• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Mario Party update adds online play

super_mario_party.jpg

After 2 years since it's initial release, Super Mario Party has received an update. This update will add the following:
  • Modes Usable:
    • Mario Party
    • Partner Party
    • Free Play (Minigames)
      • These can be accessed by selecting a mode, then selecting 'Online Play'
  • Online Combinations:
    • 1 player per system; up to 4 switches. Allows 2-4 players
    • 2 players per system; up to 2 switches. Allows for 3-4 players
  • Content availability:
    • All 20 characters will be available
    • All maps will be available
    • 70 of the games 80 minigames will be available
      • All content will be accessible online, whether it has been unlocked in solo play or not
      • Play data won't be saved for online matches
Super Mario Party is available on Nintendo Switch. More information is available on Nintendo's Website.

Author's Note: Wow. I did not expect this. I may just bust out Super Mario Party. I don't even know if I brought it with you. How about you? Let us know in the comments below!

Lucas "Thirdkoopa" Guimaraes

Comments

I think it's pretty cool that Nintendo is giving us another option for Mario Party during the pandemic. Could be a combination of that and something to hold us over until Mario Party 12/Super Mario Party 2.

I really hope that this is some sign that DLC is coming,

I like Super Mario Party, But I would love it even more if they would just give us the option to buy more boards and maybe even mini games too, Really surprising that a game this successful (Well over 10 million units) has yet to get any support. Good game, But lacks content.

While Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros are great, Mario Party is great to whip out with family and friends who don't game too often and just wanna sit back, Have a few snacks and drinks and just play casually.

On one hand this is good, on the other...way to damn late.

I kinda want to try and get back into mario party since I stopped iwth the series after 4 on the gcn (i found it so awful that It turned me away from the series), and online functionality would certainly be a way to get me to try. But at the same time, I just don't think I'd enjoy any MP game again. Much like Mario kart, it just feels like the magic is gone in the series for me.

Top Bottom