• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Blog Updates | NEWEST: Ditto

Apollo500

Smash Journeyman
It's kind of funny seeing big, burly tough guy Rodin standing around on such a happy, sunny place like Delfino Plaza.

Last edited:

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Crew! The August 8th direct announcement found its way to the website! It’s really happening!

AIM0001

Smash Lord
This direct outta make future blog updates a little more interesting as well. I’m expecting atleast one new character and hopefully some stages and modes info.

Arthur97

Smash Master
This direct outta make future blog updates a little more interesting as well. I’m expecting atleast one new character and hopefully some stages and modes info.
If by more interesting you mean the stuff in the direct, then sure.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
I’m not sure if any of the recent blog updates matter much when it comes to what’s getting announced on the direct. If it did then we could expect Ashley to be announced next since Wario was on Thursday and WarioWare Gold came out on Friday. But ya anyways....I don’t think there is really much of a pattern.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Today's fighter is definitely Samus. What many may not know is that today (August 6th) is actually Metroid's 32nd anniversary, and maybe Samus was coincidentally chosen for this day.

Coincidence or not, this made me smile. Happy Birthday Samus! :ultsamus::ultzss: *cue her signature single thumbs-up*

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
Samus added!

The timing of this direct is making me feel like we're gonna see Ashley, but who knows? Either that or Simon Belmont. If Isabelle is in, I think they're save her for an Animal Crossing Direct is they have a Switch title planned. Otherwise, we might see her on Wednesday. Who am I kidding? It could literally be anyone lmao.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Samus added!

The timing of this direct is making me feel like we're gonna see Ashley, but who knows? Either that or Simon Belmont. If Isabelle is in, I think they're save her for an Animal Crossing Direct is they have a Switch title planned. Otherwise, we might see her on Wednesday. Who am I kidding? It could literally be anyone lmao.
It’s really hard to call this one. Seeing how I don’t really believe 99% of the leaks. I think this direct will debunk a ton of people and send them to smash leak oblivion. I’m looking forward to that.

Arthur97

Smash Master
It’s really hard to call this one. Seeing how I don’t really believe 99% of the leaks. I think this direct will debunk a ton of people and send them to smash leak oblivion. I’m looking forward to that.
Personally hope it debunks Simon Belmont.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Personally hope it debunks Simon Belmont.
It wouldn’t hurt my feelings if it did. I’m not a Castlevania fan. But Vergaben or however you spell it is doubling down on his Simon Belmont prediction. He even added Isabelle and claims Decidueyes not the Pokémon rep. Either way I’m ready for all these leaks to be debunked and for Sakurai to reveal the truth. #PleaseBeKRool #PleaseBeGeno

Arthur97

Smash Master
It wouldn’t hurt my feelings if it did. I’m not a Castlevania fan. But Vergaben or however you spell it is doubling down on his Simon Belmont prediction. He even added Isabelle and claims Decidueyes not the Pokémon rep. Either way I’m ready for all these leaks to be debunked and for Sakurai to reveal the truth. #PleaseBeKRool #PleaseBeGeno
Isabelle seems...odd, but sadly not impossible. Another Animal Crossing fighter at all seems unnecessary. The villagers do a fine job of representing the series (sans fishing for some reason).

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Isabelle seems...odd, but sadly not impossible. Another Animal Crossing fighter at all seems unnecessary. The villagers do a fine job of representing the series (sans fishing for some reason).
Ya, Isabelle would be better suited as an AT or an echo fighter at best.

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
Is it me or are these updates releasing later on? While I do expect some matter of consistency, it does leave me wondering if it is related to the Direct this week(tomorrow).

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
West Chester Township, Butler County, Ohio
Well the blog just updated now that the Direct is over (Simon Belmont) is today's fighter apparently)!

Oh speaking of Konami getting two reps! I do hope we get a second rep for Namco (Lloyd Irving, Nightmare from Soul Calibur, Heihachi Mishima, Dig Dug, Klonoa, ect.)

And as well as one for Square Enix (Geno Or Crono From Chrono Trigger! And I doubt this is even slightly possible, Sora from Kingdom Hearts)!

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
OP and Archives are fully updated! I've added:

> Today's Fighter: Simon Belmont
> Today's Music: Bloody Tears / Monster Dance
> King K Rool Reveal Trailer "The Rivals"
> Simon Belmont and Richter Belmont Reveal Trailer "Vampire Killer"
> 8.8.2018 Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Direct

coolmancool

Smash Cadet
So today is Richter apparently. Also it confirm his moves will work a little differently even if they're visually the same. That point was not really said during the direct at all.

Arthur97

Smash Master
I predict Chrom and Dark Samus this week as well as music from either Donkey Kong or Fire Emblem.

Morbi

Scavenger
I am just happy that I got Richter for my birthday. I did not even realize that they updated it on Sunday and figured that I would not even get a lame update like a capsule item or something. I got the best one, however. Which is great, because with a birthday in August, you are used to not getting anything vaguely special.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I am just happy that I got Richter for my birthday. I did not even realize that they updated it on Sunday and figured that I would not even get a lame update like a capsule item or something. I got the best one, however. Which is great, because with a birthday in August, you are used to not getting anything vaguely special.
Why? Growing up, I always thought that an August birthday would be the best. Not only to make back to school seem nicer, but because all the other months have a major holiday (US holiday... and I know different religions celebrate different things, etc... but to me, it wasnt New Years, Valentines, St Patty, etc).

Also, nice to post after you again! I cannot wait until we disagree on something.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm betting on Donkey Kong music tomorrow.

Top Bottom