• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I was expecting some of that GameCube title stuff; hopefully they make a controller for it (wired, please!). Hopefully they show games like the Wind Waker rather than Mario Party.
This may pique the interest of some of you. Just found out that the guy playing the voice of Chrom in the English adaptation of Awakening is the same voice actor for Chris Redfield. Food for thought.
Hopefully Krom doesn't end up in trash games like Chris has had to deal with in Resident Evil 6. Rest In Peace, quality Resident Evil games (Capcom games as a whole?)... :(
I'm expecting a whole new game in the 3DS Smash. I could be something completely different.
That's why I keep saying we're gonna get Smash FOUR and Smash FIVE! :)
I think the characters already in Smash should have their classic and Awakening designs as selecteable costumes. Except Ike's, because his redesign is garbage.
Agreed. The alternate Roy/Marth outfits are great, as is Marth's look in the 2 DS Fire Emblem games. As for Ike, I wanna see his current look be his alternate, and his Radiant Dawn look become his default look. He looks way more awesome with the new haircut and being way more older and having achieved a higher BAMF status.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Hopefully Krom doesn't end up in trash games like Chris has had to deal with in Resident Evil 6. Rest In Peace, quality Resident Evil games (Capcom games as a whole?)... :(
Despite the whole fiasco with it, SFxTK 2013 does give some hope.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^^^ Eh, it's the internet 2.0 era, so this is to be expected. Actually, this begs the question of how soon will the real Smash WiiU and/or Smash 3DS roster(s) be leaked.... :bee:
I know about Bladewise; I had him in both my Brawl and Melee pools at Genesis. There's no doubt he's an extremely talented player with a surprisingly fast and fluid Peach. Dunno if he still plays Brawl but he had an amazing offstage game at that tournament playing as Marth.
Yeah, he is extremely talented offensively, his off the stage finishes are incredible, and in a completely different way from other top Peach mains. It's crazy how different people can play the same character when you compare Bladewise and Armada to other top Peach players.

His Marth is also very flashy, and sets up great combos and kills, especially in teams. I saw him play in teams at Rule 6, and he made many moments where if his partner was ready, his partner could have scored many kills (many of which his partner did).

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
SFxT offers hope only because it's made by the Tekken team at Namco Bandai. :laugh:
Virtual Boy games will come to 3DS, so we can experience them like they were supposed to be experienced: in THREE-DEE.
*waits for some awful head-ache inducing three-dee head gear that weighs like 10 pounds* :awesome: :grin: :laugh: :chuckle: :shades: :cool: ;)

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I think Johnknight was referring to Tekken X Street Fighter, not Street Fighter X Tekken. While the titles may sounds similar, they are developed by two different teams. In the case of Tekken X Street Fighter, it's going to be developed by the team behind Tekken and follow a similar style of gameplay.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
You know what I thought of? Smash should use their models better, and include a defense system based on what part of the body you hit a character at.

Say, some characters would be stronger at their head / upperbody with flinch and damage resistance (aka, act heavier than they are) and some would be stronger at their legs. And some character in general have more flinch and damage resistance in general. Say, Bowser's shell should take much less damage than Peach's upperbody. And if the legs are attacked a lot, characters move a little slower when running, creating new strategies. Which makes it also far more strategic to hit specific body parts, and gives some bigger characters the advantage.

Say, each body part would have an average 'stamina' of 50%. If those 50% are gone, attacks using these parts become stale quicker and do more damage. If 100% (or just: 2x the stamina) is reached over a body part, attacks do a little more damage on those parts as well.

Characters with strong legs wouldn't hurt their legs so badly, but are still adviced to be careful not to get hit on them too much, cause it would limit speed.

Some examples I thought of (taking 50% as average)

Mario:
Head: 50%
Upperbody / Arms: 50%
Lower Body / Legs: 50%

Donkey Kong:
Head: 70%
Upperbody / Arms: 80%
Lower body / Legs: 35%

Mewtwo:
Head: 85%
Upperbody / Arms: 30%
Lower body / Legs: 65%
Tail: 60%

Samus:
Head: 40%
Upperbody / Arms: 55%
Lower body / Legs: 60%

Bowser:
Head: 70%
Upperbody / Arms: 60%
Lowerbody / Legs: 50%^
Shell: 100%

Thoughts?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
@Diddy
There's no way they could get that to work properly. You have characters of so many shapes and such level of precision is unheard of in a fighting game to the point that it would either become impractical or just really messy.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
No, it's done by the Street Fighter team.
Sorry, I meant TxSF. God these flipped titles are confusing. :psycho: But still, I'm secretly-ish hyped for this game. I might even consider buying it! :laugh:

As for SFxT, I'm not very familiar with the game (I've only played it literally for about 2 dozen matches top), but the fixes in the patch sounds good. Hopefully they go a step further, and PATCH MEGA MAN'S FREAKING OUTFIT ALREADY, and patch the Mega Man franchise as a whole while they're at it... and then fix Resident Evil!!! :mad: :chuckle: :confused: /rant.
Don't underestimate Iwatas ability to recite the history of any given franchise.
Or his ability to write, even in text form.
Iwata: *laughs*
Sakurai: I want to break fre-
Iwata: SMASH BROS!
Sakurai: ....
Iwata: *laughs*

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Hey guys, livestream of the Nintendo Direct right here.

http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/archive/01-23-2013/

Even Sakurai's apparently hyped for this Nintendo Direct. Retweeted Nintendo and mentioned how he's waiting. If developers are hyped, hopefully us fans are justified the same.

EDIT:

Stop with the Miiverse and get on with the show.

SUPER SMASH BROS!!!... This E3.

3D Mario Wii U and Mario Kart Wii U confirmed for this E3.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Wind Waker HD. What the heck?!?! Toon Link returning confirmed.

Monolith!!! Xenoblade 2!!!!!! Shulk confirmed!

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Am I the only one who thinks the non-HD Windwaker looks better?
It does look better. Considering I have yet to play Wind Waker, this might work out for me.

Xenoblade 2... Crap... It looks so beautiful...

NeoGAFs crashing.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
Holy **** dat fire emblem crossover
Wind Waker HD reimagined yes
Yarn Yoshi wtf ok yesss

:phone:

No word from Retro....undoubtably another Donkey Kong

D

Deleted member

So, just to recap:
Smash 4, New 3D Mario, and Mario Kart Wii U is going to be shown off at E3.
Like how Pokemon got a crossover with Nobunaga's Ambition, now Fire Emblem is getting a crossover with Shin Megumi Tensei.
New Zelda game being made for the Wii U, with an HD remake of Wind Waker being released as well.
Yarn Yoshi.
Xenoblade 2.

Anything I missed? OTHER than games we already knew about, like Bayonetta 2 and Wonderful 101.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
So, just to recap:
Smash 4, New 3D Mario, and Mario Kart Wii U is going to be shown off at E3.
Like how Pokemon got a crossover with Nobunaga's Ambition, now Fire Emblem is getting a crossover with Shin Megumi Tensei.
New Zelda game being made for the Wii U, with an HD remake of Wind Waker being released as well.
Yarn Yoshi.
Xenoblade 2.

Anything I missed?
Virtual Console Wii U
GBA, SNES and NES games right now
Mother 2 available on JPN VC
Pikmin Snap

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
GBA games coming to Virtual Console. Oh, and there's a Wii U VC.

Anyone else upset that they're making us re-buy our VC games?
I'm in too much ecstasy to care right now. Looks like that leaked Wii U list was right, which means somebody is working on Donkey Kong and Metroid.

D

Deleted member

Considering the announcement of the new Yoshi game, and who's working on it, I think this rumor should be considered with a little more weight.

For the record, the new Yoshi game is being made by the same team as Kirby's Epic Yarn, which also introduced a new sidekick for Kirby.

D

Deleted member

Considering the announcement of the new Yoshi game, and who's working on it, I think this rumor should be considered with a little more weight.

For the record, the new Yoshi game is being made by the same team as Kirby's Epic Yarn, which also introduced a new sidekick for Kirby.
While this "Debu" could still exist, Iwata pretty much confirmed that Smash will be shown off at E3 firsthand, so the whole "Smash Direct" part doesn't hold any weight anymore.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Fair point. However, the plans could have changed since the post.
There is pretty much nothing about this rumor that elevates it above other rumors. Remember that the new Yoshi game was in like every rumor back when it was leaked, it's not like this guy was the only one to predict a Yoshi game.

It's really time to throw this one out. Sakurai's statements (that Iwata just confirmed) basically said he wasn't planning to show anything for a while (now confirmed to be E3).

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
One thing for sure is that a Yoshi game is being made by Good Feel, which was one of my dream collaborations. It makes me feel SO HAPPY.

Now I just need to see Monolith work on Kid Icarus, Platinum Games work of Mysterious Murasame Castle, Retro Studios work on The Legend of Zelda, and Monster Games work on F-Zero, then I'll be mighty fine for now. :bee:

TheCreator

Smash Lord
Im pretty sure Retro is either working on Donkey Kong or Metroid. The rumor about the guy that accidentally hacked his wii u long ago has had enough evidence by now to be considered true.

:phone:

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
Oh well, I'm guessing they didn't mention any plans to release it elsewhere on the VC, did they?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom