• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash Wii U/3DS Social 7.0

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Sup. Been a while. :starman:
I have to admit it, guys. I still haven't played Breath of the Wild. And I won't be able to play it until the summer when everyone's done with school and stuff.
In the mean time, I'm occupied making cases on Ace Attorney Online:

"My Experiment" -approx 10 minutes playing time

This is the very first case I made on the website. I think I based it off a dream I had the other day. As the title implies, it's not a totally perfect case, but it demonstrates what you can do with the program. Heck, it doesn't even have to be in the format I set for this case.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
It's pretty normal temperature wise in Wisconsin.

Frankly on FE elitism I find it to be really hilarious when older fans try to claim that it's against the series because they were made easier.

Hate to break it to people who think like this, but because they made the games more accessible and more forgiving, while still leaving in the older modes for hardcore fans with permadeath and such. I think that was a smart move to revitalize the series and get it back on track to being one of Nintendo top selling IPs as of late.

I don't see how this is at all a bad thing, that they can make new games because they earned a new audience and got it from making games more accessible. This is almost point for point my problem with people who complain about Dark Soul and other games with easy modes, why complain about making something easier if it doesn't remove your ability to play it at harder difficulty?

If you are complaining at that point, sorry but then your acting like a jerk because you hate that people are enjoying your toy when you want to feel superior.

At that point, that's just being a jerk instead of having a valid problem.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
It's pretty normal temperature wise in Wisconsin.

Frankly on FE elitism I find it to be really hilarious when older fans try to claim that it's against the series because they were made easier.

Hate to break it to people who think like this, but because they made the games more accessible and more forgiving, while still leaving in the older modes for hardcore fans with permadeath and such. I think that was a smart move to revitalize the series and get it back on track to being one of Nintendo top selling IPs as of late.

I don't see how this is at all a bad thing, that they can make new games because they earned a new audience and got it from making games more accessible. This is almost point for point my problem with people who complain about Dark Soul and other games with easy modes, why complain about making something easier if it doesn't remove your ability to play it at harder difficulty?

If you are complaining at that point, sorry but then your acting like a jerk because you hate that people are enjoying your toy when you want to feel superior.

Completely agree with this. Really don't get why people complain about easy modes being added when you can still play on the original difficulty.
This one bit you said in particular

I have seen someone complain about the super guide in DKC Returns because people they knew were completing the game when they "shouldn't have been". They felt the game had to be played how they played it.
Really annoying that people make those kind of assessments.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I have seen someone complain about the super guide in DKC Returns because people they knew were completing the game when they "shouldn't have been". They felt the game had to be played how they played it.
Really annoying that people make those kind of assessments.
Ironically, Super Guides do NOT help you find all the secrets in a course; you'd have to hunt them down yourself.

Also, some games punish you for using Super Guides in that you can't achieve 100% completion if you don't complete every course "without" using the Super Guide.

Prometheus16

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4141-4106-0923
you're not an elitist if you dislike modern FE. I would say an elitist is someone who constantly tells people they're doing something wrong or playing the game wrong or something. I love Awakening. Its one of my favorite games, but I can understand why fans and oldschool fans would dislike it. People have different opinions. Its sad that FE has received the title "Waifu simulator" but, FE has always had waifus, its just now with modern technology lots more things are turned into fanservice. Fates is a fun game, at least gameplay wise. I enjoy it, you should give it a shot, and try to ignore the waifu stuff if you don't like it.
Yeah, that and I heard that Fates does some stuff to mess with your tactics (the one I specifically heard was that it gives you a false number on your hit rate) to make it seem harder...
Playing it will give you a clearer picture, so I do recommend that you give it a try.
As for Waifu Simulator, the more objectionable stuff were removed from the Western version, so...

Though you aren't an elitist. You would be if you were constantly nagging us that new FEs are bad, that newer fans aren't "true" fans, stuff like that.
I once watched a series of videos on YouTube about the Fire Emblem fanbase, the new vs the old, and some other things. His name was something like "ZerkMonsterHunter" or something like that...it might've been Zerg instead of Zerk...

Anyway, he raised some pretty good points about a lot of the things he talked about...

JayE

Smash Journeyman
Hyrule and Altea, the universes of Zelda and FE
NNID
PinoyPlayerJ
3DS FC
2982-0290-3968
Yeah, that and I heard that Fates does some stuff to mess with your tactics (the one I specifically heard was that it gives you a false number on your hit rate) to make it seem harder...
Yeah, the hit rate system is different in Fates apparently. I've missed so many 80% hit rates in Fates... But not only that, but Conquest is one of the harder FE games in my opinion and has some pretty tough chapters. Conquest and Binding Blade are the hardest FE games I've played on normal difficulty.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Well, I've recently completed the main story in Breath of the Wild, but I also completed every single shrine before taking on the final boss.

UpsettedFizz

Smash Cadet
NNID
Defender5X
Haven't gotten a chance to play BOTW yet...I can't afford the Switch right now :sadeyes:

EDIT: And don't really want to buy the Wii U version, I want to experience it in the best way possible

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Looks like a software update got released for Breath of the Wild today. But you know, it seems funny that the update was released "after" I completed the main story last night. Coincidental perhaps, but still pretty amusing.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm going on a 4 day trip to South India.

Somehow the date of journey ended up being April 1, here's hoping it's not an omen. :p

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
At least Waluigi's funny unlike the April Fools reformations I've seen on this site.
I basically do it as a reference to Brawl in the Family. Before it concluded, on every April Fools Day, Brawl in the Family had a set of Waluigi comics, or comics that involve Waluigi in some way. You can look at the very first set of Waluigi related comics at the following link...

http://brawlinthefamily.keenspot.com/comic/151-witf/

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Well, Heroes will have Lucina, Camilla, Chrom, and Xander in bunny costumes for the Easter Season.
I know it's for Easter but come on man, why didn't they just add Panne/Yarne for actual bunnies? lol
And where is Ike and Micaiah? how about some Laguz? We need more shape shifters, and more characters, not more fanservice for existing ones.Not saying it's wrong but they could have at least added Ike first.
The outfits are cute though.
I'm still waiting for Micaiah, I understand your struggle, but we need to be patient, this games needs time to show their stuff, they want to kill his app before the first month... right? Ike can't be put in the game so easily.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Oh great, Smashboard's April Fools is in effect.
We're all Nipples the Enchilada!

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I'm mostly posting right now because of April Fools and I want to see my Knuckles avatar. Work currently gives me very little free time since I'm in the middle of the ocean and need my free time for sleep...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
2015: Shaq
2016: Fire Emblem
2017: Knuckles

When will Waluigi finally get his chance to invade SmashBoards?! You make Waluigi sad.

Heck, even better than that...

WaluigiKnuckles.png

I never thought that I'd go back to an old image that was used back in 2015's April Fools prank. But instead of Shaq's face, Knuckles pops up inside the crystal ball.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
We are all Knuckles the Knuckles of the Knuckles in the Knuckles in this blessed day.

Last edited:

Widget

Smash Rookie
NNID
ocharinaoftime25
Days like this make me contemplate life. What does it mean to be Knuckles? How is it that we have come to exist in the form of Knuckles? Why can I no longer chuckle?

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Some of these thread titles sound a lot better with "& Knuckles" added to the end of them.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Waluigi came, got knocked back by Knuckles, returned for the overnight hours, and left just recently. My account is no longer invaded by Waluigi as a whole now.

Maybe next year's April Fools Day will involve the guy in purple, but knowing the SmashBoards staff, that doesn't seem too likely.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Waluigi came, got knocked back by Knuckles, returned for the overnight hours, and left just recently. My account is no longer invaded by Waluigi as a whole now.

Maybe next year's April Fools Day will involve the guy in purple, but knowing the SmashBoards staff, that doesn't seem too likely.
Knowing you used to be part of the staff, it shouldn't hurt to ask the staff to do that next time.

But it could've been worse than Knuckles, believe me. (I'm glad I took the one day hiatus)

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Knuckles is something the Staff had been wanting to do since last year. We also got several complaints from users when we mentioned it was a runner up in a few threads. At the very least we wanted to do better than Emblemboards from last year.
Sorry to hear some people didn't think it was funny, but then again there's always next year. :yeahboi:

If you have a Premium account, for the next couple days you will have special access to the "KnuckleBoards" style/skin at the bottom of page.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm too used to Smashboards Dark, so I pretty much won't be changing my style any time soon.

Anyway, like I said before, April Fools Day was Waluigi's day at Brawl in the Family, so I try to go all Waluigi on my account for one day, just to reference that comic series. Sadly, the April Fools pranks around here do affect our avatars, so the Waluigi avatar that I choose ends up getting the cold shoulder.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Knuckles is something the Staff had been wanting to do since last year. We also got several complaints from users when we mentioned it was a runner up in a few threads. At the very least we wanted to do better than Emblemboards from last year.
Sorry to hear some people didn't think it was funny, but then again there's always next year. :yeahboi:

If you have a Premium account, for the next couple days you will have special access to the "KnuckleBoards" style/skin at the bottom of page.
I just hope someday they'll do YoshiBoards.

It's not some problem I have with mammals that lay eggs or anything like that, I just think YoshiBoards sounds like a good idea for next April Fools.

jarbAin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4124-6082-4371
Oh no!

I missed out on the April's fools day festivities!
Guess I was too busy flexing my muscles yesterday. But I'm not too disappointed, since I'd rather do that anyway. Though it would have been nice to get a few chuckles.
But alas, I was too late, and now the boards have been cleansed of the evil Knuckles that got in it, and mods used their power to wipe out the havoc and anarchy. It seems that the partnership with Knuckles was only temporary.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Rivals of aether is pretty fun for an Indy smash bros like game.

I'd recommend giving it a shot if you like smash in general, though o can't imagine finding many people like that here ;)

Last edited:

Prometheus16

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4141-4106-0923
Yeah, the hit rate system is different in Fates apparently. I've missed so many 80% hit rates in Fates... But not only that, but Conquest is one of the harder FE games in my opinion and has some pretty tough chapters. Conquest and Binding Blade are the hardest FE games I've played on normal difficulty.
You want hard? Yesterday I finally finished chapter 25 of The Last Promise.

That chapter took me pretty much the entire day, even with save states (I did take a few couple hour breaks, which is part of the reason it took so long).

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I wonder when the next Direct will be. I'm okay with not having any news until E3, but if they want to do a direct between now and then, I don't have any objections.

Also WARNING: Don't try to change your avatar.

Top Bottom