• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Ricochet: Wonderland (The Finale is here! Who won?!)

BarDulL

Town Vampire
~Super Ricochet: Wonderland~

Sup duders. Welcome to SUPER RICOCHET: WONDERLAND! This is a modification of the vanilla Ricochet game that was hosted here by Thirdkoopa Thirdkoopa . This new variant includes different flavor and a handful of new mechanics. LET'S GET DOWN TO BUSINESS!

~Rules~

1. Each player starts out with 3 health points.
2. Each player starts off with 10 gold (10g).
3. If a player dies (health drops to or below 0), the player that dealt the most damage to the dying player during the phase of death will receive the remaining gold the dying player had.
4. Each phase, players may perform a single standard action and a single item action that will occur at the end of the phase. These will be explained below in a bit.
5. During each phase, a player may purchase a single item. Item purchases are not revealed to any other player.
6. Item Actions a player does are revealed anonymously (item use is shown, user is not). Standard actions are revealed after every phase (user is shown).

Victory Conditions:

7. If there are two players remaining, they can win together in a joint victory. Both players must submit the command Truce: Player for their standard action.
8. If there is only one player remaining, they automatically win the game.
9. In the case of a draw, no one wins! Hah! Wouldn't that be anticlimactic?

Gameplay rules during each phase:

10. During each phase, an item will be up for grabs. The player that receives the most votes will receive the item! Holy moly! Votes must be submitted in the day thread. A player may not vote for themselves. Votes are locked immediately upon being cast. You may vote for a player by using the command “Vote: Player” in the thread. A tie in votes will result in a random distribution of the item to whoever the majority tied votes are between. Edit: (ex: 12-way tie results in a random distribution of the item to one of the 12 players).
11. Phases last for 24 hours. Players may submit actions to BarDulL BarDulL in their role PM before a phase ends. Once the phase ends, actions will be locked in and submitted for ensuing fireworks. Expect to wait for one hour before actions are announced. Brace yourself! After actions have resolved, a new phase will begin.
12. Players may interact with each other either by using the main thread or by opening up a PM with each other. Players must include BarDulL BarDulL in each private conversation they create.
13. Winning player/s receive a prize! Third place (or second in the event that there is a sole winner) gets a prank. Yo, that name color tho.

List of Standard Actions:

Shoot: Player - Deals 1 damage to a single player!
Shoot: Self - All damage received is dealt back to the damage dealer/s. If no damage is received for that phase, the player that shot themselves loses 1 health point. The total sum of damage received is reflected back to each player that targeted the player that shot themselves; be careful when teaming up to attack a single player!

EX: if 4 players shoot a single player, each of the 4 players will receive damage equal to the total sum of damage the self-shot player was attacked with.

Shoot: Air - No aggressive, defensive, or supportive action occurs. This is the default action a player takes if no action is submitted.
Give Health: Player - A player may distribute health points of their own to another player. A player cannot distribute more than or equal to the total amount of health they currently have. A player is informed when they receive health points from another.
Defend: Player - Defending
another player will let them take 1 less damage for that phase. You can't target yourself with Defend! A player is informed when you defend them. You cannot defend two phases in a row.
Charge: Player - Using this action will double a player's damage dealt for the next time that player uses a damage dealing action in a following phase (this does not affect health loss from shooting yourself)! A player may target themselves with Charge. Charging makes a player vulnerable for that phase; the player that is using Charge will receive 1 additional point of damage if they are attacked. A player is informed when they have been charged up. Charges do stack...watch out for someone that has been charged up, especially more than once!

List of items available on the shop:

1. Walrus (4g) - An actual walrus that will absorb damage for you in a phase! The walrus can absorb up to three points of damage before waddling off to sunbathe! All hail the powerful walrus tummy! Can only be bought and used once and disappears after the phase it is used!
2. Bazooka (3g) - replaces your gun for a phase and has a base damage of 2! Wow! Charging this baby up can do serious damage!
3. Cape of Invisibility (7g) - makes you untargetable for a phase! Wow, what an amazing item! Pretty expensive though...
4. Mafia Roleblocker (10g) - Wow, a mafia roleblocker! He'll roleblock someone of your choosing for a phase (both standard actions and item actions are nullified). WOAH. But he's so expensive...hmm...
5. Extra Health Point (5g) - NICE! An extra health point! This increases your total health by 1 point! They say being in good health is the most important thing you can do for yourself. Limited to a single purchase! Persists throughout the rest of the game. Automatically gets used.
6. Durable Shield (3g) - Absorbs 1 damage during any phase! Works like a health point, but can't be given away. Persists through each phase after being used. Can only have one Durable Shield up at a time! Is destroyed upon absorbing damage!
7. Nullifier: Player [Standard Action] (3g) - if you correctly guess the standard action of a player, you can block that player's standard action! MINDGAMES SON! However, there is one stipulation: if Shoot: Self is correctly selected, the player that shot themselves will not deal damage back to their attacker/s but will still be invulnerable to all attacks.

In order to use an item, simply submit the phrase "[Item] Action: Player". Some items can't be used on players other than yourself, so make sure to read the item's description.

Giving gold takes the place of an item action during any phase:

8. Give Gold: Player - You can give gold to a player! How nice of you! Give as much as you like, just remember that this takes up your item action!

Sign-Ups

1. Shish
2. Moydow
3. Alice
4. Pokechu
5. Red Ryu
6. Fire Emblemier

7. ShinyLegendary
8. KickleCubiclist
9. giraffelasergun
10. GoldenYuiitusin
11. #HBC | Nabe
12. Ura

Last edited:

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Item Available! and Action Posts:

Item Available! (Phase 1)
Phase 1 ends! Phase 2 begins!
Item Available! (Phase 2)
Phase 2 ends! Phase 3 begins!
Item Available! (Phase 3)
Phase 3 ends! Phase 4 begins!
Item Available! (Phase 4)
Phase 4 ends! Phase 5 begins!
Item Available! (Phase 5)
Phase 5 Ends! Phase 6 begins!
Item Available! (Phase 6)
Phase 6 ends! Phase 7 begins!
Item Available! (Phase 7)
Phase 7 ends! Phase 8 begins!
Item Available! (Phase 8)
Phase 8 ends! Phase 9 begins!
Item Available! (Phase 9)

Last edited:

Alice Phantasma

Smash Apprentice
/in

"Shoot: Self - All damage received is dealt back to the damage dealer/s. If no damage is received for that phase, the player that used Reflect loses 1 health point. The total sum of damage received is reflected back to each player that targeted the reflecting player; be careful when teaming up to attack a single player!"

O_o oh my.. xD

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I liked the first ricochet game, a lot less commitment than mafia that's for sure, I'll /in. Like the idea of a shop too. I might even survive longer now that I know alliances are on the table.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I have not been in here a while, but yeah I will play.

/in

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Chapter 0 - Prologue

"tch. looks like things may get rough in this joint. who woulda thought he would really be here? can't believe corporate finally got a lead on this cold case"

#HBC | marshy #HBC | marshy leaned over alongside the southern wall and surveyed the eastern corridor to make sure the coast was clear, then leaned back and pulled out his favorite brand of sticks. There was nothing quite like a good ol' "Marlboro Hardbody" while sneaking around a foreign base.

"been too dam long since i been on the field, and the powers that be send only me to do the job? corporate is outta their ****in' minds...but it must b done"

marshy put away his pack of Hardbodies and subtly continued making his way through NZone castle.

"it's not all bad, least they got pictures of bowsette all over some of these walls...god damnit."

NZone castle was fairly victorian in stature while riddled with several murals and general artwork of Nintendo characters, each of which was regularly complemented with go-to Nintendo memes. Almost every corner of the castle hallways had a bust of Reggie with the words "my body is ready" inscribed at the bottom. Although the dedication to Nintendo and memes were impressive, it wasn't why marshy was here; there were much more important matters to attend to.

Finally, after an hour of sneaking around and avoiding the boys in red, marshy came across a door riddled with Animal Crossing pictures and the name " Pokechu Pokechu " scribbled on the placard.

"finally...after so many years, it ends here. our eternal battle will end and i will have finally crushed pokechu. balance will b restored to smashboards once more...it has been too dam long."

Before marshy could kick down Pokechu's door though, a blue portal manifested out of nowhere behind him. The sudden blue light emanating from the portal startled marshy, and before he could do anything else, the portal seemed to have captured him in an invisible gravitational pull that wouldn't let go.

"no...NO! the space time continuum will b normal again if i can just...why is this happening now?! god DAMMMMIIIIIIIIIIII-"

Despite marshy's resistance, and before he could finish yelling, the portal's pull accelerated dramatically and sucked him right in, leaving no trace of marshy except a pack of Hardbodies that fell out during the struggle.

To be continued....

Last edited:

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Patch notes: I'm too lazy at the moment. Just make sure to reread the rules post. I reorganized the opening post, increased/decreased gold prices, standard actions are revealed while item actions are anonymously revealed, and so on.

PM me if you think I should make a cool or fun change.

Also, the flavor is pretty much jokes, over-exaggeration, satire, etcetera. Much love to anyone I have or will write about in the flavor, lol.

Last edited:

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
amazing. im moved

now if i can just get out of this damn gravitational pull...

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I haven't played Mafia in so long. I mean it's only been 2 months but it feels a lot longer than that.

/in

Alice Phantasma

Smash Apprentice
I liked the first ricochet game, a lot less commitment than mafia that's for sure, I'll /in. Like the idea of a shop too. I might even survive longer now that I know alliances are on the table.
Yeah, the less commitment is one of the reasons I really do like this game, plus you don't have to worry about reading everyone's posts, nor do you have to worry about (too much) who you're shooting :p Its not like your target is going to be a hidden person on your team.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I’m not sure what to cap this at. Maybe 15? 13? The more the merrier?

I haven't played Mafia in so long. I mean it's only been 2 months but it feels a lot longer than that.

/in
To be clear, this is Ricochet, not to be confused with Mafia. It’s a different kind of Diplomacy game. However it has similar functions to Mafia and is a lot less strenuous. I think you will enjoy it (not biased as the host of course! :awesome:)

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

To be clear, this is Ricochet, not to be confused with Mafia. It’s a different kind of Diplomacy game. However it has similar functions to Mafia and is a lot less strenuous. I think you will enjoy it (not biased as the host of course! :awesome:)
It's not? Welp, that's embarrassing lol.

Put me in as a maybe then.

Alice Phantasma

Smash Apprentice

as long as it isn't super complex they can usually be pretty easy for a lot of players to play, maybe base it on how many pms you wanna keep track of?

Last edited:

BarDulL

Town Vampire
It's not? Welp, that's embarrassing lol.

Put me in as a maybe then.
You got it. As far as embarrassing, nah. Think of it like an FFA Mafia where everyone can body each other and there's no lynch or night king (I think :awesome:).

as long as it isn't super complex they can usually be pretty easy for a lot of players to play, maybe base it on how many pms you wanna keep track of?
There is something appealing to me about possibly keeping track of 105 possible PM conversations, 15 Role PMs, and one graveyard.

Ok fine, 13 is the tentative cap. There’s something cool about the number 13. :shades:

Anyway, I’m thinking the game is gonna start tomorrow? Maybe today if we fill up. :O

#HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe giraffelasergun giraffelasergun #HBC | Laundry #HBC | Laundry #HBC | Ryker #HBC | Ryker praline praline Disfunkshunal Disfunkshunal Thirdkoopa Thirdkoopa Opossum Opossum @GoldenYuiitusin Kantrip Kantrip

Last edited:

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Chapter 0.5 - The Coliseum

"ugh...wtf happened? where are my smokes? the hell is this place?"

marshy found himself lying face-first on what felt like dirt mixed with an oddly fresh soil. As he pushed himself off the ground and dusted himself off, a feeling of eeriness came over him as he began surveying his surroundings. Giant mushrooms, old and worn stairs leading to a lifeless gate, a blue aura hanging over everything that lived and breathed. Almost alien, but not quite.

marshy got down on one knee and put his hand to his ear to use his codec; if there was any way he was going to be able to make a determination about where he was, he would need help.

marshy got up and brushed off his knee before walking up the stairs and through the gate. As though the world around him had a sentience of its own, the gate quickly closed behind him and the woods quickly experienced heavy growth seemingly with the intent to block off the path he had kneeled on just moments ago.

"tch. guess nothin is gonna surprise me from here on out"

Continuing onward through what seemed to be an extension of the woods, marshy remained steadfast. It was quite a maze, although oddly there didn't seem to be any signs of life outside of plants and general vegetation. The blue aura persisted throughout every neck of the woods, almost as though it were following yung marsh.

After about an hour of treading the path leading from the gate, marshy finally arrived at what looked like an exact copy of the coliseum of Rome.

"man, this is a trip. this ain't rome, even rome has 4G LTE"

marshy made his way inside, unaware of the battles that were in store for him within the coliseum's firm, stoic walls....

To be continued...

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
There's still 5 slots open, though.

And (also @other NZone people) if you like NZone-style mafia games with tons of role madness and stuff, Ricochet is like that, except less stressful and time-consuming, and you still get to ****post in the thread and PMs if that's your thing. And if not, you literally only have to do one thing per phase, you can just straight up blank the thread if you want to.

basically Ricochet is really cool and everyone should sign up. :p

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Two more and we start ASAP! AW SNAP!

Also, I made two final changes.

1. A player cannot defend two phases in a row. They must wait between phases to defend. This is to mitigate defensive gameplay.
2. Charges can stack. Getting charged up twice (without using an aggressive action) means that your damage output is 1 (base) x 2 (charge) x 2 (charge) = 4 damage. If you have a bazooka, that means...8 damage! :eek::eek::eek:

Last edited:

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Two more and we start ASAP! AW SNAP!

Also, I made two final changes.

1. A player cannot defend two phases in a row. They must wait between phases to defend. This is to mitigate defensive gameplay.
2. Charges can stack. Getting charged up twice (without using an aggressive action) means that your damage output is 1 (base) x 2 (charge) x 2 (charge) = 4 damage. If you have a bazooka, that means...8 damage! :eek::eek::eek:
Given the defensive nerf, are the results goingvto be displayed each phase like last game?

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Sending out role PMs, last call to join! Currently at 11, capped at 13. Either number is good. :V

Last edited:
Top Bottom