• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
Funny story.

So, over the summer, I played alot of Brawl online. There was this smasher named "Shaq" that was a breakdancing gamer like me too. He showed me a video of himself and he was pretty solid. He told me he was the only non-asian in his crew.

So, at the bboy event last saturday, I see this one kid around a bunch of asians during the crew battles. His style looked just like that of what I saw in the video. I ask him "wat's your bboy name?", hoping it would of been the same as the one in the video. However, he told me he didn't have one.

I then go back on allisbrawl.com and found out he lives in Minnesota (where the event was held). I check his video again and it appears that the bboy crews match perfectly.

Us 2 competitive smash players "met" each other at a bboy competition without ever noticing O_o
all i hear are johnz

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Fro'// 0-2.......I hate you. Also, next time I gotta try that yogurtish tazikakaikezia sauce on my pita.

Mr. H// ..........................You better be there next time, that's all I have to say. Actually, no it's not. We are beating Super Mario too that weekend.

Kitsune// So did you eat the carrot-flowers? And how dare you make fun of my wavedashes/triangle jumps that I performed with George's controller.

ACBurito// You better be free all weekend next time. And be careful with the dead person down your road.

iamthemicrowave// *Where you would standup in a job interview* (careercc.com)

Interview Tip #1- Be Positive. CHECK
Interview Tip #2- Plan Ahead. CHECK
Interview Tip#3- Maintain Eye Contact. HUGE FAIL

bunbun// And I thought MY driving was bad. OMG. Also, you moved the steering wheel so now it's down to like my ankles, and I don't know how to fix it. And stop playing with Anthony because the amount of skill that you gained in one week took me like two years, and it makes me jealous. So stop it.

KSO// Stop feeding my dog all that **** chocolate. Also, we are going to bowling next time whether Bethany likes it or not. You've got a "real" bowl to try out now, you know.

The Voorheese// F'n Voorheese.

Dracofox// We never had a chance to play in the tournament this weekend :/ And you're right, the double chocolate ones are gross.

mecatomato

Smash Lord
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332
Not until you do side-b to Falcon punch.
heh, i will do that for you. someday...

Nice.

NOTICE: The next SSBO ಠ_ಠ 2 will be held in the Wiley West Activies Room (same room as singles this past time). Call me if you get lost.
So.. is next tourney also be in Wiley?

----------------------------

Guys, ANNOUCEMENT.

Jiggs counter sheik.

no arguements about this with me. I am right because i am korean.

'Fro

Smash Lord
Well, Goose had to start the shout-outs, so I can only respond in kind:

Goose: 2-0. I love you. 0-2 and 1-3. I hate you even more. And the tzatziki sauce is good! In all honesty, I still have breathing trouble after remembering our matches this time around. TOO ****ING EPIC! I was glad to be a part of it!

Mr.H: I'll be wating for us to kick ***. It's a shame we still couldn't both make it.....

George: GEORGE! Enough Samus johns? She's MID-TIER! But I'll admit her edge gaurds are awesome. And frickin' open your eyes when you talk, dammit! I'll pro combo you with Mario (up-throw to up-b) if you don't! *does the laugh*

Draco: Glad you made it, sir! Hopefully if you're hosting another get-together we can play some more! And get in some SCII while we're at it!

KSO: I'm sad we didn't have a match this time! Come to think of it, this is the very first singles tourney where our paths didn't cross...:(

Voorheese: Thanks for taking me to Mute City twice in one day. I LOVE THAT PLACE! Charge shots off the road FTW! Keep bringing more Monticello people, and actually have them play our guys some more!

Bunbun: Melty is one freaky-*** game. I enjoyed it,though! Shiki (whichever one had the glasses) FTW!

Andrew (The other one): Good stuff actually showing up, sir! Hope this gave you a good experience! I'll play you in Tekken soon enough! Just hit me up!

Brian: Good **** in teams, man! Love that Sheik! The only Sheik I've ever had positive feelings toward!

Cunning Kitsune: We're shine-to-kneeing PUGG next time they try to football john us. Good luck on your exams, and I appreciate the positive input during the tourney!

_kSo_

Smash Master
my backspace is officially like, dead. I have to highlight everything and delete it if i make a mistake. Requires a bit more tech skill but I think i can handle it. After all, I am a fox player.

Goose: good shit in teams
george: no auto combo johns

that is all.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
My controller broke and I can't wavedash with it anymore.

What a ****ing terrible game. That's like, 4 controllers now.

BunBun

Smash Master
Use R, not L.

Alright, I'll do this now:

'Fro: I'll bring it again next time so you can get some practice. Andrew got a good bit with V Akiha. I never got to play you in the tourney, but good **** in that crew battle (I mean, the one you weren't Sheik =P )
Father Goose: Don't even give me johns about my driving. It was better than yours. Period. Adjust the steering wheel with the bar on the left side of the steering column. Smash-wise, sorry I've improved? I'm going to continue playing with Tony though (and Carl and Jay) so I can beat Maus when he gets here.
George: George! ****ing 4-5 in teams XD I can't wait for a singles rematch in 2 weeks. (Also, George!)
Jay and Carl: Wtf, show the hell up.
Alan: =P ಠ_ಠ =P
Voorheese###: Didn't play ya, but good job bringing so many people.
Kids Voorheese brought (mainly the Ness guy): Keep up practicing. We had some fun friendlies.
Burrito: lol Sheik dittos are the most boring thing to play, eh?
Andrew: Wow, two Andrews from Tennessee...wtf? Anyway, fun times. lol @ peach dsmash. Hope the heart attack burger didn't kill ya.
Draco: You beasted me. You were the only person I lost to in pools, and it was 2-0 T-T
Craig: Craig?
Anthony: Thanks for the practice. Also, never use DK.

If I missed anyone, sorry.

'Fro

Smash Lord
Use R, not L.

Alright, I'll do this now:

'Fro: I'll bring it again next time so you can get some practice. Andrew got a good bit with V Akiha. I never got to play you in the tourney, but good **** in that crew battle (I mean, the one you weren't Sheik =P )

While I dídn't manage to anchor the second one all the way, my Sheik did still pick off six stocks. Too bad Brian had to bust out his Sheik on me, getting three of my stocks and leaving George! with one kill to get.

I seriously don't know what it is with me and these crew battles...They always get me ridiculously pumped!

name

Smash Cadet
Lawl, I had a lot of fun this weekend. haha, I would do shoutouts, but I'm way too ****in lazy for that ****, so **** it.

Anyway, sorry for sucking so hard in crew battles, LAWL I was awful. I need more practice or more Peach Downsmash to turnip combo.

Next time we need to play Tekken. I don't care if I have to bring my ****in PS3!!!!

I really need to practice this game cuz I don't have a cube, so if anyone out there is gonna practice (whatever the hell bunbun was learning, someone teach me that) give me a heads up, phone number's on facebook etc etc.

Also, I refuse to acknowledge this term, Johns. That it is all.

P.S. LASERBEAMS OUTTA MY FEET = AWSUM!!! GO GO TITANS!!!

_kSo_

Smash Master
Lawl, I had a lot of fun this weekend. haha, I would do shoutouts, but I'm way too ****in lazy for that ****, so **** it.

Anyway, sorry for sucking so hard in crew battles, LAWL I was awful. I need more practice or more Peach Downsmash to turnip combo.

Next time we need to play Tekken. I don't care if I have to bring my ****in PS3!!!!

I really need to practice this game cuz I don't have a cube, so if anyone out there is gonna practice (whatever the hell bunbun was learning, someone teach me that) give me a heads up, phone number's on facebook etc etc.

Also, I refuse to acknowledge this term, Johns. That it is all.

P.S. LASERBEAMS OUTTA MY FEET = AWSUM!!! GO GO TITANS!!!
dude someone left their tekken arcade stick at my place, is it yours, 'fros or bunbun's?

one of you get back to me, so I can hold on to it until the next ssbo/give it to them

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
SSBO XX: Maus Edition - October 11, Wiley Hall West Activities Room @ 2 PM

Just letting everybody know that SSBO XX: Maus Edition has been scheduled for October 11 at 2 PM in Wiley Hall's West Activities Room, the same venue as for SSBO XIX singles ( >_> <_< ).

As I am sure you are all aware (and I am happy to say this), SSBO has been seeing consistently higher attendance lately thanks both to renewed vigor from our regulars as well as a good deal of interest from new players; it is this last piece of information that is especially exciting to me as new interest is critical for growth. It remains our goal to increase the size (and prize money) of the SSBOs to the point where we will be recognized by interest outside of the general area as a destination for Melee in the Midwest. With all that said, I expect to make the Wiley Hall venue our new location unless something arises that forces us to relocate back to the old Tarkington venue. I would like to hear people's input on this decision as well.

Well, that's that. To reiterate, SSBO XX: Maus Edition has been scheduled for October 11 at 2 PM in Wiley Hall's West Activities Room. Mark your calendars and practice up!

Also note the tourney's name. :)

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Ya, Anub, it was fun playing against you. I'll be looking forward to it again in two weeks. Be sure to bring anyone you know who may also be interested.

Anthony, the Wiley Activities Room was perfect. Also, obviously with the bigger attendance that we've had recently and will hopefully continue to have, the modest Tarkington Lounge simply won't cut it anymore. We have moved on to greener pastures, gentlemen.

BIG C

Smash Master
dude someone left their tekken arcade stick at my place, is it yours, 'fros or bunbun's?

one of you get back to me, so I can hold on to it until the next ssbo/give it to them
I wouldnt have said a word and sold that **** on ebay. but im an *** and dont give a ****. lesson dont leave **** at BigC's you won't get it back.

mecatomato

Smash Lord
just Letting Everybody Know That ssbo Xx: Maus Edition Has Been Scheduled For October 11 At 2 Pm In Wiley Hall's West Activities Room, The Same Venue As For Ssbo Xix Singles ( >_> <_< ).

Well, That's That. To Reiterate, ssbo Xx: Maus Edition Has Been Scheduled For October 11 At 2 Pm In Wiley Hall's West Activities Room. Mark Your Calendars And Practice Up!

Also Note The Tourney's Name. :)
Yayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayaayayayayayayaya

=D

'Fro

Smash Lord
Maus edition.... As long as all johns are power-sheilded and pro comboed, I should be able to finally meet the legend himself! I don't know if I'm in any hurry to play against a Sheik, though....****ing needle-slinging, leg-swinging, f-airing *****! (/Sheik johns)

But seriously, already looking forward to that! PLEASE GOD DON'T LET ANYTHING JOHN ME OUT!

name

Smash Cadet
Haha, the reason I left it there is cuz I fell asleep for like, a second and then all of the sudden Bunbun was gone. I was supposed to be home that night, so I kinda freaked out and wandered back to campus/my car. Sorry about that.

In other news, I'd like to offer a deal. I'll exchange teaching anyone any character(s) in Tekken for help with Smash. (Or for help with 3S or Melty, lawl.)

EDIT: And by teach I don't mean just kick your ***, I'll actually teach you how to be good at the game.

'Fro

Smash Lord
In other news, I'd like to offer a deal. I'll exchange teaching anyone any character(s) in Tekken for help with Smash. (Or for help with 3S or Melty, lawl.)
I'll take you up on that! I can help you with 3S. I don't necessarily want help with my main (Lei) but I just want help understanding Tekken's system and strategies. The biggest thing, apart from the juggles, is trying to understand when I should be attacking and how to move around. Those things were key to my 3S game as well as Smash, and seeing as Tekken is a one-mistake-to huge-punish kind of game, I would assume it's even more important there.

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
ok shoutoutz...

father goosefactory-good **** in teams AND singles, wow your power level must be over 9000...good job trying a spicy wing at bdubz. ps stop smoking my chars with ur slippery marth ;)

BunBun-u always get so excited to play, wtf?!...george!...haha its funny if i say it...anywho ur sheik is solid, needs more heart attack burger tho

Draco- we shoulda teamed, LOL...i didnt get to play you at all, but good job chugging that jack and coke...****

kSo- epic smashfest at your place saturday night, even by our standards...so many pro combos. good job in teams ****ing autocombo bull**** QQ...next time we need more pc chris, reb, hot pocket, and cake...let the peer pressuring begin

andrew2-thanks for teaming, we almost got money! but yeah good ****, work on that peach,any of us would be happy to play you...see you in two weeks. good job surviving half a heart attack burger

FRO- fro fro fro fro fro you little samus fro you...good job in singles and teamsies, nice to actually see you at an SSBO...i never know what character to play against you JOHNZ

AC CHURRO- HOLY **** PRO COMBOS SAT NIGHT SON! god **** epic matches, we are best c falc team ever, and lots of other characters...good **** in teams with the fro

craig-wtf why didnt you come, we couldve ***** in teams...team with me next time(fox peach owns samus peach)

Anthony-good job being TO and whatnot...side b to up b to moonwalk to l cancel to edguard to shield is good

carl- u weren't there :( THATS SOME TECH SKILL *****...*******

anub-thanks for coming, good matches.

voorheese- good matches...lol@ random peach counterpick?!?!? thanks for coming, keep on bringing your crew up

good turnout, lets get an ever bigger one next time, good to see everyone there

bigc get your fro c johnz down here, ****ing pro combozzzzzzzz

ANYONE WANNA TEAM!!!!!!!!!???????????????? :D

EDIT: wtf my post is full of *****, stupid noobass barwl website wtf

name

Smash Cadet
You don't want any help with Lei? Too bad, I'm already reading up on him. I'll definitely help you with movement and stuff as well, but if you wanna learn movement in Tekken, Lei is an exception. I read up on Haha/Fox step and that stuff is AMAZING. I'll show you next time I get a chance. I'll bring my PS3 since T5 is back in Ten. However, when it comes to juggles and combos and stuff, I don't know that I'll be able to help out, he's a pretty complicated character. He's all about being tricky with stances and isn't really a heavy juggle character. He's more of a poke-character like King. Cept king is a lot easier.

George: Haha, yeah, nice work! We were team George for a reason! Nice job teaching me how to play Peach, lawl.

George to me: Okay, who do you play as?

Me: I suck pretty evenly with everyone.

George: Well, how about Peach?

Me: I don't know anything about her.

George: Okay, Down smash and Down B.

Me: Got it!

We got third!! Lawl.

Seriously, that was like my... sixth time ever playin smash, first time ever ever even picking Peach.

mecatomato

Smash Lord
Maus edition.... As long as all johns are power-sheilded and pro comboed, I should be able to finally meet the legend himself! I don't know if I'm in any hurry to play against a Sheik, though....****ing needle-slinging, leg-swinging, f-airing *****! (/Sheik johns)

But seriously, already looking forward to that! PLEASE GOD DON'T LET ANYTHING JOHN ME OUT!
was/am i.. legend?? O.o

japn

Smash Cadet
hey guys srry i couldnt go last week, i had some money issues. but its all fine so im sure i might be able to go to the next one. oh and good news.....im prolly going to be getting my own melee and gamecube t practice. so if i do get one ill be improving so much so what out =).

mecatomato

Smash Lord
You don't want any help with Lei? Too bad, I'm already reading up on him. I'll definitely help you with movement and stuff as well, but if you wanna learn movement in Tekken, Lei is an exception. I read up on Haha/Fox step and that stuff is AMAZING. I'll show you next time I get a chance. I'll bring my PS3 since T5 is back in Ten. However, when it comes to juggles and combos and stuff, I don't know that I'll be able to help out, he's a pretty complicated character. He's all about being tricky with stances and isn't really a heavy juggle character. He's more of a poke-character like King. Cept king is a lot easier.

George: Haha, yeah, nice work! We were team George for a reason! Nice job teaching me how to play Peach, lawl.

George to me: Okay, who do you play as?

Me: I suck pretty evenly with everyone.

George: Well, how about Peach?

Me: I don't know anything about her.

George: Okay, Down smash and Down B.

Me: Got it!

We got third!! Lawl.

Seriously, that was like my... sixth time ever playin smash, first time ever ever even picking Peach.
not to degrade you or anything..

but peach and C-sticking works. lol

especially in teams. hehe.

-------------------------------------

I think, the coming tourney will have incredible number of entrance. =)

yay for my edition. yayayaya

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Here's the footage of the final battle from the jam me and Jay went to:
So Carl and Jay, how exactly did the tournament (?) work? Were there team performances AND single performances? If there were team performances, did you and Jay team up? So were there judges who graded the performances? Also, by the comments on the videos, it seemed that everyone had stage names. If so, what are your guys'? OMG, there are a buttload of questions. Sorry, I'm just kinda curious is all.

----------------------------------------------

I can do what I want, George. But next time I'm not wastin' my time with that puny-*** Squirtle. I'm going straight for Blastoise.

BunBun

Smash Master
not to degrade you or anything..

but peach and C-sticking works. lol

especially in teams. hehe.

-------------------------------------

I think, the coming tourney will have incredible number of entrance. =)

yay for my edition. yayayaya
He was saying that XD

Haha, the reason I left it there is cuz I fell asleep for like, a second and then all of the sudden Bunbun was gone. I was supposed to be home that night, so I kinda freaked out and wandered back to campus/my car. Sorry about that.

EDIT: And by teach I don't mean just kick your ***, I'll actually teach you how to be good at the game.
Lmao, you were sleeping so peacefully and didn't respond when we yelled at you. Anyway, I'll help ya with Melty, but I want King practice too =P

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
So Carl and Jay, how exactly did the tournament (?) work? Were there team performances AND single performances?
The correct terms would be "Crew Battles" and "1v1 Battles". There were a few 1v1 Battles for different styles (footwork, power, uprock, etc.), but the main competition, which is for almost any Bboy jam, is the Crew Battles.
Dance battles and dance performances are very different. It's like comparing a 1v1 SmashBros crew battle to a "best combo video competition".
If there were team performances, did you and Jay team up? So were there judges who graded the performances?
Because we got there on the 2nd day, we didn't get the chance to compete in the Crew Battles.
Also, by the comments on the videos, it seemed that everyone had stage names. If so, what are your guys'?
I'm Bboy Shaman, Jay is Bboy Zifer (at least as of now, he used to be Bboy BLT lolz)

_kSo_

Smash Master
The correct terms would be "Crew Battles" and "1v1 Battles". There were a few 1v1 Battles for different styles (footwork, power, uprock, etc.), but the main competition, which is for almost any Bboy jam, is the Crew Battles.
Dance battles and dance performances are very different. It's like comparing a 1v1 SmashBros crew battle to a "best combo video competition".

Because we got there on the 2nd day, we didn't get the chance to compete in the Crew Battles.

I'm Bboy Shaman, Jay is Bboy Zifer (at least as of now, he used to be Bboy BLT lolz)
u guys did awesome. which ones were you? i kinda recognized carl's style but not jay's

i haven't seen jay bboy enough lolz

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
I was the first guy on the right side to go out, the thin asian dude doing the insane power moves.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Alan, picture what you said to be along the lines of this:

NJ said:
Hey guys, here's the finals battle of the smash tourney I just went to:

"Link to Mew2King vs Dashizwiz"
KSO said:
u guys did awesome. which ones were you? i kinda recognized carl's Falco, was Jay the Marth?
Those bboys dancing were pro level, bboying long before we started. The crew ont he left actually had arguably the 2nd ranked bboy in the world. We're not even half as good, it's pretty insulting to them to think we were even in the battle lolz.

It's kinda like when a friend of Layupfreak posted a video of "him vs his brother" when it was really just a copy of Jiano vs CunningKitsune.

Also, I did state that me and jay didn't participate in crew battles :p

goosefactor

Smash Lord
ANYONE WANNA TEAM!!!!!!!!!???????????????? :D
I'm sure Bryan would want to. I normally wouldn't speak for him, but he rarely checks this thread, so he most likely is oblivous to your tempting offer. So you should ask him. His cell # is 308-0304.

Heh, also, for the record, I didn't smoke anything the other day (unless smoking George in Melee all weekend counts :p). Don't get me wrong, George, the post was funny, but I just wanted to clarify that to everyone. ;)

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
[...]I didn't smoke anything the other day (unless smoking George in Melee all weekend counts :p).
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SNAP

Anyway, I'm still kinda annoyed about the whole exams keeping me from doing anything on Sunday deal. Next time, though, the only thing I'll really have going on is a COM speech, which isn't due until the 16th of October, so I'll be far more available. Plus, Maus is coming, and that supersedes all other obligations. heh

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Anyway, I'm still kinda annoyed about the whole exams keeping me from doing anything on Sunday deal. Next time, though, the only thing I'll really have going on is a COM speech, which isn't due until the 16th of October, so I'll be far more available. Plus, Maus is coming, and that supersedes all other obligations. heh
Ya, it did suck that you weren't able to hang out at all last Sunday. But it looks like next the following weekend will be different. :) Which means, of course, that we are going bowling that Sunday. If I can experience Maus bowling I would die a happy man. Also, you guys gotta let me know if my coming down that Friday night would fit into your schedules.

BunBun

Smash Master
Goose: I can definitely fit a third in my room if you need to crash Friday night. Maus is coming in around midnight.

Also, bowling = hell yes.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Goose: I can definitely fit a third in my room if you need to crash Friday night. Maus is coming in around midnight.

Also, bowling = hell yes.
Thanks Andrew. I appreciate that. The plan was for me to crash at Bryan's, but I'll find out for sure as the following weekend grows closer.

So I take it you're up for hanging out on Sunday? Sweet.

Top Bottom