• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe Super Mario Maker Custom Costumes

MrNantendo

Smash Cadet
Hello everyone!

I am sure a lot of us are all looking forward to Super Mario Maker which is about to release. One of the features of Mario Maker are the costumes you can give Mario. There are 100 of them in total and thanks to a new leaked video, we have seen what all of them are.

I want to thank member justaway12 who provided a picture of all the amiibo costumes from the game:

I am sure there are a lot of disappointments from the chosen costumes here and there are some fairly obvious characters who felt like they would be in for sure, missing from the line-up. Because of this, i thought it would be fun to make 8-bit sprites of missing characters to see what potential future amiibo costumes could look like, if nintendo decides to update this game in the future like with Mario Kart Mii costumes.

For now i am going to keep these spoilered for people who want to see the costumes for themselves but after about a week from the games launch i will unspoiler them. To start with i have made this glaring exception:

Costume Pack 1:

I will update this whenever i have time to make more, but i hope you like what i do and feel free to contribute. I have a list of characters i would like to do and i will update the first post when i make them.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Dedede's my favorite. Sonic and Pac Man are also nice. Most of them look WAAAAY too shrunken down

Sonic looks really detailed

I don't really consider these spoilers since I'm going to mostly play mario 3

justaway12

Smash Master
Dedede's my favorite. Sonic and Pac Man are also nice. Most of them look WAAAAY too shrunken down
That's my main issue with the amiibo costume, they're meant to be Mario in his "Super" forms, so having them be so small Mario size throws me off

Anyway, that's a nice sprite! I was also surprised at her exclusion, considering some of the other costumes lol I was hoping for her and Toadette to make it in, and maybe Pauline/Lady would've been cool

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Even though I like the concept of guest SMB sprites (I'm a sprite fanatic so this will be great), I hate the fact that they are limited to a mushroom that loses its effect after taking damage. It removes the ability to get creative with a mimic "Kirby in Mario" gameplay.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I think these costumes are great, though I wish there was a Daisy alt and a Wario overalls alt. Any of these would have been better than the mahjong piece in my opinion.

MrNantendo

Smash Cadet
A wario in overalls alt. makes so much sense. I will do him in the next batch. Until then here are the first 20, chosen specifically because of their appearance in super smash bros (with the exception of one):

Top Bottom