• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Here's my in take on this:

While many of us are not fond of Sakurai taking a break, but I feel he kinda needs one for working hard on this game. Many of us let are greed take control of us to the point where we only want and want, but some of us probably don't thank Sakurai for at the very least giving us a 4th Smash Bros game which is supposed to surpass Brawl. I know it's ironic I'm saying this because you know I've been kinda impatient bout wanting Palutena in for quite some time, but even Sakurai needs to relax once in a while, especially away from all the stupid stuff he probably sees...Example being Miiverse posts.

Sure, today's pic of the day is practically useless except him acknowledging New Year's a bit early, but at least November and December surely showed us great progress and surprises. You even got Rosalina this month along with Zelda, some Assist Trophies, and Rainbow Road. While I'm not big on it myself, many others are happy about those. But again, give the guy a break, for he deserves some time off. He could secretly be working on something new for us to show or some rebalances or changes on the existing stuff (take example the capsule being fat, or Pit now has a sharper pose when shooting arrows), who knows? Besides, I'm sure he'll deliver even more goodness next year. We just don't know when it'll come, though I myself hope it's worth waiting for.
I felt my post from the other thread needed to be reposted here for some reasons.

LazerRage

Smash Cadet
Sheesh. Give the guy a break. He's a human being with a life.
I understand, I just, I just. LOVE SMASH SOOO MUCH *asks smash to marry him.*

also I just wanted an excuse to use that awesome new emoticon I just learned so I work it into everything!!! behold!!

(╯°□°)╯ ︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯ ︵ ┻━┻ ┻- -┻ \(°□° ╯

C'mon that is pretty adorable, ya can't deny it. Sorta looks like Kirby!

Speaking of Kirby, I am also excited to see some Kirby hats. Perhaps Zelda's Phantom or a Luma could be copied since each of the Pokemon Trainer's li'l guys and Sheik had their own. Then again, King Dedede's Waddle Dees weren't able to get copied, so it may operate more in that fashion.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
people are actually hating on sakurai for taking a break? ****ing reee-seriously? sigh... the only reason people should hate on him is for leaving a piece of unresolved data for the fans without resolving in the following day... observe... an empty battlefield... this is where a lot of fans will battle to figure out if zelda actually has a phantom armor knight as a part of her moveset, what that means for sheik, what that means for impa, is it an assist trophy? is it really a playable toon zelda without the big reveal scene? fans will argue again and again until it is confirmed. whether you like it or not, this data is still unconfirmed.

to me, it's not about overworking sakurai, zelda is in a presentable state, why not satiate the fans? here's your answer... despite my saying sakurai is a troll, the actual reason is fan speculation creates a buzz.
see you in a week and a half, space cowboy.​

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
If I recall correctly, Sakurai also took a break from posting until the new year back in Brawl's Smash Bros. Dojo. So I'm not all that surprised.

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
This thread/board should be locked until then.

Wait, why exactly? Does Sakurai taking a break and not posting anything for a couple of weeks suddenly mean that all general discussion about the game must come to a screeching halt? That doesn't really make much sense.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Remember to brush and floss kids.

This was the worst about Zelda's reveal... DK looks like a complete goofball again. :facepalm:

Also, what does this thread think about the Phantom. I say it's Zelda's new Down B.

Like I said in the... Roster discussion thread? I never really gave a **** if Sheik's removed. This picture, not sure what to make out of it, made me even give less of a ****. Regardless on how this ends, I really don't care.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
So...

Zelda gets revealed ----> In one picture she seems like she has a new move in which she summons a Knight ---------> Sheik is out ----------> Impa's in

Am I doing this right?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So...

Zelda gets revealed ----> In one picture she seems like she has a new move in which she summons a Knight ---------> Sheik is out ----------> Impa's in

Am I doing this right?
Down B being replaced in favor of an actually playable Zelda doesn't look good for Sheik's chances.

And really, if Sheik is gone, do you think they'll add another Zelda clone character before they recreate Sheik's moveset with Impa?

Common sence is a blessing.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Down B being replaced in favor of an actually playable Zelda doesn't look good for Sheik's chances.

And really, if Sheik is gone, do you think they'll add another Zelda clone character before they recreate Sheik's moveset with Impa?

It'd be nice if you had some. :troll:

I kid, I kid

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
So...

Am I doing this right?
Yep. More silly assumptions. If anything, it could just as well be a new Forward B, a well-timed Assist Trophy, or even a disjointed Forward Smash. It would be great if you charge it. It really doesn't even look like a Down B to me in design. It moves strictly forward from the pictures, after all.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Zelda wasn't so hot tier wise in both Melee & (especially) Brawl. Even though Zelda needs buffs, I'm still not sure if Phantom is part of her move set, especially that Twilight Princess Zelda & Spirit Tracks Zelda are two completely different people (not even in the same timeline eras).

Also, even though I have some doubts, it would be cool if we get another character reveal on the day Sakurai's Pic of the Day returns.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Kirby Triple Deluxe comes out the 11th of January right? I think we might see DDD or Metaknight around that time.
Maybe during the week of the 13th, who knows. I'm just ready for 2014 to begin! Nintendo better step it up next year :sonic:

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Sakurai? Take a break? How dare he! Get back into your hamster wheel and make me my Smash!

In all seriousness, Sakurai deserves a break. This week alone, we got Rainbow Road, Zelda and a returning AT. Last week, we got a newcomer. We're pretty lucky, let him rest.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'll be awaiting the time Sakurai returns from his well deserved break. I expect to see Dedede since Meta Knight is nowhere to be found in Triple Deluxe.

Off Topic: I'm ****ing glad that the eShop was fixed today and pissed that it will take 3 hours for my Wii Fit U demo to be done. :glare:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Seems Pokemon Bank and Poke Transporter were postponed. When will they come out? Who knows; the announcement doesn't say. Kinda figured this would happen when it was taken off the Japanese eShop.

At least I still have a bunch of Christmas stuff that I can play before that comes out.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Seems Pokemon Bank and Poke Transporter were postponed. When will they come out? Who knows; the announcement doesn't say. Kinda figured this would happen when it was taken off the Japanese eShop.

At least I still have a bunch of Christmas stuff that I can play before that comes out.

Since the eShop is back to normal, who knows if I will be back within a week or two. Now I can enjoy some private training with one of my favorite Super Smash Bros. newcomers. :awesome:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Since the eShop is back to normal, who knows if I will be back within a week or two. Now I can enjoy some private training with one of my favorite Super Smash Bros. newcomers. :awesome:
A whole week?! Oh man is this going I be a painful wait. I just want to get that free Celebi.

D

Deleted member

I would think that, especially with the streak effect it has.
Although it'd be a little weird for Zelda to summon a knight just to do a forward slash. To me at least.
The charge up would be funky, or it would have some mad lag to summon then attack, I still say it's some sort of down B.

Like, Down B: Summon a Knight who attacks autonomously or something...

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I wont assume the Phantom is an attack until Sakurai tells us. And even then that wont be for a long time. (I seriously doubt he'll tell us on Jan 6th.)

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
So since we're all speculating that DDD will be announced in correlation with the new Kirby game, it might be the first character reveal on a Friday because the game releases on a Saturday.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
and my post flew over people's heads... brilliant.
It happens sometimes. Join the club.

I was all ready for Pokemon Bank/Celebi today and everything as a late Christmas present, and then when I went on the e-shop... GAH! Just release it already.

Guessing they postponed it due to that link Typhlosion posted earlier about it being unable to stop certain hacked Pokemon and they want to improve on that, even though they'll never truly be able to fully stop poke-hacking.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Guys, crazy theory time:

We all know we didn't get a Pokemon character back in October. Well, maybe he was saving it for Pokemon Bank. Then, he had Rosalina and Zelda reveals to push through, which were unfortunately right next to the release of the Pokemon Bank. So obviously Sakurai needed to put them in and then figure out a way to reveal a Pokemon character at the time the bank is released.

Sakurai messed with Pokemon Bank, causing it to delay, to fit his reveal calendar.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion

Hi I'm Zelda. No, not the one you all were expecting. Well to be fair there are several of me, so...

No doubt you must have some questions about my "appearance", I have a few of my own.

Why do I have such big hands? Was this a mistake? They're HUGE!

Why do I look like Jake Scully from avatar?

For the Love of God, WHERE IS MY SHIEK FORM?! Tell me I'm NOT going to have to tag team with Impa.

Last edited:

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Now everyone can get plenty of sleep instead of staying up at 2AM for an update.

But that Battlefield- ****ing gorgeous. The level of detail is exquisite and I love how it looks to be inspired by the world of Kid Icarus Uprising.

I love it.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Now everyone can get plenty of sleep instead of staying up at 2AM for an update.

But that Battlefield- ****ing gorgeous. The level of detail is exquisite and I love how it looks to be inspired by the world of Kid Icarus Uprising.

I love it.

Said the magic words of KIU. Now I'm more happy bout the Battlefield, that actually has wind blowing in the background this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom