• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Blog Updates | NEWEST: Ditto

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
I don't see a blog post for it just yet, but I put the video for Snake Eater in the OP. Music always seems to have a delay between the page update and the actual blog post.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
You would think the Wily’s Castle update would have finally brought up the toggle hazards feature. Why hasn’t Nintendo officially announced that feature themselves? Kinda odd....

Arthur97

Smash Master
You would think the Wily’s Castle update would have finally brought up the toggle hazards feature. Why hasn’t Nintendo officially announced that feature themselves? Kinda odd....
It was in the Treehouse which is official.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I’m kinda hoping there’s also a daytime setting for Wily’s castle (I liked the day and night setting)

WertQuadNine

Smash Journeyman
That is pretty odd... My guess they'll have some Smash featured direct and go in-depth into the toggle hazard feature's options to "officially" announce it. Like, maybe it has different degrees that could either remove just bosses or everything from a stage and just make them platforms.

Kori

Smash Cadet
Is anyone else a little bummed by the blog this go around?

Don't get me wrong, I'm stoked about all the information they dropped on us at E3, the only problem is that now, there's not much left to uncover.

So now every update is just "meh...seen it"

I feel like the past couple games every update was something to be excited for, whether it was a character reveal, stage reveal or whatever, but at this point we already know so much, there's not much left to reveal. Just kinda makes me sad, I always loved waking up to check out what new Smash info they gave out that day!

Unrelated, but hope they'll still have some secret unlockables like they've done in the past..

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

Don't get me wrong, I'm stoked about all the information they dropped on us at E3, the only problem is that now, there's not much left to uncover.

I feel like the past couple games every update was something to be excited for, whether it was a character reveal, stage reveal or whatever, but at this point we already know so much, there's not much left to reveal. Just kinda makes me sad, I always loved waking up to check out what new Smash info they gave out that day!

Unrelated, but hope they'll still have some secret unlockables like they've done in the past..
I think it’s to be expected. Save for songs, there’s not much information and I think it’s going to be like that until launch. I imagine that when a new direct drops with new Smash content, that the blog will cover that content as well.

Personally, I’m fine with it because, damn, that site is beautiful. Plus, videos of each character is something I’ve always wanted for the website. Smash 4 was crisp and fresh but lacked content. This one seems to be more akin to the Dojo.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Bowser Jr gets his time to shine

Arthur97

Smash Master

Do you remember the early days of Pic of the Day?

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
hqdefault.jpg

"We'll run out of veteran characters eventually, and then they'll have to show us something new, right? How many characters do we have left, like 55?"

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Personally, I totally would have preferred if the site was updated with characters whenever they updated via blog. So like we would be seeing Bowser Jr for the first (technically second but you get it) time.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

They did this in the first month of Smash 4 Pic of the Days too (And I think in Brawl Dojo too if I recall correctly)

It will take a bit of time before they pick up the pace. At least we won't have to wait as long as the last two times.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Thursday night will most likely be another character trailer because that’s been the norm for Thursday’s. With only a week left in July next week, I wonder if we’re getting any new characters or stages at all = /

PlayerOneTyler

Honestly I'm not anticipating anything new ever just so I'm not setting myself up for disappointment. *shrug*

I mean we got Robin and Lucina about a month after E3 where we got Palutena, Pac-Man and Mii Fighters, so it's not like they haven't had reveals this soon after E3 before.

PlayerOneTyler

That was the 2nd E3 since the game was revealed though.

The first E3 to next newcomer trailer was literally June to December.
I don't really think that is a substantial argument for this game, though, considering it launches in December of this year. Unless there's only like 1 or 2 more newcomers, I'm sure we'll get something before December, haha.

Last edited:

PlayerOneTyler

Sorry for the double post, but looks like we got Bewear today! Only two characters this week (Pichu, Bowser Jr.)!

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I guess we just have to bewear of old news until we actually get some new news.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
It’s the last week of July. Let’s see what Sakurai has for us! *Fingers crossed AF*

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Did they say anything about their move sets?
You can choose from "3 sets of them per character", but it's really vague. We can't actually say if they have proper Custom moves, or say, 3 sets of customs you directly choose. Like 1111, 2222, or 3333.

It does at least confirm customs technically still exist.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
You can choose from "3 sets of them per character", but it's really vague. We can't actually say if they have proper Custom moves, or say, 3 sets of customs you directly choose. Like 1111, 2222, or 3333.

Really? That is interesting. Thanks for the info! I always wished they’d have variation play styles for the rest the roster. Kinda like a mix of what they were trying to do in smash 4 mixed with Mortal Kombat X variation. That way Mario could have an Oddessy inspired move set or if people preferred his old one then you can do select that one as well.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
You know, I would honestly be okay with customs back if a) they were already unlocked at the start like with Miis and b) they came in predefined sets, meaning they're just alternative movesets.

WertQuadNine

Smash Journeyman
You know, I would honestly be okay with customs back if a) they were already unlocked at the start like with Miis and b) they came in predefined sets, meaning they're just alternative movesets.
yeah, if they were really easy to unlock / just always unlocked I'd like them to come back as well. I just don't want the stat changing items to come back though

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

The official translation offers a bit more clarity.

Though I've heard some other translations (French mainly) still make it confusing.

PlayerOneTyler

Already updated! I wish I played this stage at E3. I can't wait to try it in December.

Edit: That means all of the new stages are up except the New Donk City one! :O

Last edited:
Top Bottom