• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash Wii U/3DS Social 7.0

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Hello all!

I'm almost done with everything for the semester and as of my last semester before I graduate. While I'm excited to finish up, part of me wants to stay (I'm sure all experienced this at some point)

That being said, I have to give myself a HUGE amount of credit for ordering the Switch and haven't even opened it from Release Day. Must be wanting to use the Switch as a reward for myself for finishing everything.

How is you?
I'm wrapping up another semester as well, but I'm taking a break later this afternoon to go down and support the Minnesota Twins while they're on the road. They're up against a tough team though, so my hopes aren't very high.

Prometheus16

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4141-4106-0923
I'm wrapping up another semester as well, but I'm taking a break later this afternoon to go down and support the Minnesota Twins while they're on the road. They're up against a tough team though, so my hopes aren't very high.
I'll be signing up for my first year of city college in a couple of days.

In other news: I'm going to Utah until Saturday to celebrate by big brother graduating from BYU.

Last edited:

jarbAin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4124-6082-4371
Happy spring everyone!

The joke in this is that it is supposed to be spring but instead we got like ten kilometers of snow overnight.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Hello all!

I'm almost done with everything for the semester and as of my last semester before I graduate. While I'm excited to finish up, part of me wants to stay (I'm sure all experienced this at some point)

That being said, I have to give myself a HUGE amount of credit for ordering the Switch and haven't even opened it from Release Day. Must be wanting to use the Switch as a reward for myself for finishing everything.

How is you?
I'm good.

And same. My college life ends in just a month from now, as my last semester comes wraps up. Makes me rather sad thinking about the fours years I've spent in college.

Happy spring everyone!

The joke in this is that it is supposed to be spring but instead we got like ten kilometers of snow overnight.
I could make a similar joke.

Except that it is 42°C outside.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
My awful weather is wind:
A Gym was being built in my city, but the project was halted, why? Because the building was just bricks and cement; no support concrete pillars or steel beams. They discovered that when a 40mph gust caused the whole structure to wobble. We expect +60mph gusts on Thursday; RIP Gym.

jarbAin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4124-6082-4371
My awful weather is wind:
A Gym was being built in my city, but the project was halted, why? Because the building was just bricks and cement; no support concrete pillars or steel beams. They discovered that when a 40mph gust caused the whole structure to wobble. We expect +60mph gusts on Thursday; RIP Gym.
Nature needs to step up it's game, honestly. You can't just go using gust on a rock gym and expect to cause any serious damage.
Sorry.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm ready for MARIO Kart 8 deluxe, anyone else getting it tomorrow?
I don't have a Nintendo Switch, and I'm under the impression that Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is less balanced with the character stat distribution than how Mario Kart 8 handled the character stats. For one instance, it makes no sense to see Lemmy have a weaker traction stat than someone who's at a heavier weight class than him.

D

Deleted member

I'm ready for MARIO Kart 8 deluxe, anyone else getting it tomorrow?
As I had mentioned earlier, the only reason why I would get this version is to continue playing online multiplayer (after Wii U online services cease to function). Otherwise, it doesn't seem to be compelling enough for me to make a purchase. I already own the original game on Wii U as well as its DLC. I'd prefer to wait for more original, exclusive software to launch on the platform to make an eventual purchase worth it.

----

Hello, Flight here for another semi-longpost regarding two related video games for a dead home console.

I've played the original Bayonetta game for the first time (shocking, I know) throughout the month. It's such a coincidence I fully started it on the same day the Steam port was first teased. I went for the Normal difficulty, and got fourteen Platinum awards and five Pure Platinum awards on the game's Chapters. I got a Platinum award for all Chapters after beating Jubileus (the final boss). Given I've used the character as an avatar in various websites (such as this one) during the previous year thanks to Smash Bros., playing the game would obviously be the next thing I'd get to do. It's a bummer I took this long to play it, but better late than never. I'll leave harder difficulties for later, when I want to replay the game.

I'm now playing Bayonetta 2 on 3rd Climax difficulty (in other words, Hard), and I'm really liking it a lot. Controls felt a bit weird at first, but that's because the default button configuration (Type A) was different from the one found in the first game. I changed it to Type B, which is near-identical to the first game's button configuration. I'm about to start Chapter III now.

Bayonetta 2 was the one game I was looking forward to the most out of the two, having been interested in it throughout 2014, albeit not by much during that time... interest would later surge when the Smash Bros. reveal happened. I mean, I was aware of what Bayonetta was as far as 2011 or 2012 go... I don't recall exactly when, but well, talking about your interest regarding a video game franchise should be another story to save up for a later date.

Unless somehow I get on here again, or I get summoned, I'm going to go. Later.

Last edited by a moderator:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
3DS support will continue into 2018.

That's good. This easily makes the 3DS my favourite game system of all time.

Now only if I had a new 3DS so I could play FE Warriors and all.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I'm good.

And same. My college life ends in just a month from now, as my last semester comes wraps up. Makes me rather sad thinking about the fours years I've spent in college.
Six years for me. It's crazy how much time has passed in the last six years, but I'm blessed for it.

I opened my Switch Friday to play MK8D. So far, it looks pretty solid

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Hey, apparently I'm only here to say I'm still alive, but since the thread is slow, I'm not posting much.
Anyway, I've been playing lots of Shovel Knight lately, waiting for the European release of Specter of Torment on 3DS. It has quickly become one of my favorite games, especially soundtrack wise. I'd say it's the best indie game, in my opinion (beats Undertale by far).

How has everyone been doing ? I know not a lot of people come here, but still, just wondering.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
As I had mentioned earlier, the only reason why I would get this version is to continue playing online multiplayer (after Wii U online services cease to function). Otherwise, it doesn't seem to be compelling enough for me to make a purchase. I already own the original game on Wii U as well as its DLC. I'd prefer to wait for more original, exclusive software to launch on the platform to make an eventual purchase worth it.

----

Hello, Flight here for another semi-longpost regarding two related video games for a dead home console.

I've played the original Bayonetta game for the first time (shocking, I know) throughout the month. It's such a coincidence I fully started it on the same day the Steam port was first teased. I went for the Normal difficulty, and got fourteen Platinum awards and five Pure Platinum awards on the game's Chapters. I got a Platinum award for all Chapters after beating Jubileus (the final boss). Given I've used the character as an avatar in various websites (such as this one) during the previous year thanks to Smash Bros., playing the game would obviously be the next thing I'd get to do. It's a bummer I took this long to play it, but better late than never. I'll leave harder difficulties for later, when I want to replay the game.

I'm now playing Bayonetta 2 on 3rd Climax difficulty (in other words, Hard), and I'm really liking it a lot. Controls felt a bit weird at first, but that's because the default button configuration (Type A) was different from the one found in the first game. I changed it to Type B, which is near-identical to the first game's button configuration. I'm about to start Chapter III now.

Bayonetta 2 was the one game I was looking forward to the most out of the two, having been interested in it throughout 2014, albeit not by much during that time... interest would later surge when the Smash Bros. reveal happened. I mean, I was aware of what Bayonetta was as far as 2011 or 2012 go... I don't recall exactly when, but well, talking about your interest regarding a video game franchise should be another story to save up for a later date.

Unless somehow I get on here again, or I get summoned, I'm going to go. Later.
Did you fight Father Rodin?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Recently I've been returning to Mario Kart 8 after a 1+ year hiatus with the game. Online races have been limited to tournaments though.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Hey, apparently I'm only here to say I'm still alive, but since the thread is slow, I'm not posting much.
Anyway, I've been playing lots of Shovel Knight lately, waiting for the European release of Specter of Torment on 3DS. It has quickly become one of my favorite games, especially soundtrack wise. I'd say it's the best indie game, in my opinion (beats Undertale by far).

How has everyone been doing ? I know not a lot of people come here, but still, just wondering.
Oh hey. Long time no see.

Yeah, the thread is pretty dead. The torch has been passed to the Smash Switch section now. Such is life.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I wish not to advertise on here, but I'm planning a possibility of doing a Survivor game on another site. Anyone interested in maybe joining to play next month? Signups are gonna end up being after I graduate, so I need to work on challenges

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

I'm good, the thread is basically dead but now that I am good on DevianART, I find alot of cool peoples to talk with. And I still go to the NintenZone Social Thread here and there. I'm also working on some of my personal project plus a collaboration with someone on DevianART.
So, it's goody good.:4pacman:
Also, Shovel Knight is a blast. I have played a little and I am already having fun. This game man, oh and, this music kick ass.
It's the best fake '90 theme song I ever heard.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
In case anyone has a Switch and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, someone on the Nintenzone thread made a tourney and asked for the code to be passed around.

0300-0999-0699

In case anyone that isn't also on Nintenzone wanted to join.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
In case anyone has a Switch and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, someone on the Nintenzone thread made a tourney and asked for the code to be passed around.

0300-0999-0699

In case anyone that isn't also on Nintenzone wanted to join.
Why do these things always happen when I am at work?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Based on my tournament experiences in Mario Kart 8, it's only really the tournaments that Nintendo itself creates, that attract a lot of players. However, most Mario Kart 8 tournaments don't include the DLC tracks, since not everyone has the money to purchase the DLC.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
long time no see my dudes

I know I kinda just disappeared from this site one day, I was going through a lot at the time, and still kinda am. I have a lot to worry about with my family right now too, which is why I may still be quiet for a little longer. Still trying to battle some fears and anxiety regarding other things, too.

I guess tho, wanted to let y'all know I'm not dead and I'm giving my regards. o/

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
long time no see my dudes

I know I kinda just disappeared from this site one day, I was going through a lot at the time, and still kinda am. I have a lot to worry about with my family right now too, which is why I may still be quiet for a little longer. Still trying to battle some fears and anxiety regarding other things, too.

I guess tho, wanted to let y'all know I'm not dead and I'm giving my regards. o/
Hope your situation improves and we see you more often. :)

Furret24

Smash Master
GG this place is dead now.

Sad to see what was such an active place slow to the crawl it's at now.

See you all on Switch thread.
:162:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Is there a reason why this thread is so dead?
We were so active we beame a black hole of activity and started destroying everything.

In reality though, the Smash 4 social was the most active thread on Smashboards, so active we got told to stop and then everyone just migrated to other places where they can be active.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Would be nice if this thread was more active, the NintenZone Social is too opinionated and the Zelda Social is too high end for a lowly commoner like myself.

To this thread's credit, it's not as dead as most of the Character Boards.

We were so active we beame a black hole of activity and started destroying everything.

In reality though, the Smash 4 social was the most active thread on Smashboards, so active we got told to stop and then everyone just migrated to other places where they can be active.
I would just hope that everyone has matured since that time. I still have the various "**** the police" PMs people sent me buried within my inbox. I have no regrets, just disappointment. lol

Top Bottom