• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash Wii U/3DS Social 7.0

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Work is starting to make me hate certain songs

There are some songs I still love to hear like September or pretty much any Michael Jackson songs, but if I hear Lucky Star one more time im going to scream

One year of hearing the same songs over and over again every day. . .why.
Get some new material!

like Gorillaz
I don't get to hear music at my work anymore. One of the managers got sick of an employee singing whatever song was playing and got rid of the music.

A Distant Demon A Distant Demon How's SA2 coming along?
Beat the Hero story the other day, and haven't had too much time to get into Dark story but i've made a bit of progress.

Fun game. Tails/eggman levels are easily y least favorite but the other 2 types make up for it.

I had a day at one of my old jobs where I think American Pie came on at least 4 times in a single shift. I was soooooo tired of it.
This would probably make me quit my job on the spot

I don't get to hear music at my work anymore. One of the managers got sick of an employee singing whatever song was playing and got rid of the music.
That's. . .extreme. I can't imagine working night shifts during that where I work. It would just be complete silence. . .even worse than repetitive music

clearly your manager is jealous of her singing talents

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I work 3rd Shift so my bosses tend to be lieniant when it comes to music. Put it away before 1st Shift starts coming in and keep one ear free to listen for customers/co-workers/etc.

Am usually listening to podcasts from NPR, the CUPodcast (hosted by Pat the NES Punk), Trends Like These (hosted by Brentalfloss), or Real Time with Bill Maher.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I can't stand Bill Maher, every time I hear him or see him on tv. Even if I can agree or have something I might be interested in i just can't stand how he presents himself.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I can't stand Bill Maher, every time I hear him or see him on tv. Even if I can agree or have something I might be interested in i just can't stand how he presents himself.
It doesn't bother me personally (not that I agree with or condone everything he says). He's a smug*** prick, but I wouldn't say he's a provocateur. I enjoy his show as it serves as a way for both intellectuals/idiots from both sides of the spectrum to make arguments and debate each other unfiltered.

I'd recommend checking out the Overtime segments HBO uploads to Youtube. They're basically bonus Q&A segments that are recorded after the show and focus on the guests rather than Maher or his standup.

Amberloo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sashaloo
3DS FC
1203-9998-9799
It's been a while since I've looked over the rules so I'll avoid making comments about certain politics just in case, but the guy is an asshole. Of course, being transgender myself, I can tell you that barring John Oliver, literally every political comedian has made some ****ty comment or joke about us on multiple occasion. But Maher is by far the worst when you look at a lot of different subjects. He tends to have a lot of "non-apologies" after he gets caught saying something really terrible. I like John Oliver since he actually never throws any marginalized groups of people under the bus for the sake of making a joke.

(Also hi I'm trans I don't think I'd come out to any of you about that, at least Falkoopa would probably know since we're mutuals on twitter)

Had a day off and got a lot done today

Writing resumes, cover letters, studying, worked out a little (not enough), practiced a bit of Spanish. . .

I then proceeded to spend the rest of the day beating SA2, and then writing nearly 3,000 words about the 5 sonic games I played in the last 2 weeks

. . .not too proud of that last bit, especially because I don't think the writing will even get published. Oh well.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Been awhile!

How y'all doing? Why do every time I come here, this place is dead?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
It doesn't bother me personally (not that I agree with or condone everything he says). He's a smug*** prick, but I wouldn't say he's a provocateur. I enjoy his show as it serves as a way for both intellectuals/idiots from both sides of the spectrum to make arguments and debate each other unfiltered.

I'd recommend checking out the Overtime segments HBO uploads to Youtube. They're basically bonus Q&A segments that are recorded after the show and focus on the guests rather than Maher or his standup.
Him being a smug*** prick is why I do not like him

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Been awhile!

How y'all doing? Why do every time I come here, this place is dead?
Hi hi.

I'm been working. It's been two months since I started and I've pretty much settled down. Though my work schedule has killed my SB activity and what time I get is used up by Discord and Twitter.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Hello peoples of yesterday, today and tommorow, how are you going?:seuss:

It's been awhile since the last time I have posted here. So I just want to know if everyone here is fine. Me, I have been doing alot of activity those last few weeks, that it come to me and my family visiting the museum of Charlie Chaplin. Or me working alot on my stories and generally being more on DevienART than ever. When it come to video games, I been playing more traditional fighting games lately, Blazblue, USF4, GG Rev 2, CVS2, etc...while I play more than others at the moment and some of them are not easy to play. It's still fun to mess around with them and doing some cool stuff from time to time.

Cartoon network put the original Teen Titans On Demand.

Complete nostalgia overload in just 2 episodes. This show was great and im loving watching these older episodes.

Also, i may have subconsciously stolen one of my favorite jokes from Beast Boy.

"what's up?"
"the ceiling."

Always knew Beast Boy was great. They all are

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Ever since Pokemon left CN, I hardly ever watch that channel anymore.

Anyway, I've been a rather busy bee in the moveset hacking department during the past set of days.

Prometheus16

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4141-4106-0923
. . .I ****ing love Steven Universe and the fact the show is being jerked around almost as much as Korra was by Nick makes me sad
What is CN doing to Steven Universe?

Cartoon network put the original Teen Titans On Demand.

Complete nostalgia overload in just 2 episodes. This show was great and im loving watching these older episodes.

Also, i may have subconsciously stolen one of my favorite jokes from Beast Boy.

"what's up?"
"the ceiling."

Always knew Beast Boy was great. They all are
I loved that show so much...

Why did it just suddenly end? Or did it actually end appropriately and I just didn't realize it?

Last edited:
What is CN doing to Steven Universe?
It is pretty much forced into having a weird schedule.

It rarely airs re-runs, and new episodes are forced into "bombs"

AKA 5 brand new episodes in a row Monday tuesday, wednesday etc.

This then forces new episodes to go into hiatus because you cant have 5 quality episodes every week. CN probably wou;dnt let them do that either.

No reruns + hiatuses for new episodes = bad news. Hey, at least the series is so good CN knows cancelling it would end badly for them haha.

I loved that show so much...

Why did it just suddenly end? Or did it actually end appropriately and I just didn't realize it?
I haven't got back to the finale yet (lol) but I caguely remember them having a finale. I also vaguely remembers rumors of a season after, but im pretty sure TT had a reasonably logical ending.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I swear this place is dead overtime I'm on here lol

So far, I'm in another state for a couple's wedding that is tomorrow. Can't wait for them to get married!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

So far, I'm in another state for a couple's wedding that is tomorrow. Can't wait for them to get married!
I'm able to get here only on weekends now. =/

That's great to hear. Congrats to them.

Watched about 7 hours of Zeta Gundam and played just as much Persona 4 while watching over the past 2 days. Help.

Dead overtime huh? Does that mean we get paid extra for not posting? :troll:

Wait we dont get paid at all! We should unionize.

Enjoy the wedding. I know a lot of guests hate going to weddings, but hey this is a good time to be an exception to the rule.

Sonic Mania videos are already appearing in my recommended videos on youtube

It's only a matter of time before things get spoiled for me. :urg:

Hope everyone else can enjoy it at least. Looks super fun and I cant wait to play it. . .eventually.

Also, playing Mega Man for the first time. Just beat the infamous Yellow Devil. It was really cool fighting an iconic character

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
How does it rate in terms of difficulty to the original games it takes from? I always find myself making slow progress each time I attempt a new Classic Sonic game (except for CD). Sonic 3/Knuckles has always plagued me for the longest time, and I have yet to complete a full set of Special Stages.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
All that know is that Sonic Lost World was quite hard with its later stages, and they were main story stages as well. I can't tell you how many times I've lost lives on just a single stage in that game.

Gundam series seems to be great for screencaps.

All that know is that Sonic Lost World was quite hard with its later stages, and they were main story stages as well. I can't tell you how many times I've lost lives on just a single stage in that game.
Lost World is probably the sonic game im most interested in playing after Colors. While Colors is almost entirely because I assume it will be fun, Lost World has a super weird reputations. It has some people who love it, and a lot that hate it, but you can never be too sure how legitimate the complaints are because it's a sonic game. The game looks fun from what little gameplay ive seen, but it has some very loud critics and opinion seems to be souring more and more towards it. Shame I have to play through the entire damn series to get to it, but i'm sure ill still have some excitement by then.

Also Persona 4 is fun

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Lost World is probably the sonic game im most interested in playing after Colors. While Colors is almost entirely because I assume it will be fun, Lost World has a super weird reputations. It has some people who love it, and a lot that hate it, but you can never be too sure how legitimate the complaints are because it's a sonic game. The game looks fun from what little gameplay ive seen, but it has some very loud critics and opinion seems to be souring more and more towards it. Shame I have to play through the entire damn series to get to it, but i'm sure ill still have some excitement by then.

Also Persona 4 is fun
You do need a lot of perseverance if you hope to get all the Red Rings though. There have been stages where I couldn't acquire even one Red Ring, all thanks to their overall difficulty alone.

Played some smash at a friend's house. :4sonic: is actually surprisingly fun and will probably be a secondary as well, and I improved my :4marth: and :4cloud: so that's nice.

Hey look, I did a thing. This is why I was giving so few details about some of the Sonic games I was playing towards the end. Because I wanted it to all be here :p

Last edited:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
How does it rate in terms of difficulty to the original games it takes from? I always find myself making slow progress each time I attempt a new Classic Sonic game (except for CD). Sonic 3/Knuckles has always plagued me for the longest time, and I have yet to complete a full set of Special Stages.
On par or slightly easier than 3&K, hmm not sure overall it's been a while. I would say at least on par.

Sonic CD is by far way easier than Mania.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
In other news, I became a DeviantArt member a few days ago. My favorites list sure has been growing with the amount of images that I've encountered.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Hey this thread is still here... and even deader....
Yay.........

Persona has become my life recently.

Hey this thread is still here... and even deader....
Yay.........

Persona has become my life recently.
Dude same. Been playing Persona 4 and playing it while watching Zeta Gundam was giving me a sever case of emotional whiplash. Hell, I think im pretty far now too.

Im at Nanako's Heaven. I think im on floor 6 or something. So much crazy **** happening at once.

Im not sure i'll be able to handle P3 after P4 has wrecked me so hard, but I want to play it before 5, since 5 apparently is filled with QoL changes. and im hoping for a switch port.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
I'm here to take your heart
I never saw this coming.
Dude same. Been playing Persona 4 and playing it while watching Zeta Gundam was giving me a sever case of emotional whiplash. Hell, I think im pretty far now too.

Im at Nanako's Heaven. I think im on floor 6 or something. So much crazy **** happening at once.

Im not sure i'll be able to handle P3 after P4 has wrecked me so hard, but I want to play it before 5, since 5 apparently is filled with QoL changes. and im hoping for a switch port.
If you're scared play P3Portable. The ability to issue direct commands for your party members make it much less frustrating.
IMO Portable is easier than 4. I'm getting kicked up and down the bathhouse by the garbage Wondrous Maguses and the weakness-free enemies whereas my time with 3 is far smoother and so far I think it's also the better game.
Also the Contrarian King is the worst excuse for a ""hard" boss" I've ever seen.

I never saw this coming.

If you're scared play P3Portable. The ability to issue direct commands for your party members make it much less frustrating.
IMO Portable is easier than 4. I'm getting kicked up and down the bathhouse by the garbage Wondrous Maguses and the weakness-free enemies whereas my time with 3 is far smoother and so far I think it's also the better game.
Also the Contrarian King is the worst excuse for a ""hard" boss" I've ever seen.
the bathouse boss is so poorly designed and i hate him. Thankfully, it's just a small bump in the road. Don't remember having any trouble with the actual bathhouse itself or the bonus enemy. Maybe i just had the right Persina by coincidence

P3FES is the only game i'll have access to because it's the only one on the PS3 PS store so i sont really have a choice what game kicks my ass.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
the bathouse boss is so poorly designed and i hate him. Thankfully, it's just a small bump in the road. Don't remember having any trouble with the actual bathhouse itself or the bonus enemy. Maybe i just had the right Persina by coincidence

P3FES is the only game i'll have access to because it's the only one on the PS3 PS store so i sont really have a choice what game kicks my ***.
I was one Bufu cast away from killing the king then he used Rampage, which despite me having Eligor equipped (phys resistant Persona) he instakilled Yu from 211 HP.
EXCELLENT BOSS DESIGN. One boss which is an useless, sized up enemy with a weak arsenal save for one move which is randomly used that instakills the entire party.
What were your thoughts on the castle's last boss?

Top Bottom