• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Blog Weekly Roundup: Halfway to FD Edition (9/2 - 9/5)

Smash_Blog_Final_Destination-1.png

Welcome Back to the Super Smash Blog Weekly Roundup! We apologize for there being as long as a lull as there was, but we're back in full swing! Let's get started.

9/2
  • Fighter: Ike
The Radiant Hero returns- in more ways than one! Both of his Super Smash Bros. incarnations- being his younger appearance from Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance and Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and his older look from Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn and Super Smash Bros. For Wii U/3DS. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate's mechanics seem to be doing him plenty of favors, along with a more effective looking Eruption, so watch out for that battering ram he calls a sword!

3032566-3824447618-ss_4..jpg

He might not be of royal blood, but he'll royally put you in your place in a battle royale.

9/3
  • Fighter: King Dedede
He’s the self-proclaimed King of Dreamland, and Kirby's best frenemy. He's got a few new tricks up his sleeve, particularly his ability to inhale and spit out his own Gordos. Don't forget that K. Rool isn't the only King to be on the lookout for!

3032630-2117536158-ss_5..jpg

"You buncha knuckleheads couldn't hit the ocean with a beach ball! Now hand me another bag o' them chips!"
9/4
  • Music: Fortress Boss (Super Mario Bros. 3)
  • Stage: Final Destination

This Wednesday's double feature gives us a classic Mario remix to sink our teeth into. This time, the arrangement is handled by Akihiro Honda, who is perhaps most well known for his work on Metal Gear Solid 4 and Metal Gear Solid 5, as well as several arrangements of Castlevania songs from games such as The Dracula X Chronicles and Harmony of Despair.

132_1.jpg

And for Stages, we get a look at everyone's favorite Fox habitat, Final Destination! Final Destination has always had stellar backgrounds, and Ultimate is no exception, seemingly going for what can only be described as a "Heaven and Hell" spectacle. It will certainly lead to some exciting matchups!

9/5
  • Item: Alolan Exeggutor
DkFcyOfX0AIIjTo.jpg

Towering over the competition is Exeggutor, in its Alolan form! It acts as a giant wall to obstruct fighters.

133_1.jpg

Up in the treetops, we spy the not-so elusive top tiers gazing out over the horizon, waiting patiently for their unsuspecting Skilled Roys...

Sadly, while we were likely to have something new the following day, the earthquake over in Japan had understandably given the Blog a pause. Regardless, keep your eyes peeled for what may come in the near future. See you all then!

Author's Note: Fenriraga is stoked to see what the Direct might hold. Be sure to let us know your predictions!

Last edited:
Kyle "Fenriraga" Hurley

Comments

There was something I noticed about Dedede's character trailer that apparently only Larry Lurr put emphasis on: it seems like you can reverse Dedede's down tilt while in crouching position.

Last edited:
This is the first rendition of Final Destination that I actually really like. And I think it's awesome that I can morph it into Battlefield as well. I don't know what I'm more excited for: the characters or the stages. Everything seems to be going so right this time around.

Last edited:
This is the first rendition of Final Destination that I actually really like. And I think it's awesome that I can morph it into Battlefield as well. I don't know what I'm more excited for: the characters or the stages. Everything seems to be going so right this time around.
Don't forget about THE MUSIC!

Last edited:
Top Bottom