• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Blog Updates | NEWEST: Ditto

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
The Mega Man 4 medley impressed me. I really hope that they do other medleys in the same style for Mega Man 3, 6 and 9.

evildevil97

Smash Apprentice
NNID
evildevil97
Loving the MM4 Medley. A medley of Capcom songs by a Sega composer, for a Nintendo franchise...

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
Already updated! Had a feeling he'd be next. We should take bets on the next veteran haha. I say Pikachu to go with Alolan Raichu.

Arthur97

Smash Master
Hey, they fixed the video on his actual page!

Uh, gonna make a guess and saw we get...Ness.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
It seems like they're ramping up the posts related to characters. Though I couldn't guess what that means. (if anything)

Maybe it's because they're running out of new items and assist trophies to post. Though there's still many many stages they could be showing off.

Last edited:

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
4 characters in one week? Keep em coming Sakurai so you will run out and only have new information to post. :]

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
:ultpit:gets the honor of ending the week of Smash news off...good

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

Today's Memory 19:

Pichu's first appearance was in Pokemon Gold and Silver (1999). It will be born from an egg that you receive when you leave a male and female Raichu or Pikachu in the day care.

Something along those lines. I might have added words, haha, but here's an early look on what it approximately is before better people come along.

Here's Source Gaming's take on it: 

On Twitter, the very first response to the official post that I saw was "メタモン..." which is "Ditto...", someone was quick to point out that you can use Ditto haha

Last edited:

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
Everyone should be happy that he keeps posting character trailers cuz eventually he's going to run out don't forget :D

osby

Smash Obsessed
Cutest fighter is here.

By the way, why Today's Fighter is still Mega Man?

PlayerOneTyler

Stuff like this is why you should be able to have more than one moderator for a news thread.
Lol you don’t need the OP to be updated to have a conversation about what the update was. I will be back tonight and I will update the OP. Patience.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Does anyone agree if we don’t get a new character reveal this month, that we may have to rethink the 1 new (non echo) character a month theory? I’d like to think we’d atleast be getting 6 more new character announcements but we’ll see. We still got this week and next week for our July reveal. Also I’d really like to see New Donk City officially.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Maybe they'll remember by the time they get to Palutena. But if it happens a second time, it's probably their way of saying "Kid Icarus isn't getting any favoritism, see, we don't even remember what his game box looks like!".
No favoritism to Kid Icarus = DEATH TO THE MAD MAN...by snapping fingers
So, we just skipped Pit? Okay.
Pichu also, but they still have their friends

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
No, Pichu's game was covered. G/S is kind of hard to ignore.
But is it hard to ignore Pichu?

As for the box art for one of the two KI games (don’t think the middle game is allowed to be remembered), Sakurai is trying t9 hide his love for his new son due to making him a beginner character like Mario

Arthur97

Smash Master
But is it hard to ignore Pichu?

As for the box art for one of the two KI games (don’t think the middle game is allowed to be remembered), Sakurai is trying t9 hide his love for his new son due to making him a beginner character like Mario
Yeah, but does Pit really seem like a good starter character?

I think Wolf is also the only returnee to not be featured yet. Next week perhaps?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Yeah, but does Pit really seem like a good starter character?

I think Wolf is also the only returnee to not be featured yet. Next week perhaps?
If someone were to start learning more technical moves but easy enough to learn, then yeah (well that and he’s the fairest character in Smash history)

Wolf could get recognition either this week or the next before they focus on the rest of the cast...unless they decide to never talk about him for some random reason (like Sakurai realizing Etika never ate a certain sandwich he promised to eat)

PlayerOneTyler

Updated with Moray Towers and Pichu's Memory!

Also, thanks to whoever updated my post last night (I believe it was Venus?)-- I got home super late from my flight and I just passed out haha.

Last edited:

AIM0001

Smash Lord
I think we’ve been getting songs on Tuesday nights. Here hoping for Lorule Castle Theme 2!

Top Bottom