• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe Super Mario Maker

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Better late than never, I updated one of my levels:

Yoshi carries the star! (4DA0-0000-035A-1614)
Bookmark link
For those who didn't know the level (and as a reminder for those who forgot it), the point is to find Yoshi to swallow and store a power star then spit it at the point where you can no longer go further in the level without it. However, I realized that the level could be trivialized by skipping a large part of it, so I added some solid blocks between the two P-doors. indeed I realized that if you come back to the P-door at the left of where the Bill Blaster falls, and immediately turn right, then you have the time to pass before the Bill Blaster falls. The new solid blocks prevent this from happening.

To copy-paste what I wrote one year and half ago, I got my inspiration for this level when I played someone else's level once, I kept losing so I took Yoshi then backtracked to find a power star earlier in the level, and I thus stored it to use at a specific place that used to give me trouble. This is also a sort of warning to people who intend to put both a Yoshi and a power star in their levels - unless your level is designed about it (like mine), don't forget about any possible unintended use by the player!

(And don't worry, infinite power stars spawn in my level thank to a pipe.)

Dan

Smash Lord
What a shame this hasn't been ported to Switch yet, and it will be an even bigger shame if it never happens; we had a nice little community here.

Just like how Mario Kart 8's glaring weakness was its battle mode, release a 'Deluxe' port of this game with an ice theme, slopes, etc. All the time it hasn't been released is wasted... this would be the perfect toilet game. :laugh:

Two-player online Course World co-op as Mario & Luigi... c'mon Nintendo :smash:; stop being so boring.

Dan

Smash Lord
We're back in business bois... I assume we'll be making a new thread once 2 launches (?), but clear conditions ftw!

Is it just me or does the NSMB aesthetic look enhanced?

This game will be better than Mario Odyssey and Smash Ultimate... hold your beer Sakurai. They still need to allow us to make our own Course Worlds though, where we could theoretically make our own games.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
We're back in business bois... I assume we'll be making a new thread once 2 launches (?), but clear conditions ftw!

Is it just me or does the NSMB aesthetic look enhanced?

This game will be better than Mario Odyssey and Smash Ultimate... hold your beer Sakurai. They still need to allow us to make our own Course Worlds though, where we could theoretically make our own games.
Wouldn't be surprised if it was to be honest (Even though I saw the direct, I got hopeful when you said NSMB (referring to DS version) and thought I might have missed something important.)

New thread is up by the way ^^

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
Mario Maker 2 is presently my "most hype" upcoming game (as the kids say), but the recent direct revealed some things that I'm really not happy about. Namely, the customization options seem to be taking a hit.

For example, some things are exclusive to the 3D World style or the nighttime theme that have no reason to be, like beat blocks, poison mushrooms, Porcu-puffers, Blarggs/Charvaarghs, etc. Ditto the rising and falling water and lava. I was really looking forward to making things like water and lava caves, and now it looks like I won't be able to.

Also, isn't it weird that they haven't revealed any new power-ups beside the cat bell? I fully expected to have seen the ice flower and frog/penguin suit by now. I really hope they're not sticking to the same old lineup from Mario Maker 1. There's also a real dearth of new enemies (though at least I got my Goombrats). Where da Chargin' Chucks at, am I right?

Last edited:
Top Bottom