• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Blog Updates | NEWEST: Ditto

SonicMario

Smash Master
Still no update yet

Clearly it was suppose to be character 68 (and possible 69 as well) and echos

So they are working on a substitute till the real direct airs
...It's also simply possible the update is later then usual and has nothing to do with the direct's delay :V

(Man, imagine if after all this. There turns out to be absolutely nothing Smash-wise in this direct, not even one character. I'm not complaining about that myself and wouldn't complain about it if that happened. But with the tension the delay caused at times in the Ultimate discussion thread I wonder if we'll even be prepared if there is nothing about Smash in this direct as there's still some chance of that)

HypnoMaster372

Smash Journeyman
Surely rearranging the announcements isn't that hard.
Well judging by the fact that brutal earthquake struck Japan mighty hard, it would be pretty hectic over there with all the citizens, especially to those who lifes were just uprooted from literally underneath their feet, plus with just all of the destruction caused to all the affected areas, businesses, public services,, etc., etc.

So basically what I'm saying is that it's completely understandable why there is no blog update today. Be thankful you & hopefully your love ones & close ones ain't living over there.

Arthur97

Smash Master
Or It could be not doing anything out of respect for the Earthquake victims (Also given all the power outages over there, it's fair to assume we won't be seeing anything new until next week)!
It's possible, but they love tacking this stuff on at the end of directs.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Well judging by the fact that brutal earthquake struck Japan mighty hard, it would be pretty hectic over there with all the citizens, especially to those who lifes were just uprooted from literally underneath their feet, plus with just all of the destruction caused to all the affected areas, businesses, public services,, etc., etc.

So basically what I'm saying is that it's completely understandable why there is no blog update today. Be thankful you & hopefully your love ones & close ones ain't living over there.
It certainly was a big earthquake but I feel that it had been exaggerated by some within the western Smash and Nintendo community. I highly doubt the greater community would had known about this if a Direct either wasn’t delayed or wasn’t scheduled.
The earthquake occurred in southern Hokkaido near its capital, Sapporo which suffered damage as well as, according to reports, leaving some million residents without power. That’s a particular problem since many won’t have access to internet save for those with smartphones who can maybe get a signal (which will probably be jammed due to high traffic). The city itself also sustained damage though it seems the place that sustained the highest amount of casualties was Atsuma Town which has a population under 6,000. This is far from Tokyo and even farther from Kyoto where Nintendo HQ is. So yeah, an earthquake did strike but it didn’t strike all of Japan and everyone wasn’t affected.

That being said, I can see them not posting one either out of respect for what happened or perhaps they are busier with other things (like suppressing leak info lol)

Last edited:

WertQuadNine

Smash Journeyman
It certainly was a big earthquake but I feel that it had been exaggerated by some within the western Smash and Nintendo community. I highly doubt the greater community would had known about this if a Direct either wasn’t delayed or wasn’t scheduled.
The earthquake occurred in southern Hokkaido near its capital, Sapporo which suffered damage as well as, according to reports, leaving some million residents without power. That’s a particular problem since many won’t have access to internet save for those with smartphones who can maybe get a signal (which will probably be jammed due to high traffic). The city itself also sustained damage though it seems the place that sustained the highest amount of casualties was Atsuma Town which has a population under 6,000. This is far from Tokyo and even farther from Kyoto where Nintendo HQ is. So yeah, an earthquake did strike but it didn’t strike all of Japan and everyone wasn’t affected.

That being said, I can see them not posting one either out of respect for what happened or perhaps they are busier with other things (like suppressing leak info lol)
I actually had an environmental geology class last night where we discussed the earthquake in Japan. It definitely wasn't something to just say "oh another Japanese earthquake," (not that this is what you're saying) but there are only around 10 earthquakes around this scale a year globally. So yeah, it's semi-serious.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Not sure if we should expect an update tonight. I’m expecting some sort of Direct date to be announced tomorrow morning/afternoon.

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
"His bombs explode with a unique anime style" smh these weeb Links

AIM0001

Smash Lord
We’re at 40/73 character trailers revealed. Of course I’m not counting soon to be Announced characters in the upcoming direct. But still, we’re getting pretty far into the roster.

Last edited:

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
We’re at 40/73 character trailers revealed. Of course I’m counting soon to be Announced characters in the upcoming direct. But still, we’re getting pretty far into the roster.
Too bad we already know all the stages and pretty much all items too so they won't even be forced to do informative blog posts after they're done with characters

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Too bad we already know all the stages and pretty much all items too so they won't even be forced to do informative blog posts after they're done with characters
I’m honestly surprised they haven’t done in depth blog posts on modes like Sqaud Strike and Smash Down etc. It would also be cool if they did gameplay video posts of Simon and King K. Rool. I mean geez give me a gameplay video of a Squad Strike match or something. These blog posts could be so much more than what they currently are. Atleast Tuesdays are hype because of the new music they add every week.

Last edited:

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
We’re at 40/73 character trailers revealed. Of course I’m not counting soon to be Announced characters in the upcoming direct. But still, we’re getting pretty far into the roster.
40/69

Pokemon Trainer and the Mii Fighters both have/had a combined video/blog post.

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
40/69

Pokemon Trainer and the Mii Fighters both have/had a combined video/blog post.
Meanwhile echo fighters get their own blog post but not their own fighter number ):

Last edited:

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
If I remember correctly, :ultsamus: got a trailer days before the direct on August 8th. In that same direct, we got :ultdarksamus:. Yesterday, we have :ultryu:‘s trailer, and it’s only an hour before the direct as I type this.

Ken for Smash Ultimate?

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
If I remember correctly, :ultsamus: got a trailer days before the direct on August 8th. In that same direct, we got :ultdarksamus:. Yesterday, we have :ultryu:‘s trailer, and it’s only an hour before the direct as I type this.

Ken for Smash Ultimate?
Keep in mind the direct was supposed to be last week. If there's a character that's echo related, it's either Ike or Dedede.

Arthur97

Smash Master

Ken for Smash Ultimate?
Also, as this is not a Smash direct, expect only the usual end trailer which going on precedents would not be for an echo.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
From the general thread:

There are 57 blog days left before release, which still has to cover at minimum:
  • 28 returning characters
  • 7 new items
  • 5 new pokemon
  • 8 new assist trophies
  • Ken and Incineroar ;)
That is 50 entries, with 0 additional entries for returning stages. We can expect some extra entries for returning stages, because these returning stages have had entries: (besides BF and FD)
  • Lylat Cruise
  • Wily Castle
  • Princess Peach's Castle
  • Kongo Falls
  • Summit
In other words, we are pretty much on-track with the Blog timeline for the content we expect.

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
From the general thread:
Yeah, this was pretty much my expectation. Super excited, regardless. I think what's great about this game's speculation time frame is we're waiting less than a year for the game to release, easing a lot of the "drought" tension.

TooterDoo

Smash Rookie
That is most certainly not what I was expecting from a HHD theme remix. It sounds awesome, but.... wowza.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
The standard blog update today is Onett.

I really hope Humoresque of a Little Dog is back in the game, now that it can actually be selected on any Mother stage.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Today's Fighter
23: Ganondorf
His new design matches his appearance in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time! Now he uses his sword for all his smash attacks. He's a bit slimmer then he was before, but his Warlock Punch is devastating! For his final smash he transforms into Ganon, The Demon King and quickly charges forward.

Top Bottom