• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

Mr H

Smash Ace
Matt i think u misunderstood me...
i wasnt asking u too come down to lafayette
i was telling u
this isnt up for discussion

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Matt i think u misunderstood me...
i wasnt asking u too come down to lafayette
i was telling u
this isnt up for discussion
Yea you should come down noobtractor.

EDIT: Oh yea its my birthday, you don't got a choice.
Oh ****, I guess I don't have a choice then o_0

I'll be there Friday 'round 12:00.

I want that Lord of Catan shirt, but in order to win I need to understand how Scott and Jacob play that game, and, well, that just isn't ever gonna happen.

voorhese

Smash Master
Don't think for a second I don't want to go noob. That's just another tourney I have a chance of meeting you in bracket in...and I have had this sig for ****ing years!

I work on friday/saturday both =(

WarHippy

Smash Journeyman
I want that Lord of Catan shirt, but in order to win I need to understand how Scott and Jacob play that game, and, well, that just isn't ever gonna happen.
It's really pretty easy. I secretly put cards back into the bank when you guys aren't looking so that you don't realize how good my strategy is when I lose.
Wow, big tournament a couple hours away and you guys want to scrub out. I remember when the smash community actually played melee.
What the heck is an melee?

Mr H

Smash Ace
Wow, big tournament a couple hours away and you guys want to scrub out. I remember when the smash community actually played melee.
just come down with matt Friday night and hang with us. You could even reclaim ur lord of catan title if you come down

WarHippy

Smash Journeyman
SSBO: MLS XII Results April 6, 2013

Melee Singles (48 entrants)
1: WarHippy ($144.00)
2: Compton Falcor ($72.00)
3: Sveet ($24.00)
4: Lanceinthepants
5: Trevor
6: Cameron
7: ATP
8: Nick Jones
9: Voorhese
10: Trail
11: Goosefactor
12: The OJ
13: Little England
13: Maus
13: Kells
16: ZephyrMace
16: Jayford
16: Ripple
16: Gracen
20: MrH
20: InsaneCarzyGuy
20: 7ent
20: Ballin'
20: Iggy
20: kirkq
26: Bees
26: Brian
26: Rintintin
26: BunBun
26: GoodGuyHarry
26: Tax
26: AC Burrito
26: Matt
34: Atomi
34: timerbomb
34: Fro
34: Lavos
34: CNN
34: JackMaster
34: Pseudo Turtle
34: KSO
34: Noremac
34: Faithkeeper
44: Dakota
44: Weylin
44: Ten
44: NJzFinest
44: Ben

Project: M Singles (48 entrants)
1: Lavos ($144.00)
2: Kells ($72.00)
3: LanceinthePants ($24.00)
4: Brian
5: AC Burrito
6: Ballin'
7: KSO
8: Iggy
9: Weylin
10: JackMaster
11: Rintintin
12: Jayford
13: WarHippy
13: NJzFinest
13: Pseudo Turtle
16: Trail
16: Little England
16: timerbomb
16: Matt
20: Bees
20: Noremac
20: Compton Falcor
20: Dakota
20: Nick Jones
20: Tax
26: 7ent
26: ATP
26: Maus
26: Ben
26: Goosefactor
26: BunBun
26: Ripple
26: Faithkeeper
34: Gracen
34: Cameron
34: Fro
34: ZephyrMace
34: Voorhese
34: Atomi
34: CNN
34: Ten
34: MrH
44: InsaneCarzyGuy
44: Trevor
44: GoodGuyHarry
44: kirkq
44: The OJ
44: Sveet

SSBM Teams Results (24 teams)
1: GoodGuyHarry + WarHippy ($144.00)
2: Matt + Atomi ($72.00)
3: Noremac + Ballin' ($24.00)
4: Dakota + Little England
5: Voorhese + Cameron
6: BunBun + Lavos
7: Bees + Ten
8: Trevor + Tax
9: Ripple + Weylin
9: Kells + Brian
9: 7ent + kirkq
12: JackMaster + Trail
12: 'Fro + ATP
12: LanceinthePants + Nick Jones
12: Compton Falcor + Faithkeeper
16: MrH + Rintintin
16: timerbomb + InsaneCarzyGuy
16: CNN + Iggy
16: KSO + Jayford
16: Pseudo Turtle + Sveet
16: The OJ + ZephyrMace
22: AC Burrito + Gracen
22: Ben + Maus
22: Goosefactor + NJzFinest

Awesome tournament this weekend guys!!! I can't wait to see what will happen on the 20th!!!!!

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Fun tourney this weekend, guys! It was a blast meeting up with the smashers of old. I just wish I was able to get in more friendlies. :(

SHOUTOUTS!

Scottson: Awesome job taking home the gold in Melee singles! You've really improved over the past few months, dude! In all honesty, I thought you were going to drop your set against Sveet in Loser's Finals. I thought his pinpoint accuracy, analytical decision-making, and highly aggressive playstyle were going to be enough to do you in, but your clutch PK Cross tech-chase on his last stock was enough to land you the win!

Truth be told, I'm a little salty with our 2nd round pools set. I personally thought Mewtwo's freeze glitch was banned, but alas.... It was SO unfair when you froze me onto you on my last stock and just waited for the timer to run out. >_>

Lance: Nice job in Melee AND PM singles! The capt is back! Going all Falcon in Melee seemed a little iffy to me, but it turned out you clearly knew what you were doin'! I can't believe you got a triple Randall stomp on me AGAIN! I sooo wish that was recorded! Speaking of which, why didn't we record any of the matches? For how much I love having my matches recorded, I really should've taken the initiative :/ I'm kinda bummed that we didn't get to play each other in PM, but that was my fault for not getting out of pools. Personally, I feel I had a death pool, but I'd rather not start any more drama with the seedings. I already went off on the TO's for that, so I'm sure they learned their lesson.

CRRRG: Be sure to let Purdue Smash know that you forfeited your bracket matches in PM due to time restraints (you SAID it was because you had to pick up your senior salad at Arnies, but I know it was just so you could squeeze some FFXI time in). I wouldn't want any of the OoT'ers to think that you're bad at this game because of your uncharacteristically low placing. Surely they'd see your and Jay's high teams placing at SMYM (?) and get confused, and I wouldn't want that. Good teamwork with Skylar. That Peach and Yoshi teamwork certainly took you guys places.

Lil' England: Dropping a set to Timerbomb's Falco, seriously? And if that weren't enough, Voorheese beat you in Falco dittos too. I think you need to take a step back, watch and study Timerbomb's combo videos, and then jump back into the game because obviously what you're doing isn't working. That being said, nice job beating me and Faithkeeper in our three-way tie for 4th seed in PM. Guess I gotta work on my aiming with Diddy's peanut gun :/

Goosefactor: Way to drop the ball in Melee singles. Losing to Scott's Ness was legit, but Voorheese's Fox? Come ON! You totally had that set in the palm of your hands. You were constantly up two stocks after landing some massively techy combos, but then you'd just kill yourself after trying to do fancy crap. Why couldn't you just keep it simple and play conservatively like the Voorheese? Why couldn't you just wait for him to make a mistake and try to capitalize on it? Oh well, may the lesser skilled player of you two win. >_>

Also, why did you decide to team up with black Carl for PM? That kid totally sucked it up, and as his race suggests, he stole all of your stocks during every match, and he STILL died before you. For future reference, whenever you're stuck teaming with him again, you should get him drunk beforehand. I heard he's much more focused and not as obnoxious that way. You find this hard to believe? Please recall the night at the frat when, after a few drinks, he drew on your leg with a pen when you were playing, and when he paused the game mid match to shoot a toy gun up his butt.

Voorheese: Sorry about my earlier rant. You deserved the win. I just get frustrated because I know I'm better than you at the game. I have more tech skill and I know much more about the game than you, so it's just aggravating when I lose to you. Oh well :/ Anyway, those back to back thunder's combos you did on me were sick! I didn't even think it was possible to do a platform (excuse me, PANEL) canceled reverse thunder's combo, but you certainly did! I was kinda surprised your Lucas got fobbed in PM against Bunbun's Kirby though, but what are you gonna do? I think you just have to out-space him with Lucas' Fruit by the Foot.

Fro: It was pretty cool that you and Maus decided to carpool to the tourney! I know you're a little rusty but I'm surprised you struggled as much as you did in Melee singles. It's not like Samus struggles against the top tiers. She's basically golden in any top tier matchup. I'd say it's at least like 85:15 in Samus' favor against spacies and like 90:10 against Jiggs and Sheik, so what was the issue?

Kirkqoobs: Why do you suck at this game? First you let Mars JV 5 stock you, and THEN your Sheik loses to Bunbun's Yoshi on Pokemon Stadium! Why did you turn to Zelda mid match by the way? Anyway, I enjoyed our 2nd round pools set. I'm just a little peeved because I knew I shouldnt've let you counterpick to Pokefloats. And I should've known you were going to counterpick my G&W with G&W. I need to work on my box, turtle, and sausage if I ever want to stand a chance in that matchup. Live and learn, I say.

For anyone I played and forgot, I'm sorry! There were just too many people there this past weekend!

Anyway, I've spent much more time on this than I was anticipating, and my poo ended like 10 minutes ago, so I'm gonna jet.

WarHippy

Smash Journeyman
So this Super Smash Battle Opera, "The Final", will there be two tournaments going on at the same time (a standard ssbo and the circuit pot tourny)? Aditionally, is the tourny for the circuit pot of $301 going to be a winner-take-all scenario or will it follow the 60/30/10 split like normal?

(Also lawl at a 4-person ssbo with a three hundred dollar prize pot)

Also, there's a high probability I won't be there on the 20th unless 3rd place can get like 98-99% of the pot (get called out Jay).

Tinkster

Smash Apprentice
i should be here with realllll chicago players 0_0...u will all lose....crew battle?

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
A couple things, just so that we're all on the same page here...

1) Entry is free; therefore, money johns are not permitted.
2) Purdue is on Eastern time, and we will begin at noon. Please plan your time accordingly.

Rat

Smash Lord
w8 a second. I re-read all the rules and am very confused.

If I have no points, Does this mean that I have a 0% of entering a tournament tomorrow?

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
Nah, Nick, the points are no longer required for entry to The Final; everybody can enter regardless of their presence or absence on the rankings list. I reworked that rule some time ago when I was still planning on having a completely separate championship bracket. Really, you can largely ignore the rules that are in the first post as I have a number of things planned that vary from those rules depending upon just how many people show up. The main role of those points (assuming that my original plan remains feasible tomorrow) is to seed the top 2-4 players on the ranking list in attendance immediately into the bracket stage as 1-seeds. Currently, assuming an adequate amount of entrants, I plan to do something similar to FC with an initial round of Bo3 pools with the aforementioned players already seeded into the bracket; a Bo5 (no bans) bracket stage composed of the pre-seeded players as 1-seeds and the players who advanced from the first round of pools; and then a final Bo7 (no bans) 4-man round robin composed of the top 4 finishers in the bracket, all of whom will be guaranteed a cash pay-out upon advancing to the final pool.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
me and Joe are on our way. probably be around 45min. late

Top Bottom