• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Sawndz!

agoaj

Smash Cadet
I was thinking about calling this Sawndz 64 but it works on 32 bit as well!

This is a c# wrapper for Jaklub's sawndz program. I've added the ability to

• Browse wav ids
  • Preview sounds
  • Select a .brsar file from anywhere to edit
  • Shows file size of sounds and groups. Turns red to notify you if the size is over 0xDDDDD

This doesn't come with sndconv.exe/dsptool.dll/soundfile.dll to convert .wav files, but it can use them if you put them in the folder. It also has some of the same stability problems as before(maybe some new ones!) so remember to back up your .brsar. Size limit of 0xDDDDD only matters for most characters, but coloring applies for all.

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
No idea how this didn't get any replies here, this looks so much more convenient compared to older Sawndz.

Gonna give it a shot ASAP.

colonelmcdoogle

Smash Rookie
Been trying to use this. Put the required files in the folder but it won't replace anything. Is there something specific I need to do other than find the file and insert? Does it have to be a specific file type?

agoaj

Smash Cadet
Been trying to use this. Put the required files in the folder but it won't replace anything. Is there something specific I need to do other than find the file and insert? Does it have to be a specific file type?
Just select a wav, select a sound, and hit insert.
If it's a .sawnd file then you just have to hit insert and it will replace the right files.
Any errors should pop up in the green text window.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Bumping this. I'm having the same issue as colonel. I'm not getting any particular error after inserting both a .wav or a .sawnd. It's odd.

EDIT: Well I'm getting a different error but at least I'm getting a message.
Incorrect number of arguments
insert command requires 4 arguments.
group id
collection id
wave id
frequency
looping

I have the sound I want to replace selected and everything.

agoaj

Smash Cadet
Bumping this. I'm having the same issue as colonel. I'm not getting any particular error after inserting both a .wav or a .sawnd. It's odd.

EDIT: Well I'm getting a different error but at least I'm getting a message.
Incorrect number of arguments
insert command requires 4 arguments.
group id
collection id
wave id
frequency
looping

I have the sound I want to replace selected and everything.
You're using the wrong version of sawndz, it should be 0.13. Extract sawndz.exe from the zip file again.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Ahh, thank you. I'll try that.

From what I've looked through so far, this is fantastic stuff. It combines smashbox's ability to actually test sounds with... well, sawndz ability to replace them. It's very convenient and I'm surprised this doesn't have more posts and views in it.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I said this on Kitty Corp, but I love how it automatically plays the sounds once you click on them.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Argh, I'm still getting nothing. I'm not getting the error message anymore and I'm not getting anything in the message box that says "Sawndz 0.13".

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Inserting wav marthdolphinslash.wav

sndconv.exe v1.2
Sound converter for Dolphin AX sound player.
Copyright 2001 Nintendo Technology Development, Inc.

Stream has Finished
sndconv has exited
Argument =insert 26 537 53 44100 0 "smashbros_sound.brsar"
Starting sawndz.exe
Sawndz.Start() returned True
Sawndz stream has finished
Sawndz has exited

Upon checking it both within SuperSawndz and SmashBox, there were no changes.

agoaj

Smash Cadet
Did you put smashbros_sound.brsar in that same folder? Try moving it to a different folder and opening it with file->open.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Says the MSCVR100.dll is missing. I was having this issue before with normal sawndz and downloaded and manually installed it (the .dll). Don't know why I'm getting the issue again.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Ok, definitely seeing some notable results in the feedback window, the same you normally see when you replace sounds with regular sawndz. I screwed up my .brsar from a bad sound replacement attempt with sawndz earlier and I don't have immediate access to my backup at the moment so I'll see if I can get a working test later.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Something I thought I'd mention. It seems that some size limits are lower than DDDDD. Lucario's, for example, starts showing problems at around C8000. (by problems, I mean most of Lucario's sounds go mute)

Samurai

Smash Rookie
Hi guys ! I can't use the program, when I insert a new sound it says : missing sndconvert.exe
Can you help me ?

LewiSensei

Smash Rookie
I have this issue where the "sawnd.spd" file is too small and it involves with attacks and taunts and sound completely awful when previewing it on Super Sawdz. Do I have to update because I have 1.0? Could that be the reason?

Top Bottom