• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here are the results of Spirit Event Submissions...

Name3 Points2 Points1 PointTotal
Smash is Strange2 (6)3 (6)012
Have you Played Atari Yet?7 (21)1 (2)326
Codename S.M.A.S.H.02 (6)38
Tin Pin Smasher1 (3)4 (8)314
Smashing Demons2 (6)1 (2)412
BOOM-BAM-KABOOM!!1 (3)2 (4)05

With that being said, the clear winner is Have you Played Atari Yet?

Spirit Event: Have You Played Atari Today?

A blast from the past, Atari all-stars are invading the Spirit board!

I really wanted to get Atari content in base game but this will make do. Seems extremely weird to do such a big gaming crossover with no Atari.

We will be including up to five Atari Spirits. If we get more than five, we will hold a voting on which ones we want to see be included. One user can't only submit one spirit. Not multiples so choose wisely.

Please provide all of the typical content that is required for Spirit Submissions.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Resubbing Centipede

Centipede
Centipede series
Legend class support - Invincible allies (makes allies invincible, takes up 3 slots)

Stage: Omega Garden of Hope
Opponents: Green Kirby x 7, default Kirby x 7
Song: Labyrinth Zone
Allies: tiny Mii Gunner (wizard hat, Organisation 13 cloak)
Rules: Ramblin Evil Mushrooms spawn often

I will try to find some sort of resource as to what games Atari made and owned vs. not for others to use, because there is a lot of misconception in that area

Edit: Here is a public 2015 document from Atari detailing the IPs they own. Note that Alone in the Dark is now THQ Nordic property (and likely wouldn't fit the 70s/80s theme anyway)

Edit 2: Atari 2600 manual database, good for researching character names; backstories; and abilities. Note that 3rd party/bootleg games (there wasn't really a distinction in this era due to a lack of licensing) are included here and, by proxy, the infamous NSFW games.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
1641091060625.png
Asteroids

:starman::starman:
Support
1 Slot
Ability: Fire + Explosions +
Puppet Fighter: :ultsamus: (Light Suit) :ultkirby: x4 (Grey)
Stage: Night Walk
Music: Buoy Base Galaxy
Match: Stock
Rules:
  • The enemy has increased jump height
  • The enemy likes to be in the air
  • Reinforcements occasionally arrive (Kirby)
  • Defeat the main fighter (Samus) to win.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
View attachment 341719Pitfall Harry

Support
1 Slot
Ability: Jump ++
Puppet Fighter: :ultmario:(Green), :ultkrool:x4 (Tiny Default)
Stage: N. Sanity Beach
Music: Jungle Hijinx
Rules:
  • The enemy has increased jump height (Mario)
  • The enemy likes to be in the air (Mario)
  • The enemy is tiny (K. Rool)
  • Defeat the main fighter (Mario) to win.
Pitfall is Activision.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
View attachment 341719Pitfall Harry

Support
1 Slot
Ability: Jump ++
Puppet Fighter: :ultmario:(Green), :ultkrool:x4 (Tiny Default)
Stage: N. Sanity Beach
Music: Jungle Hijinx
Rules:
  • The enemy has increased jump height (Mario)
  • The enemy likes to be in the air (Mario)
  • The enemy is tiny (K. Rool)
  • Defeat the main fighter (Mario) to win.
We're doing games that is exclusively owned by Atari.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Untitled85_20220103053650.png
Missile Commander (Missile Command)
Class: Advanced
Type: Primary Defense, 1 slot
Effect: Shooting Items Power ↑
  • Puppet Fighter: Snake (green), Snake (chartreuse)
    • Ally: Jill
  • Stage: Corneria (Battlefield)
  • Music Track: Tunnel Scene - X-Scape
  • Match: Stamina (100HP)
  • Conditions:
    • You lose if your CPU ally is KO'd
    • Bob-ombs will rain from the sky
    • The enemy will suddenly have a Final Smash
      • Item: Hocotate bomb

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
A bonus Splatoon 3 promotion and overall bonus "One Last Hurrah" DLC echo fighter which I think is a totally missed opportunity.
Please don’t advertise other threads here that don’t have anything to do with this game or game creation in general.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Still 2 more to go, here's the one I advised we should have:
Millipedes is basically just Centipede and while we can have Breakout or Adventure it isn't really that thematic but hey, surprise me.

Also, what happens if we ran out of time do we just have 3 for spirit event or will it be filled out?

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
1641174567136.png
Bentley Bear
Support
2 Slot
Ability: Run Speed +
Puppet Fighter: :ultbanjokazooie:
Stage: Meta Crystal
Music: Meta Crystal
Rules:
  • The enemy likes to stay on the ground
  • The enemy has increased ground speed
  • Defeat the main fighter to win
1641174616832.png
Warlords
:starman::starman::starman:
Defense Primary
1 Slot
Ability: Franklin Badge Equipped
Puppet Fighter: :ultridley: (Giant), :ultganondorf: x4 (Small)
Stage: Castle Siege
Music: Airship Theme - Super Mario Bros 3
Match: Stamina (50HP)
Rules:
  • The enemy is equipped with a Frankling Badge (Ganondorf)
  • The enemy likes to use Neutral Special (Ridley)
  • Defeat all fighters to win

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Was just going to submit it myself if there weren't any but oh well, here's mine at least with more detail:
Bentley Bear (Crystal Castles)
Class: Novice
Type: Support Grab, 1 slot
Effect: Magic Attack ↑
  • Puppet Fighter: banjo & Kazooie (Green) [both Bentley and Banjo are bear and the color choice being Gruntilda is a reference to the similarly name witch named Berthilda]
  • Stage: Great Cave Offensive [Many levels in the game involve you traversing some kind of castles (the graphic is very limited so I always assume it's a cave or hill) and GCO is basically that]
  • Music Track:
  • Match: Stock (1)
  • Conditions:
    • The enemy is easily distracted by items [game objective being you have to pick up gems to proceed]
    • Everyone became more powerful after eating [references how there's a power-up that gives you an advantage while also counting as point and some, like the gem, can even be picked up by the enemy]
    • Hostile assist trophy will appear (Pokie) [there's an enemy in the game that is similarly inbuilt being the Gemeater]
      • Items: Food, Beehive [subtitute for the gem and the honeypot]
Warlord (Warlords)
Type: Primary Attack, 3 slot
Effect: Weapon Attack ↑

• Puppet Fighter: Marth (blue), Roy (purple), Chrom (yellow) [they are lords from their respective entry, befitting for this spirit]
  • Stage: Castle Siege [Game being all about wrecking other castles and this stage is basically that]
  • Music Track:
  • Conditions:
    • The enemy has super armor and is hard to launch [referencing the walls that you have to break in order to win]
      • Held items: Fire Bar (Marth), Hothead (Roy), Chrom (Fire Flower) [the method to take the walls in the game is by using a bouncing fire ball]
Also, aren't we allowed to only submit one?

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I said earlier that one one submission per person but since we also didn’t get so many submissions so I decided to accept those that were submitted by more than one user. We had two Warlords and two Bentley Bear so one will be from GolisoPower GolisoPower and the other will be from Commander_Alph Commander_Alph

Resubbing Centipede

Centipede
Centipede series
Legend class support - Invincible allies (makes allies invincible, takes up 3 slots)

Stage: Omega Garden of Hope
Opponents: Green Kirby x 7, default Kirby x 7
Song: Labyrinth Zone
Allies: tiny Mii Gunner (wizard hat, Organisation 13 cloak)
Rules: Ramblin Evil Mushrooms spawn often

I will try to find some sort of resource as to what games Atari made and owned vs. not for others to use, because there is a lot of misconception in that area

Edit: Here is a public 2015 document from Atari detailing the IPs they own. Note that Alone in the Dark is now THQ Nordic property (and likely wouldn't fit the 70s/80s theme anyway)

Edit 2: Atari 2600 manual database, good for researching character names; backstories; and abilities. Note that 3rd party/bootleg games (there wasn't really a distinction in this era due to a lack of licensing) are included here and, by proxy, the infamous NSFW games.
View attachment 341721Asteroids

Support
1 Slot
Ability: Fire + Explosions +
Puppet Fighter: :ultsamus: (Light Suit) :ultkirby: x4 (Grey)
Stage: Night Walk
Music: Buoy Base Galaxy
Rules:
  • The enemy has increased jump height
  • The enemy likes to be in the air
  • Reinforcements occasionally arrive (Kirby)
  • Defeat the main fighter (Samus) to win.
Missile Commander (Missile Command)
Type: Primary Defense, 1 slot
Effect: Shooting Items Power ↑
  • Puppet Fighter: Snake (green), Snake (chartreuse)
    • Ally: Jill
  • Stage: Corneria (Battlefield)
  • Music Track: Tunnel Scene - X-Scape
  • Match: Stamina (100HP)
  • Conditions:
    • You lose if your CPU ally is KO'd
    • Bob-ombs will rain from the sky
    • The enemy will suddenly have a Final Smash
      • Item: Hocotate bomb
View attachment 341777Bentley Bear
Support
2 Slot
Ability: Run Speed +
Puppet Fighter: :ultbanjokazooie:
Stage: Meta Crystal
Music: Meta Crystal
Rules:
  • The enemy likes to stay on the ground
  • The enemy has increased ground speed
  • Defeat the main fighter to win
View attachment 341778Warlords
:starman::starman::starman:
Defense Primary
1 Slot
Ability: Franklin Badge Equipped
Puppet Fighter: :ultridley: (Giant), :ultganondorf: x4 (Small)
Stage: Castle Siege
Music: Airship Theme - Super Mario Bros 3
Match: Stamina (50HP)
Rules:
  • The enemy is equipped with a Frankling Badge (Ganondorf)
  • The enemy likes to use Neutral Special (Ridley)
Was just going to submit it myself if there weren't any but oh well, here's mine at least with more detail:
Bentley Bear (Crystal Castles)
Class: Novice
Type: Support Grab, 1 slot
Effect: Magic Attack ↑
  • Puppet Fighter: banjo & Kazooie (Green) [both Bentley and Banjo are bear and the color choice being Gruntilda is a reference to the similarly name witch named Berthilda]
  • Stage: Great Cave Offensive [Many levels in the game involve you traversing some kind of castles (the graphic is very limited so I always assume it's a cave or hill) and GCO is basically that]
  • Music Track:
  • Conditions:
    • The enemy is easily distracted by items [game objective being you have to pick up gems to proceed]
    • Everyone became more powerful after eating [references how there's a power-up that gives you an advantage while also counting as point and some, like the gem, can even be picked up by the enemy]
    • Hostile assist trophy will appear (Pokie) [there's an enemy in the game that is similarly inbuilt being the Gemeater]
      • Items: Food, Beehive [subtitute for the gem and the honeypot]
Warlord (Warlords)
Type: Primary Attack, 3 slot
Effect: Weapon Attack ↑

• Puppet Fighter: Marth (blue), Roy (purple), Chrom (yellow) [they are lords from their respective entry, befitting for this spirit]
  • Stage: Castle Siege [Game being all about wrecking other castles and this stage is basically that]
  • Music Track:
  • Conditions:
    • The enemy has super armor and is hard to launch [referencing the walls that you have to break in order to win]
      • Held items: Fire Bar (Marth), Hothead (Roy), Chrom (Fire Flower) [the method to take the walls in the game is by using a bouncing fire ball]
Also, aren't we allowed to only submit one?
My spirit idea:
View attachment 341790
Battlezone
:starman::starman:/Advanced
Defense Primary
2 slots
Ability: Shooting Items Power ↑

• Puppet Fighter: Bowser Jr. x4
  • Stage: Duck Hunt (Omega Form)
  • Music Track: Tunnel Scene - X
  • Conditions:

• The enemy favors Neutral Specials
  • Enemy likes to stay on the ground
  • Item: Super Scope

• Centipede
  • Asteroids
  • Missile Commander
  • Bentley Bear
  • Warlords
Here is the voting form for the Spirits

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
I said earlier that one one submission per person but since we also didn’t get so many submissions so I decided to accept those that were submitted by more than one user. We had two Warlords and two Bentley Bear so one will be from GolisoPower GolisoPower and the other will be from Commander_Alph Commander_Alph

• Centipede
  • Asteroids
  • Missile Commander
  • Bentley Bear
  • Warlords
Here is the voting form for the Spirits
Why Vote for Them? Shouldn't it be reserve for the event?

airConditioner

Smash Ace
Have You Played Atari Today?

A blast from the past! Active from ÍÞæ to ¥¿ŠáÍ UTC, Atari spirits will be invading the Spirit Board! Defeat these 5 Spirits to earn more SP than usual! Don't miss out!

Centipede (24 votes)
Asteroids (10 votes)
Missile Commander (7 votes)
Warlords (6 votes)
Bentley Bear (4 votes)

1641348557733.png

Also,

Alt Costume submissions for Simon Belmont, Richter Belmont, and Isabelle are now open!

As always, please indicate what color slot your alternate falls into. Please include reference images if possible blah blah blah y'all know the drill! Also, Isabelle won’t have any new Alts so two colors for her summer outfit and two colors for the winter outfit. Have fun!

Last edited:

Yiptap

Smash Lord
H̵̯͋̑̂̄̃͘̚͜ȧ̸̧̭̳̬̫̙̳̲̪̳͉̖͗̓̇̀̄̃̚͘͝v̷̢͓̖̭͚̝̜͉̜͚̋̓̂̓̍͋̿͛̀͛̾̕͠ȩ̸̳͓̀͒̌̀̂̏̀̕ ̷̗̺͒͝y̶̡̙̦̗̟̗̠͠ó̶̰̣͈̯̆u̷͈̱̹̬̐̃͗̇́͘͝ ̴͍̘̯͍̹̻̮̃̓͐̅̇̎̂͆̐̎͜͝ͅp̷̺̱̩̻̙̞͙̘̗̟͔̯̩̣͆̓̌͒͗̌͠l̶̡̯̳̘̺͖̲̟͇̣͓͓͋͒͑̈́a̴̡̼͖̫̳͙̎̂̑͗̚ÿ̷̳̠̘̘͉̫̞̜͇̪̫̣́͒̿̍̅̋̈̃̔̎͋͋̚è̷̤̭̰̟̰͎̼̝̤͉̀͊͊͒͑̉̂̆͐̊̉̕͜d̷͚̙̮̊̿̅͗́̌͆ ̷̢̡̩̖͉̋͗̂͒͐͊͂̎͐̕͠Ä̷̝̟͍̟̟̐̿́̓͛ͅṱ̵͋́̐͊̐̕̕a̶̢͆̀̐͠ȑ̶̛͖͍̜̻̪̤̠͓̲͓̓̈͐ͅi̷̟̣̋̉̒̀̄̇ ̷̡̼̞̠̖͚̃̿̐͋̕ÿ̸͓̭̫́͜ͅȩ̸̟̬̹̹͚̟̰̰̯̲͍͗̿͂̈́͛̓̌́̇̓̚̕ț̶̢͓̠̼̓̿͌͐̉͛̀̋̈́̈̚͝?̷̢̛̘̫͚̯̙̖̘͈͉̇͌͂̒̊́̒̀

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Yea, that’s my bad. I had forgotten we did King K Rool. The staff are taking care some of the jobs as I prepare for my upcoming exams. Instead, we will be doing Isabelle.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Simon:
1641352258259.png

Trevor Belmont (Netflix) (White)
Based on Trevor Belmont's appearance in the popular Netflix adaptation by Adi Shankar. In this, Simon gains white leather armor with red trims, as well as white and black boots and a solid gold pauldron.

Richter:
1641352594070.png

Death (Midnight Blue)
An alternate color based on Death's appearance in Symphony of the night. Richter's usually-navy clothes becomes a deadly shade of midnight blue while his pants become pitch black.

Isabelle:
1641352422897.png

New Horizons (Salmon)
A salmon-pink alt color for her summer outfit based on her appearance in Animal Crossing: New Horizons. Isabelle's cardigan gains a hot-pink color with white trims with a darker pink shirt underneath and a white skirt.

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Simon

Lord of Shadow (Green)

An alternate timeline of himself from Lord of Shadow. In there as well as here his whole body armor is painted green whilst some of the outline turned copper red in reference to his piece of armor, his hair is still the same but has a slight red tint to it.

Richter

Maria Renard (Pink)

The series' "Damsel in Distress" or so it seems, she's Richter's faithful ally that has the power to summon powerful creatures due to her heritage. The color itself takes heavy inspiration from Dracula X Chronicles, in there and also here the outfit turn into a pink tint except for his pants which stays the same and the inner collar which painted white, the white outline is replaced with black and as a bonus his headband turned blue.

Isabelle

Fall outfit (Winter Brown)

Based on her fall outfit in New Horizons, not much other than just change the outfit color to brown.

Last edited:
Simon Belmon alt.
John Morris (Pink)

1641370458328.png

His whole costume becomes Pink like on "Castlevania Bloodlines" artwork. His hair becomes brown.

Richter Alt.
Simon (Brown)

His costume becomes brown like Simon's. His hair becomes also blond.

Isabelle Alt.
Kimono (Dark Green)

She now wears Kimono in Dark Green scheme.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Isabelle: Floral Winter Outfit (Green)

Based on her Kimono, any brown area of the winter outfit becomes orange, while the jacket itself is green with a floral pattern and gradients down every hole except the neck. The dress itself is orange.

(Didn't realise Tankman also submitted this, I'm keeping this one up though as it more closely follows the rules)

Simon Belmont: Captain N (Blue)

Simon has tanned skin, a blue chestplate with white markings, an orange belt, and a beige tunic. His colours are a lot brighter and more saturated compared to his other alts.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Hey everyone! Thank you so much more putting together the DLC bundle for Hades and Zagreus! It was full of fun content that really made it stick out compared to Ultimate's DLC packs. Now, due to the way the thread moves, we can't sit on here and making DLC for the next 2 years so we are moving right along.

I mentioned earlier that, unlike during our launch development cycle, our DLC roster appearances won't be ordered in...well...appearance. Zagreus will be our first character but, following that, our three other DLC characters for our first Season Pass will be arranged AFTER we include everyone. So once we finish with our fourth character, we will decide to player fighters #2, #3, and #4 after Zagreus. This gives us far more freedom in regards to how we order the pass.

We will be indicating launch dates but we will also be doing Spririt Events as well. These Spirit Events may introduce new Spirits to our roster but may also be events where we look to Spirits we already have and include them in our roster. Now, this doesn't mean these will be the only Spirit Events we have but...I can't imagine us all having Spirit Events constantly. I have working on an idea where we increase our number of Spirit Events and streamline it more but I will announce that later...

So, with that being said, I feel now is a good time to progress forward and start working on our next DLC fighter! Next I mean in terms of a schedule but we will decide where to place this character in regards to the pass.

We won't be doing submissions yet though so please do not submit a character. We will be doing a discussion phase until tomorrow!

DLC FIGHTER DISCUSSION: A 3rd Party Character whose franchise/series is largely connected to Nintendo

Our next fighter is a character who got a start on a Nintendo system and/or whose series has a connection to Nintendo. One such character was :ultsimon:. While Castlevania isn't really seen as a Nintendo-only third party franchise, there is still a deep connection between these two that characters like :ultjoker: and :ultkazuya: just doesn't have. Likewise, :ultbanjokazooie: is another who is a very deep connection whose inclusion was largely seen as impossible before it happened.:ulthero: :ultmegaman::ultsnake::ultbayonetta: are all characters who have a historical or modern connection to Nintendo that other 3rd party characters like :ultsteve: and :ult_terry: doesn't really have. We are looking for a character that...

a) The series got its start on a Nintendo system before branching of. It can trace itself back to Nintendo.
b) The series has an ongoing connection with Nintendo in a way that the character is seen as being psuedo-Nintendo yet third party

Here are the rules though:
The character must from a JAPANESE COMPANY
Only 3rd Party
Cannot be Indie
Cannot have Greek/Hell-focused assets
Cannot be associated with the color Dark Red
Can't be Fire Emblem
Fighting Games are ok
Capcom games are ok
SNK games are not ok (sorry, maybe next pass)
Series already represented in Smash are ineligible.

Now, you can include a series that has only one game on a Nintendo system but that game must of been the debut game of that series. Furthermore, that game must have a legacy that is tied with the Nintendo console legacy is debuted on. Joanna Dark would be a perfect idea for this is we were to allow western IPs.

AGAIN, WE AREN"T SUBMITTING. WE ARE DISCUSSING ABOUT WHAT POTENTIAL CHARACTERS COULD BE INCLUDED AS WELL AS BRAINSTORMING IDEAS.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom