• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Super Shine Bros. 1.1

UnclePunch

Smash Ace
This is a mod that (optionally) gives every character a shine. You can choose from either Fox's shine, Falco's shine, or the character's default down B by using the D-Pad on the CSS. All shine tech has been faithfully recreated, including JC on frame 4, turnaround, mulitshining, invisible shine, hold shine, shine grab, etc etc.

This mod is available in 4 forms. A .gci file for GameCubes and Wii's alike, a .dol file for running on Wii homebrew or Dolphin, an MCM library file for inclusion in an existing modpack/iso, or a gecko code that will ONLY work with the Faster Melee Dolphin Build. DO NOT try to use this gecko code with anything else, as nothing besides FM has the gecko capacity for this code.

Downloads (1.1) (Fixes Peach and Puff Bug)

DOL Download

GCI Download

MCM Library File Download

Gecko Code (FM ONLY) (Use this for netplay)

Last edited:

Punkline

Dr. Frankenstack
Premium
Hah, you've finally done it!

This is very impressive. The feature to switch between fox and falco shine is especially cool, and looks very nice with your text mod. I know a lot of work and research went into this, so good job dude!

Royal Cool

Smash Rookie
I could use a little help. I have a vanilla melee iso and a 20xx iso that I play through nintendont on the wii. Which download would I use, and how would I go about setting it up?

Sadgasm69

Smash Rookie
I've tried DOL and some dumb GCI stuff to get it to work on Dolphin but nothings working, can you help me out, I want to play the **** out of your mod. You're using the NTSC version right?

UnclePunch

Smash Ace
I could use a little help. I have a vanilla melee iso and a 20xx iso that I play through nintendont on the wii. Which download would I use, and how would I go about setting it up?
How would I add the MCM filw to a 20XX iso on Nintendont(Wii)
I haven't had a chance to test this with 20XX so I can't confidently answer this.

How would you go about using this for Dolphin?
I've tried DOL and some dumb GCI stuff to get it to work on Dolphin but nothings working, can you help me out, I want to play the **** out of your mod. You're using the NTSC version right?
You can replace the Start.dol file in a vanilla melee iso and load that with dolphin, or load the given gci onto dolphins .raw file and use the name entry exploit on a vanilla iso. Sadgasm69 Sadgasm69 Yeah its based on NTSC 1.02, make sure you enter the name entry screen in the VS menu to activate the codes if youre using the .gci method.

Vorisifous

Smash Rookie
It seems like using the mcm patch will cause a 20XX 4.07++ Iso to hang while loading. (Using Nintendont on a Wii). Removing the patch fixes it.

Last edited:

Jesus!

Smash Cadet
hey man, do you think you can make it so in the netplay gecko code its up and down to pick shines?
as it is right now d pad left and right are the same buttons to toggle backdash and shield drops from ucf

having tons of fun with this though fox shine is broken on icies

https://gfycat.com/VibrantAncientCuckoo

Last edited by a moderator:

robyextreme

Smash Ace
What do you do with the double row of code for FM? I can't figure out how to add a gecko code to FM 5.87
Just right click the smash ISO go to properties>gecko codes>show defaults and add it at the bottom.

https://bpaste.net/show/add8aa79dfdd

Make sure to save it and select it
https://image.ibb.co/c8AXPR/2018_01_30_094714_1280x1024_scrot.png

By the way UnclePunch, in FM the UCF keys are all dpad left and dpad right, which is the same hotkeys as in your mod. Could you tell us what the gecko codes are to toggle shine with dpad up/down?

Last edited:

UnclePunch

Smash Ace
Awesome!!!
Thanks Itaru! To be honest ever since I saw your mod where you gave ganon a shine-like down B it made me want to go the whole 9 yards. Took a while to learn enough to make it but it's finally done :grin:

cdMyth

Controller Doctor
Writing Team
Hey man, thanks for making this.

I swapped out the .dol with my Melee vanilla iso and it works! I am using Nintendont on Wii, and I just had a few questions:
  1. There is no option to turn random stages off or on in the menu, do you think you will add that in the future?
  2. There is no option to toggle Shine of the CPU, which I'm guessing was not intended anyway
For troubleshooting, I noticed that my game would freeze upon entering name entry, either in the CSS or on the menu. I have 20xx TE with UCF on my memory card, and I assumed that was the cause. After removing the memory card and starting it vanilla, there were no more freezing issues regarding name entry.

Letting you know in case you have more people asking you about this issue!

DxRed

Smash Rookie
Definitely want to see an option for this. Having so much trouble with UCF option is FM
hey man, do you think you can make it so in the netplay gecko code its up and down to pick shines?
as it is right now d pad left and right are the same buttons to toggle backdash and shield drops from ucf

TDRR

Smash Journeyman
As with many projects, no, but just patch your PAL iso to NTSC with this tool, which will solve all your region specific issues.

EDIT: Nevermind that doesn't have PAL to 1.02, but get a NTSC ISO and that's it.

Last edited:

KenyaBoy

Smash Rookie
This is a mod that (optionally) gives every character a shine. You can choose from either Fox's shine, Falco's shine, or the character's default down B by using the D-Pad on the CSS. All shine tech has been faithfully recreated, including JC on frame 4, turnaround, mulitshining, invisible shine, hold shine, shine grab, etc etc.

This mod is available in 4 forms. A .gci file for GameCubes and Wii's alike, a .dol file for running on Wii homebrew or Dolphin, an MCM library file for inclusion in an existing modpack/iso, or a gecko code that will ONLY work with the Faster Melee Dolphin Build. DO NOT try to use this gecko code with anything else, as nothing besides FM has the gecko capacity for this code.

DOL Download

GCI Download

HEY CAN YOU MAKE PUFF'S REST GO OVER HER USELESS UP+B INSTEAD OF JUST GETTING COMPLETELY DELETED BY THE SHINE?

THE SHINE IS AMAZING WITH PUFF BUT PLEASE DON'T REMOVE HER BEST MOVE!

OR CAN YOU TELL ME HOW I CAN CHANGE THE START.DOL SO IT REMAPS REST OVER UP+B INSTEAD?

I'LL DO IT AND RELEASE IT IF YOU DON'T FEEL LIKE IT UnclePunch UnclePunch THANKS

TDRR

Smash Journeyman
HEY CAN YOU MAKE PUFF'S REST GO OVER HER USELESS UP+B INSTEAD OF JUST GETTING COMPLETELY DELETED BY THE SHINE?

THE SHINE IS AMAZING WITH PUFF BUT PLEASE DON'T REMOVE HER BEST MOVE!

OR CAN YOU TELL ME HOW I CAN CHANGE THE START.DOL SO IT REMAPS REST OVER UP+B INSTEAD?

I'LL DO IT AND RELEASE IT IF YOU DON'T FEEL LIKE IT UnclePunch UnclePunch THANKS
COULD YOU PLEASE STOP SHOUTING? IT MAKES YOU SEEM EXTREMELY DESPERATE!

KenyaBoy

Smash Rookie
SORRY BUT I AM ACTUALLY QUITE DESPERATE

AND NOBODY IS SHOUTING, I'M TYPING EXTREMELY CALMLY AT MY KEYBOARD WITH A VERY STRAIGHT FACE

A VERY GOOD DAY TO YOU SIR, INDEED

Tvz 64

Smash Rookie
can you put a tutorial? i don't know how to install this :(

Last edited:

s0n4r

Smash Rookie

DOL Download

GCI Download

Hey man, thanks for making this.

I swapped out the .dol with my Melee vanilla iso and it works! I am using Nintendont on Wii, and I just had a few questions:
  1. There is no option to turn random stages off or on in the menu, do you think you will add that in the future?
  2. There is no option to toggle Shine of the CPU, which I'm guessing was not intended anyway
For troubleshooting, I noticed that my game would freeze upon entering name entry, either in the CSS or on the menu. I have 20xx TE with UCF on my memory card, and I assumed that was the cause. After removing the memory card and starting it vanilla, there were no more freezing issues regarding name entry.

Letting you know in case you have more people asking you about this issue!
You're saying that you swapped out the melee iso's .dol file with the shine .dol file, am I correct in assuming that ?

Top Bottom