• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe Super Mario Maker

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Does anyone know how the medal to upload ratio works? Like how many can you upload at 50?
I know that with 50 medals, you can upload a total of 20 levels. Also, I think that each medals allows you to upload 10 more stages, for a total of 100 stages.

I've also heard that the medal progress is not linear. You'll need 150 medals to upload 10 more stages, for example. I can't find the number of stars needed to reach the last medal, though.

Dan

Smash Lord
Wow. It's kind of brutal, but great as well. It makes a lot of sense.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
My 9th course is all set to play now.

3-1: The Wiggler Waltz
8018-0000-0039-50FB
Super Mario Bros. 3
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkcSdwjPg

I know that with 50 medals, you can upload a total of 20 levels. Also, I think that each medals allows you to upload 10 more stages, for a total of 100 stages.

I've also heard that the medal progress is not linear. You'll need 150 medals to upload 10 more stages, for example. I can't find the number of stars needed to reach the last medal, though.
Wait, so if you need 150 stars to upload up to 30 courses, I'd hate to think about the star requirements needed to upload up to 40 courses; probably 300, if I were to guess.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Here's another stage I created but didn't upload until right now:

Survive to meet Yoshi (BFA2-0000-0064-99ED)
Mario got lost in a cave and had been imprisoned, meant to visit a particularly dangerous chamber. Fortunately, there's a key somewhere... but you will have to survive for some time to use it. Once you get the mushroom key, leave the chamber, and Yoshi will be awaiting for you to help Mario leave this cave!

My favorite level I designed myself so far, excluding one I'm not going to upload anytime soon. It is themed around Super Smash Bros. and I want to unlock all costumes of all Smash characters before uploading it.

Edit: removed, I'm going to upload a better version later; changes include:

- the Hammer Bro in the survive chamber had been removed and replaced by a Chain Chomp;
- fixed a game-breaking way to escape the survive chamber by spinning on the Thwomp using a one-way path square;
- two more Super Mushroom question blocks in order to get multiple chances to grab a mushroom;
- you do not directly start the level in the survive chamber, thus removing this level from the "you die if you don't move immediately" category;
- the P-switch is now in a secondary area;
- fixed leaps of faith.

And other small things mostly aesthetic.

Edit 2: new version is available, hope you enjoy it better than the old one.

Last edited:

Dan

Smash Lord
Another question: how do you know if your course is being filed under Easy, Normal or Expert in 100-man Mario?

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
My new one!
Really proud of it ( after 10 hours...)

It's Bath Time, Bowser Jr!
(183F-0000-003A-D93D)

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
I don't think you do, it's filed under depending on how many times people died before they beat your course, but I don't think they tell you you that.
It tells you how many people have cleared your courses and how many attempts have been made. All of my stages fall under a staggering 20% clear rate. Speaking of....

Try these levels if you want brutality. I have only 4 stage uploads left, so Im going to have to make some kinder stages :p

Dirt Path 1- Underground: B3A0-0000-002B-755A
Dirt Path 2- Airship: 5263-0000-002B-8EDC

Mysterious Cliff Cavern: 2423-0000-0025-45EA
Mysterious Castle Bounce: 1F93-0000-002B-60FB
Fire or Spike: CC28-0000-0029-2833
P-Switch Pathway 3: 2CA8-0000-0039-D736 (This is the only stage I planned before Mario Maker came out, so its the hardest of the bunch.)

Last edited:

justaway12

Smash Master
It tells you how many people have cleared your courses and how many attempts have been made. All of my stages fall under a staggering 20% clear rate. Speaking of....
Yep yep, they tell you the attempts and how many people clear your course, I meant to say I don't they tell you what difficulty it's filed under.

I tried your first level though! It was fun~ I was also the first person to clear that's always a nice feeling lol =} Starred as well.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Bowser's Ghastly Gauntlet: 3731 0000 003C 1883

Took me a while to beat this one myself! It's pretty tough!!

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Course update from me...

Zigzag garden (7F7D-0000-0080-F5FF)
An updated version of the Zigzag Garden course I uploaded earlier. Done mostly aesthetic changes, but also made the beginning of the level easier. Difficulty is still hard, but I think the overall challenge is fair.
Edit: updated again. I fixed many of this stage's design issues and done some aesthetic changes.

... and now a brand new course:

Time to tip the scales! (50AF-0000-008F-1F1C)
You have been imprisoned in a spooky house! Fortunately, there's a tactician from the past whose soul rests here, and who is willing to let you borrow his power to help you leaving your room, then the house... Difficulty: medium.
Edit: replaced to add some improvements
Edit again: added some new parts in the course and made sure you can't be stuck and unable to beat the level.

Last edited:

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
I haven't got any ideas for a good, long level yet, but here's a couple of smaller ones I've made:

8139-0000-0023-3774 - "Eight Melodies"
273A-0000-003A-91B1 - "GP Cancel" (pretty much just one obstacle, but you have to really know the mechanics to survive)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Thanks to some generous players, my upload limit has now increased to 20. To celebrate, here's my 11th course...

3-3: Flight of the Buzzy Beetles
326B-0000-003F-B13C
New Super Mario Bros. U
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkcgwrpnA

This new course is probably tougher than my last set of courses, but the difficulty is still fair in that there aren't any hazards around; it is also my very first auto-scrolling course in Super Mario Maker. The main challenge is just trying to land on the flying Buzzy Beetles, which are the main element of the course; some of them do have Goombas or Piranha Plants on their backs though.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My latest course.

It's a lot easier than usual

B252-0000-0040-1760

High Road, Low Road

The High road is faster but harder, the low road is longer and not completely without danger

Edit:

FC0-0000-0040-3B98

Patch to my stage

I made a dead end trap the first time on accident

Patch!

Last edited:

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
Plants VS Pipes.
After Plants vs Zombies, the next sequel : Plants vs Pipes.
69F7-0000-0048-BD08

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
We should attempt to gather people's names and their creations for people to attempt

Maybe even rank them

Like, in the OP or something

Last edited:

Dan

Smash Lord
We should attempt to gather people's names and their creations for people to attempt

Maybe even rank them

Like, in the OP or something
Yeah, but the OP isn't active in the thread anymore. Would probably warrant it's own thread instead.

It tells you how many people have cleared your courses and how many attempts have been made. All of my stages fall under a staggering 20% clear rate.
Yeah. The average player seems to not be so good at Mario. The level I posted, the second obstacle is a a red Paratroopa guarding a door (it just moves up and down in place), very simple stuff, yet so many X's there. It is really disappointing. Stuff that you think might be too easy, there's a lot of deaths there.

The other thing is, say someone plays your course 10 times and beats it once, they would be contributing a 10% to your overall completion rate, not a 100%, even though they beat it. It's really a completion rate, not a clear rate. That's why all of them are so pitifully low.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
My 12th course is now ready to try out.

3-4: Conveyor Belt Castle
AEEE-0000-0043-2B78
Super Mario Bros.
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkcm3XD_A

This course focuses on the usage of the conveyor belts. Bowser Jr. is giant-sized, while Bowser has a Hammer Bro on his back. There's also a hidden Mystery Mushroom, but if you're going to try to complete the course with the Mystery Mushroom power-up, you will have to tread more cautiously than if you were to use the Fire Flower power-up; this is especially true once Bowser starts spitting his fireballs at you.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Im losing some of the difficulty with a new 'Series', starring Wario!

Wario Waker (Collect 10 Coins) : 0841-0000-0040-6408
Wario Taker (Collect 20 Coins) : 8D95-0000-0040-6295

These are actually really easy levels. The Flagpole is easily accessible, so you can quit at almost any time, or just not do the challenge entirely. Of course, if you do plan on grabbing the coins, expect a bit of difficulty :p

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Here's a new level I made:

Don't Touch the coins! (F864-0000-0044-555B)

This one is kind of difficult, since you have to go to the right without touching any of the coins above. It's tough and short so give it a try.

And while I was at it I made an improvement to my first stage:

Mario's Action (easier version) (85F6-0000-0044-6FF7)

This is basically the Mario's Action level I posted earlier without the cheap traps (such as invisible blocks ruining the first jump). It's much more accessible so try it out.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I really wanna try to make a water level

Seems difficult

Albie83

Smash Apprentice
I started playing these stages that have been posted in this topic. I didn't want this to turn into one of those topics that everyone posts their stages but doesn't get any feedback. So I will provide some feedback. I started with the first level posted and worked my way down. There are still many that I have not yet gotten to of course.

Some disclaimers:

I am not a fan of super hard levels for the sake of being super hard. I know there are some people who enjoy really challenging levels and I know those levels are not built with a casual Mario player in mind. I tried some of the ones posted just to say I did, but my statements won't say too much as I give up after I die too many times for my comfort.

Anything that I mention about the level that I do not like is only my opinion. If I mention something in the level that I don't care for, but many others do, please remember this is my opinion only. Anything mentioned that I do not like, I am hoping to be taken as constructive criticism and not as an insult to the level creator. Many of the levels that I have played have some real skill behind it.

This seems like a pretty good starter level. It is simple and you get the feel for it. I actually thought this one was tougher than 1-3. I thought the later part of the level didn’t have as much finesse as the beginning part though. All in all it is a pretty well rounded level with nothing too memorable. I am assuming that is what you were going for as this was level 1-1.

This was my favorite level of yours that I played tonight. There were a few platforms out of the way for exploration that I thought was nice. My only little gripe is that the reward didn’t seem good enough when I hit my head and fell down the pit to get those coins, unless I missed like a 1-Up invisible box or something (which may have been the case, lol). My favorite part was when you are on the moving platform and the two Bullet Bills were firing at you. I thought the level picked up a good pace to that and I liked the aesthetic of that part.

This was the easiest stage of yours that I played tonight. That isn’t a bad thing. I liked the look and I liked shooting the giant flying goombas. This map stayed pretty consistent from beginning to end and I don’t have much to say on this one. I did star it as I had fun playing it.

I loved this course. There I got that out of the way. I liked that there were bonus paths you can take that were more dangerous but worth it. Even the beginning where you can fall into the hole and descend on blocks to get the mushroom. You can easily skip it, but it is worth going through. The donut blocks and the tanooki suit was tougher. Good boss fights and an unskippable Bowser that killed me many times.

This course was difficult for me and made me frustrated. I see a lot of good ideas in here, but many of the times I died I felt were for reasons beyond my control. I loved the look and I liked that when you start you can see the level above you before going down the pipe, so when you get there later it is a sigh of relief. I can see why you put the invisible blocks in Bowser Jr’s area to make the player fight him, but the first time I died on him was because I was trying to avoid him and the block knocked me into him. After Bowser Jr some of the platforming was hit and miss. I liked the dry bones on the droppable blocks and thought that added danger to the platforming in that section. Also the moving platform with a single coin in the areas that the fireballs come out to give the player a chance was a good addition. The main sections that I had a problem with were the winged dry bones that you have to jump on to get to the next platform; as the moving platform that I was on would time itself that the only feasible time to jump is when the dry bones is at the lowest point and I would miss the platform by an inch. That was what got me pretty frustrated. I am imagining that since your stages have numbers that they were meant to be played in order and there is a huge difficulty increase between 1-3 and 1-4.

I admit, I could not finish. This level is sadistic and I knew it was going to be after reading PAIN in coins as it first started. If you like these super hard levels, from what I seen it looks good. Of course the furthest I made it was past the fire piranha plants on the koopas which is most likely 1/8th of the level, lol.

I typed the course ID but got a course not found so I don’t know if it was taken off or mistyped.

Pretty decent layout. Some of the aesthetics were pretty ugly and seemed to just been thrown in there such as background coral not reaching the bottom of the tiles and some of the blocks being thrown in there. I did like finding the secret Yoshi. The highlight to me was the underwater area with the buzzy beetles both dropping down on you and flying at you. I did learn that if you butt stomp the ? with the vine in it that it goes down instead of up and making your level impossible to continue. A little warning before you get to Captain BIG would’ve been nice as as soon as I got up there he stomped down while I was getting my bearings and he froze me while I got smacked by hammers.

I liked the look of this level, although I spent most of the level hijacking Lakitu clouds. Yoshi makes life happy. You have a real pleasing look to your levels aesthetically. Funny story about this level is that I died on a Lakitu about 5 pixels away on the flagpole. The only thing about this level is I there isn’t much time spent on the ground if you don’t want to. By the time one Lakitu cloud bursts there is another Lakitu and a high place to kill him. This may have been what you were going for though.

This isn’t a typical Mario level, but instead a puzzle (hence the name). It is a decent idea although the puzzle isn’t very hard and is a game of chance and memorization. Since it is a puzzle there isn’t much replay value, but I liked the trick. I won’t spoil it for anyone else who wants to check it out.

I typed in the ID and I get a course not found. It has either been removed or the code is incorrect.

This was unique. Waiting for the buzzsaw was annoying if you missed it and there is no clear sense of where you are supposed to go. I liked the end that was covered up and forcing you to stay and fight. I thought all in all that this had some great ideas for levels but some of the beginning area and end area felt like just a lot of enemies for the sake of a lot of enemies and not really for any other purpose as they weren’t very difficult to go through. The platforming in the shoe is where this level shines the best.

There were a lot of enemies in here. This level seemed to rely on level memorization over skill to get passed the enemies. There is even an area that takes you to certain death when you do explore a little bit. This level seemed to be more of a test on how enemies behave together. I would like to see some of those enemies in a level that didn’t rely on memorization though.

I knew this level was going to be difficult based on when I logged in it shown 44 tries and 0 completion. I felt good finally getting by the vine area at the very beginning and thought that was well crafted for a difficult level. I know some people are big fans of super hard levels, but that had never been my forte. I ended up dying by invisible block a few times after that and could not go beyond that do to my lack of skills.

Now that is all I can do tonight. I don't know when I will continue, but I will. Now that I got the reviews done for the night I will plug my own stage.

It is called Ghost Ship.
The ID is as follows: B525-0000-0040-795E

I put in quite a bit of work on this level, but I am always looking to improve by getting other people's opinions.

Thanks.

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
Pretty decent layout. Some of the aesthetics were pretty ugly and seemed to just been thrown in there such as background coral not reaching the bottom of the tiles and some of the blocks being thrown in there. I did like finding the secret Yoshi. The highlight to me was the underwater area with the buzzy beetles both dropping down on you and flying at you. I did learn that if you butt stomp the ? with the vine in it that it goes down instead of up and making your level impossible to continue. A little warning before you get to Captain BIG would’ve been nice as as soon as I got up there he stomped down while I was getting my bearings and he froze me while I got smacked by hammers.

thanks for the feedback.

the background coral moved , and i didnt notice after 2 days... but my lv was upload... :(
will make a better version but this game won't let me to update without losing comments/stats/code

for the block, where ? i put some block for a shortcut between two pipes, that's why! ;)
and after the water part, i put some coin when you press the p-switch to make this part easy for casual players.

for the brothers...i will put a comment. didnt know why until yesterday!

AGAIN, thanks for the feedback , it's helpful. go try some more level from me. this one was my 3rd :p

Plants VS Pipes. After Plants vs Zombies, the next sequel : Plants vs Pipes.
69F7-0000-0048-BD08

Red Remedy! Turtle allergy!
Health problem? Hit 911, a Dr.Mario will then come.
9FF6-0000-0043-F8FA

It's Bath Time, Bowser Jr! *Hard
The play is over, time to go bed little kid.
9A2F-0000-003F-707A

Haaa, FRESH Meat!!!
You've always wondered what was the typical dish of mushroom kingdom?
0399-0000-0030-454F

The Prince Frog.
Can you deliver Slippy Toad from the evil magician?.
674B-0000-002A-D02A

Captain BIG & his 2 Brothers
Run in style for your life in this boat n'water level Search for the treasure room and multiple secrets on a Quest against the evil Captain BIG and his 2 brothers
FD19-0000-0027-3E85

Jump like a Kirby!!!
Can you mimic Kirby fly?
4105-0000-002B-4E45

Who let the DOGSOut with the POW
Classic Super Mario Bros 3 level with secrets.
6950-0000-0019-8036

The Fallen cavern
Classic Super Mario Bros 3 level with secrets.
6950-0000-0019-8036

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
My first airship course is now available to play.

4-2: The Great Artillery Airship
4E7F-0000-0046-ED52
Super Mario Bros. 3
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkcwYqm-A

As the course name would suggest, the main obstacles are the cannons, Bill Blasters, and burners. Some of the cannons are even placed on top of Koopa Troopas and flying Dry Bones'. Bowser Jr. is also fought here, and he's riding on a Koopa Clown Car. You have to defeat Bowser Jr., as his Koopa Clown Car is required to reach a pipe that leads to the end of the course.

@ Albie83 Albie83 : I find it pretty ironic how one would consider my first course to be harder than my third course, since the first course is pretty straightforward; I guess skill level difference can play a factor as well. As for my fourth course, the hidden blocks at the Bowser Jr. battle were never meant to troll anyone. They're simply there to enable players to advance, after Bowser Jr. has been taken care of.

Anyway, while I do what I can to keep the difficulty fair, the difficulty can sometimes fluctuate between courses.

Dan

Smash Lord
I just ran into a huge problem with Miiverse comments obstructing the view of the course. I was just playing a terrific level, Footrace with Spiny (C1C5-0000-0012-CCB2). It's a fast-scrolling level and there's a part where a red Wiggler is coming at you; you have to act fast, and you can't even see it most of the time because there's a comment in the way.

I thought there was a way to disable them, but it's just Global/Regional.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Airship courses are my favorite to make

I'm currently trying to make a super Mario world airship.

Koopa clown car seems to be the best way to ensure bowser fight is required

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I just ran into a huge problem with Miiverse comments obstructing the view of the course. I was just playing a terrific level, Footrace with Spiny (C1C5-0000-0012-CCB2). It's a fast-scrolling level and there's a part where a red Wiggler is coming at you; you have to act fast, and you can't even see it most of the time because there's a comment in the way.

In the pause menu, you can disable them. There's the possibility to:

-Show them on both screen
-TV only
-Gamepad Only
-No comments at all.

Dan

Smash Lord
I have a new course ready for others to try out...

1-4: Platform Castle
B4A3-0000-0022-72E5
Super Mario Bros. 3
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkbtL7k0g

This is my first castle course, and it has two halves. Bowser Jr. is fought at the end of the first half, while Bowser is the second half boss.
This is a really good level. The first I've played of yours.

Well designed; not too easy, but not unfair.

I wish the blue platform would respawn before the Bowser Jr. boss battle, but that's out of your control, unless there is a workaround for that. If you miss that jump but jump back to the previous platform like I did, you're pretty much dead in the water, or lava for that matter. :laugh:

The hidden 1-up at the beginning made me smile. :) Great minds think alike!

This game really needs checkpoints, because one would be perfect after the BJ boss battle. Mandatory boss fights as well.

Geez, you are good. It felt like an actual Mario level. Followed and starred!

Alas, I will have to check out all of your levels, because that was awesome!

I did never actually beat this level though. I got to about that giant Buzzy Beetle but I will have to try again sometime.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Course #15 is available to try out now.

4-3: Chain Chomps of the Night
AAF5-0000-0048-C0ED
Super Mario Bros.
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkc24I0SA

Chain Chomps are the main obstacle, though some Goombas, Koopa Troopas, and Buzzy Beetles are present as well. Much like with my previous Super Mario Bros. style courses, a Mystery Mushroom is present somewhere in the course, and I tested the course enough times to make sure that you can complete it with the Mystery Mushroom costume.

This is a really good level. The first I've played of yours.

Well designed; not too easy, but not unfair.

I wish the blue platform would respawn before the Bowser Jr. boss battle, but that's out of your control, unless there is a workaround for that. If you miss that jump but jump back to the previous platform like I did, you're pretty much dead in the water, or lava for that matter. :laugh:

The hidden 1-up at the beginning made me smile. :) Great minds think alike!

This game really needs checkpoints, because one would be perfect after the BJ boss battle. Mandatory boss fights as well.

Geez, you are good. It felt like an actual Mario level. Followed and starred!

Alas, I will have to check out all of your levels, because that was awesome!

I did never actually beat this level though. I got to about that giant Buzzy Beetle but I will have to try again sometime.
Platform Castle really isn't all that difficult once you know when to time your jumps. I've made some courses that are more difficult than that course, but I still try to keep the difficulty fair when needed.

While you're playing a course in Course World, you can pause the game to adjust where the comments will appear; you can have them appear on the TV and GamePad, the TV only, the GamePad only, or turned off altogether.

Albie83

Smash Apprentice
@ Maxoxpower Maxoxpower I'm glad that you found my comments helpful and I have played a couple more of your levels as they are listed down below. So far I find that each of your levels I like better than the previous one, which is a good trait in level design.

@ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy I think the goomba tower in 1-1 got me. It was the first course I played last night so I guess I wasn't in the zone. I didn't think the invisible block was placed for trolling purposes. I know it is out of your control, but I wish they had keys or triggers or something to unlock the path after you defeat the boss. But then again there would be more annoying troll levels in 100 Mario Challenge that you cannot go forward unless you kill the right goomba in 100 placed.

Anyway, I played a few more levels tonight. Going through the list I realized that I accidentally skipped over Escape from Goombatraz by Kewkky so that is the one I started with.

This was a pretty simple stage in a design aspect, but a hard level to play. It was very hectic with all the Bullet Bills chasing you. I managed to complete this stage believe it or not. I liked that there was a slight breathing room between the different sections. It was nice getting the goomba costume as you can get a free hit, which if you are like me, you will need.

There is some good things in this stage. My biggest problem is consistency with this level. The name of the level is Prince Frog so when I got a ? mushroom that made me Slippy Toad, I figured that I got it. Shortly after though I got a fire flower which kills the Slippy skin and makes me Mario. Sure the fire flower was in a pipe that can be avoided, but I thought it killed the Prince Frog aspect of it. Also in the rest of the level having the fire flower doesn’t really help you any as any goombas in the platforming section was too far to shoot and after that they were chain chomps that you can’t shoot. The platforming in the shoe was fun and I was assuming it was there because frogs jump high and it keeps with the theme. But the highlight to me was the chain chomp “maze” at the end, even though that didn't really scream out frog prince to me. I would like to play more of that. I was also glad to see more design aspects most noticeably the ? blocks strewn about in the walls of the area in the pipe. It gave it some flare.

This is my new favorite level of yours. It was almost perfect. My only tiny nitpik was that the bonus area gave me a ? mushroom and then I couldn’t use my fire flower. I liked this stage from the beginning and it builds the closer you get to the end. In fact I played it to completion twice.

This is your best looking level that I played. Right after you go down the pipe, I thought there would be a secret to the left so I jumped on the crates and unfortunately it led me nowhere and I had to start the level over because I could not get down. Also towards the end there is a ? block that was unreachable. I have a feeling the giant goomba was there to jump on for a boost, but he was stuck on the conveyer belt nowhere near the ?. I liked the P-Switch games and finding the secret 1-Up always makes me happy.

This feels like a classic Mario level while being new which I really loved. Giant Cheep Cheeps with wings at the end made it feel hectic, but not overwhelming. Anyway this was a great level and so far I am liking your world 2.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I have a few to share. I was going to upload another but I just found out some old SMW tech works here and it'd break my level pretty hard.

Wall kicks (& air stalls) work!
76AF-0000-0027-04DB

A pretty simplistic level making good use of the NSMB theme. I don't think it's hard but it only has one clear for some reason. *shrugs*

Autoscrolling Ghost House
7AA3-0000-003D-4B01

Buddy asked for "one heck of a Ghost House" and he got it, heh. At one point there's four almost completely identical rooms connected to each other and you can only move through them in certain ways thanks to the autoscrolling. Took me a few hours (at work though) to make a puzzle out of it that couldn't be broken... I thought it might be too hard so I left a guide to the second part hidden in the sub world, gotta use edit mode to see it though.

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
There is some good things in this stage. My biggest problem is consistency with this level. The name of the level is Prince Frog so when I got a ? mushroom that made me Slippy Toad, I figured that I got it. Shortly after though I got a fire flower which kills the Slippy skin and makes me Mario. Sure the fire flower was in a pipe that can be avoided, but I thought it killed the Prince Frog aspect of it. Also in the rest of the level having the fire flower doesn’t really help you any as any goombas in the platforming section was too far to shoot and after that they were chain chomps that you can’t shoot. The platforming in the shoe was fun and I was assuming it was there because frogs jump high and it keeps with the theme. But the highlight to me was the chain chomp “maze” at the end, even though that didn't really scream out frog prince to me. I would like to play more of that. I was also glad to see more design aspects most noticeably the ? blocks strewn about in the walls of the area in the pipe. It gave it some flare.

yes i know for the fire flower..i got version 2, instead of that fire flower its another frog amiibo suit..
i will upload it too later, i just hate that we cant upload witout lose anything.... really... :(

This is your best looking level that I played. Right after you go down the pipe, I thought there would be a secret to the left so I jumped on the crates and unfortunately it led me nowhere and I had to start the level over because I could not get down. Also towards the end there is a ? block that was unreachable. I have a feeling the giant goomba was there to jump on for a boost, but he was stuck on the conveyer belt nowhere near the ?. I liked the P-Switch games and finding the secret 1-Up always makes me happy.
if you...check the comments, a guy found this too , i am so sorry for that. it's embarassing , updated this lv too... :p
for the block, its reachable, but you need to grab a p switch, bring it to the overworld sub stage, put it down, dont use it but go top and punch the flying block, you will got another p switch .
use it and bring the other one and near the end of the level you can stop the mechanics / change coin with block and use it. seems hard but it's easy to do. really need your brain to dit it :p

thanks a lot! i really want you to test PIPES vs plants EASY version, need advice to make this level "normal difficulty"

and check again captain big please, i added some comments, just wanted to know if this better with comments ON.

and last thing , it's bath time, bowser jr HARD , just want you to "analyse" the difficulty.

thankssssssssss again ;)

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
My second Mario Maker Level is up! It's called silver and gold. It has two different paths,one for gold mario and the other for silver. Try to maker it out of the mine with either metal! It's not that difficult of a stage but has it's moments. It also has some puzzle aspects to it. The Gold course is harder then silver. To access silver, go through the door at the start, to access gold grab the mystery mushroom at the start and head right! I'm really proud of how this stage turned out and would love some feedback. Tell me if you played please! Here is it's code:

D46A-0000-004B-4DD3.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Made a stage after like a week of not making any. Tried making it hard but doable, with a few shortcuts here and there for the skilled people (one's huge and takes you right to the end of the stage):

Shortcuts Galore for the Skilled
(B7A8-0000-0055-6A3E)
Super Mario World
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkdXEueMA

Last edited:

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
A Dog's Tale.
A Duck hunt Story, searching for his family, prisoners from big baddies.
D7AF-0000-0051-8714 ( Put comments ON on Wii u gamepad for better experience!

Last edited:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
New stages from me:

Size switching world (3EBD-0000-0049-FD5C)
You discovered a new world!... wait, actually, you discovered two new worlds? Wait no, you actually discovered a new world with two different faces! They are almost identical, but in one of them, enemies are giant. You must switch between both faces of this tricky world to succeed. Difficulty: medium.

Aether & Dark Aether
You discovered a new planet... a planet destroyed by its dark twin, which will be mandatory to explore to progress in spite of its dangerous atmosphere. Then you'll have to penetrate the fortress of the space pirates, and find Luminoth technology that will allow you to go back in Dark Aether without being damaged by its atmosphere, where the vital energy of the planet Aether had been stolen! Difficulty: hard.

Edit: removed because I felt that it needed some level design improvements. Also I'll wait to unlock the Zero Suit Samus costume before uploading it again because you know, that tradition of "best endings" in Metroid games that reveal the woman behind the suit.

Tetris (A0AA-0000-0050-5713)
Self explanatory. Difficulty: easy.

Also I removed Tricky Airship and Skies of the underworld. Deleting some meh stages for others I hope are better.

Last edited:
Top Bottom