• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash Wii U/3DS Social 7.0

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Does anyone use pixilart here? I just opened account, and while there is probably nothing to fear. I just hope that this website isn't too...strict when it come to what you can and can't do.

At worst, I can post my sprites on DA and make sure to post a warning if they are too NSFW. But still, should I take Pixilart seriously? Or is the websitenot worth it when it come to sharing stuff?

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Does anyone use pixilart here? I just opened account, and while there is probably nothing to fear. I just hope that this website isn't too...strict when it come to what you can and can't do.

At worst, I can post my sprites on DA and make sure to post a warning if they are too NSFW. But still, should I take Pixilart seriously? Or is the websitenot worth it when it come to sharing stuff?
I can't think of too many other places to share your digital art. DeviantArt can potentially work out, but it does take some time before your work starts to get noticed; finding the proper groups to share your deviations may also help.

D

Deleted member

In my case, I use pixiv and DeviantArt as repositories for my artworks, although I've positioned Twitter as my platform of choice earlier in the year. Never heard of Pixilart until you mentioned it. I suppose it wouldn't be a bad idea to check it out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
In my case, I use pixiv and DeviantArt as repositories for my artworks, although I've positioned Twitter as my platform of choice earlier in the year. Never heard of Pixilart until you mentioned it. I suppose it wouldn't be a bad dea to check it out.
I say check it out, Pixilart let you make sprite very easily and even animation. You can even share your sprites with other peoples.

Also, I decided that, for my weirder artwork/NSFW artwork. I decided that I will post them on DA with a warning of course. For the rest, I will post them on both DA and Pixilart. Like that, I have nothing to worry about.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I have been doing some size modifier tests in Brawl to see how they affect a fighter's direct attack damage multiplier, and it seems that I've figured it out to an extent. Keep note that the following data might not be exact.

Size Multiplier | Damage Multiplier
0.05 | 0.24
0.1 | 0.2775
0.15 | 0.315
0.2 | 0.3525
0.25 | 0.39
0.3 | 0.432
0.35 | 0.474
0.4 | 0.516
0.45 | 0.558
0.5 | 0.6
0.6 | 0.68
0.7 | 0.76
0.8 | 0.84
0.9 | 0.92
1 | 1
1.1 | 1.08
1.2 | 1.16
1.3 | 1.24
1.4 | 1.32
1.5 | 1.4
1.6 | 1.48
1.7 | 1.56
1.8 | 1.64
1.9 | 1.72
2 | 1.8
2.1 | 1.88
2.2 | 1.96
2.3 | 2.04
2.4 | 2.12
2.5 | 2.2
2.6 | 2.28
2.7 | 2.36
2.8 | 2.44
2.9 | 2.52
3 | 2.6
3.1 | 2.68
3.2 | 2.76
3.3 | 2.84
3.4 | 2.92
3.5 | 3
3.6 | 3.08
3.7 | 3.16
3.8 | 3.24
3.9 | 3.32
4 | 3.4
4.1 | 3.48
4.2 | 3.56
4.3 | 3.64
4.4 | 3.72
4.5 | 3.8
4.6 | 3.88
4.7 | 3.96
4.8 | 4.04
4.9 | 4.12
5 | 4.2
5.1 | 4.28
5.2 | 4.36
5.3 | 4.44
5.4 | 4.52
5.5 | 4.6
5.6 | 4.68
5.7 | 4.76
5.8 | 4.84
5.9 | 4.92
6 | 5
On a side note, a size multiplier of 0.3809524 sets the damage multiplier to 0.500000016, but it's not possible to make the damage multiplier be exactly 0.5.

The Lightning item's damage multiplier system also operates differently than if you were to pick up Super Mushrooms or Poison Mushrooms. For an example, being made 2.4x bigger by the Lightning only increases your direct attack damage multiplier to 1.84x; 2.45x size = 1.87x damage dealt; 2.5x size = 1.9x damage dealt.

Lastly, these values do apply to Smash 3DS / Wii U as well.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Was in the middle of a Grand Trial and I noticed that my Ultra Sun team has contracted the Pokerus virus. As a series vet, this is the first time I've run into this status condition in-game. :grin:

20171129_020154.jpg

LittleMissEevee

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FoxieKyu
3DS FC
3711-8557-9264
Switch FC
SW-5003-6584-4623
whats with all of these bayonettas on for fun and for glory and being so cocky, every bayo I meet acts like they are hot stuff only to get demolished by me with palutena or someone else I have lots of experience in, I never understood this level of arrogance with random bayo players I meet

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
While I know this thread is kinda alot dead. I felt like I should post this little animation here, in case someone come here. In any case, I hope you enjoy it.

Btw, every sprites in this were made/remade by me.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The Nintendo Switch may be nearing its first anniversary, but you still have to ask if it's even worth purchasing right now. Even with Super Mario Odyssey being available now, it probably isn't worth getting a Nintendo Switch for just one game, especially when you take into account how costly the accessories are.

LittleMissEevee

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FoxieKyu
3DS FC
3711-8557-9264
Switch FC
SW-5003-6584-4623
It has had one of the best software releases I have ever seen.
2018 is gonna be guud for me

Megaman x collection 2.0
Metroid Prime 4
Megaman 11
Bayonetta 3 all on switch

And for ps4 theres RE7 Gold
Jack and Daxster HD Collection
Devil May Cry HD Collection

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
IT’ll keep getting better and if EA and others don’t want to publish on it.

Well it’s not like we’re losing out on that given recent events.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
The Nintendo Switch may be nearing its first anniversary, but you still have to ask if it's even worth purchasing right now. Even with Super Mario Odyssey being available now, it probably isn't worth getting a Nintendo Switch for just one game, especially when you take into account how costly the accessories are.
I have it since Day 1 and STILL haven't touched BOTW yet.

Something is wrong with me

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Reposting this from another thread:

Since I am now almost halfway through the game, I figure I may as well give my thoughts on TWEWY so far.

The story has been pretty interesting so far, having a mix of both serious and silly moments over the course of the game so far.

I have found the gameplay to be quite interesting, from stuff like trends, to being able to set your own combat level, to the battle system itself.

The characters have been pretty interesting so far, and if I had to pick a favorite at the moment, it would be Minamoto.

The soundtrack is pretty great imo, although I do have one problem with it.
You can never hear the full versions of any of the tracks in the game, which is a shame because the soundtrack is so good.

Overall, I'm really enjoying it.
--------------------------------
It feels weird to only say this stuff 29 hours into the game, but I feel like I should give my thoughts on FF7 since I haven't before.

I've found the battle system to be pretty fun, albeit not quite as fun as FFX's battle system.
The level design does feel a little bit better than FFX though.
I do think that the camera hasn't aged very well at all though, as there are some moments where the camera angles make it hard to tell where exactly inputting left will do due to the angle being slanted.

It is also sometimes hard to tell whether something is in the background or not. Granted, they were just getting used to the hardware at the time, so I won't hold it against the game.

The soundtrack is one of the best and most iconic parts of the game, but you probably already knew that.

So far, I'd say my favorite part of the game would be the story. I can't really explain why, I just find it very interesting.

I've found the cast too be pretty interesting so far (even though I haven't seen all of their character arcs yet). My favorite character so far would be Nanaki/Red XIII, although Aerith is a close second at the moment.

Overall, I've been really enjoying the game and I'm glad I'm playing it before the remake comes out.
---------------------------------

Also, I went with the Switch version of BotW because it was a new console at the time (feels weird to even use the past tense to refer to it.) and it's cool to be able to take a system on the go, even though I don't leave my house that much aside from school.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Repost in this topic, since some peoples might be interested.

Man, it's always a pain in the butt to understand how a program work when you are a newbie. But boy, does it feel good when you finally get what you want by yourself.

In other word, I made this:
Red hunter laughing gif 2.gif

Into this:

Red hunter laughing gif 3.gif

Yeah, I just learned how to make it transparent. But this is one giant step for me and my futur sprites. (Btw, the progam I use is GraphicsGale, in case anyone is curious)

So yeah, I am happy with how it turn out.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
How was everyone's Christmas (or day off) earlier this week? Get anything good?

Me & my parents were planning on visiting the rest of our family but thanks to how poor the roads are we've been stuck all week. It's been in the negatives all week; according to the news, it was actually warmer in Alaska than it was where I live last night. :laugh:
Got some Amazon cards, Japanese Textbooks, the Pokemon Sun/Moon OST, and a :4sonic: Pixel Pal.

LittleMissEevee

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FoxieKyu
3DS FC
3711-8557-9264
Switch FC
SW-5003-6584-4623

Me & my parents were planning on visiting the rest of our family but thanks to how poor the roads are we've been stuck all week. It's been in the negatives all week; according to the news, it was actually warmer in Alaska than it was where I live last night. :laugh:
Got some Amazon cards, Japanese Textbooks, the Pokemon Sun/Moon OST, and a :4sonic: Pixel Pal.
It was great, I got a gaming laptop, doot 2016 on the switch mario kart 8 delux and stardew vally

Looots of fun

Last edited:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352

Been working on my job and went to a tournament where I made some upsets and good wins.

Went out with family and hung out with them while spending time with some friends.

LittleMissEevee

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FoxieKyu
3DS FC
3711-8557-9264
Switch FC
SW-5003-6584-4623
has anyone ever picked up wolf for a while then gone back to play melee with a fast faller like say shiek and feel like they are playing a floaty character?

D

Deleted member

Konban wa. Watashi wa Kawai Shizuka, gojūroku-sai desu. Y'all have any resolutions/goals for the upcoming year? My resolutions are as follows:
  • Never watch TV or YouTube videos again
  • Look for a third secondary to go with my :4lucina: and :4bowserjr:
  • Be more tolerable about my 16-month-old step-nephew
  • Read the entirety of my stepmother's Bible and getting more involved with the gospel community
  • Collect all amiibo of Smash 4's female characters. I just need :4samus:, :4sheik:, :4jigglypuff:, and :4bayonetta: (not :4bayonetta2: since I already have that one and looks better anyway)
  • Buy some more games like the Mario Party games for the GameCube or get back into Street Fighter or Soul Calibur. It has been a long time since I have played any of these.
  • Get my 53-year-old stepmother to try new recipes.

My Christmas went okay...until my 16-month-old nephew showed up later that afternoon. I really do not like him visiting my house but my stepmother (who is 53 years old but I am 56 years old myself) does. Always preferred to have the house to myself, I do.

Anyways, I've been blessed with perfume, a nightgown with a lovely pink camouflage design, and off-white tights that really complement my cheerleader mini-skirts. I was hoping for a laptop since my tablet bit the dust six months ago, but stepmom says sometime later so I'll have to wait for an indeterminate amount of time. This is why ever since 1975 I keep my expectations low for the holidays.

We also had fried chicken and sponge cake. This is what I suggested 'cause I heard this is how the Japanese celebrate Christmas. Now, I'm not Japanese but it has such a vibrant culture I feel like exploring everything about it.

Other than that, the decently cold weather here in the outskirts of Atlanta where I stay is what I enjoyed most. Couple of weeks ago, it snowed for two days in my area. Makes up for the unusually warm winter I had earlier this year.

Sayonara :kirby:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Beat Kirby Triple Deluxe, just in time for the New Year. I think the levels are a bit over reliant on gimmicks, but to it's credit it's the first 3DS game I'd recommend playing in entirely in 3D. Besides visuals, it makes it much easier to dodge enemy attacks. The Gyrp mini-games can be annoying but they're simple and much more responsive than any other game I've played that they've been in. Not as good as RtDL, but I do respect it for trying to use the hardware to it's advantage.

Picked up DBZ Kai Seasons 1-4 in the mail today (used). I've been meaning to watch the series in full for a couple years now instead of skipping over the filler/most fight scenes. The recent Tournament of Power arc & FighterZ have really renewed my interest. I've never even watched the Saiyan & Namek arcs beyond the memes/TFS.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
After watching the first few episodes, it's kind of jarring how it flips back and forth between the old and new animation frames. Pretty sure in episode 3 there was a few seconds of a VHS-style dust flicker on the screen. I don't regret choosing Kai over the original though. Time vs. enjoyment.

Am hoping to watch the entire series and then move onto the English dub of Super as the boxsets come out.

D

Deleted member

Was in the middle of a Grand Trial and I noticed that my Ultra Sun team has contracted the Pokerus virus. As a series vet, this is the first time I've run into this status condition in-game. :grin:

View attachment 134136
That actually happened to my sister a while back, her starter had Pokerus ( no trade or hacks ). I knew this because right after we got those starters I checked the stats and bam, it had Pokerus ( This happened in Pokemon Moon ).
The odds of encountering a Pokemon with Pokerus is 3 / 65536.

Last edited by a moderator:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Finished the Saiyan & Namek arcs of DBZ Kai. I found myself enjoying the Saiyan arc a lot more than I would have thought. It matched up fairly well with the tones set by the original Dragon Ball IMO, and must have been amazing to read for the first time back in the 80s if you were following the manga weekly.

The Namek arc is just too long for it's own good IMO. The background of Planet Namek got really old quickly for me and many of the minor villain fights I felt could have been cut down. The Ginyu Force, Vegeta being a ****, and the ending of Goku vs. Frieza were the main highlights IMO. I can't even imagine watching the original episodes full length with this arc.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
It's January 21st, which means the original Super Smash Bros. is officially 19 years old. :starman:

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I beat The World Ends With You a couple of days ago.

Reposting my full thoughts from the Nintenzone Social:

First off, one of the most notable things that I can probably say about the game is that there really isn't anything else quite like it. I feel the game is able to use both of the DS's screens quite well, with Neku being controlled on the top screen and his partner being controlled on the bottom screen. I especially feel like the game has some of the best use of the DS's touch screen.

One mechanic that I really enjoy about the game is the ability to lower your current level. I feel like having a lower mean a higher drop rate from battles is a great way to make the game challenging and reward the player for getting good at the combat. I also like how chaining battles together increases your drop rate further and rewards the player.

I feel like one of the game's biggest strength is the soundtrack. Honestly, most of the tracks are extremely catchy and have quite easily gotten stuck in my head. My only real problem with the soundtrack is that you typically won't hear the full versions of the tracks in game. Although, that might be different in Solo Remix (and Final Remix), but I can't speak for those because I played the game on the DS and Final Remix isn't out yet.

One thing that I would like to mention is the art style. I personally really feel like the art style gives the game a very stylized feel. The DS Sprites have also aged fairly well imo (although Solo Remix and Final Remix do look better).

And then there's the story. The story is honestly another one of the game's best aspects, although a lot of it is a bit difficult to talk about without getting into spoilers of some sort. While the story is a little tough to fully understand (just like a certain other Square-Enix game I'm a fan of), I feel like I understood what was going on well enough, and I do think it is pretty satisfying when you finally know the full details of certain plot points (if that makes any sense). I still had trouble understanding the ending though, and I still don't quite know who
Hanekoma
is.

And that's another thing I want to talk about: the characters. I found a lot of the characters in this game to be quite memorable, both the heroes and the villains. My favorite of the heroes would have to be Neku, after he fully goes through all of his character arc, and my favorite villain would be Minamoto, as if it wasn't obvious by my avatar. There just aren't many villains that you see shouting random math jokes. Honestly, the worst I can say about any of the characters (well, really just one of them) is that some of them don't get a whole lot of development, although, most of the cast gets a good deal of screen time, and I wouldn't say any of them are out right poorly written.

Overall, I really enjoyed it and it's definitely one of my favorite DS games now. If I were to give it a rating, I'd give it anywhere from a 9.5 to a 9.75.
I'm looking forward to the new stuff the Final Remix is going to add when it comes out, even though it means that I won't be getting the Secret Reports on my next time playing.
---------------------------
And now that I finished TWEWY, I'm going to get back to playing the KH games pretty soon.

Top Bottom