• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash Wii U/3DS Social 7.0

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Oh, that anime. Okay.

So make sure when I post a gif to have an ample amount of text accompany it? Is that what you're saying?
Yeah, a good amount. No need to write 1000 of lines to say one thing but make sure that the gif doesn't take too much attention. Or else, a mod might give you a warning if he consider your post as "spam".

Prometheus16

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4141-4106-0923
Yeah, a good amount. No need to write 1000 of lines to say one thing but make sure that the gif doesn't take too much attention. Or else, a mod might give you a warning if he consider your post as "spam".
alright, thanks man.

So is there any reason why this NIntenzone Thread is so full? Did everyone that was here just flee there?

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
Can we talk about Fire Emblem here
IIRC Shadows of Valentia releases in 4 days.
What do you guys think about that? I have heard reception for it has been pretty lukewarm, actually.
I generally wouldn't care about this... but the other two remakes (Shadow Dragon and New Mystery of the Emblem) also got receptions like that and for actually valid reasons. I was always skeptical about this game and that didn't help me.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
alright, thanks man.

So is there any reason why this NIntenzone Thread is so full? Did everyone that was here just flee there?
Well, you see, because of a foolish Samurai Mod wielding a magic hammer wielding a magic sword. This Social Thread losed the Great Space Smash Jam Battle and was forced to give out all of it's member to the NintenZone.

No really, there is no real reason as far as I remember, it just happen. And before everyone realize that, the Social Thread was as empty as a graveyard.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Well, you see, because of a foolish Samurai Mod wielding a magic hammer wielding a magic sword. This Social Thread losed the Great Space Smash Jam Battle and was forced to give out all of it's member to the NintenZone.

No really, there is no real reason as far as I remember, it just happen. And before everyone realize that, the Social Thread was as empty as a graveyard.

The Bluening tho; the wave of premium caused an exodus to the Disco Room, where we could ****post without major limits. After the premiums expired and our Goddess Hong left, the activity got absorbed by Nintenzone due growing speculation of non-Smash games.

What do you guys think about that? I have heard reception for it has been pretty lukewarm, actually.
I generally wouldn't care about this... but the other two remakes (Shadow Dragon and New Mystery of the Emblem) also got receptions like that and for actually valid reasons. I was always skeptical about this game and that didn't help me.
Super excited. Pre-ordered yesterday when I learned of the best buy deal for a $4 :4lucina: amiibo.

I want more FE so i'm pretty much guaranteed to be happy. I'm a little worried about game balance, but from what i've heard there is a lot of positivity about the characters/story and if that's good i probably will be happy with the end result. . .unless my luck/IRL is as bad as it was with FE Fates in which case i'll probably ragequit. :p

Alm's new design is killer

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Anyone know why the ps1 versions of games that are available for like 7.99 - 9.99 on the pan store are still worth like 20-50 dollars?

This baffles me to this day, I'd guess collectors like it but yeah still pretty wow.
I just laugh when I see FFVII cost $100 physical when I bought it for $8 on the PS store.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
alright, thanks man.

It's because I kicked everyone out of the Leaks/Rumors Social Group and moved them to the NintenZone, made an OP, asked Swampasaur to head the thread (I was the bad cop again), and recommended PushDustIn for mod-ship. You can blame a lot of the NintenZone thread on me.

There was a board worth of people posting in that group. 1000+ members, with another couple hundred invites sent; people were joining SWF just so they could join the group learn about the Vannrose leaks to report to Gamefaqs/Reddit/NeoGAF/etc. I was the only Staff member in charge of watching over the Groups board, and having to deal with that many people was impossible nor did it make sense to have a social group that large.

Ironically the Group was made because Leak/Rumor discussion was considered toxic in the Smash 4 General Board.

The Disco Room is the place where most of the older users of this thread, especially those in the PM Group, fled. $ to ****post. ;)

You can blame a lot of the NintenZone thread on me.
I'm going to blame all of it on you.

The **** posts mostly. AKA every one of my posts. And all the other gross stuff people post.

The good stuff I won't blame on you though

when are we getting the smash Switch leaks group dammit
$ to ****post. ;)
Clearly smashboards loses out on this value. We need better business men to get better deals.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
That rumour leaks social group was very active. Much better than the old rumour/leaks thread. That usually ended up being circular discussions going nowhere.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Last edited:
We had a discussion about that in the Staff board, ultimately the admins were in favor of people/a person spending $$$. lol
Basic economics. Why give something for free you can make people pay for.

Note: I have not studied basic economics.

Honestly, I completely understand locking the leas group (it got too rowdy) I really miss it. Sure there was a lot of stupid in the end, but I miss all the fun discussion and of course, the "leaks." Although it may just be rose tinted glasses mixed with a desire for speculation to really kickoff again :chuckle:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
There's no such thing as a community thread without Space Stranger ****ing some **** up lmao

Prometheus16

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4141-4106-0923
Ironically the Group was made because Leak/Rumor discussion was considered toxic in the Smash 4 General Board.
Yo', you hear about that Master Chief Leak? They'll be adding him in the Switch! (I'm sorry)

Realy though, it sounds like your reason for closing it up seemed justified...

Although I won't pretend to fully understand it... (But this isn't a very big part of my life, I just go on here to pass the time.)

So when this thread finally dies, where do you guys think I should go?

Last edited:

jarbAin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4124-6082-4371
Well, I can't refuse, high five brother!

Because you deserve a epic high five.;)
Is that a... JoJo reference?

I have to say that during the time I was away, I have become addicted to jojokes.

And yes, I am still alive, I have just been sleeping. (Inside a coffin, in the bottom of the sea, for about a hundred years.) And woah, this place sure has slowed down, it is almost as if time has stopped. Sure is different compared to the great days, when this place used to be crazy and noisy. Now this place just wants to live a quiet life. But to say this place is dead, that is a lie, as we all know that this place is immortal. Like vampires.

Yes, I like JoJo, and I have started reading part 6 just recently.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
The Bluening tho; the wave of premium caused an exodus to the Disco Room, where we could ****post without major limits. After the premiums expired and our Goddess Hong left, the activity got absorbed by Nintenzone due growing speculation of non-Smash games.
Oh yeah, I remember now.
The Great Bluening, what a terrible event for this thread.
Is that a... JoJo reference?

I have to say that during the time I was away, I have become addicted to jojokes.

And yes, I am still alive, I have just been sleeping. (Inside a coffin, in the bottom of the sea, for about a hundred years.) And woah, this place sure has slowed down, it is almost as if time has stopped. Sure is different compared to the great days, when this place used to be crazy and noisy. Now this place just wants to live a quiet life. But to say this place is dead, that is a lie, as we all know that this place is immortal. Like vampires.

Yes, I like JoJo, and I have started reading part 6 just recently.
No, it's a Berserk reference obviously.

And glad to know! I haven't readed part 6 but I did read part 7.

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
That rumour leaks social group was very active. Much better than the old rumour/leaks thread. That usually ended up being circular discussions going nowhere.
I remember. Good times they were.

I also remember the Miiverse Daily Pic thread being the most lively at the time.

Over 500+ people were in that thread back then.

I truly miss those days.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
And I'm done with college. The results aren't out yet, but I've turned in my final semester's project report and classes are over. I'm glad because I had grown to dislike the subject I had to take, Mechanical Engineering.

....wait, can a site even be run on anything other than a server? I'm not the most tech-savvy person...
No, every site has one or more servers. These servers send the webpage that you see on your browser and accept the data and add it to the page when you make a post.

I'm looking forward to it, though I'm not going to get it Day 1.

The reception has been good I'd say. It managed to sell 80% of the initial shipment. Low compared to Awakening or Fates, but quite good for games in general.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Good luck. :)

And speaking of that, this is how I feel right now. :laugh:
Hahaha taking a page out of @Flight 's book, i see.

In all seriousness, it's not all THAT bad. I still have another season of college football to experience. I may not get to play in the NFL after college like I always dreamed of doing as a kid, but at least I got to play for a good college team.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Honestly I'm most worried about the presentation. I'm still not a fan of the still pictures being used in-game over animated sprites. I can live with 3D battle models but when characters are talking as still-frame cutouts, especially with the increased amount of voiced dialogue and the revamped towns, it looks/feels really awkward. Even the 8-Bit games had animation, and I think that made a huge difference in defining the series with other RPGs at the time.

My other worries would be the smaller/blander maps, but to Gaiden's credit it also means it is easier to pick up and put down. No maps that take forever to complete or are as punishing when you make a mistake and have to restart (granted Mila's Turnwheel could be a game changer). Also grinding. You needed to grind if you wanted to survive later levels, hopefully exp gains are now higher.

Beyond that I'm not too worried, Gaiden I think will be a breath of fresh air for many players. The original game itself was very streamlined to help cutout the limitations of the Famicom/NES that hurt the original game. Also the music is upbeat and catchy, and now fully orchestrated!

The problem with FE11/12 was that they stayed too close to their original games, and when they didn't it was questionable. IS seems to be doing a better job of keeping what made the original game unique like having two armies, dungeons, items, and magic spells, while updating it with gameplay staples of the more recent games such as having characters with personality/actual dialogue, supports and Mila's Turnwheel.

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
Honestly I'm most worried about the presentation. I'm still not a fan of the still pictures being used in-game over animated sprites. I can live with 3D battle models but when characters are talking as still-frame cutouts, especially with the increased amount of voiced dialogue and the revamped towns, it looks/feels really awkward. Even the 8-Bit games had animation, and I think that made a huge difference in defining the series with other RPGs at the time.

My other worries would be the smaller/blander maps, but to Gaiden's credit it also means it is easier to pick up and put down. No maps that take forever to complete or are as punishing when you make a mistake and have to restart (granted Mila's Turnwheel could be a game changer). Also grinding. You needed to grind if you wanted to survive later levels, hopefully exp gains are now higher.

Beyond that I'm not too worried, Gaiden I think will be a breath of fresh air for many players. The original game itself was very streamlined to help cutout the limitations of the Famicom/NES that hurt the original game. Also the music is upbeat and catchy, and now fully orchestrated!

The problem with FE11/12 was that they stayed too close to their original games, and when they didn't it was questionable. IS seems to be doing a better job of keeping what made the original game unique like having two armies, dungeons, items, and magic spells, while updating it with gameplay staples of the more recent games such as having characters with personality/actual dialogue, supports and Mila's Turnwheel.
The fact Hyperdimension Neptunia uses really high quality looking animated portraits and Fire Emblem, a game Nintendo is supposdely trying to take seriously now, doesn't, deeply upsets and worries me.

Shadow Dragon felt like it was literally just the NES game shoved into the DS with updated (crap) graphics and some prologues thrown into it to give some context to people who don't read manuals or follow the lore (SDatBoL just threw you into Chapter 1 with 0 context and backstory. MotE's War of Shadows gave some backstory to what happened at Chapter 1 but not a whole lot). It felt dated on release.
I haven't played New Mystery of the Emblem, but from both of what I heard and saw with my own eyes, it feels like a bit of a repeat of SD in the bad aspects and the story was altered heavily from the original, to the point that I never had anyone not tell me it might be worth finishing the original story and then the remake later so I can see what was "butchered".
Also some of the elitists put the blame on "the state of FE nowadays" starting with that game but I don't want to go down this rabbit hole

I've been skeptical on SoV because looking at the previews and the fact I heard the reception was just alright are making me think they just can't do remakes period.

Prometheus16

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4141-4106-0923
And I'm done with college. The results aren't out yet, but I've turned in my final semester's project report and classes are over. I'm glad because I had grown to dislike the subject I had to take, Mechanical Engineering.

No, every site has one or more servers. These servers send the webpage that you see on your browser and accept the data and add it to the page when you make a post.
I'm still in High School, but I'm getting closer and closer to the end... I hope that I'll make it. I have two projects in two classes and one of those classes I have a C in. So I really hope I do good on it. Every once in a while I get nervous about it since it'll make or break my grade. :scared:

And thanks for the explanation FalKoopa, you are best Waifu I guess? (Is that a running joke or something?)

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm still in High School, but I'm getting closer and closer to the end... I hope that I'll make it. I have two projects in two classes and one of those classes I have a C in. So I really hope I do good on it. Every once in a while I get nervous about it since it'll make or break my grade. :scared:

And thanks for the explanation FalKoopa, you are best Waifu I guess? (Is that a running joke or something?)
Don't worry too much. Although do try for a better grade.

Well, that was a running joke months back. :p

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
The fact Hyperdimension Neptunia uses really high quality looking animated portraits and Fire Emblem, a game Nintendo is supposdely trying to take seriously now, doesn't, deeply upsets and worries me.
Hopefully FE16 does something like that. If it's presentation is too similar to the 3DS games, I'd expect some notable complaints from both reviewers and consumers.

Shadow Dragon felt like it was literally just the NES game shoved into the DS with updated (crap) graphics and some prologues thrown into it to give some context to people who don't read manuals or follow the lore (SDatBoL just threw you into Chapter 1 with 0 context and backstory. MotE's War of Shadows gave some backstory to what happened at Chapter 1 but not a whole lot). It felt dated on release.
More or less. IMO the bigger problem was that you had to kill off characters to access the newer ones. Also not having supports for the most iconic cast in the series is a shame.

With the graphics I enjoyed the sprites and protraits, but I didn't care for the drab color choices. As outdated as the original and Book 1 remake are, they definitely had more charm IMO. I think the game was a letdown more for what it could have been not for what it delivered.

I haven't played New Mystery of the Emblem, but from both of what I heard and saw with my own eyes, it feels like a bit of a repeat of SD in the bad aspects and the story was altered heavily from the original, to the point that I never had anyone not tell me it might be worth finishing the original story and then the remake later so I can see what was "butchered".
Also some of the elitists put the blame on "the state of FE nowadays" starting with that game but I don't want to go down this rabbit hole
It's not everything it could have been but I'd say it's an improvement over FE11. My Unit/Chris I never really thought effected the story, as their role was mostly in the extra chapters that did a decent job in filling in some plotholes. To Chris's credit, they were much more representative of yourself than Robin/Corrin are and the choices given to you in-game, in which there was more than 1 or 2, did have some meaningful effects.

Granted Chris was pretty OP, but I don't really see why it gets the hate it gets. IMO it's a solid remake and Chris is a true "My Unit." I actually came out liking Marth more than I did before in his previous games, I never really saw Chris stealing the spotlight from him unlike Robin did with Chrom/Lucina. I think the charm and sheer length of the original game (2 FE games in one game!) give it value despite having a modern remake, but I wouldn't put it a pedestal (it really wasn't that improved over FE1) nor say it was butchered.

There are some things I would say started in this game that Awakening gets some unneeded flak for, but I wouldn't say it's to blame for the current state of the franchise either.

I've been skeptical on SoV because looking at the previews and the fact I heard the reception was just alright are making me think they just can't do remakes period.
We'll see. If you're not sure yourself then go out and play the original game if you haven't already before making a serious judgement. Import, buy a reproduction, download a patch. Just make sure to play the game on Easy Mode to help speed up EXP grinding. The FE fanbase is way too opinionated and lacking in experience to put much stock into IMO.

If my copy had a working save battery you'd bet I'd be replaying the original ahead of time before Echoes releases. ;)

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
You better change your name to Eng. FalKoopa after that for accuracy :p
Congrats.

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
--- --- What FE games have you played?
I've played every single one besides Thracia, Sacred Stones, New Mystery of the Emblem and Revelations. As for the ones I have finished, well, you can sum that up to just Awakening, PoR, Birthright and Binding Blade.
I have played the original Gaiden for an hour or so and, well, didn't know what to think of it much.
I have a video of me playing FE1 for the very first time on Youtube:
It was very jarring for sure, not a shade of a doubt, but it's still a pretty nice little game. I can see myself liking this even better than the remake because this has excuses to be a bit "shoddy" by today's standards while SD kind of didn't.
I have a video of me playing MotE too:
I actually really liked it. It's pretty charming and the game is fun. The fact that it includes a remake of the original better than the DS remake is also neat and really increases the value of the game imo.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

I've played all the games, including Revelations, and have beaten them all except for the Jugdral games. I've picked up a few artbooks and posters since I took that photo and hope to have the entire series CIB one day.

The earlier games are slow, but it's really hard to hate on them for what they are.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352

Are you saying I can make sonichu? I can make my own fan character that people outside if the fanbase hate?

Honestly I like the idea as much as people are joking that deviantart won.

Last edited:

Prometheus16

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4141-4106-0923
Don't worry too much. Although do try for a better grade.

Well, that was a running joke months back. :p
I always do Falkoopa. To me a C is low, even though it's passing...

I always try to at least get B's...

(A little late) I don't know if I'll get FE Echoes... it looks like all of the "anime&boobs&waifus&fanservice" that seemed like it was in Fates (I didn't get Fates mainly because I saw this was in it) is gone, but I don't know if I'll get it. I have enough stuff going on with school (which will go away soon), but when it goes away I have a D&D campaign to keep making for my players.

Speaking of D&D: has anyone here played it before?

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Are you saying I can make sonichu? I can make my own fan character that people outside if the fanbase hate?

Honestly I like the idea as much as people are joking that deviantart won.
Character customization does look quite interesting. Of course, we'll have to see how far it can go with the ability options.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I just laugh when I see FFVII cost $100 physical when I bought it for $8 on the PS store.
I got the discs and booklet for a total of 20 dollars. Well before it came onto the PSstore. Besides that, I had the case beforehand.

I regret nothing. But I prefer physical copies as options. I only emulate under special conditions(namely if the game would freeze when played on a regular console too often. Or for save states, cause they help).

Top Bottom