• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Nintendo propositions

JaykRPG

Smash Rookie
As a child of the late 80s, I have a strong connection with Super Nintendo. Super Nintendo had many fantastic games by 3rd party developers, among them Capcom, Konami and Square.
After Simon Belmont was announced, my mind raced with possibilities. And now that 3 (or more.... 2nd Challenger pack???) spots are still unknown for DLC, who knows who will come out the gate?
I have put a good amount of thought into some characters I think would make fun additions to Smash Ultimate...so here they are!
Zeke/Julia (2 different skins like Alph and Olimar) from Zombies ate my Neighbors
This was a 3rd person shooter (basically) with many different weapons, 55 super difficult levels and 2 very distinctive playable characters. I think the weapons could be great special and smash attacks. I think the character animations could be unique, and overall they could be very fun to play, like Duck Hunt turned out to be.
For specials I came up with: clown balloon as a block, bazooka as a side special, trampoline as an up special, and weedwacker for neutral, with the water gun as a neutral A attack.

Randi, Popoi, and Purim as a trio (like Pokemon Trainer) from Secret of Mana
This has most likely been proposed many times, but I think this would be a super fun team to play. I came up with a whole list of smash and special attacks that included every elemental and weapon. The game itself is an RPG and is often included on many "best of all time" lists.

Pocky/ Rocky (different skins) from Pocky &Rocky
Another 3rd person shooter type game with many different powerups, including "summons." I think Pocky and Rocky have alot to draw from that could set them apart as interesting characters. They could perhaps have some sort of buff and obviously some sort of spreading long distance attack.

Goemon, Ebisumaru, Sasuke, Yae, in any combination from Gabare Goemon/ Mystical Ninja
These colorful characters have been in many games across the earlier Nintendo platforms. They use a variety of weapons and abilities to complement each other. Who doesn't like ninjas?

I hope this was fun to think about/ read about for you guys!

Oddball

Smash Lord
I'd be all for a Zombies Ate My Neighbors or Goemon character.

jaykthecosplayer

Smash Rookie
I have mentioned all these characters many times in a wishlist scenario!!!! I think Zeke/ Julia would be amazing. Really my top choice. I think Goemon EASILY fits into the roster. SOM heroes would be a dream come true. Pocky/Rocky would definitely be fun. My mind went racing after Simon was announced, too. I also thought a black mage or a chocobo would be fun, too. Or an RPG character like Ryu or Chrono. I've also thought Spike McFang would be suuuuper fun to play as

Oddball

Smash Lord
Or an RPG character like Ryu or Chrono. I've also thought Spike McFang would be suuuuper fun to play as
Given there huge popularity tot he point where they're sometimes even described as being legendary I really don't get why Crono or any of the FF6 characters don't have more support. You'd think their support threadds would be huge the way their games are often brought up as being some of the best RPGs ever (or at least on the SNES.)

As for overlooked SNES characters, I'd love to see the Master from Actraiser make a comeback. I would mind seeing any of the Clayfighters either.

Oddball

Smash Lord
Lost Vikings.

Blizzard rep, unique, from the era.
Lost Vikings could be intresting.

I can picture them playing something like a crossbetween Ice Climbers and Pokemon trainer, where all three of them are running around following each other, and you switch back and forth between control of the one you have.

Top Bottom