• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash Wii U/3DS Social 7.0

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It has been a while since I brought up some Breath of the Wild information, but I was recently able to pin down the top 5 spears in the game...
Weapon | Damage | Durability | Damage * Durability
Ancient Spear (Ancient Proficiency) | 54 | 50 | 2,700
Lightscale Trident | 22 | 70 | 1,540
Ancient Spear | 30 | 50 | 1,500
Savage Lynel Spear | 30 | 45 | 1,350
Royal Halberd | 26 | 50 | 1,300
Flamespear | 24 | 50 | 1,200
With Ancient Proficiency, the Ancient Spear is pretty much the strongest spear in the game, surpassing even the Lightscale Trident's overall damage output.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Super Smash Flash 2 Beta is out. I haven't played it yet.
Tried to pull out the Master Sword. I haven't collected enough heart containers yet.
I've applied for a job at Mcallister's. I haven't heard back from the manager yet.

The suspense is killing me.
Yes or no question: Is the minimum number of hearts required to pull out the Master Sword?

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
I seriously need to get back to playing SSF2. Me and my brother loved playing the earlier versions when we were younger.
Super Smash Flash 2 Beta is out. I haven't played it yet.
Tried to pull out the Master Sword. I haven't collected enough heart containers yet.
I've applied for a job at Mcallister's. I haven't heard back from the manager yet.

The suspense is killing me.
Yes or no question: Is the minimum number of hearts required to pull out the Master Sword?
Looking at your sig, I can't believe I ran into another aspiring voice actor on here.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
I seriously need to get back to playing SSF2. Me and my brother loved playing the earlier versions when we were younger.

Looking at your sig, I can't believe I ran into another aspiring voice actor on here.
Heh heh, I take it you are one as well? This sig is pretty old since I haven't bothered to update it yet. I'm not auditioning for more roles since, well, I'm busy enough for this year. (I won't turn down requests, though :starman: )

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It's about that time I made another yearly check-in. Or semi-yearly.
I got the Beta for SSF2, and I like it. But I distanced from the actual Smash games, though.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Lately I've been wondering if it'll ever be possible to add new commands onto a fighter's script data. For one example, modifying Giga Bowser's Flying Slam so that it can deal collateral damage to opponents, just like with Bowser's Flying Slam.

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
Heh heh, I take it you are one as well? This sig is pretty old since I haven't bothered to update it yet. I'm not auditioning for more roles since, well, I'm busy enough for this year. (I won't turn down requests, though :starman: )
Well, I got a microphone to use, but I still need to work out issues like finding a nice place to record, finding a way to get rid of background noise when I record, and finding my range. So in short, I'm a total newbie. And I need advice.:ohwell:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I moved to a new room closer to work.

It's just a 20 minute drive from here to work.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I've recently been working on a moveset edit concept that I hope to implement some day.

GigaBowser-FlyingSlam-Collateral.png

This concept basically adds collateral damage hitboxes onto the SpecialSFall portion of Giga Bowser's Flying Slam. At the moment though, you can only modify already existing commands, but I'm hoping that we'll eventually be able to create new commands from scratch. After all, it seems quite dumb how Bowser's Flying Slam can deal collateral damage, and yet Giga Bowser can't do that with his Flying Slam.

I've recently been working on a moveset edit concept that I hope to implement some day.

View attachment 130439

This concept basically adds collateral damage hitboxes onto the SpecialSFall portion of Giga Bowser's Flying Slam. At the moment though, you can only modify already existing commands, but I'm hoping that we'll eventually be able to create new commands from scratch. After all, it seems quite dumb how Bowser's Flying Slam can deal collateral damage, and yet Giga Bowser can't do that with his Flying Slam.
I'vr noticed you mention giga bowser fairly often.

Any particular reason?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'vr noticed you mention giga bowser fairly often.

Any particular reason?
I'm just trying to make Giga Bowser a more efficient Final Smash fighter. The way he's normally set up is underwhelming, especially in Brawl, and you can actually make KOs much sooner with a Bowser who acquired a Super Mushroom; that pretty much means that you're getting a better reward if Bowser picks up a Super Mushroom, instead of a Smash Ball.

With my modifications, Giga Bowser can actually be worth using over a Bowser who acquires a Super Mushroom. However, it's not fully complete until I can finally give his Flying Slam collateral damage properties. And so far, moveset hacking has not advanced far enough in that we can create new commands from scratch; all we can do now is modify already existing commands.

Anyway, I'm sorry if I'm being too obsessed with Giga Bowser during the past set of months, but he has just felt inferior when compared to the other Final Smash fighters. Giga Mac and Mega Lucario are both handled correctly, as they're both designed to deal heavy damage with a single blow; Giga Mac deals 2x more damage than Little Mac, while Mega Lucario always deals maximum damage with its aura elemental attacks. As for Wario-Man, instead of dealing heavy damage with one attack, his insane off-stage performance is his greatest strength.

Last edited:

jarbAin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4124-6082-4371
I wonder if Nintendo really has something against competitive Smash, since they did that Nintendo versus thing, but Smash was not among the first things they announced. (Probably it was just a thing to market the new games, at least a the start, but still.)
I think it is silly from Nintendo to not support Smash, and even more so now that they actually did a thing that supports some competitive gaming.

And to possibly spark a little conversation, What do you guys think Nintendo Versus will become with time? Possibly a great thing to support the scenes for Nintendo games, or perhaps an overly protective mother that limits the growth of the games by its own stubbornness?

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I wonder if Nintendo really has something against competitive Smash, since they did that Nintendo versus thing, but Smash was not among the first things they announced. (Probably it was just a thing to market the new games, at least a the start, but still.)
I think it is silly from Nintendo to not support Smash, and even more so now that they actually did a thing that supports some competitive gaming.

And to possibly spark a little conversation, What do you guys think Nintendo Versus will become with time? Possibly a great thing to support the scenes for Nintendo games, or perhaps an overly protective mother that limits the growth of the games by its own stubbornness?
There's a big red space in the Nintendo VS promo image; the popular bet is that Smash Switch will take that space after E3.

Smash Bros. at E3 still feels like a longshot for me, but hey, it is a perfect time to announce it.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
The way he's normally set up is underwhelming, especially in Brawl
I find Giga Bowser to be more threatening in Brawl than in Smash 4 because of his longer timer. It's very easy to just run away from him until he transforms back in Smash 4.
Giga Mac and Mega Lucario are both handled correctly,
I think Mega Lucario is incredibly underwhelming. The idea of having access to boosted Aura levels for a little bit is cool, but much like Giga Bowser, Mega Lucario's transformation time is way too short, and he's not a full-stage presence like the former is, making escaping him even easier. And what's worse, you can actually shorten his evolution even further by just hitting him, which is a weakness that Giga Bowser does not have.

If they're going to make Mega Lucario such a short Final Smash, then I think it would be fair to make him stronger. Right now he has power equal to Lucario at Max Aura, so why not take it even further and make him even stronger than that? Or increase the time he stays transformed by maybe five more seconds. Something to make the Final Smash a little more useful.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I find Giga Bowser to be more threatening in Brawl than in Smash 4 because of his longer timer. It's very easy to just run away from him until he transforms back in Smash 4.
That can be debatable, as his smash attacks aren't that efficient at making quick KOs, especially in Cruel Brawl. This is most notable with the f-smash, as its knockback statistics are just pathetic (5 BKB + 60 KBG); it hardly sends anyone flying at low damage.

The main thing to keep in mind though, is that even with my buffs to Giga Bowser, whenever Giga Bowser does KO you, you can just stay on the revival platform as long as possible to kill some time off the transformation duration; that will basically give Giga Bowser less time to take advantage of his attacks.

And speaking of buffs...

gigabowserattackbuff12.jpg

Thanks to FITX, a moveset editing tool created by Sammi Husky, I was finally able to make Giga Bowser's Flying Slam deal collateral damage. Obviously, because of his size, the collateral damage would have to be greater than that of Bowser's Flying Slam.

I think Mega Lucario is incredibly underwhelming. The idea of having access to boosted Aura levels for a little bit is cool, but much like Giga Bowser, Mega Lucario's transformation time is way too short, and he's not a full-stage presence like the former is, making escaping him even easier. And what's worse, you can actually shorten his evolution even further by just hitting him, which is a weakness that Giga Bowser does not have.

If they're going to make Mega Lucario such a short Final Smash, then I think it would be fair to make him stronger. Right now he has power equal to Lucario at Max Aura, so why not take it even further and make him even stronger than that? Or increase the time he stays transformed by maybe five more seconds. Something to make the Final Smash a little more useful.
I did alter the aura mechanics for Lucario and Mega Lucario. In the case of Mega Lucario, my mechanic edits enable its aura attacks to always deal 2x their normal damage, and that gets increased to 3.12x if it manages to acquire a Super Mushroom.

AuraTable.png

The damage multiplier never goes below 0.7x, but it can potentially go up to 2x if Lucario is trailing a match. However, the damage multiplier will always be 2x for Mega Lucario, regardless of its current damage.

But even then, I did increase Mega Lucario's duration (along with all the other transformation Final Smashes) to 20 seconds as well. At least Mega Lucario is impervious to flinching, so it doesn't have to worry about its attacks getting interrupted by any bold fighters.

Last edited:

jarbAin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4124-6082-4371
STEP UP YOUR GAME, GUYS!

IT'S E3, NINTENDO JUST ANNOUNCED METROID PRIME 4, AND YOU SIT HERE DOING AND SAYING NOTHING!

Yes, it's been a long time since any activity here.

But anyways, I haven't been following E3 too closely, since I don't really want any serious FPS games, RPGs with excess usage of color grey, or a racing game, and I just believe that that's what the other guys there are going to give us, so I haven't been following too closely.

I really liked Nintendo's games so far. I'm pretty sure that I'd like Metroid Prime 4, since I am really fond of metroidvanias. (I actually haven't played too much of the metroid prime games, But I should probably get them from eshop for the wii someday, since I did enjoy the few hours I played it.)

And Super Mario Odyssey. The trailers are candy for the eyes. So sweet and so beautiful. And when I watched the gameplay session, I was sure that it really was the 3D open world platformer with bright colors that I have been searching for too long. I may have to get Nintendo Switch for it. It looks perfect, really. I just can't tell how much I love the game already.

And then about the other games. They looks pretty cool, kind of like the numerous games before them, they go to the list of games that I would buy if I had a bigger budget for games, but alas, I don't, so I have to miss out on them for now. Especially the Mario RPG with rabbids looks nice, and also Kirby.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I can't believe it but Nintendo got me to rewatch a 40 second video of... a logo.

Don't know when we'll actually see some of Metroid Prime 4 but I can't wait!

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352

Might be early for them to do this.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
So it seems that the Nintendo Badge Arcade will be concluding its new badge distribution on 6/22 for North America. There are still a good number of Pokemon badges left to acquire though, and I have a feeling that tomorrow will be releasing the next set of Pokemon Pixel badge sets.

Prometheus16

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4141-4106-0923
So it seems that the Nintendo Badge Arcade will be concluding its new badge distribution on 6/22 for North America. There are still a good number of Pokemon badges left to acquire though, and I have a feeling that tomorrow will be releasing the next set of Pokemon Pixel badge sets.
I hardly every used that...

Also: is this place still dead?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Just picked up my 150th NES game this week: Batman Return of the Joker. Am getting near the end of my central collection goals,

NES: Bomberman 1/2, Adventure Island 2, Lolo 1/2, Double Dragon 2/3, Battletoads/Double Dragon, Rockin Kats, Ice Climber,
FC: Crisis Force, Splatterhouse, Famicom Wars, King Kong 2, Hammerin Harry 2, Lagrange Point,
FDS: Kaettekita Mario Bros., Vs. Excitebike, Kiki Kaikai,

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
In that case I'd stay away from Hardcore Gaming 101. Over the past couple years that site has tripled my bucket list.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I am looking for older ps1 or ps2 games that never got a re-release, i got a couple I need to work on but needing to get a car + new job have made it a bit harder as of late.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I am looking for older ps1 or ps2 games that never got a re-release, i got a couple I need to work on but needing to get a car + new job have made it a bit harder as of late.
Did Master of Monsters ever get one? Great game, indeed. Very fun and reasonably challenging.

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
I have returned~

Anyway, just aced my biology I course (92% or so!), and I'm currently on quite a Pokémon kick as of late. Good thing I'm still using my Misty avatar, am I right?! (rimshot)

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Cracked my cell phone's screen for the first time last night. My phone still works, but it's really distracting. I can't believe it costs over $100 to get them fixed. I swear that's more than an oil change. >_>

Also had my Ipod glitch out last night. Now I have to redownload the 500 songs I've purchased over the past ten years and re-rip 20+ CDs to my computer... ;_;

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
I wonder why.
As far as I know a lot of regulars left and a new wave of users joined but dont spend much of their Smashboards time on this thread only. I dont know if you were talking about it being empty at the time or overall but I know overall there is not as many posts as there was in other socials. And discord being a thing might have made numbers drop as well. The thing is basically a chat box and the social is as well but the global rules apply meaning you cant post the same way you would in a discord server... which is meant to be a multi-purpose chat box.
I can't believe it but Nintendo got me to rewatch a 40 second video of... a logo.

Don't know when we'll actually see some of Metroid Prime 4 but I can't wait!
I dont even play Metroid but I'd like to see my brother play it. By that i mean I want to watch him. Games i dont usually play but know about I like to watch people play.
Cracked my cell phone's screen for the first time last night. My phone still works, but it's really distracting. I can't believe it costs over $100 to get them fixed. I swear that's more than an oil change. >_>

Also had my Ipod glitch out last night. Now I have to redownload the 500 songs I've purchased over the past ten years and re-rip 20+ CDs to my computer... ;_;
That last part.. i am so sorry :mad088:

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Anyone doing anything for the 4th of July weekend (or weekend for our international users)? Here in Michigan at least, they're reporting a record high in terms of tourism.

That last part.. i am so sorry :mad088:
Ended up working a tad overtime and bought a new Ipod today. It's been 8 years since I've had to buy a new one, so hopefully this one will be worth the investment as well.

Although I'm still re-ripping all of my CDs...only 10 more to go... -_-

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Nothing is on my book for this week. The holiday in question is actually a pretty normal day for me. It'll just be the same old stuff repeating all over again, week after week. In other words, the usual.

Been playing Breath of the Wild on Wii U. Got through all Divine Beasts and got all 13 Memories, so I'm getting the true ending. Though I won't get through Ganon just yet, since I want to check out as many Shrines as I can. And Korok Seeds, too, but they're not really a huge priority for me right now.

And in not-so important news, I got a Nintendo Switch system in early June. Didn't comment about this here, so I'm doing that right now. This is nothing too special, to be honest. The only game I got along with it was Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. It is odd, and ironic indeed, since I had previously stated that the port wasn't worth buying and that I would stick to the Wii U version. Ultimately, this is a gaming system, and so I needed a game to go along with the purchase. Since nothing else came to mind, and I had already settled on playing Breath of the Wild on Wii U, I went with it.

So how are you all doing?

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Anyone doing anything for the 4th of July weekend (or weekend for our international users)? Here in Michigan at least, they're reporting a record high in terms of tourism.
Let me guess, the Tigers started doing better?

Joking aside, I do have plans. Me and my wife are in Los Angeles this week. I'm actually taking her to see a Dodgers game on the 4th since that's her favorite team.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
This just in, a video that shows how to take down a Gold Lynel quickly.

However, this Gold Lynel is using the Flameblade, which is less powerful than the Savage Lynel Sword. As such, you'll have to be very careful against the ones who use Savage Lynel weaponry.

On a side note, a Gold Lynel has 7500 HP, which means that an Ancient Bladesaw would fall short of defeating it when you utilize a three stage attack boost and Ancient Proficiency at the same time; up to 7425 damage if the Ancient Bladesaw has all of its durability points in tact. And of course, enemies in Master Mode do gradually regain HP as time passes.

Top Bottom