• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash Wii U/3DS Social 7.0

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I need to get around to Breath of the Wild DLC, that said yeah nothing really planned for this fourth of July.
I never did purchase the Expansion Pass for my Wii U version. And since DLC Pack 1 uses over 3 GB of Wii U storage, I'd hate to think how much memory DLC Pack 2 will need.

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
Let me guess, the Tigers started doing better?

Joking aside, I do have plans. Me and my wife are in Los Angeles this week. I'm actually taking her to see a Dodgers game on the 4th since that's her favorite team.
Glad to see you've gotten married, Jason! Congratulations!

Also, on an unrelated note:
Shovel Knight's also coming alongside her, for those interested!

jarbAin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4124-6082-4371
It's been quite a while since I last posted. (I've probably said this on my last ten posts already, but gotta keep the consistency up, right?)

I didn't get anything from the steam sale, but instead found new interest for Nuclear Throne and Rivals of Aether. I have also been playing some Metroid Prime, And It's great! The trilogy is only 20€ on eshop, which is really great price for three quality games.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Blaster Master looks really fun, but I can't bring myself to buy it just yet, not until I've beaten the original (stupid limited continues...). I wonder who did the new artwork for Shantae, she looks amazing.

Hopefully Inti Creates has been given access to the entire Sunsoft IP library. Reboots of Gimmick!, Journey to Silius, Hebereke/Uforia, or even a new Batman platformer would be pure hype.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Adding Shantae to the Blaster Master Zero was what sealed the deal for me to pick the game up.

I just LOVE the extra details they gave when playing as Shantae.
Not only can she transform into a monkey and elephant, but also a Blaster Master mutant!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Nowadays, I've still been playing around with my Giga Bowser moveset hack, and made some additional adjustments along the way, including a big one for his d-throw.
Code:
ThrowLw
	Throw_Specifier(ID=0x0, Bone=0x0, Damage=0, Angle=0x10E, KBG=0x64, WBKB=0xC, BKB=0x0, Effect?=0x0, Unknown=1, Unknown=0, Unknown=1, Unknown=0x0, SFX?=0x0, Ground/Air=0x3, Unknown=0x1, Unknown=0x1, Type?=0x0)
	Throw_Specifier(ID=0x1, Bone=0x0, Damage=3, Angle=0x169, KBG=0x64, WBKB=0x0, BKB=0x28, Effect?=0x0, Unknown=1, Unknown=0, Unknown=1, Unknown=0x0, SFX?=0x0, Ground/Air=0x3, Unknown=0x1, Unknown=0x1, Type?=0x0)
	Asynchronous_Timer(Frames=44)
	Throw_Applier(ID=0x0, Bone=0x1A, Unknown=0x11000005, Unknown=0x11000006, Unknown=0x11000007)
	Asynchronous_Timer(Frames=45)
	Hitbox(ID=0x0, Part=0x0, Bone=0x0, Damage=30, Angle=0x0, KBG=0xC, WBKB=0x0, BKB=0x50, Size=15, X=0, Y=0, Z=50, Effect=0xB, Trip=0, Hitlag=0, SDI=0, Clang=0x0, Rebound=0x0, ShieldDamage=0x14, SFXLevel=0x2, SFX=0x2, Ground/Air=0x3, Direct/Indirect=0x1, Type=0x0)
	Hitbox(ID=0x1, Part=0x0, Bone=0x0, Damage=30, Angle=0x0, KBG=0xC, WBKB=0x0, BKB=0x50, Size=15, X=0, Y=0, Z=35, Effect=0xB, Trip=0, Hitlag=0, SDI=0, Clang=0x0, Rebound=0x0, ShieldDamage=0x14, SFXLevel=0x2, SFX=0x2, Ground/Air=0x3, Direct/Indirect=0x1, Type=0x0)
	Hitbox(ID=0x2, Part=0x0, Bone=0x0, Damage=30, Angle=0x0, KBG=0xC, WBKB=0x0, BKB=0x50, Size=15, X=0, Y=0, Z=10, Effect=0xB, Trip=0, Hitlag=0, SDI=0, Clang=0x0, Rebound=0x0, ShieldDamage=0x14, SFXLevel=0x2, SFX=0x2, Ground/Air=0x3, Direct/Indirect=0x1, Type=0x0)
	Hitbox(ID=0x3, Part=0x0, Bone=0x0, Damage=30, Angle=0x0, KBG=0xC, WBKB=0x0, BKB=0x50, Size=15, X=0, Y=0, Z=-5, Effect=0xB, Trip=0, Hitlag=0, SDI=0, Clang=0x0, Rebound=0x0, ShieldDamage=0x14, SFXLevel=0x2, SFX=0x2, Ground/Air=0x3, Direct/Indirect=0x1, Type=0x0)
	Synchronous_Timer(Frames=3)
	Remove_All_Hitboxes()
	Asynchronous_Timer(Frames=66)
	Script_End()
The script above basically has Giga Bowser releasing his grabbed target one frame before his body slam, ensuring that it will bury the grabbed fighter (unless there's no ground to bury with). However, I spotted an odd anomaly while testing out the modification...

D-throw Bury

Mario: Yes
Luigi: Yes
Peach: Yes
Bowser: Yes
Yoshi: Yes
Rosalina: Yes
Bowser Jr.: Yes (takes 34.5% damage)
Wario: Yes
Donkey Kong: Yes
Diddy Kong: Yes
Mr. Game & Watch: Yes
Little Mac: Yes
Link: Yes
Zelda: Yes
Sheik: Yes
Ganondorf: Yes
Toon Link: Yes
Samus: Yes
Zero Suit Samus: Yes
Pit: Yes
Palutena: Yes
Marth: Yes
Ike: Yes
Robin: Yes
Duck Hunt: Yes
Kirby: Yes
King Dedede: Yes
Meta Knight: Yes
Fox: Yes
Falco: Yes
Pikachu: Yes
Charizard: Yes
Lucario: Yes
Jigglypuff: Yes
Greninja: Yes

R.O.B.: No
Ness: Yes
Captain Falcon: Yes
Villager: Yes
Olimar: Yes
Wii Fit Trainer: Yes
Shulk: Yes
Dr. Mario: Yes
Dark Pit: Yes
Lucina: Yes
PAC-MAN: Yes
Mega Man: Yes
Sonic: Yes
Mewtwo: Yes
Roy: Yes
Cloud: Yes
Corrin: Yes
Mii Brawler: Yes
Mii Swordfighter: Yes
Mii Gunner: Yes

For some strange reason, the d-throw failed to bury R.O.B. whenever he's the grabbed target. Even when he's set to 1.7x-size, the d-throw never buries R.O.B.. And yet, the d-throw does bury any bystanding R.O.B.s who are in the crossfire.

R.O.B. must have some sort of gift on his side, since everyone else that I've tested (excluding Lucas, Ryu, and Bayonetta, whom I do not have) all got buried whenever they're the grabbed targets.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Just got back from Spiderman. It's definitely Marvel's take on the "slice of life" genre, and for what it is, I think they did a good job with how down to earth it is. The Vulture is easily the best villain since Loki (not that Ultron/Ego weren't fun). It doesn't really set up for future films, but it is chalk full of references that diehards will love. It also brings a nice closure to some minor IronMan trilogy plot points.

My only real complaint is the lack of humor from Spiderman himself; they/Holland did a great job of portraying him as a kid superhero but I think they did it too well that it took away from his charmingly cocky self. Not sure why Zendaya's casting bothers everyone. It's probably 10th~12th out of 16 thus far in terms of the MCU IMO.

The theater I went to accidentally began playing The Mummy shortly after I sat down. As an apology we were given a coupon for free popcorn. ;)

D

Deleted member

I never did purchase the Expansion Pass for my Wii U version. And since DLC Pack 1 uses over 3 GB of Wii U storage, I'd hate to think how much memory DLC Pack 2 will need.
I haven't downloaded it yet. It's mostly because of the file size. I actually thought about restarting the entire game on Nintendo Switch, just because its version of DLC Pack 1 is much more compressed in terms of size, but that didn't pan out. It's a huge game, so it's not worth doing so.

In other news, I've played the Splatoon 2 Splatfest World Premiere demo (just like everyone else owning a Nintendo Switch system). It lasted for four hours and well, it's still the same addicting gameplay as the first game, so that's cool. There's not much else I can say about it, but I'm getting the full version day one.

Last edited by a moderator:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Just got back from Spiderman. It's definitely Marvel's take on the "slice of life" genre, and for what it is, I think they did a good job with how down to earth it is. The Vulture is easily the best villain since Loki (not that Ultron/Ego weren't fun). It doesn't really set up for future films, but it is chalk full of references that diehards will love. It also brings a nice closure to some minor IronMan trilogy plot points.

My only real complaint is the lack of humor from Spiderman himself; they/Holland did a great job of portraying him as a kid superhero but I think they did it too well that it took away from his charmingly cocky self. Not sure why Zendaya's casting bothers everyone. It's probably 10th~12th out of 16 thus far in terms of the MCU IMO.

The theater I went to accidentally began playing The Mummy shortly after I sat down. As an apology we were given a coupon for free popcorn. ;)
I thought it was one of the weaker marvel movies but still might be the best Spider-Man movie or at least one of the better ones.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I've been quite busy with setting up a moveset hack today. Over a year ago, I made some adjustments to Palutena's moveset, but with Smash Forge and FITX being a thing in the Smash Wii U hacking world now, I decided to redo my moveset hack in an effort to make Palutena more efficient than the way the developers handled her.

However, the testing process will take a while, as I do want to make sure that my adjustments to Palutena aren't too powerful. And this also applies to her special moves.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
YO WHAT'S UP PEOPLE? IT'S YA BOI, ROCKET RACCOON! TODAY IS THE DAY I JOINED SMASHBOARDS 4 YEARS AGO! THAT'S RIGHT! 4 YEARS AGO! 4 YEARS AGO I WAS GOING INTO 8TH GRADE AND IT WAS MY LAST YEAR AT THE SCHOOL I WENT TO! NOW IT'S THE SAME DEAL HERE! I'M IN 12TH GRADE AND ITS THE LAST YEAR AT MY HIGH SCHOOL! CRACK OPEN A COLD ONE BECAUSE DRINKS ARE ON ME!*

*(Due to drinking age laws, I can only provide water.)

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
YO WHAT'S UP PEOPLE? IT'S YA BOI, ROCKET RACCOON! TODAY IS THE DAY I JOINED SMASHBOARDS 4 YEARS AGO! THAT'S RIGHT! 4 YEARS AGO! 4 YEARS AGO I WAS GOING INTO 8TH GRADE AND IT WAS MY LAST YEAR AT THE SCHOOL I WENT TO! NOW IT'S THE SAME DEAL HERE! I'M IN 12TH GRADE AND ITS THE LAST YEAR AT MY HIGH SCHOOL! CRACK OPEN A COLD ONE BECAUSE DRINKS ARE ON ME!*

Smashboards definitely got me through some tough years of my life (College). Senior Year of High School is simply the best, though it can be daunting as you'll need to start planning for your future. ;)

Rocket Raccoon

Writing Team
Smashboards definitely got me through some tough years of my life (College). Senior Year of High School is simply the best, though it can be daunting as you'll need to start planning for your future. ;)
I hope senior year will be fun. What really bothers me is that I have to quit my summer job now and that means no income until December. I got to figure out a budget and all but that takes commitment and disciplined and responsiblilty. That's just ew...

Last edited:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352

Needs more Raccoons involved in such a celebration.

Going to use up this thread's "one post per day" limit :troll:
this definitely has nothing to do with talk about this place's history in Nintenzone

3DS is definitely a step in Nintendo's plan for world domination. Even right now so late in the system's lifespan, i'm playing FE SoV, Blaster Master Zero, AND Kirby Robobot.

While the first two are fun (highly recommend BSZ) I guess I wanna say a few things about :4kirby:

Game is ****ing fun. Even the water world I just played is fun. Hell, i've played like 6 Kirby games and this is the first one i've enjoyed since Super Star Ultra. . .which was the only other one i've enjoyed. So this game being great makes me feel good.

Whole game has cool concepts (waddle Dee traffic is literally the best) but 3-5 is particularly beautiful

Underwater City Kreygasm

This is also the first time I noticed that :4ryu: and Fighter Kirby are the same thing.
Headband
Hadouken, Shoryuouken, Tatsumaki
and the smash importance, hold down the attack button to get a Heavy attack. Smash Ryu and Fighter kirby work the exact same way. Crazy.

After just clearing world 3 you meet
Susie. I was 100% sure she would join you at the the beginning and betray you at the end. I'm shocked she starts out right off the bat trying to kill you, but that's refreshing I suppose

And music because why not.

Also played Sonic 2 and 3&K last week. A+ games and im a sonic fan now

Prometheus16

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4141-4106-0923
Yeah, everyone always says that High School sucks, but I liked my high school years quite a bit.

Ah, but after High school, it only goes on with college.

What, no soda?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Sonic 3&K is still my favorite in the series, closest runner ups would be Sonic Generations and Sonic 2.

Pretty sure Sonic Mania will be very good since they are not trying to reinvent Sonic again.

Rocket Raccoon

Writing Team
Sonic 3&K is still my favorite in the series, closest runner ups would be Sonic Generations and Sonic 2.

Pretty sure Sonic Mania will be very good since they are not trying to reinvent Sonic again.
Sonic Forces to look alright. I heard the Infinite theme was cool.

Have you gotten to Sonic Adventure 2 yet?
Nah im still playing SA1.

Just finished Knuckles story yesterday, and going to try and fly through Amy and E102's story. lol Big

Will try and get to SA2 ASAP though since it's so beloved and all that. After that I'll probably take a break before I completely burn myself out from Sonic.

S3&K definitely is the best from content (so many levels) but I had levels I didnt like, compared to Sonic 2 where I liked or loved every level.

Im just glad I enjoyed them. I played Sonic 1 way back when it came with Generations and though it was terrible. Then tried it again because of Sonic Forever and now I have a Sonic Avi on discord, have played through 3 games already and am almost done with a 4th. . . Happy to be a fan of another series. especaily when 2 cool looking games are being released for Switch

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Yeah, everyone always says that High School sucks, but I liked my high school years quite a bit.
It was mostly mixed for me until Senior Year. By then you know how the game works, have a large selection of electives you can choose from, less testing, favorite teachers, and have a greater social standing, etc.

High School builds character more than anything IMO.

Rocket Raccoon

Writing Team
tfw school is starting back and you have Melee, Soul Caliber II, and Metroid Prime you all want to play but can't because state law

On the bright side, I have to go to school for 3 hours and 20 minutes.

Ahh yes, the worst of laws. I feel the pain

Although I didn't really feel it today. Went to an amusement park. Wound up getting nauseous after just 2 rides, but after a bit I was able to get back on rides.

Went on the tallest roller coaster in the world. Scared the crap out of me before I got on, but it was fun. Of course now im tired and worn out lol. May have broken my neck on another ride. . .hurt like hell. But the other rides were exciting so im pretty good.

Fun day

EDIT beat Sonic Adventure. 4th sonic game i've beat this month. Cool to have a new series to be a fan of.

Game was ok I guess. Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles were fun, while the rest were pretty boring (albeit short so I dont really mind). Game has aged like milk. Presentation is particularly bad, and some things are just annoying. Camera and stuff like the autorun sections always leaning to the side for some reason are pretty annoying.

All in all i give it an "average" out of 10.

next will be SA2, whenever I get to that.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The Sonic series has very strong high but for almost every high there is almost something just and equally bad.
I've seen at least one video that states that Big is the worst hero ever in the Sonic series. Sure, his fishing stages in Sonic Adventure can end up being frustrating at times, especially for the harder missions, but at least he actually does more than mere fishing in Sonic Heroes.

KH3 is hype

Started Sonic Adventure 2. City Escape is such a great/cheesy song.

Sonic's levels and Knuckles levels have been fine, but man I really don't like the Tails levels. . .which is unfortunately exactly what I expected.

Although 2 out of 3 aint bad. In fact, El Tigre told me 1 out of 3 aint bad (one hell of an obscure reference there. . .)

Game gives abslutely no attempts to try and be consistent and have any kind of story, and the animations and voice acting are hillarious. Gameply is good though so im not hating it.

Might not be able to play until Friday, but the Aquatic Mine is next.

I've seen at least one video that states that Big is the worst hero ever in the Sonic series. Sure, his fishing stages in Sonic Adventure can end up being frustrating at times, especially for the harder missions, but at least he actually does more than mere fishing in Sonic Heroes.
I mean. . .who else is there? Pretty much everyone does something in Heroes so the only option is to base them on appearances outside of it. And unless you want to start counting more obscure appearances or obscure characters you kind get stuck with Big or maybe Amy or Cream.

The memes are good though :p

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I mean. . .who else is there? Pretty much everyone does something in Heroes so the only option is to base them on appearances outside of it. And unless you want to start counting more obscure appearances or obscure characters you kind get stuck with Big or maybe Amy or Cream.

The memes are good though :p
Amusingly, another video that I've watched suggested that the worst Sonic character ever is actually Lyric, and he even got the worst villain treatment as well. And considering how poor the Sonic Boom spin-off is, Lyric definitely feels like a forgetful villain.

Of course, some people may argue that the Deadly Six are even more obscure than Lyric, and Zavok's presence in Sonic Forces kind of adds insult to injury. However, the Deadly Six have been known to do things that even Dr. Eggman would never attempt, such as committing genocide.

Amberloo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sashaloo
3DS FC
1203-9998-9799
Went from what is basically one of the worst smartphones out there (more like a dumb phone am I right dur hur) to basically the best budget smart phone you can get (Galaxy Luna). It's sooooo nice to have a phone that doesn't freeze all the time, doesn't randomly go from 78% battery to 3%, and can actually handle having more than a few apps on it. Plus the grip is way nicer- my previous phone's corners weren't rounded, which made it annoying to hold for extended amounts of time. I also finally get to play Super Mario Run! And I didn't even have to really pay for the full version, so that's really nice too. :p

Anyway, the only 3D Sonic I've really played is Generations (and I guess the Lost World demo if that counts), so I'm not really able to speak much on any of them. That's fine for me though, Sonic Mania in less than a month aaaaaaaa

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I just learned that Abigail is voice by Xander Mobus.

*insert very confused person gif here*

Like, wat. :bowsermelee:

Work is starting to make me hate certain songs

There are some songs I still love to hear like September or pretty much any Michael Jackson songs, but if I hear Lucky Star one more time im going to scream

One year of hearing the same songs over and over again every day. . .why.
Get some new material!

like Gorillaz

Last edited:

Amberloo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sashaloo
3DS FC
1203-9998-9799
Work is starting to make me hate certain songs

There are some songs I still love to hear like September or pretty much any Michael Jackson songs, but if I hear Lucky Star one more time im going to scream

One year of hearing the same songs over and over again every day. . .why.
Get some new material!

like Gorillaz
I had a day at one of my old jobs where I think American Pie came on at least 4 times in a single shift. I was soooooo tired of it.

Top Bottom