• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

goosefactor

Smash Lord
I had fun this weekend, guys. Atomi and Ballin', it was nice meeting you two, even if it was only at TGIF's.

Voorheese, Lance told me about your new job. You MUST bring me some of dem pretzels next time. Bread is like my lifeblood. I'll play you in as many **** Fox/Marth matches as you want if you hook me up with some.

the week before I literally played dart in marth dittos for like 8 hours
All-day Marth dittos with Ripple and Dart? Where do I sign up?!

Rip my skin off girl!...... butthead.
Haha, I've been saying this in my head all week, lol (well, at least the non butchered version).

Another quote I randomly remembered the other day that I've been saying is: "He wobbled me for two stock...dats half my stock!" It's been getting funnier with each repeat.

This weekend was fun. Sorry I didn't get to play more games, school johns.
Yeah :/ It was still fun though. Homework can suck my ****.

Craig, Ben, and Corey might wanna take a look at this for some tips

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnx-MedJVgY
LOL, ownd. But be careful, Lance. When we win I don't want them to think we were on Youtube looking up how to beat the game (but then again, for how flawlessly we've progressed thus far, it's hard to blame people for assuming as much).

But yeah, doing that playthrough was a lot of fun to me. I really wanna continue where we left off.

Also, we need to form a committee that elects other possible games for us to play. Just sayin'.

I assumed last weekend was going to be the last free week until the end of the year. If people are going to be free in three weeks, I'll see about coming down. But if people are going to be busy studying during dead week like I'm thinking, then I won't. I'll ask about peoples' availability when it gets closer to that time.

Also, I approve of Arnie's pepperoni pizza.

Also, also, Steinfield.

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
I also vote for Cards against humanity

But for a video game challenge, we should pick a really hard top down spaceship shooter game. Those are always fun

WarHippy

Smash Journeyman
I recommend Jamestown. i got it in one of the Humble Bundles last year, and it's pretty fun to play co-op.
Lol, that could actually work. Up to 4 people can play it at a time (Hint: I have it as well :bee:)

Oh! Ikaruga, I absolutely loved that one. It's for gamecube and I have 2 copies of it somehow, neither of which are mine.

I don't really know of any other multiplayer sh'mups unless you count aggressive spectating as participation in which case Touhou ftw

Oh and one more thing, this weekend is probably as good as it's going to get for me Matt. I only work Saturday from Midnight - 6am.

Freakin' instant messaging all up in here. 5 lines

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
I recommend Jamestown. i got it in one of the Humble Bundles last year, and it's pretty fun to play co-op.
Just googled it, looks pretty sick.

Scott, we did like a teams thing on Saturday. Teams of 3 playing Super Ghouls and Ghosts taking turns between each life, so it wouldn't have to be co-op. But co-op sounds good, because I know Jason loves to team with me :D

Gracen

Smash Cadet
Jamestown owns. It's one of my favorite games. It's not that hard tho :p. Also, I am making Apex plans this weekend. GET HYPE
I would really like to be included in any plans/brainstorms for Apex. I would like to go, But work might be a problem. If you guys could just keep me posted, that's be awfully nice of you.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Dominion, Agricola, Cards Against Humanity
I'm always down for Dominion. I don't play that enough. Cards Against Humanity sounds...interesting. For the brief time I spent looking into Agricola, it seems to have some potential. I wouldn't mind giving these games a whirl.

But for a video game challenge, we should pick a really hard top down spaceship shooter game. Those are always fun
Yeah, I agree. In fact, although it's not a top down game, U.N. Squadron is an SNES game that I think would be fun to race. You're given choices on how to spend the money you earn during the levels you beat so it adds options (and just makes it more fun to play). Do you spend them on power-ups? Do you save it for a new aircraft? The choice is yyyooouuurrrrssss :cool:

I vote that Matt attempts Ninja Gaiden again.
Haha, Ninja Gaiden would actually be a fun game too. It certainly fits the bill of being hard, having unlimited continues, and ultimately just being fun to play. But dat last level, mang... dat last level....:c I may need to whip out my DDR pad to beat it.

Oh! Ikaruga, I absolutely loved that one. It's for gamecube and I have 2 copies of it somehow, neither of which are mine.
Looks fun!

And LOOL at having two copies that aren't even yours. Such a Scottson.

Oh and one more thing, this weekend is probably as good as it's going to get for me Matt. I only work Saturday from Midnight - 6am.
Well, if I do come, you'll have two weeks to do some finagling with your work schedule.

Freakin' instant messaging all up in here. 5 lines
LOL

But co-op sounds good, because I know Jason loves to team with me :D
I think you ruined Ultimate Stratego for him. I was half convinced that Jason was either going to cry or punch you in the face that night. Either would've been acceptable given the circumstances, heh.

Play League of Legends
Carl, you're black.

So I was thinking of more games to play.

Super Mario World- True, everyone's played it and are no doubt at least fairly familiar with it, but I still think it'll be a fun game to compete with because the game is naturally designed to where you can just like hot rod through it. Plus, there are choices the teams can make. Which paths do they take? Do you take the time going out of your way to activate the "!'s" to make future levels slightly easier? Do you constantly run through the level and play risky in order to catch up with the other team, or do you play it safe? And of course, no warping allowed, you cheap ***holes.

The hard remake of the game seems like fun too. Plus, I don't think anyone is really familiar with it so that's always a plus.

Actraiser II- A fun platformer with a nice level of difficulty and limitless continues. Great music and just an overall fun game to play.

U.N. Squadron- See above comments I made about the game, nub.

Megaman series- Basically any Megaman that people aren't familiar with. Anything past 3 and I'm good. I remember some random bosses in the later ones, but nothing to give any unfair advantage. And again, these games are good cuz they are hard and have unlimited continues.

Ninja Gaiden I and II- If I recall correctly from the AVGN, Ninja Gaiden III has limited continues, so screw that one. These are hard and fast-paced, which will mean frequent controller swaps. They also have great music.

Sorry, gotta leave this here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2IIKv9e6q4

Castlevania series- Castlevania IV would be great. I'd prolly have to sit this one out though cuz although I'm sure I still suck at the game since the last time I played was when I was a little nublet, I'm still pretty familiar with the game :/ Other than Frosof, I don't think anyone has played Rondo of Blood, so that's an option too. Plus, I remember hearing this song when Fro was playing and it was super catchy to me, lol: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZKsdWfUu_Y

The Donkey Kong games would've been great if we all hadn't already molested them over the years :/ Anyway, I'm sure I can think of more, but these are great options in my opinion. If you guys are interested in doing something like this again, be sure to look into them and let me know what you think.

Jayford

Smash Lord
Matt MM me in Megamans. I'll kill you.

EDIT: Actually play me in the Megaman challenge. You do a shot after each boss you beat. Last time I did it I made it to the stage before the last Wiley stage in MM2. I couldn't see what was going on and couldn't beat the boss :(.

ALSO: I have played all those games you listed. Even, Rondo of Blood. GET ON MY LEVEL MATTSON.

DracoFox

Smash Ace
Nah. I still wanna see 2 player, Contra going on. Though I'll have to sit out since I'm the Contra expert within the group. (._. ) Jamestown could of been better though. It's not bad, but it needs to be more intense.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Matt MM me in Megamans. I'll kill you.

EDIT: Actually play me in the Megaman challenge. You do a shot after each boss you beat. Last time I did it I made it to the stage before the last Wiley stage in MM2.
Oh man, this actually does sound like a lot of fun...I think.... It HAS been a while since my last drinking...um...episode. It would have to be one of the older Megamans though, since I at least kinda remember them. My best bet would be II. The whole drinking thing adds a new layer of strategy (well, actually, no). Like, normally I save Heatman's level for last because I want to postpone that little *****-*** toaster ****er's level for as long as possible because it's so **** hard. But if I'm gonna be ****-faced at that point then I REALLY wouldn't stand a chance. I'd have to knock that level out first. Oh, and Quickman's level will have to go quickly too. Although I consider myself a heavyweight in the whole drinking department, those one-hit KO fire beams on his level will **** on my memory and reaction time if it's one of the later levels I tackle. But I dunno about a shot PER boss. I mean, I'm not even sure I can beat that green dragon in Wiley's fortress while sober...not to mention I think I'd die before I even get that far with that many shots in me. :embarrass: We may need to do some tweaking, but I like where this is going, heh.

But if I do decide to make the terrible decision to play this drunk with you, I gotta make sure I'm not mean to poor lil' Crgggy again. ;)

I couldn't see what was going on and couldn't beat the boss :(.
LOOOL, GD it, Jay.

ALSO: I have played all those games you listed. Even, Rondo of Blood. GET ON MY LEVEL MATTSON.
Oooooh! You've played U.N. Squadron and Actraiser II!? Have you played the first Actraiser? My bro and I used to rent that game when we were little. He'd always have to do the civilization building segments though cuz I was never able to comprehend what the F was going on. :c

Top Bottom