• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Blog Updates | NEWEST: Ditto

NTDO89

Smash Apprentice
I've read a few rumors that insist we'll be getting a July Direct mini that will, at some point, go into WarioWare Gold's amiibo support and reveal a new character at the end. As if to fight that, Nintendo's been giving us a lot of July information (Splatoon 2 update, Fire Emblem Heroes update, etc.) but a Direct would make sense at least for WW Gold since it comes out at the end of July for Europe.

So ignoring that paragraph of irrelevant information, I wonder when we'll get a new reveal.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
So far that’s 10 character trailers. So many character trailers to go still. I really hope this week has atleast a couple new things. Even if it’s little things like a new item or song. New Donk City reveal would excite me as well.

Arthur97

Smash Master
Okay, Sonic is available as a series to sort, but I'm not seeing Sonic. When I sort, there's nothing.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Looks like Knuckles had his update today too.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Sonic and Knuckles both being highlighted today only makes me want another Sonic character more and more

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom Hey, not sure if you'd be able to help me out: I tried updating the first post with the Knuckles pictures, but they keep coming out broken when I put the link of the image, and when I tried saving them and inserting them into the post, I get an error that says "Oops! Looks like this wasn't an image as expected!" and nothing shows up.

PlayerOneTyler

Never mind-- was able to get the images to work now. Smash Boards must've been heckin' up earlier this morning.

Last edited:

PlayerOneTyler

Pardon for the double post, but the Japanese website's updated (still waiting on the NA site to update). We have Falco, as well as another update. Care to translate, Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom ?

【きょうの思い出】20:ファルコ
みなさん、「さらば愛しのファルコ」というスターフォックを題材にした漫画をご存知ですか?今でもこちらのページから読めますよ!
~さらば愛しのファルコ~

Last edited:

Arthur97

Smash Master
Pardon for the double post, but the Japanese website's updated (still waiting on the NA site to update). We have Falco, as well as another update. Care to translate, Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom ?

~さらば愛しのファルコ~
I got Falco.

Arthur97

Smash Master
Still isn't updated on my side. Weird. Mind posting what it says so I can update the OP?
Mine was pretty late last time.

Anyway:

Today's Fighter
#20: Falco
He's a talented aerial fighter with amazing jumping ability, but Falco is a bit slower on the ground. His final smash is an all-out attack using an unorthodox formation of Arwings!

MainJPW

M.T.A
Knuckles description seems different than what he was doing at E3.
You probably didn't see him do much other than attacking with Homing Attack. Here's everything he does.

- He has a Homing Attack
- A sort of 3-Hit neutral with the third hit being an uppercut
- A dash very similar to Sonic’s
- An air dodge
- Burrows underground and emerges with an uppercut

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

~さらば愛しのファルコ~
Very loose and quick translation.

Today’s Memory: 20 Falco

Everyone, do you recall the Star Fox manga “Farewell, Beloved Falco”? You can now read from this page!

Arthur97

Smash Master
You probably didn't see him do much other than attacking with Homing Attack. Here's everything he does.

- He has a Homing Attack
- A sort of 3-Hit neutral with the third hit being an uppercut
- A dash very similar to Sonic’s
- An air dodge
- Burrows underground and emerges with an uppercut

It's better than just a homing attack. Still weird that he has one.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Who else just wants an official reveal of the New Donk City Stage already?! Just me?

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Samesies. I just don't really want it to be a travelling stage. I feel like almost every Mario stage travels, lol.
Dude, it has to travel! You know how many cool areas they can cover?! Mario Galaxy wasn’t a traveling stage. But this one needs to be imo. Haha

PlayerOneTyler

Dude, it has to travel! You know how many cool areas they can cover?! Mario Galaxy wasn’t a traveling stage. But this one needs to be imo. Haha
Now that I think about it, you're right. haha. TBH as long as Pauline is there in concert, I'm gucci.

Last edited:

NTDO89

Smash Apprentice
Now that I think about it, you're right. haha. TBH as long as Pauline is there in concert, I'm gucci.
It'd be pretty cool if as the stage travels (let's say through multiple kingdoms,) Pauline's clothing changed appropriately (****** jacket, beach wear, etc.)

PlayerOneTyler

ok so without ANY announcement, they added a city trial remix.....

this ACTUALLY makes me hype, here's the unlisted yt vid (right click on the play button):

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Thanks for the tip on how to grab the direct media! Updated the OP and the Archive with the videos of all the songs so far.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Seeing City Trial in this game in any capacity makes me happy. Kirby Air Ride is a game that needs more love and hopefully a sequel. This is up there with Vega's Theme as the best new tracks in the game not counting Ultimate's main theme.

Hopefully it also gets a stage. I mean, meteors, Dyna Blade, Tac and UFO's as hazards would be pretty cool and the sky transitioning into the colors corresponding to those events would also be cool.

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
City Trial theme! Sakurai's bringing the big guns with the new OSTs for sure.

Also: Knuckles AT and how "advanced" he is kinda gives me the feeling that he should be labeled "Assist Trophy Advanced" like getting a rare pokemon from a pokeball. He does so much for a simple AT, kinda like Magnus.

VodkaHaze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VodkaHaze58
Seeing City Trial in this game in any capacity makes me happy. Kirby Air Ride is a game that needs more love and hopefully a sequel. This is up there with Vega's Theme as the best new tracks in the game not counting Ultimate's main theme.

Hopefully it also gets a stage. I mean, meteors, Dyna Blade, Tac and UFO's as hazards would be pretty cool and the sky transitioning into the colors corresponding to those events would also be cool.
Hearing the music brings back a lot of good memories of playing Kirby Air Ride. But if we're talking about City Trial, I'd be more happy if they made a sequel to Kirby Air Ride. So much about recent Smash games take influence from that game. It's a hidden gem that gets overlooked. Probably won't happen because development on that game caused Sakurai to leave HAL Laboratories, but a man can dream.

As for a new Smash Run, I'm up for that. From what little I played of the 3DS version, Smash Run was a genuinely solid game mode. If they could find a way to do it online, that would be even more fun.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Great now we are getting stage updates. Only 83 more to go. :facepalm:

That’s not even counting the new stages. Which I’m ok with getting those updates because they’re new stages but is it even necessary to go over all the old stages we already know about? That should just be updated on its own without counting as a blog update. Seriously.

Last edited:

_Sheik

Smash Lord
Great now we are getting stage updates. Only 83 more to go. :facepalm:

That’s not even counting the new stages. Which I’m ok with getting those updates because they’re new stages but is it even necessary to go over all the old stages we already know about? That should just be updated on its own without counting as a blog update. Seriously.
Is that a surprise? We already got an update for Battlefield.

Arthur97

Smash Master
Still, I would like more "new" stuff even if it was more returning stages that we don't know about. Or even ones we've only seen glimpses of.

PlayerOneTyler

Honestly, I just want the Stages and Items page to open on the website, lol. I guess when they have more than 2 stages and a handful of items, they'll do something.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
I don't mind them introducing already-known content via these updates because I feel like what we've gotten on the side was far more generous than the first weeks of the Miiverse dailies. Also because the game releases in "only" six months and it's better than having to wait one year and a half

Arthur97

Smash Master
That's true I guess, but there are still stages we know about without proper looks (like Hyrule Castle). Maybe show them off rather than ones that were in the demo.

Top Bottom