt with 10% damage.

1652667106532.png

Snowboard Cross-The Platform will land on the Goal Sign, it is build to be much bigger with the top thicken to be thin & to work as a platform for the fighters.

1652667202474.png

Bobsleigh-The Platform will land in the middle of the crowd while also being close to one of the slopes which acts as a hazard. a bobsleigh ridin' by four characters will come slidding at maximum speed any player getting caught will deal 54% damage.

1652667253182.png

Ice Hockey-The Platform will move into a colisseum and set itself on the middle of the air where the crowd is, meanwhile in the background, plenty of characters are playing Hockey normally tackling other opponents & firing the puck to the goal, on rare occasions they'll miss & sometimes the hockey puck will fly to the air and hit one of the opponents, this will cause them to deal with 5% damage.

All Characters who appear in each events
  • Metal Sonic-Alpine Skiing Downhill
  • Dry Bones, Toad, Jet, & Silver-Snowboard Cross
  • Dry Bowser, Toadette, Omega, & Zavok-Bobsleigh
  • Waluigi, Vector, Birdo, & Shadow-Ice Hockey

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Kingdom Hearts

Keyblade Graveyard

This stage would be about the size of Tortimer's island but instead of water it's a dropoff. The background and foreground are filled with Keyblades and the mountain is in the background On that mountain, Xehanort may appear.

In terms of platforms there are 2 floating rocks that occasionally appear in a style like PS.

That is where it ends for Hazards off but with Hazards On a Large beam of Keyblades may sweep across the stage that does damage and acts like a long platform.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I will probably replace this if I can think of a non-Sonic stage to submit, but for now here's my contribution!

Emerald Coast (Sonic The Hedgehog)

The Layout
The graphic below uses images from Sonic Advance, though it's only to represent the possible layout of Emerald Coast, not Neo Green Hill Zone.

Imagine a somewhat smaller Big Battlefield, with one long platform within jump height for most characters, and another platform just above it. It's a large stage that can easily fit eight fighters somewhat comfortably (as shown in the above graphic), however it can be used as a counterpick in competitive 1v1 matches, specifically one that would favor rushdowns over zoners due to the abundance of platforms. The layout is not directly based on any one part of Emerald Coast, but rather the general theme of the level’s many platforms on a beach environment.

With hazards on, a Rhinotank (the first enemy in Emerald Coast) will bury out of the ground about 20 seconds after the match has started. It has a line of vision about ⅓ of the stage in front of it, and when it spots someone in front of it, the Rhinotank becomes surprised and soon after charges straight towards the fighter, hornfirst. They're pretty slow, but they keep the fighters on their toes. If you’re feeling evil, you can grab an opponent and force them to get hit by the badnik while suffering no damage yourself. When a fighter is close enough, the Rhinotank sends them flying upwards with its horn, doing somewhat of a limbless uppercut. It deals 16% damage and will start to KO opponents around 85%. You can destroy the Rhinotank by dealing 20% to it, but in order to avoid being hit yourself, you'll want to use a long disjoint or a projectile to tear down the robotic rhino. After it attacks, the Rhinotank will pause for a second before moving again.

Overall, there’s not a whole lot going on at Emerald Coast, which reflects the easygoing aesthetic of a beachside waltz. But the stage has to look like an inviting vacation as well, so let’s get into the appearance.

The Appearance
Emerald Coast will remain mostly unchanged from its first appearance in terms of the overall look. Bright, blue, and beautiful. The platforms in the above graphic will be based on the boardwalk from Emerald Coast, which acts as a main path above water in the original stage.

Unlike Bowser's Castle (which we covered in the first article of this series), Emerald Coast is a floating stage, which means we get to see some awesome scenery from above - specifically, this shot near the beginning of the level.

From here, you can see rings rotating along the landscape, some kind of large structure in the distance (a later part of the level in SA1), and some seagulls. There are some new details as well, such as various types of seacraft, and smoke far in the distance from Tails' plane crash. You can even spot the bridge where Sonic would run from the deadly orca whale in the original game. Hey, you can even see the orca whale hopping around the water near the closest coast to the stage! Fret not, for he isn't hungry for hedgehogs at the moment.

There are two other cameos in this stage. The first is Big The Cat, who will walk along the water, fish for a bit, and then leave the way he came. In Sonic Adventure, he's on the lookout for his best friend Froggie who has mysteriously grown a tail…

After Big comes E-102 Gamma, an Eggman robot who has been sent by the mad scientist to look for this unusual specimen of amphibian. He'll roll along the path in the background, blasting a few Rhinotanks that pop out of the ground around him before flying off the ramp at the end of the stretch of land.

Last edited:
My stage submission:
Gangplank Galleon (Donkey Kong)
1652712826702.png

Gangplank Galleon is K. Rool's ship that appeared in Donkey Kong Country and it's a galleon that serves as Kremlins' mode of transportation through water. Gangplank Galleon is the final level of the game, where you could fight K. Rool, who stole the banana hoard from Kongs.
Gangplank Galleon is one of most memerable boss fight places and it deserves as a stage in Smash Infinite (Despite we had Sawmill Thrills, but we need a true stage for K. Rool that would fit him).

The layout would be similar to Super Smash Flash 2's, but I don't want to plagiarize the SSF2 Gangplank Galleon, so instead we should make a layout based on final boss arena, which it would be walk-off arena with slope walls. Also it has small soft floating platform above the ground.
So it would be also like Pirate Ship, but zoomed in and it stays in place.
1652713582293.png

(This is how the layout looks like; minus the platform)​

However, this isn't actually a stage without hazards. It has hazards, which are the kremlings like Kritters or Klumps, who jump out of nowhere and they attack you (You can defeat them you attack) for while and they go away.
The Kremlings that appear on this stage:
  • Kritter (He swipes his hand at opponents)
  • Klump (Throws grenades on the stage)
  • Klaptrap (Acts like on Kongo Falls and his AT version, which he bites the opponent)

If you turn off hazards, then they don't appear.

The battlefield and FD form's solid platform are basically smaller versions of the ship like Pirate ship that stay in the water.
The battlefield one has three platforms, while Omega form doesn't.

I nominate this stage, because it was one of most requested stages for smash (Yes, a lot of people wanted that stage alongside K. Rool) and it should be second DK stage in our game (First as DLC one). Also it would really fit K. Rool to be honest and it makes sense to include it in the game (Which it would make people happy).
Also since a lot of people suggest Gangplank Galleon as stage in Nintendo-related creation threads, so why not include it in Smash Infinite then?

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom