• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Mario Maker online services will end on 3/31

SI_WiiU_SuperMarioMaker_v01_image1600w.jpg

Nintendo took to Twitter today to announce that online services for Super Mario Maker will end on March 31, 2021. This includes the supplementary bookmarking site that allows people to browse uploaded course.

Nintendo has not given an explanation to why the services are ending, but Nintendo has confirmed that any changes to Super Mario Maker's availability will have no effect on Super Mario Maker 2. Nintendo of Europe's product page has also announced that Super Mario Maker will be delisted on the eShop on January 13th, 2021.

March 31st will be a big delisting day, as Super Mario 3D All-Stars, Super Mario Bros 35, Game & Watch Super Mario Bros, and even Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light will all no longer be sold new or available, whether physical or digital.

Super Mario Maker on Nintendo Wii U and Nintendo 3DS, and Super Mario Maker 2 on Nintendo Switch, are all available world wide.

Author's Notes: Thoughts? My first thought was my condolences for the creator ChainChompBraden who has been working on his stage, Trials of Death, for over 3,000 hours and 1,500 days. Quite impressive. He still plans on completing it and showing it to all of the people who want to recreate it. Now that's dedication. Beyond that, I don't really play Mario Maker much.

Lucas "Thirdkoopa" Guimaraes

Comments

Top Bottom