• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Nintendo World to open in Universal Studios Japan on February 2021

a481c121-20de-4d65-9feb-1819c93ca09a_SuperNintendoWorldJapan.jpg

On February 4th, 2021, Universal Studios Japan will launch their Super Nintendo World area. Originally, it was going to launch before the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games. Given the delay of the Olympics due to COVID-19, the project was delayed to Spring 2021.

During a private tour, Famitsu was able to check out some of the attractions. These attractions include Mario Kart: Bowser's Challenge, Yoshi's Adventure Ride, and the Power-up-Band Key Challenge. In Bowser's Challenge, competitors will all have augmented reality glasses and compete for first place in a replica of Bowser's castle. In Yoshi's Adventure, park attendees get to ride on kart that looks like Yoshi. For the Power-up Band Key Challenge, attendees will be able to purchase a "Power-Up Band" for ¥ 3,200 (about $30) to search for 3 keys across the area; if all the keys are obtained, the attendee's will be able to fight against Bowser Jr.

For any unable to visit Japan, Orlando was confirmed as the next Super Nintendo World location in 2023. Given COVID-19, this may be delayed

Several press pictures of the park have arrived, and a preview of Mario Kart: Bowser's Challenge with English subtitles can be seen below,

Author's Note: Certainly a time to launch a theme park ride. I'm hoping safety measures are still kept in place well. Hoping to visit Japan one day to check it out for myself. What are your thoughts? Let us know in the comments below!

Last edited:
Lucas "Thirdkoopa" Guimaraes

Comments

View attachment 293337
On February 4th, 2021, Universal Studios Japan will launch their Super Nintendo World area. Originally, it was going to launch before the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games. Given the delay of the Olympics due to COVID-19, the project was delayed to Spring 2021.

During a private tour, Famitsu was able to check out some of the attractions. These attractions include Mario Kart: Bowser's Challenge, Yoshi's Adventure Ride, and the Power-up-Band Key Challenge. In Bowser's Challenge, competitors will all have augmented reality glasses and compete for first place in a replica of Bowser's castle. In Yoshi's Adventure, park attendees get to ride on kart that looks like Yoshi. For the Power-up Band Key Challenge, attendees will be able to purchase a "Power-Up Band" for ¥ 3,200 (about $30) to search for 3 keys across the area; if all the keys are obtained, the attendee's will be able to fight against Bowser Jr.

For any unable to visit Japan, Orlando was confirmed as the next Super Nintendo World location in 2023. Given COVID-19, this may be delayed

Several press pictures of the park have arrived, and a preview of Mario Kart: Bowser's Challenge with English subtitles can be seen below,

Author's Note: Certainly a time to launch a theme park ride. I'm hoping safety measures are still kept in place well. Hoping to visit Japan one day to check it out for myself. What are your thoughts? Let us know in the comments below!
omg I need to go!

open or "open"

Also " For any unable to visit Japan, Orlando was confirmed as the next Super Nintendo World location in 2023. " :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom