• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash Wii U/3DS Social 7.0

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Sometimes I wonder if the difficulty in Breath of the Wild can feel a bit overrated. At worst, I only got three Game Overs, but I guess you do need to take into account your path, and how you choose to handle each of the enemy camps that you'll come across.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Now hearing the DK Rap & Yooka-Laylee Rap side by side, the YL Rap is still pretty good.

Though, nostalgia (DK) wins IMO.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Sometimes I wonder if the difficulty in Breath of the Wild can feel a bit overrated. At worst, I only got three Game Overs, but I guess you do need to take into account your path, and how you choose to handle each of the enemy camps that you'll come across.
I feel the same way. Most of the times I've ever died in Breath of the Wild were times I kept blowing myself up with a bomb.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I feel the same way. Most of the times I've ever died in Breath of the Wild were times I kept blowing myself up with a bomb.
The only times that I got a Game Over were when I was fighting Windblight Ganon, when I got ambushed by some Stalizalfos, and poor planning while attacking a Bokoblin enemy camp. Amusingly, all three of the Game Overs took place around the Tabantha Frontier, but after those incidents, I improved to a point where Game Overs hardly ever occur; I've planned my attacks more strategically, and worked on strengthening my armor supply as well.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
The only times that I got a Game Over were when I was fighting Windblight Ganon, when I got ambushed by some Stalizalfos, and poor planning while attacking a Bokoblin enemy camp. Amusingly, all three of the Game Overs took place around the Tabantha Frontier, but after those incidents, I improved to a point where Game Overs hardly ever occur; I've planned my attacks more strategically, and worked on strengthening my armor supply as well.
You must have been well prepared for your trip, I'll tell you that much.

I'm the only person I know who dies so many times in Breath of the Wild from blowing myself up with bombs. Even worse is my fiancée even took a video of me playing the game, and she captured it happening to me five times. Thank god she promised no time to put it on the internet.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I remember getting game overs in BotW rather frequently very early into the game, whether it'd be due to poor planning within Bokoblin camps, not knowing what to do against Lightning, and not using the glider at the right moments. It was after I got Mipha's Grace I started to no longer get takeovers not just because of that Champion skill but also because I had more experience with what to do. In fact, my new strategy for enemy camps became this: kill the enemies on the mini-towers from a distance, then sneak around onto the top of the skull hideout around where the eyes meet, fire several bomb arrows so that I would kill most of the enemies inside, then jump down and take of the rest, usually when the others had lower HP.

The only moments I got game overs after reclaiming Van Ruta wasn't until I reached the Yiga Clan and got ambushed by the Yiga Blademasters there, but after figuring out how to sneak behind them, it was all good.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
You must have been well prepared for your trip, I'll tell you that much.

I'm the only person I know who dies so many times in Breath of the Wild from blowing myself up with bombs. Even worse is my fiancée even took a video of me playing the game, and she captured it happening to me five times. Thank god she promised no time to put it on the internet.
Studying the demo footage also helped, as it gave me an idea on how to deal with certain obstacles. For one example, don't fight any Blue Bokoblin until you've gotten something better than the Boko Clubs. Try to reduce the amount of enemies that you face, as it's much easier to confront only one foe than it is to fight a whole mob. And until you've gotten the Iron Sledgehammer and Remote Bomb rune, stay clear of the Great Plateau Stone Talus.

I was also unsure about how strong the weakest Moblin variants were, so I basically avoided them until I got the Champion's Tunic. By then, I was actually surprised that the standard Moblin had less HP than the Blue Bokoblin, which really improved my confidence at taking one down.

As for the Yiga Clan Hideout, you basically have to get by the soldiers without being spotted AND without attacking them. You can use Stasis+ to freeze them, but your cover is blown if you damage any of them; the background music change is pretty much a huge warning.

Last edited:

Prometheus16

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4141-4106-0923
The Captain Falcon Match-up discussion thread is dead...there's no more discussion going on there...

I'm trying to revive it... :/

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
Now hearing the DK Rap & Yooka-Laylee Rap side by side, the YL Rap is still pretty good.

Though, nostalgia (DK) wins IMO.
Honestly, I think the CG Rap deserves more respect.

HIS COCONUT GUN
CAN FIRE IN SPURTS
IF HE SHOOTS YA
IT’S FIRIN’ IN SPURTS

Luig

Confused
They definetely improved the Switch version a lot, and that's nice
You won't feel like you're slogging through mud in demanding areas anymore
Too bad I own the wii u version
rip

Prometheus16

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4141-4106-0923
So recently I've been trying to see if I can find a QR code for New Leaf for a design that has the Angel Moroni on it...but I don't think it's out there...

Edit: I want to make it my town flag.

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I just spent about $80 on orbs in Fire Emblem Heroes...only ended up getting Spring Festival Chrom. Would have preferred Spring Festival Lucina or Xander, but I guess I shall settle. He's only my second 5 star axe user compared to my many 5 star sword users, and I still lack a 5 star blue unit...

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
http://smashboards-social.wikia.com/wiki/Smashboards_Social_Wikia

Was doing some Google searches and just noticed that this is somehow still up.
And still has some poor souls editing it: http://smashboards-social.wikia.com/wiki/Special:RecentChanges?days=150

The "somehow" is because Wikia wikis stay up forever, even if they're created as just jokes. That's part of how their business works (and just one of the many reasons I dislike and oppose them). It's near impossible to get a Wikia wiki shut down, unless it's a straight-up copyright violation or plagiarism (and even then you have to jump through some hoops to get it done). Even if it descends into a pure breeding ground for vandals and trolls, they'll still let it go on.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
To be fair, not every use of Wikia is pointless like this case, or at least not heavily useful. My Quest(series) Wikia is actually intended to be useful to people who know of Quest 64 and its spin-offs.

Yugioh Wikia is another excellent use of it and is heavily sourced as well as provides very useful information.

Wikis in general are either for useful information for fans/academia, or are meant to be completely for fun. The Smashboards wikia is purely for fun instead.

The fact nobody much does anything with it is what's annoying.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
To be fair, not every use of Wikia is pointless like this case, or at least not heavily useful. My Quest(series) Wikia is actually intended to be useful to people who know of Quest 64 and its spin-offs.

Yugioh Wikia is another excellent use of it and is heavily sourced as well as provides very useful information.

Wikis in general are either for useful information for fans/academia, or are meant to be completely for fun. The Smashboards wikia is purely for fun instead.

The fact nobody much does anything with it is what's annoying.
My issue is with Wikia as a company, not the wikis themselves. Their paid staff has too much of a tendency to stick their noses in and dictate how a wiki is run (though this is more prevalent on the larger ones), even when they have no interest in the subject of the wiki itself, and take no input from the actual users on any decisions they take affecting all their wikis. A good example would be when they rolled out their current layout a few years back - the vast majority of their actual users hated it, but it was designed to maximise advertising revenue, so they were never really going to listen to the complaints people had about it. They also don't allow the wiki's actual users to have any amount of control over the backend of the site, such as deciding which plug-ins they want to add or remove. What goes for one place is applied to everything, whether you want it on your own wiki or not.

I could go on and on about the issues I have with how Wikia (the company) conducts itself, but I'd rather not bore everyone here. :p

For what it's worth, I think wiki farms as a concept are fine if you just want to do something for fun, like the SB social wikia, since they do have the advantage of not requiring you to put actual time and money into getting it up and running. But I think for more serious ones, running them should be left up to the people who actually care about the wiki's subject matter, and not to someone who's paid to do it and probably has no actual interest in it themselves; basically, they should be by the fans and for the fans, not by the fans and for the benefit of some corporation's bank balance.

I co-own and run my own wiki myself (Fire Emblem Wiki - which has nothing to do with Wikia), so it would be hypocritical of me to be opposed to the idea of wikis. :p

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
My issue is with Wikia as a company, not the wikis themselves. Their paid staff has too much of a tendency to stick their noses in and dictate how a wiki is run (though this is more prevalent on the larger ones), even when they have no interest in the subject of the wiki itself, and take no input from the actual users on any decisions they take affecting all their wikis. A good example would be when they rolled out their current layout a few years back - the vast majority of their actual users hated it, but it was designed to maximise advertising revenue, so they were never really going to listen to the complaints people had about it. They also don't allow the wiki's actual users to have any amount of control over the backend of the site, such as deciding which plug-ins they want to add or remove. What goes for one place is applied to everything, whether you want it on your own wiki or not.

I could go on and on about the issues I have with how Wikia (the company) conducts itself, but I'd rather not bore everyone here. :p

For what it's worth, I think wiki farms as a concept are fine if you just want to do something for fun, like the SB social wikia, since they do have the advantage of not requiring you to put actual time and money into getting it up and running. But I think for more serious ones, running them should be left up to the people who actually care about the wiki's subject matter, and not to someone who's paid to do it and probably has no actual interest in it themselves; basically, they should be by the fans and for the fans, not by the fans and for the benefit of some corporation's bank balance.

I co-own and run my own wiki myself (Fire Emblem Wiki - which has nothing to do with Wikia), so it would be hypocritical of me to be opposed to the idea of wikis. :p
I might as well link my Quest(Series) Wikia then. It's vastly incomplete. I found Wikia easy to work with due to experience. So far, I've had no issues.

That said, fair enough. I thought you meant something else at the time. Anyway, my biggest issue is I can't find a scan of all the Quest 64 Prima Guide. That would seriously help with images. >.<

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Boy, I can't believe how tedious it can be to look for Koroks. I actually had to resort to YouTube videos to find all the Koroks at the Great Plateau, Dueling Peaks, and Hateno regions. And yet there are still a lot more to hunt down.

D

Deleted member

Too bad I own the wii u version
rip
As long as you own the game itself, there shouldn't be a problem regardless of what platform you're playing it on. I own Breath of the Wild for Wii U myself. I wouldn't want to waste money on a system for a game I can also get on Wii U just fine.

I'd personally rather wait until the Nintendo Switch gets a handful of software worth buying the system for. Buying a system within the launch window is never really worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I've been studying some videos that YouTube user, BeardBear, has uploaded for quite some time. Most notably, the top five basic weapons in Breath of the Wild. If you think that certain weapons are very good or very bad, the information that I've read could make you think twice. There are some spoilers in the videos, however, so be careful if you decide to view them.

Zelda Breath of the Wild - Best Weapons (One-Handed Swords by Damage + Durability)
Zelda Breath of the Wild - Best Weapons (Two-Handed Swords by Damage + Durability)
Zelda Breath of the Wild - Best Bows by Damage + Durability

He has yet to cover the top 5 spears though.

Keep in mind, however, that BeardBear "added" the damage and durability values instead of multiplying them. For those who want the data quicker, refer to the data inside the spoiler boxes.

Weapon | Damage | Durability | Damage * Durability
Royal Broadsword | 36 | 36 | 1,296
Guardian Sword++ | 40 | 32 | 1,280
Guardian Sword++ (Ancient Proficiency) | 72 | 32 | 2,304
Scimitar of the Seven | 32 | 60 | 1,920
Ancient Short Sword | 40 | 54 | 2,160
Ancient Short Sword (Ancient Proficiency) | 72 | 54 | 3,888
Savage Lynel Sword | 58 | 41 | 2,378
Weapon | Damage | Durability | Damage * Durability
Edge of Duality | 50 | 35 | 1,750
Ancient Battle Axe++ | 60 | 25 | 1,500
Ancient Battle Axe++ (Ancient Proficiency) | 108 | 25 | 2,700
Royal Claymore | 52 | 40 | 2,080
Ancient Bladesaw | 55 | 50 | 2,750
Ancient Bladesaw (Ancient Proficiency) | 99 | 50 | 4,950
Savage Lynel Crusher | 78 | 35 | 2,730
Boulder Breaker | 60 | 60 | 3,600
Weapon | Damage | Durability | Damage * Durability | Range
Steel Lizal Bow | 36 | 50 | 1,800 | 20
Royal Bow | 38 | 60 | 2,280 | 20
Savage Lynel Bow (one arrow) | 32 | 45 | 1,440 | 20
Savage Lynel Bow (two arrows) | 64 | 45 | 2,880 | 20
Savage Lynel Bow (three arrows) | 96 | 45 | 4,320 | 20
Savage Lynel Bow (four arrows) | 128 | 45 | 5,760 | 20
Savage Lynel Bow (five arrows) | 160 | 45 | 7,200 | 20
Great Eagle Bow (one arrow) | 28 | 60 | 1,680 | 40
Great Eagle Bow (two arrows) | 56 | 60 | 3,360 | 40
Great Eagle Bow (three arrows) | 84 | 60 | 5,040 | 40
Ancient Bow | 44 | 120 | 5,280 | 40
Ancient Bow (Ancient Proficiency) | 79.2 | 120 | 9,504 | 40

Last edited:

Luig

Confused
As long as you own the game itself, there shouldn't be a problem regardless of what platform you're playing it on. I own Breath of the Wild for Wii U myself. I wouldn't want to waste money on a system for a game I can also get on Wii U just fine.

I'd personally rather wait until the Nintendo Switch gets a handful of software worth buying the system for. Buying a system within the launch window is never really worth it.
I know
I was just joking about how the wii u version's update wasn't as nice as the switch's
I don't want a switch yet for the exact reasons you said, I have the game on wii u and it's completely fine. The doesn't really have any games I actually want besides fast rmx, and one game is not enough to get me to buy a console.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Good evening everyone!

I've been super busy as of late. Doing research papers, finish hosting a banquet last night, restarting Red, Blue, and Yellow to finish with Pokemon Stadium on the 64, social life, getting a little fraternity brother, etc.

As of today, 34 days until graduation!

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Replayed Touhou 6 again on Normal difficulty. I got so close to beating it, but Stage 4 screwed me over. Didn't have enough bombs or continues to beat Stage 6. Dang Patchouli and Sakuya. :hulk:

Then again, I'm probably just extremely rusty.

D

Deleted member

I know
I was just joking about how the wii u version's update wasn't as nice as the switch's
I don't want a switch yet for the exact reasons you said, I have the game on wii u and it's completely fine. The doesn't really have any games I actually want besides fast rmx, and one game is not enough to get me to buy a console.
Isn't FAST Racing NEO on Wii U, though?

But I see. The only two upcoming games that truly interest me are Splatoon 2 and Super Mario Odyssey. I already own Breath of the Wild and Mario Kart 8 on Wii U, but I'd have to get the latter's Deluxe version if I wanted to keep playing online multiplayer after the Wii U services cease to function in the coming years. What I'd have liked is the ability to transfer or copy the Mario Kart 8 Wii U save data to the Deluxe version, so as to not go through the Grand Prix cups in all difficulties again, but I'm probably just lazy on that front.

I'm not sure about the rest of the software shown already. New software being shown on E3 this year may help a bit, but I'm uncertain about that if most of them will end up releasing in the following year.

Last edited by a moderator:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I used breath of the wild as my excuse to buy the system.

Arms, splatoon 2, Mario kart 8 deluxe and Mario Odessey are other games I am looking forward to.

Same with xenoblade if it is this year.

Launch library was on the poor side but you also don't want to swamp your releases right out of the gate.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
It's been so long since there's been a Nintendo Direct that I could feasibly care/get excited about (not counting "surprise" Switch announcements). Almost feels nostalgic looking forward to Wednesday.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
>Minor direct

I can't say I'm THAT disappointed. There are still a lot of people who like Splatoon, so if they're satisfied, surely I can wait even longer for bigger news. It's also worth noting I'll be out for most of the afternoon and won't be back on until the next morning at the earliest.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I thought it was good for what it was advertised as (a "minor" Direct, obviously the jaw dropping announcements are being saved for E3).

Highlights for me were the amiibo shown, the in depth look at Arms/2v2 being revealed, Kirby multiplayer title being slated for later this year, and of course the new PvE mode for Splatoon 2.

Last edited:
Top Bottom