• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash Wii U/3DS Social 7.0

D

Deleted member

Speaking of Pokémon:

I seriously want this to happen so much in the Gen 4 remakes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
With Miiverse all closed up, I guess I'll be looking up to DeviantArt for any more drawings. In fact, during the past few weeks, I've been expanding on my MMD experiences by putting more effort onto any models that I edit; this includes using base models, and using clothing of my choice.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I want to buy Pokemon US/UM and fight Rainbow Rocket, but I haven't even had time to beat SM because of work. I also still need to beat EarthBound, Fire Emblem Blazing Sword, FE Shadow Dragon, FE Warriors, Pokken Tournament DX, and complete all three in the Metroid Prime Trilogy...And EarthBound Beginnings. Work keeps me busy though and I'm not able to play games everyday due to how tired I get, plus I'm keeping up with some shows, doing real life stuff, and trying to make time on weekends to do stuff while I'm here in Japan.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Mixed opinions all around.

Although the soundtrack seems generally well-received.
Eh, maybe not, some reviewer say that the soundtrack isn't as great as other Sonic games. Then again, everything in this game is controversial.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It does feel like a waste knowing that Dr. Eggman is the final boss. Infinite looked like he'd have a lot of potential as a major antagonist, and yet, he's just another Dr. Eggman minion.

LittleMissEevee

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FoxieKyu
3DS FC
3711-8557-9264
Switch FC
SW-5003-6584-4623
Heyo all, I’ve never been on a social thread so I’m a bit confused

LittleMissEevee

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FoxieKyu
3DS FC
3711-8557-9264
Switch FC
SW-5003-6584-4623
Well alright, well... I got to a point where I’m satisfied with my skill in SSB4, considering retiring from competitive smash now... ah...

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I feel I can improve more but my ability to do so is limited. Can't really play competitively with my time commitments. I guess I do have a few months off now but I don't see myself going to a tourney anytime soon, as much as I would like to.

LittleMissEevee

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FoxieKyu
3DS FC
3711-8557-9264
Switch FC
SW-5003-6584-4623
I feel I can improve more but my ability to do so is limited. Can't really play competitively with my time commitments. I guess I do have a few months off now but I don't see myself going to a tourney anytime soon, as much as I would like to.

I never been to a tourny but every friend I have that I played has been to them and I have beatwn all of them and feel pretty satisfied with where I’m at, the last big improvement I needed was to go back to my original style while having all that I gained since I abandoned that when it proved difficult to maintain, now I can play very defensive and still maintain a presence onstage and pull off every punish, read and whatnot, and even maintain pressure on an opponent but I’m slower with it, now that I’m where I wanted to be I’m going back on a competitive hiatus until I know what I wanted to do with the skills I attained, I’m one of the few palutenas that not only exist but also know her own way around a fight by the looks of it ^^; makes me sad to see her so underrepresented

also if ya wanna get into training I say practice 15 minutes to an hour a day, thats all it really takes

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
also if ya wanna get into training I say practice 15 minutes to an hour a day, thats all it really takes
I guess. It's a good thing I can still find matches online pretty easily and against people with a range of skill levels.

Just annoyed my last attempt to go online resulted in my Wii U not connecting to the internet. Don't recall that happening very often or ever really.

Last edited:

LittleMissEevee

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FoxieKyu
3DS FC
3711-8557-9264
Switch FC
SW-5003-6584-4623
I guess. It's a good thing I can still find matches online pretty easily and against people with a range of skill levels.

Just annoyed my last attempt to go online resulted in my Wii U not connecting to the internet. Don't recall that happening very often or ever really.

That’s pretty sucky, hope things work out well

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Sonic Forces isn't that bad
I don’t get the hate.

Well ok i get the dislike but the way people turned in it just doesn’t make sense to me.

The fact the new star wars game has positive reviews despite the horrible pay to win/mobile grinding model it has baffles me.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I don’t get the hate.

Well ok i get the dislike but the way people turned in it just doesn’t make sense to me.

The fact the new star wars game has positive reviews despite the horrible pay to win/mobile grinding model it has baffles me.
Maybe the gameplay is still pretty good? Some people are willing to push past the bull for the meat if they feel it's worth it.

One thing I've learned is that games appeal to people because it has that small bit they enjoy. Not that there isn't obvious bias there too in general, but yeah.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
As dumb as pay to win/even be basic characters people love is, it's still Star Wars. Word of mouth spreads for what *could* be awesome (some people getting extremely lucky with drops despite not engaging in microtransactions), and basic features like stability/aesthetic otherwise pads up the other shortcomings.

As for Forces, some people are long past the point of no return when it comes to modern (and even hybrid) Sonic games. The same word of mouth effect goes both ways, meaning people that aren't even going to give it a shot will give the game crap just based off of what others (negatively) say. And those that do give it a shot go in with unrealistic expectations ("can't be as bad as they say" =/= "this has to be good considering ____ was good/bad").

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Why I am having so much problem with the design of the freakin' main character of my story?

I thought that anime hair would be easier to do, but I couldn't be more wrong. :/

D

Deleted member

Pokemon is always relevant.

I hope Ultra Moon acts as a kind of last hurrah for my 3DS. Despite all my games on it, it's just become neglected since my Switch library started building up. Plus with less time for games I don't get to replay my older handhelds as much as I use to. With the DS I'd still play my GBC just as much. When I'd go on holiday, I'd take my DS and GBC.
I don't use my 3DS all that much as of late. My Wii U gets far more usage compared to it. Even when I got my Switch in June, I still haven't touched my 3DS much since completing A Link Between Worlds in February. There's a few games I've yet to play on it, but I currently don't feel like doing so.

One thing I'm waiting for is the eventual final firmware update for it, and a homebrew exploit for said final firmware update to hack the system.

With Miiverse all closed up, I guess I'll be looking up to DeviantArt for any more drawings. In fact, during the past few weeks, I've been expanding on my MMD experiences by putting more effort onto any models that I edit; this includes using base models, and using clothing of my choice.
I've seen a couple great drawings posted on Twitter and pixiv. You may want to check those out.
A week has passed since Miiverse shut down, and the WaraWara Plaza now displays the offline messages you'd typically see when not connected to the Internet / when you finish Wii U setup for the first time.

I went ahead and disabled Miiverse settings in Parental Controls just to play the original Bayonetta off-TV without the Miiverse icon on the top-right corner of the screen. Not really a big deal, but it can get in the way, so I took it out.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I've seen a couple great drawings posted on Twitter and pixiv. You may want to check those out.
A week has passed since Miiverse shut down, and the WaraWara Plaza now displays the offline messages you'd typically see when not connected to the Internet / when you finish Wii U setup for the first time.

I went ahead and disabled Miiverse settings in Parental Controls just to play the original Bayonetta off-TV without the Miiverse icon on the top-right corner of the screen. Not really a big deal, but it can get in the way, so I took it out.
I don't have an account for Twitter, so I'm kind of hoping that DeviantArt will be able to support Nintendo Switch screenshots as well.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I beat Aqua's story in Birth By Sleep today.
I also now have the Keyslinger trophy and all of the Xehanort Reports.
Now all that's left are the Final Episode and the Secret Episode.
I've heard that the true final boss is one of the toughest (mandatory) boss fights in the entire series, so I better be prepared.

D

Deleted member

I don't have an account for Twitter, so I'm kind of hoping that DeviantArt will be able to support Nintendo Switch screenshots as well.
I personally don't think it will, considering they are just screenshots, not art.

On the topic, I figure since that age doesn't really matter, I never share my own age on the Internet. Never have I had to do that.

Last edited by a moderator:

The-Power-Within

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterSword06
3DS FC
0447-7094-2346
It's been awhile, over a year, in fact. So uh...just thought I'd check in and see how you lot were doing. So hi, how are you?

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I beat the Final Episode and the Secret Episode today in BBS.
Overall I had a lot of fun with the game. I enjoyed the 3 PoV style narrative and I like that you got to play as 3 different characters.
On the other hand, I didn't like how short most of the worlds felt, but I guess it's somewhat mitigated by the fact that you visit them 3 times and having each visit be unique
Also, is it just me or is the location of the Secret Episode a better final world than the Keyblade Graveyard?

And now it appears that I will be taking a break from KH for the time being to play through The World Ends With You.
Should be pretty fun.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So I been doing some pixel art. However, I wanted this time to create something unique, and what come out is a undead alien recreated by a parasite. Personally, I feel like I did a good job, but what do you think?
g. alien inf..png

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So I been doing some pixel art. However, I wanted this time to create something unique, and what come out is a undead alien recreated by a parasite. Personally, I feel like I did a good job, but what do you think?
View attachment 134035
Very nice! :bee:

Reminds me that I need to get back to my Dr. Mario sprite sheet project (if Nintendo makes a Dr. Mario game for the Switch, my motivation would increase).

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Very nice! :bee:

Reminds me that I need to get back to my Dr. Mario sprite sheet project (if Nintendo makes a Dr. Mario game for the Switch, my motivation would increase).
Thank you so much for saying this!^^

I put alot of hours into this one sprite. And I intend to do more with it. But not for today, and there is other creatures, characters, animations, etc... that I have in mind.

If you are interested to see more sprites, feel free to say. Feedback is always good after all. :) And I am not an expert on pixel art by any means. It is like, maybe the fifth-seven sprites I made? Not sure really, I don't count.:drshrug:

jarbAin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4124-6082-4371
Oh boy, have I been away from this place for a long time?

As dead as ever, I see. Dark souls II is nice, been doing nothing else than that.

Super Mario odyssey looks pretty neat, such a shame that I do not own a switch.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I love Pokebank. Was able to complete the Pokedex and obtain the Shiny Charm & Nurse Outfit before I completed the 3rd Trial. Using the GTS to get the new mons was still a pain however.

20171124_103414.jpg
20171124_103545.jpg

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
After almost a year of hiatus, I finally made some new progress on my :4drmario: sprite sheet project

Change log v10
  • Small tweak to the Zappers
  • Added the animation parts of the Zapper
  • Added the clearing graphics of the Zapper
  • Added the background graphics of the Exploder
  • Added a couple pieces to the main bottle tileset in each color
  • Added a Poison Mushroom (taken from the "Mushroom Medic" minigame from Mario Party 4)
I REALLY need to get around to animating the playfield viruses and start on the big ones.

Last edited:
Top Bottom